Adobe acquired Omniture in 2009 and re-branded the platform as SiteCatalyst. It is now part of Adobe Marketing Cloud along with other products such as social marketing, test and targeting, and tag management. SiteCatalyst is one of the leading vendors in the web analytics category and is particularly strong in combining web analytics with other digital marketing capabilities like audience management and data management. Adobe Analytics also includes predictive marketing capabilities that help users find trends in customer behavior patterns leading up to conversion. According to the vendor, these insights can help predict which campaigns will be most successful.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yp/X4/UO2UCI37TC30.PNGAdobe Analytics: An Expensive Version of Google AnalyticsAs a small business owner (I am a full-time freelance photographer) whose leads are mostly generated by being found online, I wanted to be able to analyze my web data, since web presence is very important to the growth of my business. I first used Google Analytics and then moved on to Adobe Analytics after several recommendations. It has been a great help in monitoring traffic, but it does come at a cost since Adobe Analytics is not free.,Adobe Analytics is very visually pleasing and user-friendly; my favorite thing is the simple drag and drop feature that makes the workspace flexible and clean. Reports are easy to read with the help of graphics; another reason why Adobe Analytics is visually appealing. Customer support; while it is sometimes slow to receive help, at least customer support exists, compared to Google Analytics.,I mentioned customer support before as being a 'pro' because it exists, but it is also an area where Adobe Analytics could improve. Support is often slow to respond to inquiries. Adobe Analytics can become very expensive, though this is dependent on your usage. Adobe Analytics is not for beginners. It has a steep learning curve, so if you are a beginner, make sure to get the most out of your money and understand how to use the platform.,6,Having a system to analyze my web data is one of the key components to growing my business since most of my leads are generated online. I now have a much greater understanding of how my website operates in terms of traffic and where I can improve to have a better web presence. Adobe Analytics has also helped me understand the results of online campaigns I've implemented for my business, which has been extremely important as I depend more and more on advertising campaigns.,Google Analytics,Google Analytics, Adobe Illustrator CCAdobe Analytics is powerful for large enterprisesAdobe Analytics is leveraged by my clients as a web analytics tool for eCommerce and content websites. It is used across departments and mined for insights by my analytics team and the client's analytics team.,The Workspace features are helpful to save common reports and provide a flexible reporting environ ment. Adobe Analytics has become much faster than it used to be, making reporting less time intensive, allowing more time to focus on analysis. With the predominance of tag managers, Adobe Analytics has become easier to implement.,The tagging complexity is still very advanced, and not fully leveraged by most businesses. Adobe Analytics implementation costs more than competitors like GA, meaning there is more planning and resources required for launches with Adobe Analytics.,7,Adobe Analytics is a great tool to leverage as Agency or Consultant partners to glean valuable insights to be better business partners. Performance reporting can help show positive ROI from work with clients.,Google Analytics and Google Analytics Premium,Google Analytics, Google Analytics PremiumDeep Insights and Business Intelligence with a Learning Curve"Great user interface and all in one analytics solution for all of your digital platforms"What do you like best?Can combine various digital platforms in just one view. I use this tool to generate reports and analysis on all of our domains. Very appealing visuals and switching between trended view and ranked view. Very flexible data filters. I was really surprised by the speed with which it pulls historical data. With this tool, you have almost any slice of digital data on your fingertips (hugely depends on your IT's implementation).What do you dislike?No proper governance on all the dashboards, users creates dozens of dashboards and leave it on the server with 100s of versions. Overall implementation is cumbersome and time-consuming. Needs proper tagging on all of your platforms as well as all hits and instances.Recommendations to others considering the productMake sure you have solid tagging implementation, Adobe's DTM tool is a robust solution which can manage all tags at one place.What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?We generate sales reports and use this platform for source traffic reporting search terms optimizations, campaign AB testing. We analyze overall site performance for various IT implementation on user enhancements.,Can combine various digital platforms in just one view. The speed with which it pulls historical data. Very appealing visuals and switching between trended view and ranked view.,No proper governance on all the dashboards, users creates dozens of dashboards and leave it on the server with 100s of versions. Overall implementation is cumbersome and time-consuming. Need proper tagging on all of your platforms as well as all hits and instances.,7,The ability to segment, classify data coming from different sources for making decisions that are not driven by just your marketing intuition but concrete insights. I can aggregated statistics on an almost endless number of variables while still being able to dive deep and isolate individual pieces of content that may or may not be helping the webpage's overall statistics.,Actian Analytics Platform,Amazon Cloud Drive, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards, DeemTrue, enterprise-caliber analyticsWe used Adobe Analytics to deepen the level of understanding we had about our digital traffic and online presence. We've used the platform to gain insight into our customer's journey, and how our content supports that experience from first touch through to conversion. We also leverage the platform to do deeper analyses based on segmentation of our data by various technographics.,Even when working with large datasets and running complex segmentations, the platform is responsive and generates results quickly The interface is intuitive (for the most part), and allows for users to quickly identify how to get to whatever data point they are looking to analyze The dashboards aren't overly complicated to create, and present the data in a visually appealing way,Implementation is time-consuming and can be expensive The platform requires work to maintain, and definitely requires more resources to run vs. some of their competitors Training is expensive, and it's often difficult to find team members with previous experience with this tool in the job market,7,We are not at a point where I can say that this tool has generated a positive ROI -- some of the value will be realized once we've built up the dataset that we are leveraging and use that to guide future decisions, so I'd like to reserve judgement on the question of ROI at this point.,Google Analytics and Heap,Heap, Google Analytics, Pardot, CallRail, draw.ioAdobe Analytics ReviewAdobe Analytics is used by almost everyone on my team on a daily basis. We work with many clients who use AA as their primary reporting source, and we both consult with them on best practices on how to use the tool, as well as execute our own analysis within the tool.,Integrates extremely well with Adobe Target. Clean interface with excellent usability, without sacrificing features (although this mainly applies to the Discover platform in my opinion, which is being sunset pretty soon). Easily the most robust reporting tool I have used personally.,In my opinion, the largest con will be stopping support and functionality for Discover (aka Ad Hoc Analysis). Ad Hoc is DRASTICALLY better than what we will be forced into moved towards (Workspace) in just about every aspect. It's cleaner, clearer, smoother, etc. Workspace will be the new norm shortly, but it's extremely clunky and can be much slower due to its webpage interface (as opposed to Discover's app interface). The technical support from Adobe is less than stellar; while the tools themselves are near the top of the list, in our experience, Adobe's help and support is easily dead last. They are rarely punctual, knowledgeable, or particularly helpful, and often try to place the blame on the customer (e.g. your implementation is out of date), without providing assistance to help remedy.,9,I would say the biggest plus Adobe Analytics has had on overall business objectives is being the most robust tool out there that we have used, which allows us to gather deeper insights for our clients, driving home more ROI. I would also say the biggest downside to using Adobe Analytics is how frequently the tool will have issues and/or be under maintenance. Additionally, as stated previously, Adobe's support is pretty horrendous in times such as these.,Google Analytics, Amplitude Analytics, Optimizely and Adobe Target,Optimizely, Adobe Target, Google Analytics
Adobe Analytics

