Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Data Virtualization
We have been involved with reselling and implementing TIBCO Data Virtualization since 2014, when it was still owned by Cisco. Since November 2017 we have been reselling and implementing TIBCO Data Virtualization under the new TIBCO partnership. Numerous organizations, all with challenges around data management and analytics (complex data engineering, replication of data getting out of control, compliance and regulations that cannot be met anymore and long time-to-market for Analytical solutions as data is not easy to find, integrate, enrich and use), selected TIBCO Data Virtualization to make any data available, in a secure, fast and flexible way, for analytics. While leveraging the existing data solutions like data warehouses, data lakes and data services. The virtual layers approach makes it very easy to make any data available in any form or structure that is needed. The API-interface makes it possible to integrate TIBCO Data Virtualization in an existing data architecture.
- Rich data connectivity and intelligent analysis to discover explicit and implicit relations between data in various sources.
- Intelligent and rich query optimization algorithms to minimize pressure on source systems and make use of the performance enhancements capabilities of the source systems.
- There is one version of the TDV- tool that holds all functionality. No additional licenses needed, everything is included.
- MPP-functionality (TDV 8.0.0) makes automatic query distribution over large (big data) clusters possible and guarantees very high performance with querying 100's of millions of rows.
- The TDV Studio application combines the use of ANSI-SQL (you can script for more complex tasks) with a graphical user interface for modeling the data layers, both supporting fast development of data and web services. TDV Server is a complete package with all the enterprise grade functionality an organization may need.
- We would love to see an upgrade of the general look-and-feel of the user interface.
- In general, our customers are able to integrate real-time data sources with other sources out-of-the-box, create data and web services leveraging multiple complex data sources for analytical use much faster and be 100% transparant about virtual data engineering from source to end user.
TIBCO Data Virtualization is very well suited for scenarios in which various data sources, on-premise or in the cloud, should be accessible, integrated and published for use by analytical users or other applications. It is not a replacement for the data warehouse, nor is it an MDM-tool or data lifecycle management solution on its own.