UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Reviews

Heather Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
UKG is our HRIS system. It is utilized by finance (payroll specifically), HR and talent teams. Additionally, we utilize employee self service, so all employees have access as well. We utilize the WFM time clock and UKG Core for payroll and HRIS needs. We also use recruiting, on-boarding, performance and perception.
  • I love the customization available in UKG. Being able to capture our company's idiosyncrasies through platform configuration is a huge win.
  • At a previous job, I processed payroll through the back office. Currently, I process payroll through the web. Though I miss aspects of the back office, payroll processing in the web is extremely easy! The processes are fast-paced and stream-lined and take away a lot of the manual steps in back office.
  • I think UKG is really just an easy product to use. Everything is located in a place that makes sense. The interface is clean and I can usually figure out things that I am unsure about on my own.
  • The WFM timeclock needs a lot of work. I am disappointed in the lack of functionality and specifically the reporting! Not being completely tied to BI is a huge loss because we would use that functionality so frequently. Additionally, the PTO not linking to core is a miss.
  • Customer service needs work. Sometimes I talk to reps who are very knowledgeable and other times, I feel like I know more than the service team. Additionally, when there are questions about the time clock, there are not enough customer service reps who are knowledgeable about the product.
  • We originally signed with UKG so we could utilize Position Management, however that product is still not up to par to give us what we need in a Position Management product. The service teams have all recommended us to NOT use the current module.
I love working with UKG. I am hopefully a lifer and will continue to recommend this product to my colleagues in the industry.
Sometimes support is great and sometimes support is sub par. There is no consistency. BI and WFM support need a lot of work
Read Heather Taylor's full review
October 15, 2020
Judy Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is an energy construction company with multiple subsidiary companies. Six of the twelve companies are now using UltiPro for HR and Payroll processing. The other companies came on to UltiPro within the past few months for benefits open enrollment and ongoing benefit administration and reporting. UltiPro allows more insight into subsidiary HR, Payroll and Benefits and a centralized place for administration and reporting and interfaces.
  • Ease of use - Someone with little to no training can come into UltiPro and within a very short time be able to find information, enter data, and create standard reports. With some basic payroll knowledge and training, the process of running payroll through the web interface is extremely easy. I've worked with other systems that are very cumbersome to set up, maintain, and utilize on a regular basis.
  • Payroll taxes - As a Payroll/HRIS Manager, I don't have to worry about whether taxes are set up appropriately to withhold at the proper rate for State and Local as well as Federal taxes. Having Ultimate do our tax fulfillment, they even update our unemployment rates as they receive notifications from the states. If the system and employees are set up correctly, taxes will be withheld correctly without needing to worry about whether or not reciprocity rules are being followed and any other state or federal law.
  • Reporting - Ultimate provides a large number of standard reports that are available to run for both HR and Payroll related activities. Where a standard report may not meet the exact needs of the organization, a Business Intelligence tool is provided (Cognos) so that you can create any type of report you need. While I am not a Cognos expert, I find it easy to use for my needs and can get most any information I want through BI. Ultimate will custom write any report I am not able to create on my own or provide assistance through support to answer any questions I may have.
  • General Ledger - General Ledger could be more user friendly to set up. I think if this functionality were moved to the web with a different type of interface than what is in the back office, it could make the process easier.
  • Employee Tax Setup - Although I love the overall functionality of how taxes are handled in UltiPro, I would prefer to get an error when adding a new employee in the web when a resident state is not set up for that company. Currently it gives a warning, but I've had occasions where I did not receive or did not see the notification sent by HR to set up the new state and taxes were not withheld for months on an employee. When you view the employee in the web, they look correct. But in the back office the resident state is missing and it does not calculate.
  • Communications from Ultimate - I have found that the communications coming from Ultimate on issues (e.g., taxes and wage attachments) are ambiguous. I don't always have time to log in to view a case they created and even then the communication is not always clear and it is difficult to reach the right person to get clarification. If the email sent had more detail, it would make my job much easier. Also, when they do create a case, if they would put some sort of reference in the field available so you can go back to it more quickly, that would be a huge improvement!
