UKG Ready Review
November 25, 2020
UKG Ready Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Ready (formerly Kronos Workforce Ready)
Our entire organization uses the UKG Ready Timekeeping (TLM) module. Depending on an employee's classification they may use a physical timeclock, the online timeclock (accessed through a URL), a bulk entry timesheet, or the mobile app to clock in and out.
- Cloud Based - the system can be accessed from anywhere which is an improvement over our previous locally hosted platform.
- UKG Ready Community - the community allows for an exchange of information amongst users as well as input from UKG Ready employees.
- Outages - Our organization had the unfortunate circumstance of being on a POD that was overburdened and constantly had outages/downtimes/issues and these outages always seemed to coincide with payroll processing. The solution was to move some of the organizations from that POD to a new POD. Unfortunately, this week (11/23/2020), the new POD had outages and once again caused issues for organizations that were processing payroll and, based on posts in the Community, for organizations that were trying to wrap up Open Enrollment.
- Updates - It seems like there are constantly updates to the system (which is probably the case for any technology), but the manner in which these changes are communicated to users and administrators is not ideal. I've spoken with a UKG Ready employee previously and he assured me that they are working on ways to better communicate the changes to ensure they are easy to understand, interpret, and then pass on to our users.
- None - we were forced to switch providers because our existing program was no longer supported.
During implementation there were certain aspects of TLM that could not be implemented because it did not align with our operational needs.
The support received varies. In most instances, I have been contacted same day by support to get the issue resolved, but there was one instance where I was not contacted for over a week and then when I was finally contacted, the assistance received was lacking.
Do you think UKG Ready delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Ready's feature set?
Did UKG Ready live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Ready go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Ready again?
The usability would be better if there weren't constant changes. For example, changes were made to the Employee Information screen. Now instead of having everything presented in a clean, concise manner on approximately one screen, it is all boxier and bigger and involves a lot of scrolling. The same change has been made to the timesheet as well. The only saving grace is that there is a way to toggle back to the original view. Hopefully the toggle option remains because the new look did not go over well with our organization.
For our organization, the advantage with UKG Ready is that we moved from a locally hosted timekeeping system to a cloud based solution. This allowed for easier access for all of our managers. While we are using the TLM module, we have not been able to implement all aspects of the module due to some special scenarios within our organization. For example, at the time of implementation we were unable to make use of the Time Off request functionality because it would require us to have schedules uploaded for all staff, but schedules change every pay period due to our operational needs.