AppNexus AppNexus offers online auction infrastructure and technology for data management, optimization, financial clearing and support for directly negotiated advertising campaigns. It integrates with advertising sources including Google's DoubleClick, Microsoft's AdECN, and aggregators.[3]https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/p2/dC/SVJ549TQ9TB9.JPEGThe best Yield Management AppOur digital ad operations department is using Yieldex of AppNexus for reporting on yield. Before Yieldex, we were not able to report on metrics by section or DMA. Now I send KPI reports to management with metrics like STR, Impressions, eCPM, capacity -- by website, section and by DMA. Our traffic team is using the At-Risk report to check on campaigns that may not be delivered in full. Yieldex's forecasting accuracy has been proven to be better than DFP. So, we are also going to plug it into FatTail -- our order management platform for DFP. Yiedex allows me to build reports which no previous apps were able to do with ease. Since it logs all the impressions, Yieldex allows me to slice and dice the data. It lets you report based on DIV_ID. You can also analyze sales performance via salesperson scorecard or advertiser scorecard.,Yieldex's unique capability to report metrics by section and DMA Yieldex's superior forecasting capability Yieldex's powerful reporting platform -- it is like a pivot talbe of DFP reporting Yieldex's capability to track Salesperson Performance,Better visualization and dashboard will make it a perfect product. The product concept is hard to master. More video training in addition to the interactive training may help. More report templates will make my life easier since it takes time to build one.,9,The price tag is expensive,QlikView,B2BPixel Pro Media Review on AppNexusHi Alan Cooke, Nice to e-meet you! We have been using AppNexus for one year. We are monetizing our inventory through the AppNexus platform and it's been pretty good so far and the support we get from them is very pleasing. AppNexus is being used by our entire organisation. We had a very good training session and the after relationship with our account manager is great. They provide all required information regarding how effectively one can use their platform and we earn knowledge from their wiki. On the whole we strongly recommend AppNexus to use.,As per my experience they have strong support personnel. Solving the issues as and when required. We can solve certain issues like campaign performance, inventory optimization and more with the help of AppNexus wiki. We get all the required information in the Wiki itself. They have given the right platform to both buyers and sellers to workout and meet their digital marketing needs and goals.,Every organisation whether small, medium or big will always have room for improvement. So in the case of AppNexus I think they are already one of the top digital market leaders. Their platform is user friendly so there is no particular feature that is hard to use unless we don't know how to use it. There is a small time consuming process we are recently facing and that is when creating users for a particular publisher account. Previously we used to get the random system generated password when we click on get password button which is available below the username. Now AppNexus has recently introduced a system in which a link will be sent directly to publisher email id and the publishers are allowed to set their own password and it is agreed. But the problem here is we are seeing invalid token messages from lot of our publishers that is due to link expiry which was sent by the AppNexus. So we have to create a new user for the publishers and it is a somewhat time consuming process. AppNexus might aware of this and they might be working on this.,8,As long as you maintain quality and hard work the results with AppNexus is unbelievable. The results are always positive and the returns will obviously result in Organisation growth, Employee satisfaction and expansion of business. AppNexus has designed in such a way to give better customer service.,,9Appnexus is good but it could get even better!!AppNexus is being used by our Trading Desk - Affiperf. Affiperf is part of our specialties department and we handle several clients who buy programmatically and we decide which DSP to use for each campaign, and one of those DSPs is AppNexus.,Targeting geographically by cities and regions, it has better targeting capabilities compared to other DSPs. More and various targeting contextual categories. Budget pacing is really great and super accurate.,Customer Service - you don't have an account representative assigned to trading desks. User interface is not easy - if you are new to the tool - it's not that easy to know how to set up everything. There is no training or certification available for users.,4,The performance campaign I ran with AppNexus didn't deliver the expected/desired ROI goal.,MediaMath,Both,5,5,Branding digital campaigns Performance campaigns Deliver inventory availability in certain regions,4,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,I wouldn't change it,Implemented in-house,Not sure, I wasn't here when they implemented it.,5,Self-taught,2,No, and no I wouldn't.,5,You should ask users what they use more often and offer only what they need not what you think they need.,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,Yes - we have added extensive custom code,No,6,No,Yes, I had a problem with a campaign that was not delivering and had several questions regarding the campaign setup I had done and the support representative followed up and helped me through all the process until the issue was resolved.,Targeting capabilities Creative/ad assign,Set up overall campaign Create advertiser,5,5,10,10,Artemis Tableau Alteryx,Artemis Tableau,API (e.g. SOAP or REST),5,Proactively offer it to users,4,6,I wasn't involved in the sale,Be sure to keep your client happy after the sale so they can continue using your software,Interface changes and improved a little,An even better interface,No,NoAppNexus, a great tool for Programmatic MarketersIt was used as DMP for our programmatic enterprise system. We used AppNexus to pull daily spend reports in order to provide our clients with accurate reporting. I had to pull reports every day and had a good experience with the user interface. The reporting tool is easy to use and everything is relatively easy to find.,I only have experience using the reporting function in AppNexus which worked very well. I cannot speak so much for their cloud based platform.,The report saving function on the UI always seemed to have issues. I would save my reports all of the time but they would not store. In order to get around this I had to re-open recently made reports and adjust parameters in there. Although this is not a huge setback, it was still an inconvenience especially with daily reporting needs.,7,Allowed more effective organization of programmatic campaigns with a proven whitelist of appropriate sites.,Rubicon Project,B2BThumbs up to AppNexus!AppNexus is used in two departments in our company: Media Solutions and RTB. For Media Solutions: We implement display and facebook campaigns and run these campaigns live. When appropriate, we optimize and sent out reporting to client for the campaign. For RTB: AppNexus is one of the DSPs used to access our open exchange. The RTB team monitors the exchange from publisher to DSP and optimizes toward removing any suspicious domains to make available premium quality impressions.,The reporting is easy to use and download. The metrics are laid out in a way where you just pick and check the box of how you want your report generated. The UI is very user friendly, it's easy to find advertisers and campaigns filtered by active and inactive I like the features once you find an advertiser and click on it, you can see all the options on the left hand side in process order to set up campaign, including reporting AppNexus has a very useful wikipage with setup instructions including visuals for a better understanding.,The reporting metrics when you generate from Advertiser vs the Network tab are different. As an example, I was working on optimizing a FaceBook campaign by the Fold, and the reporting under the Advertiser did not have "Fold Position" but Network reporting has. The UI changed since I last used, which was in December, therefore not familiar enough to give lots of negative feedback,7,As a positive impact, we were able to use AppNexus to run campaigns that we didn't have the inventory for. As a negative impact, the 2 facebook campaigns I have ran with AppNexus has CTR much below average and there wasn't able to optimize much other than optimizing toward bid ranges for the fold performing well.,,8
AppNexus

