UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Reviews

February 25, 2021
Deborah Johnson, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use UKG [Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] for payroll, HR information, onboarding, recruiting, performance management utilizing the UKG [Pro] software and non-exempt time management. UKG [Pro] is utilized across the entire organization in several offices. We implemented self-service sometime ago and employees are able to make basic changes to their employee data. The onboarding product and performance management significantly reduced manual paperwork and eliminated the need to hire an HR file clerk to file voluminous amounts of paper. We receive excellent support in all areas.
  • Payroll is exceptional. The support is great and UKG is always timely with implementing new regulations and laws.
  • Maintaining HR data is exceptional. The system is easy to use and the the recruiting and onboarding feeds into the individual hire's data files.
  • Performance Management system has been great. The workflow implemented with the process is logical and allows for proper approvals and reviews.
  • Time and attendance is a little confusing to individuals. Employees become confused when "requesting" time off and waiting for supervisor approval before entering into their timesheet manually. This creates a duplicate entry and needs to be corrected.
  • Designing reports is a little confusing at times. If you are not an avid report designer and only want to design an ad hoc report, it requires some time to get back into the knowledge of how to create a report.
  • Benefits module needs to become more user friendly from the HR programming point of view. About 3 years ago, we tried to implement the benefits module but found it to be cumbersome and found our insurance brokers system much more user friendly for HR personnel.
Payroll processing is done very well. At a previous organization, we utilized another payroll vendor with UltiPro and UltiPro is not well suited where you are utilizing another payroll vendor. It seemed, at the time, that it was very difficult to get UltiPro and the other vendor to work well together. Recruiting and onboarding is another area UKG [Pro] is well suited. The two work very well together and makes e-verify and background checking an easy process.
UKG [Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] overall support is excellent. When there are issues that the first level support is not able to handle on a timely basis, the issue is escalated. There have been a few times when an issue has been escalated a couple of levels and each level is very responsive and supportive. Customer service is exceptional.
Read Deborah Johnson, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP's full review
Gabriella Emerson, MHRM | TrustRadius Reviewer
[UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) is used by the] whole organization. We [find] the reporting feature to be the best at analyzing our data and creating solutions based on our metrics/reports created in UKG [Pro].
  • Reporting
  • Employee Administration
  • Workforce Management
  • Performance Management
  • Life Events/Benefits Admin
UKG [Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] is great as a full-service product from onboarding to termination it has helped us run smooth payrolls, reporting/metrics, open enrollment, etc. Overall no complaints.
Support has been great - great customer service reps and great account manager.
Read Gabriella Emerson, MHRM's full review
Brandon Valdez | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG Pro currently is being used by the HR department as the HRIS and the payroll department for processing payroll. Aside from standard W2, W4, Org Charts, and paystubs for employees, there isn't currently much self-service from a whole organization perspective.

There are plans to expand our self-service for transfers, promotions, salary increases, and skills review. Additionally, we plan to create dashboards for certain levels of managers.
  • Employee Data Management - The system is a fantastic HRIS.
  • Payroll - The payroll process is straightforward and simplistic.
  • Configurability - The system is easy to configure and implement.
  • Business Process Configuration - The system allows for easy configurations to match business needs.
  • Workflow Configuration - Easy workflow designs for business processes.
  • Mobile Functionality - HRIS Access via app or web.
  • Login as Employee - I do not understand why I cannot login as an employee as an HR admin. I have in other business systems and HRIS's so this is a must have.
  • Reporting - Cognos is great, but takes a lot of getting use if you aren't familiar with it.
  • Org Chart - Customization of Org Charts would be nice. Different backgrounds, ability to set order of direct reports, etc.
Pros:
  • An affordable HRIS and Payroll platform, that are easy to use and integrate with.
  • The ability to track global employees, while keeping in mind laws related to those regions.
  • Flexibility in configurations to account for different business models/processes.
  • Vast API library for ease integration setups.

