Review: "Sysomos MAP used for advertising agency"https://www.trustradius.com/social-media-monitoringSysomos MAPUnspecified7.8411012013-04-23T19:05:40.861Z
- Identifies key social conversations around a brand across social media, blogs and traditional news sites
- Helps to calculate estimated impressions for Twitter campaigns
- Shows buzz around keywords for up to 2 years (only 1 year for Twitter)
- Less information is available for Facebook (only up to 6 weeks) though this is due in part to Facebook's restrictions
- Would like historical data for longer periods of time
- The ability to access impressions on Twitter allows us to quantify earned media more effectively than with other agency tools.
- Overall buzz and impression numbers help to quantify earned media overall.
We have been extremely satisfied. Cost and Facebook integration may cause a product switch, but we have been overall very happy with Sysomos and will likely renew.
Evaluation and Selection
We switched agency social listening solutions from Oracle Collective Intellect to Sysomos MAP.
Radian 6 and Meltwater Buzz were also on the shortlist. Radian 6 was not chosen based on their per-result pricing model (at the time of our evaluation, this model has since changed) as well as the focus on widget data display. Meltwater Buzz was the economical candidate coming in with the most functionality at its lower price-point. We felt their focus had shifted from listening to more of an engagement tool. While the listening portion still appeared to have great capabilities, we were more impressed with Sysomos.
Our support team is great at quickly getting back to us and has been very helpful in assisting with multiple on-boardings as new segments of the agency begin using the tool.
The product is very easy to use. The platform is visual and data is easy to read. Boolean construction can sometimes be difficult, but the boolean constructor tool is helpful for boolean beginners. For more experienced boolean constructors, the boolean display at the top is very helpful in identifying where there may be holes in the construction.
The vendor was fantastic with both pre-sale communications and post-sales. Our reps have been amazing.
We did not necessarily negotiate specialized terms but had in the past been able to communicate our budget and work towards a solution to fit within it. These were not the final terms agreed upon (as our budget changed), but Sysomos was very willing to discuss possible options to work around budget constraints. My best advice is to communicate any shortcomings that may prevent the contract and see how much they are willing to work together to get around them. The team is very good at working with agencies and clients across the spectrum of industries.