AppNexus Reviews

AppNexus
Filter 25 vetted AppNexus reviews and ratings
Kevin Yip profile photo
February 08, 2018

AppNexus Review: "The best Yield Management App"

• Yieldex's unique capability to report metrics by section and DMA
  • Yieldex's superior forecasting capability
  • Yieldex's powerful reporting platform -- it is like a pivot talbe of DFP reporting
  • Yieldex's capability to track Salesperson Performance
  • Better visualization and dashboard will make it a perfect product.
  • The product concept is hard to master. More video training in addition to the interactive training may help.
  • More report templates will make my life easier since it takes time to build one.
Yieldex is well suited when you want to analyze yield. Gone are the days when people asked me for new reports and I turned them away. I can always create a new report quickly. However, it does not generate nice looking charts for you. You still need to download the report and create charts yourself.
Read Kevin Yip's full review
Lakshman Sharma profile photo
April 29, 2015

"Pixel Pro Media Review on AppNexus"

• As per my experience they have strong support personnel. Solving the issues as and when required.
  • We can solve certain issues like campaign performance, inventory optimization and more with the help of AppNexus wiki. We get all the required information in the Wiki itself.
  • They have given the right platform to both buyers and sellers to workout and meet their digital marketing needs and goals.
  • Every organisation whether small, medium or big will always have room for improvement. So in the case of AppNexus I think they are already one of the top digital market leaders.
  • Their platform is user friendly so there is no particular feature that is hard to use unless we don't know how to use it.
  • There is a small time consuming process we are recently facing and that is when creating users for a particular publisher account. Previously we used to get the random system generated password when we click on get password button which is available below the username. Now AppNexus has recently introduced a system in which a link will be sent directly to publisher email id and the publishers are allowed to set their own password and it is agreed. But the problem here is we are seeing invalid token messages from lot of our publishers that is due to link expiry which was sent by the AppNexus. So we have to create a new user for the publishers and it is a somewhat time consuming process. AppNexus might aware of this and they might be working on this.
There is no doubt about the platform performance but one should know about their needs before selecting. AppNexus is well suited for all the digital players to fulfill their goals.
Read Lakshman Sharma's full review
April 29, 2016

Review: "Appnexus is good but it could get even better!!"

• Targeting geographically by cities and regions, it has better targeting capabilities compared to other DSPs.
  • More and various targeting contextual categories.
  • Budget pacing is really great and super accurate.
  • Customer Service - you don't have an account representative assigned to trading desks.
  • User interface is not easy - if you are new to the tool - it's not that easy to know how to set up everything.
  • There is no training or certification available for users.
It's well suited on certain types of campaigns - those who have specific inventory targeting or limited city targeting.
October 27, 2015

Review: "AppNexus, a great tool for Programmatic Marketers"

• I only have experience using the reporting function in AppNexus which worked very well. I cannot speak so much for their cloud based platform.
  • The report saving function on the UI always seemed to have issues. I would save my reports all of the time but they would not store. In order to get around this I had to re-open recently made reports and adjust parameters in there. Although this is not a huge setback, it was still an inconvenience especially with daily reporting needs.
Use only by programmatic marketers
November 18, 2014

User Review: "Thumbs up to AppNexus!"