Cons:
  • "Easy to use reporting system" - Learning curve for reporting from Cognos.
  • "Personalized Benefits Solutions" - Benefits Prime functionality seems limited in terms of customization.
  • "All access for Admin" - Admin access to employee view is non-existent.
I loved my UKG Pro implementation team. My Implementation Specialist really made me feel like we purchased a valuable product and reliable product. When sent over to Customer Success, I was sad to lose them, but the support I've been given still assures me that I'm in great hands and will be communicated to.
Read Brandon Valdez's full review
Jonathan Den Hartog | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG is being used across the whole organization. We have it open to employee users, but mainly use the administrator side of it between the human resources, benefits, and payroll departments. UKG helps employees be able to see their employee record with ease from the web browser or app. This has help our company with transparency to our employees.
  • Transparency helps our departments be compliant and accurate.
  • Employees are able to change their personal information on their own and just needs to be approved by payroll or HR.
  • UKG has allowed multiple platforms and systems to be removed from our process and be able to convert within UltiPro, which limits the amount of systems that are required for employees to change information or enroll in benefits.
  • Our company has experienced some limitation in being able to customize certain fields and "UltiPro delivered" settings, but that comes with ever company.
  • It would be nice for employment record information to be all in one screen. (term date, hire date, rate of pay). This would be helpful for unemployment questions or verification of employment.
  • Business Intelligence still seems a little clunky, when you are trying to find a field to report out of, you aren't always sure if that is the field that you need or if you need it from a different package.
UKG Pro is very helpful and well suited in their case management for rapid response. They get you quick answers and results on time-pressing items and issues. UKG Pro is less appropriate for our company in the situation where it can't track specific jobsites that employees are at. We need a separate system to track manpower and where employees are at and for how long.
Rapid response is always helpful with me. Sometimes our cases get "lost" and it can be a couple of weeks before we even get a response or recommendation on a case. Some of the customer support could be better in response times. But usually we get most of our questions answered correctly.
Read Jonathan Den Hartog's full review
LeeAnne Gomes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use UKG to manage our employees' personnel files, payroll, benefits, learning, onboarding, compensation, and much more. When the pandemic began, we were able to successfully transition our office staff to remote work with the aid of tools like the mobile time clock and community broadcast.
  • Getting connected with quality customer service for practically any issue is incredibly easy.
  • The platform seems like it can do everything but make you breakfast in the morning.
  • BI gives you access to every single piece of data for your company.
  • Timekeeping modules do not seem to be built with payroll managers in mind.
  • A majority of my employees (current and at past companies) experience challenges logging in to the mobile app.
  • BI sample reports are limited and service requests to build reports are prohibitively expensive. It would help if it was made more accessible to those who have limited experience with BI.
The platform can be configured to do practically anything with some hard work, support from customer service, and sometimes an expensive service request. As a result, UKG is well suited for almost any scenario you can throw at it.

