Overall Satisfaction with Ubiquiti Networks UniFi
So - I have these deployed in many places. Here at Sahadi, I have switches deployed as the backend to Vonage Business VoIP phones in my two retail stores. I have multiple APs deployed in my 3rd warehouse location which provides WiFi for my Honeywell thermostats. I have personal clients with APs and switches deployed to run their household networks. And every time I upgrade a location, Unifi switches, and APs are my go-to choice. Simply put, these are the most affordable, and reliable, networking solutions on the market when you want a cloud-based solution that won't break the bank.
- Price: Super reasonable for a cloud-based offering.
- No ongoing license fees!: To me, this is the best part of it.
- Ease of deployment: You can literally deploy an entire network in minutes.
- Lots of choices for WiFi.
- VLANs: They can make these work more smoothly. Setup can be more intuitive.
- Cloud Key: These need to be stabilized; they lose their programming a little too easily.
- Stop selling the Gen-1 cloud key: No battery means you need an external power source or you must be onsite to power it off before updating.
- Portal can be modernized.
- Can't say it enough, prices are awesome, so ROI is very high IMHO.
- Remote cloud management allows me to service more clients at greater distances.
- Project estimates become much more attractive when you can show the savings vs more expensive solutions.
Cisco Meraki; Aruba; Juniper: I've looked at all of these. I have a ton of experience deploying and using Cisco Meraki. I love their solution. You get such a high level of technology with all the protections afforded by Cisco on the backend. However, the primary reason I choose Unifi over Meraki is simply pricing. For smaller businesses and home users, the bulk of my clients, the buy in for Meraki is simply too high to fit most budgets. I tend to go with Meraki on the Edge and Unifi inside the network, and this has proven to be a successful combination with many happy clients.
Do you think Ubiquiti Networks UniFi delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Ubiquiti Networks UniFi's feature set?
Did Ubiquiti Networks UniFi live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Ubiquiti Networks UniFi go as expected?
Would you buy Ubiquiti Networks UniFi again?
Small businesses and homes that require a lot of backend networking and/or really thorough WiFi coverage would both benefit from Unifi. The price point is huge as these products, with the lack of ongoing license fees, can fit into most small biz budgets. The simple deployment also means less management, and the fact that it is completely cloud-based allows me to manage these systems from anywhere. As a small business owner myself, this increases my client base without increasing my SLA requirements.