Updated July 12, 2022
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is a fantastic DSP that can be used to extend your reach on branding and performance campaigns worldwide. We have found them to have exclusive inventory and vast reach and that has allowed us to run user acquisition and retargeting campaigns to add to the DSP mix that we are already using.
- Unique ID to track users across the web.
- Different bidding techniques.
- Premium supply.
- Reporting not granular enough.
- Not transparent on their take rate.
- Lots of CTV inventory.
- It has allowed us to reach more users, getting us more budgets increasing ROI.
- Take rate on media is a bit high, impacting margins and ROI on a negative way.
- Data fees decrease ROI.
The Trade Desk is a much better product than AppNexus. Even though both products showed promise awhile back, AppNexus stopped innovating and The Trade Desk became specialists on data, cross site tracking and CTV inventory thus having a better and more unique product that actually adds value to your advertising efforts.
The Trade Desk works especially well for CTV campaigns in the US. Even though you can run mobile campaigns, their focus on the last few years has been on connected TV and that is why they have a lot of premium inventory. I would not recommend running desktop campaigns with them as it is not their primary focus.