But if you are a payroll manager and you happen to be using Workforce Management, you're gonna have a hard time.
Every UKG support team member I have encountered has been knowledgeable and empathetic. Around year-end wait times to get in touch with customer service can drag on a bit, but overall, it is very easy to get in touch with someone who can help you. UKG's positive internal culture is apparent in their customer service.
Read LeeAnne Gomes's full review
Christopher Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used to process hours worked for payroll and employee leave. It is typically used by HR and Accounting departments, but we have implemented the mobile app, which allows all employees to see certain data. Our employees across the company use it to request and approve leave and time off as well.
  • Leave requests and time off tracking
  • Tax calculations and deposits
  • Reporting and reports
  • Setting up new codes can be a challenge.
  • It is sometimes hard to get issues resolved through case management.
It is great for payroll and HR because it makes some of the compliance and reporting more efficient. It is also great that it automatically feeds our retirement plan provider with census and contribution data. We have not integrated it with healthcare, but I imagine it can be useful to feed those third-party providers with data as well.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are already experiencing cost savings through efficiency gained by using the system and reports. We also use UltiPro for our subsidiary in New York and it allows us to review and monitor their HR/ payroll data. It is great to have both companies on the same platform. We are not 100% there yet, but eventually we could have one HR department involved with both companies and this software makes that goal possible.
Read Christopher Murphy's full review
Isabella Guedes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use core, recruiting, and onboarding. We are in the process of rolling it out to our managers so that they can use the recruiting platform. So far, we have identified that it addresses the issue of efficiency. We are able to eliminate printing applications because the managers now have access to viewing applications and/or resumes via UKG. Additionally it has solved the issue of employees asking us for their paycheck stubs. The app is extremely user-friendly and the employees are able to locate information they need via the app as opposed to asking the HR department.
  • Recruiting.
  • Onboarding.
  • Perception.
  • Business intelligence.
  • As it relates to recruiting, I’d like to see a new way of seeing how many positions the candidate has applied to. For example, I have a candidate that has applied to all three current opportunities and the only way that I am able to view that he has applied to all three opportunities is by clicking on a box within their profile. I’d like to see this improve so that it’s easier for recruiters and hiring managers to view which opportunities the candidate has applied to.
  • As a relates to onboarding, I’d like to see rehires have the ability (when completing onboarding) to reselect the previous direct deposit that was activated at the time they were termed.
Overall UKG’s foundation is customer service and you can feel that from beginning to end. I never felt pressured to join, I felt like the presentation they used was tailored to our company and our needs— it was very well thought out. People that I worked with on the business side still reach out and check on me. In other words, I have yet to be disappointed with any UKG employee and/or their products and services. I have been extremely satisfied. The customer service is superb and I would highly recommend UKG to others.
As I mentioned before, they are friendly and they are always able to resolve my issues. Not only are the wait times not an issue, additionally, they send emails to follow up regarding what I was calling about. It’s just an amazing user friendly experience.
Read Isabella Guedes's full review
Megan Marvin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use UltiPro as our HRIS system throughout the entire company. We use UltiPro for reporting, payroll, time tracking, time management, performance reviews, Open Enrollment, Benefits, etc. Human Resources uses UltiPro on the administrative side, but all departments use UltiPro for performance reviews, reporting, time tracking, requesting time off, going through Open Enrollment, and helping new employees to pick their benefits. UltiPro has been a huge time saver across the entire company. We were able to implement UltiPro and get rid of manual paper processes throughout the entire company. Payroll is a much easier process with the implementation of UltiPro. Open Enrollment has been overhauled and has been a huge time saver.
  • Reporting
  • Open Enrollment/Qualifying Life Events
  • Time Tracking/Requests
  • Mobile App
  • Learning
  • System functionality. It would be helpful if you could copy a previous year's Open Enrollment instead of starting from scratch.
I mainly deal with the benefits side of UltiPro and reporting. UltiPro is extremely helpful when wanting to build different reports. It also makes it seamless for employees to pick benefits when they are a new hire and to go through Open Enrollment. We have implemented UltiPro in all categories of Human Resources and it has saved us lots of time in return.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have saved countless hours with UltiPro and being able to make manual processes electronic. It is easier having all data in one location. Instead of having employee data in many locations, we have it all in one place. It gives you security and a peace of mind knowing that you can set different security roles to give administrators access.
My direct support is excellent. We have an account manager that is proactive and we meet on a bi-monthly basis. When the merger happened, I would say the Rapid Response support has not been as good. There are long wait times and cases take a week instead of a few days. This could be end of year issues as well.
Yes - Yes, everything went smoothly. They are great about communicating the spring and fall releases.
  • Online training
We are not using this globally. We are multi-state and works well.
Read Megan Marvin's full review
Margaret Perdicaris Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for HR and payroll processing. Performance reviews for the company. BI reporting for decision makers
  • Once you learn the BI reporting, it can be very powerful.
  • Employee Self service complimented with workflows
  • Some Canadian payroll processing - in particular negative pays
  • Adding dependents to benefit deduction plans can be time consuming as we don't use Open Enrollment.
I think you need to ensure it can deliver what you deliver from your current systems coupled with what you would like to do in the future.
Read Margaret Perdicaris Clark's full review
Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization since 2005. We use it for Payroll and HRIS.
UPDATE 2020: We have decided to implement additional modules over the next year to help streamline our processes (Onboarding, Compensation, Performance, etc.).
  • Their business intelligence reporting is among the best. The only downfall is it takes a lot of time to learn, but once you learn, their is endless reporting opportunity.
  • Strong customer networking with things like local user groups, BI exchange (so you don't have to write reports from scratch) and online groups.
  • I have noticed that their BI support has improved over the years. I can only assume that they recognized that their users need more hand holding as they don't always have time to spend on learning.
  • While there has been improvement, I still think BI support can improve even more. There have been many times where they still send me to put in a Service Request for something we need.
  • The training options are great! I would love it if they would have more live classes near Boston. Also, some one on one training would be outstanding because then you could use examples within your own company. Sometimes the regular classes just gives a high level knowledge, which isn't always enough.
  • Some of the items I am working on is an access matrix to understand who has what role and what access. This does not seem to be easy to find in the system.
Since we have had the system since 2005, there is really no reason to change it as it has been doing what we need it to for payroll. However, we are getting more and more lean training within our company and would love to be able to have an all in one system. We have iCIMS for recruiting, Kronos for time keeping and Ulti for payroll/HR. If the recruiting/onboarding was better and the time system (workforce management) was comparable, we may eventually switch.