Adobe Analytics Reviews

Adobe Analytics
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 428 vetted Adobe Analytics reviews and ratings

Liz Wade profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "Adobe Analytics: An Expensive Version of Google Analytics"

• Adobe Analytics is very visually pleasing and user-friendly; my favorite thing is the simple drag and drop feature that makes the workspace flexible and clean.
  • Reports are easy to read with the help of graphics; another reason why Adobe Analytics is visually appealing.
  • Customer support; while it is sometimes slow to receive help, at least customer support exists, compared to Google Analytics.
  • I mentioned customer support before as being a 'pro' because it exists, but it is also an area where Adobe Analytics could improve. Support is often slow to respond to inquiries.
  • Adobe Analytics can become very expensive, though this is dependent on your usage.
  • Adobe Analytics is not for beginners. It has a steep learning curve, so if you are a beginner, make sure to get the most out of your money and understand how to use the platform.
I think Adobe Analytics is well suited for small or large businesses with the brain power to understand how the platform works and then use it to its full extent. It is a powerful platform that can become costly. I would not recommend AA to people who are beginners or have a limited budget for analytics.
Read Liz Wade's full review
Rigel Cable profile photo
January 11, 2019

Review: "Adobe Analytics is powerful for large enterprises"

• The Workspace features are helpful to save common reports and provide a flexible reporting environ
  • ment.
  • Adobe Analytics has become much faster than it used to be, making reporting less time intensive, allowing more time to focus on analysis.
  • With the predominance of tag managers, Adobe Analytics has become easier to implement.
  • The tagging complexity is still very advanced, and not fully leveraged by most businesses.
  • Adobe Analytics implementation costs more than competitors like GA, meaning there is more planning and resources required for launches with Adobe Analytics.
Adobe Analytics is best suited for major enterprises, especially those with complex system integrations or disparate conversion reporting metrics. It's a powerful tool for advance analytics reporting.
Read Rigel Cable's full review
January 04, 2019

Adobe Analytics Review: "Deep Insights and Business Intelligence with a Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

• Can combine various digital platforms in just one view.
  • The speed with which it pulls historical data.
  • Very appealing visuals and switching between trended view and ranked view.
  • No proper governance on all the dashboards, users creates dozens of dashboards and leave it on the server with 100s of versions.
  • Overall implementation is cumbersome and time-consuming.
  • Need proper tagging on all of your platforms as well as all hits and instances.
January 08, 2019