  • Print services - You need to have an option to have checks overnighted on the day of printing without paying a $200 fee if this is a normal request and not a late submission. Other payroll providers offer this service. Why can't Ultimate?
I've used Ultimate for many years and have seen it grow and improve through the years, from basic HR/Payroll to a full HR/Talent Suite offering. I would definitely recommend it to those who have a good knowledge of HR/payroll themselves. It is different than using a payroll service such as ADP or Paycom, and I prefer Ultimate, but if an organization needs more hand-holding, Ultimate may not be the best solution.
  • Security and peace of mind
We are currently using all of the UltiPro solutions -- HR, Payroll, Benefits, and all of the Talent solutions as well. We've also started using Perceptions. It is great to have everything in one database for ease of processing as well as reporting. There's no need for different logins and passwords for multiple solutions.
Support seems to be one of those things that goes up and down with UltiPro as the company grows. Over the 20 years I have used UltiPro, I have seen it go from absolutely amazing to not so great and back to really great. At the current moment I would rate support as being very good.
  • in-person training
  • no training
Read Judy Frank's full review
August 21, 2020
Ann Aguirre | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is our HCM, and we utilize the core product for payroll/hr, UTA for time and attendance, Recruiting, and onboarding modules, as well as limited use of payment services. it is used across the whole organization.
  • Escalations for critical issues.
  • Payroll system and support.
  • Custom support development, having a better understanding upfront of expectations and needs so implementation and testing are smoother.
  • better communication across Ulti teams (support, project/development, 3rd parties).
  • More cohesive products that work well together and have the same look/feel.
Day to day payroll support is phenomenal. We also have a great CRM, Jay S., who always has our back, understands our account, and helps escalate appropriately and quickly.

Many of the applications are bolt-ons and the cohesiveness of the overall product isn't there. Each system has a different look, different feel, different support team, etc.

Reporting is also another pain point. Unless you are a professional report writer, BI is very complicated to understand and build reports. Also, very time-consuming. A better dashboard reporting/data warehouse view would be nice. As well as a simple query tool for nontechnical individuals.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
I think having various systems that integrated better and required fewer customization would be optimal for our organization.
This is the best part of Ulti. our team is great, very responsive. Jay is amazing at escalations.
Read Ann Aguirre's full review
November 22, 2020
Hollie Rodgers | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) across our whole organization as our teammates' self-service portal. It also functions as our employee database that we use for recruiting, onboarding, and payroll.
  • User friendly
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Updates are frequent and effective
  • Many training courses available
  • Back office set up seems very outdated and not as user friendly
  • Super user role should be able to do everything
  • When folks get re-hired, sometimes they bypass the onboarding gateway if they use the same email we already have for them in the system
This is a great tool for human resource functions for companies with a very large amount of employees. It can be beneficial for companies with fewer people, of course, but it is able to create a user-friendly experience for teammates as well as HR who make hundreds of changes to employee data per day.
Great support staff! Always going above and beyond to make sure they can get a resolution ASAP, whether it's an issue with the system that affects everyone or something that isn't working just for you. I have had a few tickets opened with the system, and if they are not able to fix it right away, they provide periodic updates. Then, once it is resolved, they check back in afterwards to make sure it is still working smoothly.
Read Hollie Rodgers's full review
August 22, 2020
William Fried | TrustRadius Reviewer
We leverage UltiPro as our HRIS/payroll and time management solution. We initially implemented core HRIS and payroll. In 2019 we added UltiPro Time.
  • HRIS employee data management
  • Reporting
  • Payroll
  • Time management
  • On-boarding
  • Learning management solution
  • Performance management
I would recommend UltiPro because the solution is well designed, stable, functions well, and allows for a certain level of modification by the admin. Where we have challenges is with some of the other products like recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and learning. While the solutions offer general functionality there are other solutions in the market place that are more robust.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro has been a valuable option for our firm. We would like to consolidate more HR functions onto a single platform, however, some of the other products like Recruiting, OnBoarding, Performance, and Learning still need more features compared to what competitors offer. The security is excellent, we have never had an incident with UltiPro security.
