Overall Satisfaction with The Raisers Edge
We wanted a database that would combine all our constituents, gifts and events into one database where we could easily access the information and continue to grow in complexity as we expanded. Throughout our time using Raiser's Edge it has exceeded all our criteria and expectations...
- Ease of use: Because Raiser's Edge is so easy to learn and use we've dramatically cut down on our training and report development time. Our data is much cleaner and more accurate now because we have so many people who can easily spot and correct data errors before they become problems.
- Support: the myriad of support options from peers in the field, online communities, third party material and even their support chat line has all helped us work through problems easily and with much less time than our previous software.
- Customization of some canned reports is lacking, but the ability to build your own reports in Crystal Reports has been a lifesaver.
- A lot of the tools in Raiser's Edge provide simple analysis, but for any sort of true analytics you'll want to export your data to specialized software.
- Being able to build and query on calculated fields would expand usability 100 times over.
- We've saved a lot of time and money converting to Raiser's Edge by putting the power to query and build reports directly into the hands of the user. Prior to using Raiser's Edge we employed a full-time programmer to run our constituent database.
- Raiser's Edge has grown with us and allowed us to take on more responsibility and tasks (such as running events) without having to purchase additional specialized software.