Adobe Analytics Review: "True, enterprise-caliber analytics"

• Even when working with large datasets and running complex segmentations, the platform is responsive and generates results quickly
  • The interface is intuitive (for the most part), and allows for users to quickly identify how to get to whatever data point they are looking to analyze
  • The dashboards aren't overly complicated to create, and present the data in a visually appealing way
  • Implementation is time-consuming and can be expensive
  • The platform requires work to maintain, and definitely requires more resources to run vs. some of their competitors
  • Training is expensive, and it's often difficult to find team members with previous experience with this tool in the job market
Adobe Analytics is well-suited to enterprise organizations that have an existing, deep set of data that they want to augment with a deep level of web-focused analytics and data points. While analytics is mission-critical to every organization today, this tool is well suited for organizations that are willing to invest financial and human resources into building our their analytics strategy. With that in mind, I'd suggest that organizations ensure they are maximizing some of the more cost-effective tools that are available (Google Analytics, Snowplow, etc) before taking the plunge to onboard a platform like this.
January 04, 2019

"Adobe Analytics Review"

• Integrates extremely well with Adobe Target.
  • Clean interface with excellent usability, without sacrificing features (although this mainly applies to the Discover platform in my opinion, which is being sunset pretty soon).
  • Easily the most robust reporting tool I have used personally.
  • In my opinion, the largest con will be stopping support and functionality for Discover (aka Ad Hoc Analysis).
  • Ad Hoc is DRASTICALLY better than what we will be forced into moved towards (Workspace) in just about every aspect. It's cleaner, clearer, smoother, etc. Workspace will be the new norm shortly, but it's extremely clunky and can be much slower due to its webpage interface (as opposed to Discover's app interface).
  • The technical support from Adobe is less than stellar; while the tools themselves are near the top of the list, in our experience, Adobe's help and support is easily dead last. They are rarely punctual, knowledgeable, or particularly helpful, and often try to place the blame on the customer (e.g. your implementation is out of date), without providing assistance to help remedy.
I think Adobe Analytics is a no-brainer IF you utilize Adobe Target as your testing tool. While I would typically still advocate this for other testing tools, this needs to be discussed on a case-by-case basis to determine what makes the most sense for each testing tool, and each company.
December 19, 2018

Adobe Analytics Review: "Track Your Users and Know Where the Opportunities Are"

The marketing team uses Adobe Analytics to track usage of our website and to learn about user behavior. Though the marketing team "owns" the tool and is the primary hands-on user, the data that comes from the tool is frequently shared with other departments, including the executive team, product team and merchandising team. This allows us all to have a common source of truth for questions related to user activity on the website.
  • What pages are most often viewed by users
  • What paths users take when finding specific types of content
  • What devices users are using to access our website
  • Though the tool is very powerful, it can also be quite complex, making it hard to find what you are looking for.
  • It is difficult to sync data from external sources if the data fields do not map natively.
  • The data is there, but it is not always easily to visualize the data in a way that makes sense to non-marketers without taking the data out of the tool and doing that part in another tool.
Adobe Analytics is very useful for an ecommerce company to track popular products or even to view what educational pages are viewed on a website. For a lead generation company, it may be hard to track a single user throughout their journey and visualize how their online activity connects with actions taken offline, like over the phone with a sales representative or through online chat.
December 19, 2018

Review: "Adobe Analytics Knocks It Out Of The Park"

Adobe analytics was a game changer used to replace Google Analytics. This platform is incredible because it gives you all the bells and whistles that your higher tech customers are asking for, and the details needed for your internal users to not just do their jobs but do their jobs well. This helped us solve the issue of under-performing on analytic data.
  • Output - The dashboards are gorgeous and easy to understand.
  • Analytic Tracking - The areas you want to target can be big picture or incredibly minute depending on what you want to track.
  • Ramp Up - The end user can quickly be on-boarded to this tool because of the ease of use.
  • Cost - You are paying an arm and a leg for this platform.
  • Dashboard Editing - There are small ways you can edit the dashboard, but I wish the end user had more control.
  • Live update sharing - I wish there was a client portal that could be set up so my team didn't have to manually pull the data for them and the customer could just log in. This may be a thing, but I haven't stumbled onto it.
A customer continued to ask for tracking measures that Google Analytics couldn't implement on a micro-tracking basis. We implemented Adobe Analytics and were suddenly able to answer the customer's request. The customer was happy and gave us more of their work which in turn gave us more money to invest in the software add-ons.
November 28, 2018

Review: "Adobe Analytics - Reliable Enterprise Solution"

