Stay tuned on data with TIBCO Businessworks!
Updated December 05, 2019

Stay tuned on data with TIBCO Businessworks!

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)

BusinessWorks is being used across the whole organization. It is being used to help us seamlessly integrate whatever data sources and to build web services.
  • Access to real-time data across different environments.
  • No need to know a specific language code.
  • Expose multiple business processes as web methods under one service.
  • Manage JDBC.
  • Global Variables.
  • SOAP over HTTP.
  • Expensive
  • Stability
  • SOAP service
  • Data integration
I selected TIBCO Businessworks because I have to manage old corporate integrations flows made with this tool.
  • Product Reputation
  • Vendor Reputation
  • Existing Relationship with the Vendor
  • Third-party Reviews
  • Online training
  • in-person training
The impact of Businewworks training was very good and it gave me some abilities to use this tool. Working with it, I'm improving these abilities.
BusinessWorks is well suited to integrate different data sources and exposing web services. Using a SOAP binding, a web service WSDL operation queries for information from a data source.

TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Feature Ratings

Pre-built connectors
Support for real-time and batch integration
Monitoring console

Evaluating TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) and Competitors

TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe) Training

Before using TIBCO Businessworks, I participated an official training with a specialized instructor. In this training, I learned what I needed to know to build some applications or web services and how to manage its. It was been very important to me. I understood many technical stuff to familiarize with this powerful platform. I can advice TIBCO Educational Services.
It is not so easy to learn by oneself, after a training you could start to understand some stuff that initially may seem incomprehensible. Working day by day with it you could take more confidence in some its aspects and features and hopefully you could become an expert on it.

Using TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)

I ofen use TIBCO BusinessWorks to create some web services, in particular SOAP, to retrieve and feed data from / in different database. Also with it, I can integrate some messages bus, like EMS or Rendez-vous, and I can quickly and easily exchange messages containing that data manipulated with other system. TIBCO Businessworks is very useful for this scope and so I think deserve this rating.
ProsCons
Like to use
Well integrated
Consistent
Unnecessarily complex
Lots to learn
  • BusinessWorks manages heterogeneous data sources and the users can manipulate them how they wants.
  • BusinessWorks users can create WebServices(SOAP and REST) in few minutes
  • BusinessWorks gives to users l'oppotunity to make applications without know a particular programming languages
  • Migration from 5.x version to 6.x is not recommended
  • IDE is not so easy to use. To start, someone has to give you some tips to use it.