Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is used as a primary system to track and pay employees. It is used for benefit management and COBRA administration. UltiPro is used across the organization through the web portal. The corporate office HR staff also uses the back office to supplement their work for better efficiency. The primary business issue that is addressed is employee pay. Secondary is the HR system of record. Business Intelligence is used heavily to provide data to other systems to enhance HR reporting throughout the organization.
- Payroll is done well. Employees are paid accurately and the system is very dependable for accessing data from any time period.
- Role management for security. UltiPro allows good flexibility to assign the parts of UltiPro to the correct users. This allows for easy management of the data and confidence that people are only seeing what they need to see.
- Business Intelligence - the Cognos tool is very powerful and allows a lot of flexibility to get to data that is needed that is not part of standard reporting.
- Effective dating is something that can be done better. The integration with open enrollment and life events still needs work. Previously used benefits are re-activated without regards to current business rules that are defined. Links between the benefits seniority date and OE/LE is non-existent.
- Life Events can only be done in the past. Having the ability for employees to put in prior to their LE event date would be helpful to employees. Having more control over the date that a LE will impact the benefits is also highly desired.
- Web payroll has come along way, but we still have the need to use the Back Office to supplement the process. Would like to see the ability to find employees without knowing their pay group. Would like a faster interface when working with the pay check screen. Would like to be able to delete a deduction if needed, even if it is marked to track arrears.
UltiPro is very strong and dependable for payroll calculations. This is the biggest strength of the product. Employee and manager self service is also very strong and really works towards moving to a paperless environment. Benefit management is an area that is undergoing massive development, but the integration between the benefit, the payroll, and vendor file feeds is very strong.