We use Adobe Analytics to measure key website metrics. Insights from the metrics are shared across the company including marketing, finance and strategy. We are able to identify which channels and campaigns are more effective than others. Also we run multiple A/B tests on form designs and locations to optimize the website performance.
  • We setup very specific segments to figure out which customer segments are responding better for specific campaigns.
  • Adobe Analytics can track customers across multiple sites using customer IDs, which are very useful.
  • Its data visualization capacity is very strong.
  • There is no built-in bot traffic filtering functionality so we had to manually build a segment for that.
  • It would be nice if there is a dynamic alert for an unusual data patterns
Adobe Analytics is a wonderful site analytics solution for large enterprises with reliable tag management resource. If the tags are not well managed it would provide very little value. It would be good for companies with multiple websites to track and manage.
December 21, 2018

Review: "Adobe Analytics is well suited for big organization"

I use Adobe Analytics myself and several analysts use it too. Mostly for their web analytics. It allows us to track website traffics and monitor web statistics.
  • The user interface is very easy to use and train others.
  • Widely used, easy to get support from peer analysts
  • I am used to the page tagging function, it's better than competitors
  • Gets to attend annual meeting hosted by Adobe
  • Not as friendly as Google Analytics, incompatibility with Google products
  • Beginning set up is labor intensive and costly
Adobe Analytics is well suited for mid to large organizations because it is labor intensive to set up in the beginning.
Nathan Collins profile photo
April 05, 2018

Review: "Adobe Analytics is Sustainable, But Could be Better"

We use Adobe Analytics as the holy grail for our web statistics. It is used throughout the company and each of our publications. As the media industry transitions to digital platforms, it is imperative for us to get the most out our web analytics. Everything from our paywall to our print media decisions is based on information we derive from Adobe Analytics.
  • Adobe Analytics is a popular tool and seamless connections to popular analytic tools such as Microsoft Power BI.
  • Adobe Analytics internal reporting tool is top notch.
  • Adobe Analytics has always provided us really strong customer support.
  • Adobe Analytics charges for conveniences that are stationary in other tools such as bitstream data.
  • Adobe Analytics UI is not very friendly.
  • Exporting data for multiple setups is cumbersome and can't be rolled up without additional addons.
Adobe Analytics is great for customizing once you get used to the bogged down UI and the unhelpful location of items. we've used it to mimic paywall systems of costly companies. We have base reports set up to manage our paywalls set up in Adobe and they work great. But getting at the minute data is where the issue comes in and the add-ons are needed.
Read Nathan Collins's full review
Spencer Baselice profile photo
November 09, 2017

Review: "Adobe Analytics Offers Insight into Growth, Comparable to Google Analytics"

Adobe Analytics is used across our entire organization to track multiple conversions and goals from basic visits to downloads and cart additions. The product is used to find pages that are under-performing in terms of organic search, and to improve these pages and increase lead generation. The charts and data from Report Builder are often used in reports to senior leadership, marketing professionals, and upper management for overviews and drill-downs into specific products and sections of the site.
  • Trended reporting shows growth and declines for pages, site sections, and specific marketing channels.
  • Customized channels, tracking and insights for multiple aspects of digital marketing efforts.
  • Report Builder allows access to larger sets of data imported directly into excel for easier and faster data manipulation.
  • Segmentation to report on sections of interest and create more detailed, accurate reports.
  • Page reporting is difficult, Adobe needs a more robust way to handle duplicated pages in reporting.
  • Dash-boarding has improved but this could be easier to manipulate.
  • Data into the platform can be skewed by site redirects and other aspects of your typical website, some form of data validation would be nice as there are some cases where data is clearly inaccurate.
Adobe is well suited for graphical representations of growth and declines in specific areas of your web property. It also allows for customization to meet your specific needs. Segmentation and channels allow accurate tracking of which areas of your site perform the best. Report Builder and Data Warehouse are ideal for managing larger data sets and integrations with other platforms. However, data can be impacted by site implementation, and getting page-level data is difficult. A more robust search feature and a way to handle multiple pages or page-groupings of identical content hosting on different URLs is needed.
Read Spencer Baselice's full review
February 09, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Analytics"

It's being used to track a variety of conversions from all channels on all available landing pages (thousands), to create reports including specific channels, comparing results and analyzing the performance. Besides that, it's a really helpful platform for creating audience segments and creating audience lists for the use of cross channel targeting.
  • It gives very detailed information on what type of users have been visiting any page
  • Audience segments can easily be implemented into AdWords, Facebook or DBM for the purposes of retargeting
  • The dashboards and reports are easy to setup and give a lot of insights
  • The integration between Adobe Analytics and AdWords is not clearly explained and conversions tracked with Adobe can't be shown in AdWords
  • There is no traffic or cost data in adobe analytics, but only actions made on the webpages
It's well suited when targeting more specific kind of users in order to drive the most relevant performance. Besides that, it provides an easy access to all conversions coming from different channels, as well as what channels have been part of the user journey. It's less appropriate for campaign management and cost allocation.
July 25, 2017

"Adobe Analytics Review"