We priced the data feeds a while back and found it to be VERY pricey. I would love to be able to get 4-5 feeds to the various benefit sites to help us become more efficient but it is not cost effective.

I have reviewed the comp and performance components and they do not fit with what we do. For one, we have a PFP system for our production EEs which works with production data found in other systems so there really wouldn't be a way to pull that info into Ulti.
  • Other
No, we have a LOT more we can utilize with UltiPro. It just will take time and money (if any consulting work is needed). We still need to do MSS, expand ESS, workflows, etc. in order to make the system what we need it to be. PLUS we want to look at future initiatives like PA, succession, etc.
Support has been great. The only issues I have is when I need a bit more advanced reporting help, they always say I need to put in a service request ($$).
Read Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA's full review
Jodie Hayes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use UKG Pro in all aspects across our organization. We use recruiting, onboarding, payroll, learning management, and compensation management.
  • Compensation Management
  • Payment Services (Taxation)
  • Employee Transfers (between companies)
  • File Feeds
Overall, UKG Pro is a great system. It has many applications that you can use for your business. It's shortfall, in my opinion, is that sometimes it's too big and you can't fine tune it to exact instances that may help you in your specific industry or business.
The Rapid Response is great and can usually resolve any issues we may have with a first phone call.
Yes - For us it did, we had minimal issues. Biggest issue is that some roles/users needed to be adjusted for the new release.
  • Online training
Works great, we have had good luck with accessibility across the companies.
Read Jodie Hayes's full review
April 02, 2021
Cortney Reese | TrustRadius Reviewer
UltiPro is being used across our entire company. We use UltiPro for payroll, recruitment, employee reviews, employee documents, PTO just to name a few. UltiPro keeps our company on track.
  • Time management
  • PTO
  • In recruitment it is a little hard to resend new hire paperwork.
  • PTO is always up to date for employees to see.
Instead of using a punch time clock, you can just enter your time in UltiPro and it keeps track for you. The downside to this is that employees can fib on what time they are in and leave since it isn't a punch.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro is an excellent way to save money and paper. Green is always better. Having all the HR in one program is wonderful and efficient. The security of UltiPro definitely gives us a peace of mind. To know that our personal information is safe is big deal.
Customer Service is always there 24-7 to help. They go out of their way to make sure if you do have any issues that those issues are addressed immediately.
Read Cortney Reese's full review
November 23, 2020
Heather Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG is our HRIS system. It is utilized by finance (payroll specifically), HR and talent teams. Additionally, we utilize employee self service, so all employees have access as well. We utilize the WFM time clock and UKG Core for payroll and HRIS needs. We also use recruiting, on-boarding, performance and perception.
  • I love the customization available in UKG. Being able to capture our company's idiosyncrasies through platform configuration is a huge win.
  • At a previous job, I processed payroll through the back office. Currently, I process payroll through the web. Though I miss aspects of the back office, payroll processing in the web is extremely easy! The processes are fast-paced and stream-lined and take away a lot of the manual steps in back office.
  • I think UKG is really just an easy product to use. Everything is located in a place that makes sense. The interface is clean and I can usually figure out things that I am unsure about on my own.
  • The WFM timeclock needs a lot of work. I am disappointed in the lack of functionality and specifically the reporting! Not being completely tied to BI is a huge loss because we would use that functionality so frequently. Additionally, the PTO not linking to core is a miss.
  • Customer service needs work. Sometimes I talk to reps who are very knowledgeable and other times, I feel like I know more than the service team. Additionally, when there are questions about the time clock, there are not enough customer service reps who are knowledgeable about the product.
  • We originally signed with UKG so we could utilize Position Management, however that product is still not up to par to give us what we need in a Position Management product. The service teams have all recommended us to NOT use the current module.
I love working with UKG. I am hopefully a lifer and will continue to recommend this product to my colleagues in the industry.
Sometimes support is great and sometimes support is sub par. There is no consistency. BI and WFM support need a lot of work
Read Heather Taylor's full review
March 16, 2021
Ruba Ayoub | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) is used companywide. We use the benefits platform as well as payroll processing, taxes, onboarding, and business intelligence reporting. It helps us process payroll accurately and in a timely way. Benefits are housed in core, which makes it easier to write reports and pull reports from business intelligence. Employees are able to log in and change their W-4s as well as look at and download their W-2s and pay stubs. We also use the applications on our phones for easier and more readily available information.
  • BI reporting--you can write your own reports and, if running into issues, you can create a case where someone will reach out and help walk you through it.
  • Customer support--if any issues occur during payroll processing, benefits, taxes, or anything in between, rapid response is always available to help.
  • Creating a case--sometimes it takes a little longer than expected to get attention to a case or have it resolved.
