Overall Satisfaction with Tumblr
Since Tumblr is capable of supporting so many functions, it's a useful tool within a group of people to ensure that we are all "on the same page" regarding issues at hand. The support of blogs and samples/examples of product categories is a great feature for people who think visually.
- The ability to follow blogs that deal with very specific topics and POV is very useful, as they are generally well written and highly on point.
- Being able to use a visual example within a "digital community" to say "is this what you mean?" is priceless.
- When a team is "word smithing" something, such as a mission statement, using examples from Tumblr is very effective.
- The search function could be more robust and detailed.
- I personally like the randomized visual layout of examples, but some team members found it to be annoying.
- The "recommended for you" feature rarely makes a lot of sense to me...
- Saves time and effort by not wasting efforts on untenable issues.
- Helps creative thinkers get to the point rapidly.
- Brings multiple approaches/ideas to the virtual table.
Preparing for a creative meeting makes Tumblr a very helpful tool to ensure that participants are ready to work on the same task. Being able to contribute in advance saves folks a lot of time agreeing on "look and feel" issues, and allows greater productivity with in a team of like-minded professionals.