Adobe Analytics is being used by my organization to track analytics. It addresses the business problem of being able to track how many users are visiting different sections of the website. Even though the whole organization has access to it, not everyone in the organization knows how to use it and how to look up the statistics.
  • Allows you to customize different properties that you want to track
  • Allows you to set up custom reports to track different data usage
  • Allows you to look at different traffic sources that your users are coming from
  • Not the best user experience on the website
  • When you set a specific time period on the calendar, it will randomly reset itself
  • Sharing campaigns via email is difficult to implement
Adobe Analytics is great if you want to truly customize a report. It is not great in that the user experience is bad. What I mean by this is that when visiting Adobe Analytics on the web, it is not always intuitive how to work it. Employees usually must be trained in order to properly use it.
Albert Ihm profile photo
February 22, 2016

Adobe Analytics Review: "Basic usage can still drive major business results!"

My organization uses Adobe Analytics (AA) as a tool to analyze how our customers are using our servicing website which helps us to identify where we need to improve. We spot trends in usage such as mobile device vs. desktop that help us prioritize what digital products/features should be worked on. AA allows us to see where customers fall out during their website experience so that experiences can be streamlined in the future. The tool is used by analysts and product managers working in the digital-focused teams. The tool fills a gap in our traditional analysis toolset because it is specialized for website analytics.
  • Next Page Flow reports provide a quick and easy way to see what path customers are taking on the website.
  • The flexibility that creating segments gives the user for analysis purposes is great. A lot of insights can be generated when different segments are compared.
  • The web interface allows for users to quickly pick up on how to use Adobe Analytics, which is a huge advantage over just pointing people to where the raw data can be found since middle management and executives shouldn't be spending time coding and trying to get the data into a visually useful format.
  • Because it is a web interface, sometimes it's just slow. This could be on the user's side, or on Adobe's side, but it does get annoying when reports or dashboards take a long time to load.
  • A lot of the things I use AA for I learned myself as it was pretty intuitive, but there are many other features that I didn't really understand what they were for or how to utilize them.
Adobe Analytics is well-suited for quick analysis of our website/mobile app especially at a summarized level. Where we start using other tools is when we have to get really granular, such as at a single customer level, though this is partly a product of how our pages are tagged.
Read Albert Ihm's full review
Natasha Watts profile photo
February 19, 2016

User Review: "Adobe Analytics for the win"

Adobe Analytics is being used across the whole organization. Depending on the goals of the department, Adobe Analytics can be used in multiple ways for our organization. E-Commerce uses AA every day to measure ROI of tracked elements, pin point website issues, and track user engagement. E-Commerce also integrated AA with Optimizely to use custom segments and metrics for a better in depth review of A/B tests.
  • Easy to create segments and apply them instantly to reporting
  • Easy to use out of the box metrics and to create custom metrics
  • Beautiful UI that allows the user easy access to reporting and dashboards
  • Undo button - You wouldn't believe how many times I accidentally do something and "look" for an undo button!
  • We use Ad Hoc in addition to Omniture (due to limited user seats in Ad Hoc). I enjoy working in Ad Hoc more because of the "instant" reporting from dragging and dropping Segments, Metrics and Dimensions. Other business owners who use Omniture and find it difficult to use compared to Ad Hoc.
I've found multiple scenarios where Adobe Analytics (AA) is well suited. For example, the integration of AA with Optimizely. Instead of limiting our A/B test evaluation with the pre-set Optimizely metrics, I can use a checkbox within Optimizely Options to set an eVar that will integrate almost seamlessly. Within a few hours, I can collect data such as Orders (Participation), Profit (Participation) and Time Spent on Page (examples), which provides a more in-depth analysis of how successful one variation is compared to another.
Read Natasha Watts's full review
Thais Guimaraes, OMCP profile photo
February 11, 2016

Adobe Analytics Review: "Best Analytics solution in the market"

Adobe Analytics is a global tool at Citibank, it is used worlwide to measure traffic and conversions on all our websites and campaigns, including marketing and internet banking pages, as well as mobile apps.

We use Adobe Analytics for several marketing and business tasks, such as to track if any drastic changes in traffic and conversions have happened on the site, how well our campaigns are doing, what are the fallout rates for our main products and transactions and for insights on why people may be having difficulties on the site. We also use analytics data in order to target customers and prospects with relevant content using Adobe Target.
  • Custom implementation, which is not something you can easily get with Google Analytics, at least not the free version.
  • Ease to build custom reports, you just pick your metrics from any report and voil√†.
  • Segments and metric breakdowns.
  • The navigation, especially the left nav, has always been confusing, especially for new users. It has improved A LOT over the last few years, but there's still lots of room for improvement.
  • The charts are never good, it's really hard to get an out-of-the-box chart on Analytics that actually makes sense.
  • Account switching through marketing cloud is still a little buggy sometimes.
Adobe Analytics is well suited for large companies. Small businesses would definitely not benefit from it because it's expensive and most small business most likely don't need the complexity of implementation and customization effort that comes with the solution.