  • BI reporting--since the update to AI, it has been more difficult to write reports, however there is a learning curve.
Business Intelligence reporting. Before upgrading to AI, it was extremely easy to log in and be able to write any type of report that the company may need. Saving those reports to Team Content makes it easier for everyone in the team/company to be able to run the report at any time.
They are always available no matter the time of day or night.
Read Ruba Ayoub's full review
March 08, 2021
Analisa Afonso | TrustRadius Reviewer
Shoes For Crews is using UltiPro for HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, Talent Development, Learning, and Performance Review. It provides a comprehensive system backed by in-depth business intelligence reporting that provide invaluable information and insight into our HR processes and Analytics.
  • Ease of basic reporting
  • Clean user-friendly reporting
  • Excellent customer service response to manage cases.
  • Training of business intelligence
  • Tax reporting training
  • Transitioning new hire documents into UltiPro Core
UltiPro is fantastic! Customer Service is always there to help. Any corporation looking to consolidate systems and vendors could benefit from this system.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
As a company, we are not 100% there. There is so much to leverage in UltiPro that for a smaller HR department it is hard to cover all there is to learn and explore. More training prior to launch would have proven valuable. We love the system, now we just need to increase our ability to use it to its potential.
Customer service has been excellent. My tax rep is not always responsive.
Read Analisa Afonso's full review
Dawn Millard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for payroll administration, HR reporting and business intelligence, employee self-service, manager self-service, compensation, performance reviews (coaching dialogues), surveys (perception), front page for information dissemination and HR information repository, and paperless HR (employee files uploaded into documents).
  • Processing payroll is easy and clean.
  • The survey tool enables us to gather information that is important for decision-making.
  • We were able to set up the performance reviews to allow for our quarterly coaching dialogue process as we don't do traditional performance reviews.
  • Setting up feeds for our benefits providers was problematic and took much longer than it should have.
  • I would like for us to be able to use the front page for videos, etc. Not sure if that's already possible.
  • The training portion should be linked to LinkedInLearning which is our provider of choice and the best option out there for a largely remote and global workforce.
I would like to see a cost-effective option for small businesses with 1-100 employees. I know many organizations and would like to recommend it, but it is not available to my knowledge for less than 100 people. This is a market that I recommend you look into.
We have had superior customer service when we needed assistance and support.
Read Dawn Millard's full review
Michelle Fornoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use UKG across our organization for timekeeping, payroll processing, and human resources functions such as recruiting and performance management.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Intuitive and easy to use.
  • Easy and quick ways to find fixes and tips on how to resolve issues or questions.
  • The new left side menu is difficult to use and to find what you're looking for; the old menu was more condensed which made it easier to find what you were looking for.
I have and will continue to recommend UKG to colleagues as it has been easy to use, the reporting options are amazing and it has just overall been a positive experience.
I absolutely love the customer success portal where you can request "help" from UKG through a case or just browse for different responses related to the issue you are having or trying to solve. There is so much valuable information here and anytime I do enter a case for assistance from UKG, the response time is amazing. My issues are typically resolved within a day.
Read Michelle Fornoff's full review
Deb Kuder | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG is used throughout our organization for payroll, time & attendance, benefits, and performance management. We have not implemented the recruiting module yet. UKG has helped to streamline manual processes for our company.
  • Learning resources
  • Onboarding
  • Cumbersome areas: BI reporting, benefits module (especially open enrollment).
  • Having to submit cases to resolve simple issues is a hassle.
Overall, I think it's a good system while not the easiest to use. You really need to understand the back end and how it affects the rest of the system.
Responses can be slow at times and take up to a week. Everyone we deal with at UKG is nice and helpful.
Read Deb Kuder's full review
YANLIN HUANG | TrustRadius Reviewer
Payroll uses UltiPro to process payroll and HR uses UltiPro to maintain employee information.
  • UltiPro has the function to import timesheets which is useful.
  • UltiPro helps to resolve tax notices which saves me time.
  • UltiPro does tax return filings which saves client money to find a CPA.
  • When I process retro pay, I need to do the calculation myself. If the system can calculate it, it will be more helpful.
It is a good system. It is more user-friendly than PeopleSoft. One place UltiPro is not as good at as ADP is running payroll reports one by one. ADP can do payroll reports all at once by clicking one button.
It is a great system and it gives good tech support.
Read YANLIN HUANG's full review
Karen Gilmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) across the whole organization. It is our payroll processing software; our employees use it to make personal information changes and benefits elections, and we will be soon using it for our timekeeping and time-off tracking. We use it for digital documents, such as merit increases, garnishments, changes of status, etc. We encourage employees to access it for all their record needs from W-2s to pay stubs.
  • Documentation storage
