Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Desktop
We use Tableau Desktop within our BI and Analytics Team fairly sparingly and mostly for the geocoding and mapping of our data for presentation. At a smaller level we have used Tableau for quick analysis.
- Great for geocoding/viewing content plotted on a map
- Analysis features are very powerful
- Data connectivity options are numerous
- Overly complex for the lay business user to connect to data
- Needs to save connections and credentials such that they can be re-used
- Microsoft PowerBI and SAP Business Objects
Tableau has superior mapping out of the box but the visualizations within PowerBI are superior. BusinesObjects allows an end-user to explore/write queries without knowledge of SQL and a cursory knowledge of the data whereas both PowerBI and Tableau require some SQL and data infrastructure knowledge and training.