However, companies with many employees and different needs of user roles; companies with several sites; apps and managing different countries, companies with very complex sites and need of data will definitely find value on Adobe Analytics because it is an enterprise worthy solution.
Read Thais Guimaraes, OMCP's full review
Brandon Adawi profile photo
April 27, 2016

Adobe Analytics Review: "Track your viewers. Divide your demographics."

I used Adobe Analytics to monitor and improve my website. It allowed me to look at how users entered my website, navigation through pages and when they left the website. It gave me easy access to demographic information on the users in real-time. The automation within the service gave me the power to release content on a time schedule that improved views.
  • Real-time web analytics that allow you to see the direction campaigns are going.
  • Advanced segmentation or the division of demographics viewing your website.
  • Predicting certain moves that if you take will either increase or decrease views.
  • For some reason there was a difficult learning curve with Adobe Analytics. I think the UI could be improved to make it easier to learn.
  • The social aspect tries to be all encompassing when every social media or form of online communication requires a different approach. What works on one platform will not work well on another. The hub for "social" needs to recommend better approaches to individualized social campaigns.
  • The various products that Adobe offers is confusing. There is so much overlap. It seems that they have to work together to accomplish one goal and are not stand-alone.
The pathways tab on Adobe Analytics was particularly useful in determining how my website was being used. It showed me what content was getting clicked on and what navigation through the site my visitors were taking. It helped me to reorganize the layout of my website so that users got what I wanted them to get to right away. I would say it's not as good at the overall health your business as it is targeted at getting you an optimized website.
Read Brandon Adawi's full review
Chris McCue profile photo
November 17, 2015

Adobe Analytics Review: "Overall an expandable analytics suite that is great for whatever you need to do"

Adobe Analytics was being used across a client site I worked on for various tracking purposes, which provided details on how many people accessed certain pages, how they accessed the pages, etc.
  • Once you learn how Adobe Analytics looks and is implemented on the page, it's fairly easy to spot issues with it that can be fixed. This is a strength in that it doesn't take a largely technical person to call out any issues during implementation.
  • Adobe Analytics is good with adding tracking to the page and providing strong and accurate analytics data for analysis.
  • There are numerous online tools to help with checking Adobe Analytics data for verification on a site. Firefox plugins such as Firebug, Omnibug, as well as any proxy debugger such as Fiddler and many others can be used.
  • It can take some time for someone to get comfortable with knowing what to look for when validating proper Adobe Analytics tags. I'm not sure if this is something that can be improved upon, it's just something that I have noticed can take some time when somebody is first learning how to check the tags.
  • Issues I find with implementation appear to be due to improperly inputting variables inside greater than and less than signs (<>). This may be more on the implementation side of things, but perhaps there is something that Adobe Analytics can do with alerting a developer that a variable is not receiving any values.
  • One big limitation with Adobe Analytics for me has been not being able to sort between different iPhone devices and iOS operating system versions. This is data that I always look for to see which users are accessing a site, but unfortunately Adobe Analytics doesn't appear to be able to filter this.
Overall it is a strong analytics tool and appears that it can do a good job for most scenarios. Cost is a factor, as it is a considerable investment.
Read Chris McCue's full review
Katy Norris profile photo
February 29, 2016

Review: "The DL on Adobe Analytics from a publisher's perspective"

We use Adobe Analytics for our editorial website, TakePart.com to measure and optimize traffic and conversions (page views, petition signatures, newsletter signups, social shares).
  • Their calculated metric builder allows you to incorporate segments, which is extremely powerful.
  • The ability to set custom metrics for each report.
  • Robust and automated report scheduling.
  • Can include reportlets with different time periods into one dashboard (aka can set them at the reportlet level not dashboard level.)
  • Tricky usability. You really have to spend time in it before you can use it effectively.
  • Props vs. evars make sense to analysts and power users but are complicated to explain to everyday users.
  • The fact that you can't use "Time on Site" and conversion metrics in the same report makes life difficult (for time on site you must use the prop version of the variable and for conversion metrics, you must use the evar). This is a huge problem for editorial websites where 'time on site' IS a conversion metric. This is a major advantage of GoogleAnalytics over Adobe Analytics for publishers and a constant pain point for me.
Adobe Analytics is better suited for e-commerce vs. publishing due to the issues I mentioned. However, it is extremely robust and customizable if you have a lot of custom metrics and evars you need tracked.
Read Katy Norris's full review
Robert Williams profile photo
February 19, 2016

Adobe Analytics: "You Should Probably Read this Review"