Support is excellent. Responsive, kind, caring, patient. We have not had many issues with UltiPro support. Their knowledge base, community boards, and training (for free) are the best I have seen in the market place.
Read William Fried's full review
August 22, 2020
Analisa Afonso | TrustRadius Reviewer
Shoes For Crews is using UltiPro for HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, Talent Development, Learning, and Performance Review. It provides a comprehensive system backed by in-depth business intelligence reporting that provide invaluable information and insight into our HR processes and Analytics.
  • Ease of basic reporting
  • Clean user-friendly reporting
  • Excellent customer service response to manage cases.
  • Training of business intelligence
  • Tax reporting training
  • Transitioning new hire documents into UltiPro Core
UltiPro is fantastic! Customer Service is always there to help. Any corporation looking to consolidate systems and vendors could benefit from this system.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
As a company, we are not 100% there. There is so much to leverage in UltiPro that for a smaller HR department it is hard to cover all there is to learn and explore. More training prior to launch would have proven valuable. We love the system, now we just need to increase our ability to use it to its potential.
Customer service has been excellent. My tax rep is not always responsive.
Read Analisa Afonso's full review
August 21, 2020
Brittany Passer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization utilizes UltiPro. It is our HRIS, ATS, Onboarding, Benefits, Document Acknowledgement and Payroll solution.
  • Modular based system - keeps you consistent with one system
  • The Ulti Peeps enjoy working for their organization, so a lot are great to deal with
  • Needs ability to have a mailing address and physical one
  • The customer service could be better - things fall through the cracks
UltiPro is a great system for an organization who wants to condense their systems. It is probably harder to manage when the system needs more customization. UltiPro is somewhat limited in functionality.
  • Other
It was cost and ease of the system for us. We did achieve it.
Their support is where they are lacking. They pass people around and I can often call and get different answers. Many of the support don't seem knowledgeable.
Read Brittany Passer's full review
August 19, 2020
Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization since 2005. We use it for Payroll and HRIS.
UPDATE 2020: We have decided to implement additional modules over the next year to help streamline our processes (Onboarding, Compensation, Performance, etc.).
  • Their business intelligence reporting is among the best. The only downfall is it takes a lot of time to learn, but once you learn, their is endless reporting opportunity.
  • Strong customer networking with things like local user groups, BI exchange (so you don't have to write reports from scratch) and online groups.
  • I have noticed that their BI support has improved over the years. I can only assume that they recognized that their users need more hand holding as they don't always have time to spend on learning.
  • While there has been improvement, I still think BI support can improve even more. There have been many times where they still send me to put in a Service Request for something we need.
  • The training options are great! I would love it if they would have more live classes near Boston. Also, some one on one training would be outstanding because then you could use examples within your own company. Sometimes the regular classes just gives a high level knowledge, which isn't always enough.
  • Some of the items I am working on is an access matrix to understand who has what role and what access. This does not seem to be easy to find in the system.
Since we have had the system since 2005, there is really no reason to change it as it has been doing what we need it to for payroll. However, we are getting more and more lean training within our company and would love to be able to have an all in one system. We have iCIMS for recruiting, Kronos for time keeping and Ulti for payroll/HR. If the recruiting/onboarding was better and the time system (workforce management) was comparable, we may eventually switch.

We priced the data feeds a while back and found it to be VERY pricey. I would love to be able to get 4-5 feeds to the various benefit sites to help us become more efficient but it is not cost effective.

I have reviewed the comp and performance components and they do not fit with what we do. For one, we have a PFP system for our production EEs which works with production data found in other systems so there really wouldn't be a way to pull that info into Ulti.
  • Other
No, we have a LOT more we can utilize with UltiPro. It just will take time and money (if any consulting work is needed). We still need to do MSS, expand ESS, workflows, etc. in order to make the system what we need it to be. PLUS we want to look at future initiatives like PA, succession, etc.
Support has been great. The only issues I have is when I need a bit more advanced reporting help, they always say I need to put in a service request ($$).
Read Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA's full review
August 19, 2020
Belva Newman | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for Payroll, Benefits, and On-Boarding.