  • Payroll and benefits processing
  • Easier use of reporting for management at our locations
  • Employees who transfer
  • Employee rehires
I have not seen any scenarios where UKG is less appropriate. It is well suited to multiple company organizations such as ours.
Almost everything I have utilized has been very user friendly and makes sense. I appreciate that UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) is continually looking for ways to improve and asks for user input and suggestions to consider.
Read Karen Gilmer's full review
Todd Switzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used as our HRIS, initially for payroll and timekeeping. We have added recruitment, performance management, salary planning, career development, ACA admin, and employee surveys (perception). Used across the whole organization, but primarily by HR and accounting. We utilize it to better coordinate our performance reviews with our salary planning. We reduce paperwork, increase visibility and engagement, and find the payroll solution to be user-friendly and very accurate.
  • Strong payroll solution.
  • Really effective survey process with Perception—very helpful for pulse of employees.
  • Salary Planning was easier and rate increases more equitable using the software.
  • Mostly just small tweaks would be helpful in salary planning space for comments and better communication between reviewers.
  • Perception could be slightly cleaner in terms of survey reporting in Excel.
  • Would like some simplified options for us as a company on the smaller side.
I would think it could be suited for any company with at least 200 employees. There is so much UKG Pro is capable of, but you need a dedicated team to learn it and implement it.
Some support is top-notch, some are slightly lacking in the speed to respond and sense of urgency. Nearly everyone we have dealt with has a very high degree of expertise.
Read Todd Switzer's full review
Natalie Scherner | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is our HRIS, used across our whole organization. We use it for employee management, payroll, HR administration, recruiting, onboarding, surveys, LMs, and more. This helps us with employee data retention, reporting and metrics, and the employee life cycle.
  • Perceptions: Can build and use survey tool for any use.
  • Payroll: Easy to use and do on-cycle and off-cycle payments.
  • Onboarding: Clear and detailed, rolls over into core.
  • Recruiting: Moving documents and applications from module to core, metric reporting.
  • Organization Structures: Only allows one type of structure, a secondary supervisor option would be helpful.
I would recommend it if asked but I don't have a lot of experience with other HRIS systems, so I wouldn't consider myself an expert opinion.
UKG support is quick and easy, putting in a case is simple and we usually hear back pretty quickly—very helpful.
Read Natalie Scherner's full review
Jeff Motsch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use UKG Pro company-wide as our primary payroll and time management system. Additionally, we take advantage of its full HRIS reporting suite to process taxes, PPACA reporting, EEO reporting, Workers' Compensation reporting. Recently, we have added performance management and learning management products.
  • Customer service is fantastic—their rapid response team addresses problems quickly and accurately. They are patient and work well with users of all experience levels.
  • Implementation of their products is painless—dedicated implementation specialists work with you through the entire process.
  • The BI reporting functions are best in class.
  • Occasional system quirks—such as the lack of an "undo" function when terminating in the core.
  • Role administration can be cumbersome depending on your org structure.
UKG Pro is perfectly suited for organizations with 1-5000 employees with single or multiple locations. It seems best suited for private sector employers and may not be appropriate for very large organizations which utilize more enterprise software.
This is a theme that has been touched on several times. UKG Pro offers the best customer support of any HRIS I have used.
Read Jeff Motsch's full review
Bill Pepper | TrustRadius Reviewer
Payroll and taxes and human resources tool.
  • Payroll processing is simple and easy to use (user-friendly).
  • Tax services handles all tax functions timely and accurately.
  • Payment services handles their functions timely & efficiently.
  • EXEMPT payroll-don't force me to bring in a "time file" when I have their set hours pre-loaded into the system.
Small accounting departments need the support of a tax team to process and file their tax documents, so the team can focus on other accounting functions of the company. An app is a great tool for employees to have access to their payroll, tax, and time-off information.
Generally, I receive quick and informative resolutions to my cases.
Read Bill Pepper's full review
Dorene Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the organization. We use it for payroll, employee tracking and reporting, running reports, using surveys. Tracking job descriptions and processing job transfers and new hires.
  • One place for everything.
  • It looks like changes that are coming for BI will be very helpful.
  • Perceptions need improvement. They are difficult to build and not very good training on how to use it.
  • We need better training videos and online training to do at your own pace with access to trainers if we need them. Current training for BI goes so fast that you just can't keep up if you are new like me.
It is an easy place to keep all the employee information but would like to have a better place to add documents like their background checks. Much improvement is needed in documentation to understand how it really works. Also much improvement is needed in Perceptions. They are not documented well and it is harder to figure out. For example, a "page" is used for 2 very different things! So you it is hard to tell what "page" they are referring to.
You can usually get ahold of someone but they do not always know the answers.
Read Dorene Sparks's full review