We use Adobe analytics across the whole organization. We have a dedicated analytics department that works with individual brands on understanding their data, but everyone has the ability to view their brand's information on their own. The analytics team uses the software to perform both routine and ad hoc analysis of on our brands as requests come in. Routine analysis consists of weekly and monthly reporting. Ad hoc analysis may come in the form of more esoteric questions like, "What is the lifespan of a piece of content as measured by unique visitor engagement?"
  • Analysis Workspace - The ability to manipulate any out-of-the-box report to suit your needs.
  • Report Builder - The ability to pull data from your report suites and send them to an Excel file.
  • Custom Variables - The ability to send string/numerical data that fits your needs. Allows for more custom tracking.
  • It would be nice to have video explanations for what changes are made during the software updates, and why they were made.
  • The Date Range Comparison tool can look extremely cluttered if you use more than one metric.
  • It would be nice to know the exact number of line items there are in a report without having the go to the last paginated page.
I think Adobe Analytics is the best tool in the industry right now if you can afford it. It's a well-rounded analytics platform that provides so much customization. It's also very visually tasteful in comparison to other analytics platforms out there. In the case of video analytics, it may make sense to go with a dedicated service like Ooyala or Daily Motion. But in a vacuum, this is the best platform out there by far.
Read Robert Williams's full review
Alison Smith profile photo
February 08, 2016

Adobe Analytics Review: "It's not new, but it's still the best"

Adobe Analytics is used throughout the Arcadia group to provide reporting and ad hoc analysis in support of all areas of the digital business including trading, marketing and creative and content. Regular reports, often served via ReportBuilder, track conversion rates for the purchase funnel, performance of different trading departments and marketing channels. Ad hoc reports provide more detail and are used to answer specific questions.
  • Segmentation, within the reporting tool, is very flexible and easy to understand. So even if you have not set a variable correctly (e.g. set a prop instead of an eVar) you can use segments to provide the required analysis.
  • Documentation is excellent, enabling self-learning. Track down the full implementation PDF and you will learn pretty much everything you'll ever need.
  • Dashboards, favourited reports, ReportBuilder and bookmarks make it easy to provide reports directly to management and novice users.
  • Admin area provides total control of access right down to individual reports.
  • Like most analytics solutions, it relies on cookies to uniquely identify visitors, which is less and less reliable with the increasing number of devices used by visitors and the combination of websites, mobile sites and apps. "Visitor stitching" is available but this can only join activity if the visitor signs in on each device/app, so there is always a risk of misinterpretation if users don't understand these limitations.
  • Unless you are willing to pay a hefty fee, there is no ability to reprocess historic data. So if bad data is captured or imported you are stuck with it. This happens more often than you might think!
  • Although documentation is very good, it can be hard to locate the specific item you need. Similarly, the support team are very good but more complex issues can sometimes take a while to find their way past the first-line support to the experts.
  • New features are released fairly frequently but Adobe will never be as responsive as smaller more agile companies, so it often feels like they're playing catchup with the rest of the industry. I'd like to say that it's worth the wait, but the truth is that there are often annoying bugs introduced with new releases which cause disruption and can take several days to be fixed.
  • There's no way to flag points in time, across all reports, eg to flag peak days or times when the tracking was badly broken. Therefore reports can be misinterpreted unless there is close management or some external log of dates and events for cross-reference.
Adobe Analytics is only available as an on-demand service (SaaS) so many financial companies, who have strict security requirements, prefer in-house solutions. It is most useful where you have a combination of self-serving users with relatively basic knowledge plus one or two experts who can manage the setup and configuration, clarify interpretation of reports and provide more detailed, deep-dive analyses. Billing is per million server calls, so costs increase if you need to track a lot of user interactions/events e.g. tracking every few frames of a video and this may be a consideration in vendor choice. Certainly the costs make it prohibitive for most smaller companies, so it is mostly used by corporates. Beyond that, I don't believe it has any limitations compared to other analysis tools and it is generally considered to be the front runner of all the major analytics tools.
Read Alison Smith's full review
Drew Bartlett profile photo
February 08, 2016

Adobe Analytics Review: "Robust analytics platform is key to data driven decision making - Adobe's Analytics (Omniture) is one of the best"