AppNexus is used in two departments in our company: Media Solutions and RTB.

• The reporting is easy to use and download. The metrics are laid out in a way where you just pick and check the box of how you want your report generated.
  • The UI is very user friendly, it's easy to find advertisers and campaigns filtered by active and inactive
  • I like the features once you find an advertiser and click on it, you can see all the options on the left hand side in process order to set up campaign, including reporting
  • AppNexus has a very useful wikipage with setup instructions including visuals for a better understanding.
  • The reporting metrics when you generate from Advertiser vs the Network tab are different. As an example, I was working on optimizing a FaceBook campaign by the Fold, and the reporting under the Advertiser did not have "Fold Position" but Network reporting has.
  • The UI changed since I last used, which was in December, therefore not familiar enough to give lots of negative feedback
AppNexus is an easy to use platform once proper formal training is given with a wealth of inventory from display to facebook.
March 07, 2014

User Review: "RTB on AppNexus"

We use AppNexus as our RTB (real time bidding) platform for all display and some mobile products sold by our sales department. It is used across the organization to target advertising exchanges using behavioral, content, and/or demographic targeting. We aim to garner the highest number of clicks possible for each advertiser that we we work with, so we use a variety of bidding models and targeting techniques to get the ads in front of the advertisers' most relevant audience on the internet.
  • User friendly -- setting up campaigns in AppNexus is straight forward, and done linearly so it makes sense.
  • Shows a good snapshot of each campaign from a high level -- it is easy to see which bidding and targeting models are used within the lines of the campaign without digging in too deeply.
  • Easy to stay organized -- AppNexus allows users to stay organized by offering things like folders that can keep multiple flights for the same advertiser organized.
  • Access to a lot of inventory -- AppNexus gives users access to a lot of inventory and underdelivery is rarely an issue.
  • Reporting -- reporting is slow, and requires pulling a separate report for each topic.
  • Creative auditing -- creative auditing is inconsistent. Sometimes an ad that failed audit can be pushed through audit again and pass without any changes being made.
  • Searching for campaigns -- searching for campaigns is cumbersome and oftentimes needs to be done manually at the advertiser level (rather than using the search box that appears at all times)
AppNexus is generally well suited for the majority of display campaigns, and is more limited (at this time) for mobile. CPC campaigns for both display and mobile is typically limited. The platform is better suited for CPM campaigns.
March 01, 2014

Review: "AppNexus is the tool that you're missing"

AppNexus was used by my department for data aggregation. We dealt in Journals and it was of utmost importance to make sure that we kept everything clear and organized across the different journal subsets and AppNexus made that easy with it's many inventory options.
  • Inventory - Clear ways to define journals, dating methods and unique identifiers
  • Data is curated to make everything as useful as possible - you can see what makes people click and what doesn't
  • You can easily match IDs to see which pages were browsed, which were clicked and to figure out which ads the user has or has not seen
  • Data is only stored for a year, I'd like to see longer result storage
  • Sometimes it get confusing to find things based on the website organization
This is incredibly well suited to targeting audiences for scientific journals and making sure that users don't see repeat ads. We don't want to overload someone with the same thing and like to keep it all fresh and interesting while keeping our data relevant to ad exchanges and user click patterns.
March 01, 2014

AppNexus Review: "From Start to Finish, this is the Solution"

AppNexus is being used to buy inventory in the marketplace for clients to provide better strategies for them - it is used by our Trading Desk Department
  • Integrated with Peer39 to be able to customize startegies as needed (Retargeting, Content, Language, etc)
  • Build Domain Lists for clients to make sure they run where they are comfortable
  • If the data were real time that would make the system that much better
  • The delays in reporting are very inconvenient especially when trying to optimize campaigns using AppNexus data
The main question that I would ask - Am I using AppNexus data often (i.e daily) to help optimize my campaign. If so, that might be a problem as the data is available about every 4 hours which is reasonable, however, the outages and delays on reporting is quite often.
February 25, 2014

"AppNexus user Review"

System integration through the API in reporting statistics, inventory management, campaign management, and optimization. Used across our organization for various applications.
  • Inventory reach
  • Deeper reach to multiple exchange sources
  • FBX integration to strengthen capabilities
  • System downtime
  • Reporting delays
  • User-interface issues (bugs and design updates)
There are various business models and extensive ways that AppNexus may be suitable. For our platform, it's been beneficial to increase our reach to even more inventory. The optimization tools are valuable for expert users but may not be recommended for new users. Understanding a company's digital role in terms of service and value-add should be defined to select how this is beneficial.

Data Transfer (1)
DSP integration (2)
3.6
Ad campaign creation (2)
5.4
Ad deployment (1)
Display advertising (1)
Ad display and retargeting segmentation (1)
Sequence targeting (1)
Ad dashboards (3)
5.0
Ad performance reports (3)
5.0
Ad conversion tracking (2)
4.5
Ad attribution reporting (2)
4.5
Cross-channel ad management (2)
4.6
Ad forecasting and optimization (2)

About AppNexus