Employee demographic data (565)
Employment history (589)
Job profiles and administration (567)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (554)
Organizational charting (482)
Organization and location management (500)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (398)
Pay calculation (544)
Support for external payroll vendors (257)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (76)
Benefit plan administration (506)
Direct deposit files (540)
Salary revision and increment management (437)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (376)
Balance details (395)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (330)
View and generate pay and benefit information (594)
Update personal information (595)
View company policy documentation (426)
Employee recognition (226)
View job history (584)
Tracking of all physical assets (152)
6.1
Report builder (554)
Pre-built reports (562)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (387)
New hire portal (406)
Manager tracking tools (324)
Corporate goal setting (221)
Individual goal setting (270)
Line-of sight-visibility (195)
Performance tracking (255)
Performance plans (311)
Performance improvement plans (245)
Review status tracking (325)
Review reminders (300)
Multiple review frequency (250)
Create succession plans/pools (122)
6.7
Candidate ranking (122)
Candidate search (123)
Candidate development (120)
Job Requisition Management (332)
Company Website Posting (321)
Publish to Social Media (251)
Job Search Site Posting (297)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (251)
6.7
Applicant Tracking (318)
Notifications and Alerts (300)

What is UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)?

UKG Pro™ is a global human capital management (HCM) solution. With it, users are invited to transform their businesses with a connected global workforce experience delivered through HR technology. From payroll to talent to service delivery to surveys, and everything in between, UKG Pro aims to be the powerful HCM suite needed to drive people-focused results.

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

Has featureRich Workforce Insight
Has featureOne Unified Solution
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Screenshots

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Videos (2)

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite ERP, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Competitors