Within Olive Software's products, Adobe Analytics (previously known as Omniture) is a popular integration option. Olive provides a publishing platform and analytics overall are a critical element. Most of our larger enterprise level publishers opt to have us implement the Adobe Analytics option (smaller publishers often opt for Google Analytics because it's free and is the default we provide). Adobe Analytics is a very powerful and highly customizable solution that provides site owners myriad options... this is both a blessing and a curse. It is so robust that you have to have a fairly strong understanding of both the technology and your desired insights to justify the expense of not only the software but the expertise to configure, implement and use. Like many enterprise solutions, the Adobe Analytics platform is quite expensive but is the defacto standard across many industries.
  • Analytics gathering - It's tremendous at it's core capability. You can measure or derive pretty much anything you want to know about your digital traffic... however you must identify what you want to measure and implement it.
  • Reporting - Also tremendous flexibility in building robust reports. These include things like reporting across products, comparative reports over time, user info, reporting of disparate data sets, etc.
  • Partner Integrations - There are many partner integrations available that leverage the Adobe Analytics as the baseline platform and extend it's value. These integrations speed/simplify the implementation of those platforms.
  • Complexity - very very very complex to implement and use. To truly get the most value from the platform, you must have technical resources who understand how to configure and implement, AND analyst resources who know how to build the reports. People have built their entire career around Adobe Analytics as their core tool (just as people have built their entire careers around Photoshop).
  • Cost - In general, Adobe Analytics is expensive... especially when Google Analytics is provided for free, however you get much greater flexibility and support with Adobe Analytics.
Adobe Analytics is best suited for mid to larger enterprises that have technical resources available for implementation. If you are a smaller organization, I'd suggest implementing Google Analytics and focusing resources on reporting.
Read Drew Bartlett's full review
Georgia Dardick profile photo
February 05, 2016

Review: "Adobe Analytics for a small marketing agency"

Fusion uses Adobe Analytics on behalf of our clients to track recruitment marketing campaigns and visitor behavior on career websites for hospitals and health systems.
  • Able to track multiple visitor events from first touch through conversion.
  • Able to link offline events with online behavior through unique identifier.
  • Visual conversion funnel highlights abandonment.
  • Dashboards are not as flexible as they could be, for example a geo dashboard shows most states in the same color, and doesn't identify different levels of activity.
  • Extremely difficult to implement, costly implementation. Requires experienced developer to write code. Not an off the shelf solution.
  • Customer care is sometimes slow to respond, requires layers of involvement.
Our situation is unique in that we are tracking an offline conversion and Adobe Analytics is able to help us connect the dots. It does require a significant investment.
Read Georgia Dardick's full review
Nathan Normand profile photo
September 19, 2015

Adobe Analytics Review: "#AdobeAnalyticsForLife"

We currently use Adobe Analytics as our main reporting tool. Most of the reporting we do comes from the data that is housed within Analytics. We define a lot of our company's performances and forecast based off of the data passing to Adobe. The Adobe Analytics software is used by most, if not all, of the departments within our organization. It ensure that we maintain consistency when it comes to reporting and represents a software that we can depend on to help our company succeed.
  • The consistency of reporting has always been good meaning that we have never experienced any major discrepancies. I obviously think this is a huge factor when considering a reporting tool because the company's performance is judged based off the data housed in here.
  • We have never run into any technical issues with Adobe's servers being down and Adobe Analytics becoming inaccessible. This could cause major problems if you are trying to take care of highly important reports or requests.
  • The customer service is also fantastic. Any time I reach out to my rep, they always respond in a timely manner. I believe this is important in every aspect.
  • I believe that there are some limitations in the reporting, mainly in specific areas. I think there is some opportunity to enhance the capabilities in graphs and the layout of the reporting in general.
  • Along with the above example, I think they could do a lot more from a visualization perspective. Being limited in the way we can present the data makes it hard sometimes to accomplish the way we envision some things to turn out.
  • We have run into some glitches when trying to load a report. The page would keep trying to load and would not complete the report request. I reached out to client care and even they had an issue diagnosing the issue.
I think Adobe Analytics is a more professional and user friendly interface. However, as mentioned before there are some limitations. This is coming from a user that is an admin on the tool for my company so I use it for more than just pulling reports and so forth. I think that as a user, I would love using this tool, but would also believe there to be some opportunities to boost the reporting capabilities, however they are consistently rolling out releases to fix bugs/glitches, enhance reporting and add additional capabilities and functionality.
Read Nathan Normand's full review
Jenny Lam profile photo
December 04, 2015

Adobe Analytics Review: "AA - it's the buzz for metrics"

Adobe Analytics is currently used in our Marketing department through various functions to measure different aspects of our content created such as blogs, videos, web etc. The custom dashboards and various segments are used to pull in overall summary KPIs, top referring domains, and top pages for our blog post for example. This helps our group measure our success rate and how well it ladders up to our campaign strategies and overall team KPIs. Currently we use Adobe Analytics a lot to help us benchmark our successes because the platform itself is flexible and customizable to the metrics that we are looking for.
  • Export reporting function is a huge plus - it helps share to the whole team.
  • Dashboard interface helps users digest the data more easily. Giving a brief overview is what our executives like to see.
  • Need a better question / search function integrated into the system.
Although the data and information is easy to digest, I think there is still a high learning curve to use Adobe Analytics. I think more training sessions or virtual sessions would help immensely for other colleagues to pick up and run with Adobe Analytics for their measuring programs.
Read Jenny Lam's full review