  • Cases are created to address problems we are having; great customer support.
  • Good training modules.
  • User-friendly system.
  • The time management section of UltiPro needs improvement.
UltiPro has a very strong, easy to understand payroll module. Time management, not so much.
Great support reps!
  • Online training
User friendly for the most part. Some employees have problems with their tablet or phone; may be user error.
Read Belva Newman's full review
October 13, 2020
Pam Hercik | TrustRadius Reviewer
At this time we use UltiPro for primarily time, attendance and report writing. This system is used most by Supervisors, Accounting and Human Resources. The system is very user-friendly to all users and can be accessed by multiple pieces of technology.
  • Payroll - the report writing makes completing payroll very simple.
  • Time Management - actual live data as well as information from the past when running reports.
  • Information Housing - so much information is housed and you can easily drag and drop to make reports.
  • Customer service- While you can call them 24/7, chat online or get your account manager to assist, sometimes it would be nice if your account manager was more helpful.
Great for a one-stop solution, but with high pricing. This product has everything you're looking for and then some. They actually listen to their customer's likes and dislikes to make the solution better in the future.
  • Time savings
I have saved 3 days a week on payroll alone by using UltiPro. The process is completed in about 3 hours from start to finish instead of 3 days. This system is pricey, however, we're saving money by having one solution instead of paying for multiple platforms.
Great support 24/7! Even on a Saturday or Sunday.
Yes - The release went off without one issue. The transition hasn't change our daily business at all. We look forward to see what the merger will do for our company and were sure it will only be positive.
Read Pam Hercik's full review
November 18, 2020
We use UltiPro as our system of record for HR and Payroll. We utilize Onboarding and Performance Mgmt as well. Our staff has access to pay stubs and personal data. Our managers submit status changes, pay changes and evaluations using UltiPro. Essentially, we have eliminated about 90% of our paper process. It has provided many efficiencies from a benefit enrollment, payroll and employee maintenance process. We are able to track changes and help reduce errors.
  • UltiPro tracks every change made in the system. We are able to trace back to the originator any change in question and it keeps the historical data for us. When a manager submits a pay change for an employee, they are able to see historical information that may impact their decision.
  • UltiPro's reporting feature is superior to any system I've ever used. I am able to easily find what field I need to report on and can mix and match what level of detail I choose.
  • UltiPro's customer service is top notch! Whether it's using case management, utilizing the chat feature (amazing!) or searching for an answer myself in knowledge base, they have mastered the level of customer service busy HR professionals need day to day. You have many options to find your answers based on the severity of your need and the timeliness of your solution.
  • A local user group would be great where we can meet and brainstorm with other UltiPro users about functionality, setups or best practices.
  • I'd like contingent requests to be active on the effective date rather than waiting until payroll closes. We are consistently getting calls from managers and employees wondering if their request was approved or why it wasn't viewable.
  • Performance management and assignment of goals could use some improvement. We have limited flexibility because we don't use this function throughout the organization.
Having used UltiPro at two other employers and implemented it for two out of the three, I feel UltiPro is extremely intuitive. It also offers the user many tools to execute what they need or find information at their fingertips. Where it's the knowledgebase or the quick tours, etc, UltiPro is there for you in many different ways.
  • Security and peace of mind
Absolutely. Prior to UltiPro, we used Ceridian's Latitude product. The Latitude product didn't talk to each other within the modules so there was increased risk of error by manually entering into each area. We have improved our efficiency because of the lifecycle and flow of the employee information. Onboarding has become a positive rather than a paper mill in filling out all the new hire paperwork and acknowledgements. Our managers are thrilled they can take 3 seconds to submit a status change or merit increase rather than filling out a form to submit. They can easily track the progress of these requests as well. Employees love having their pay information at tier fingertips and calls requesting duplicate W2's and 1095c's have ceased.
By far the best customer service we've had with any of our vendors. I love the multiple ways you can get a solution. And you also have the ability to track your answers.
October 30, 2020
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) is used by my organization for typical payroll functionality in a small to mid-sized organization. For our HR department, it’s a great tool that allows for efficient employee processing. For employees like me, its also a seamless interface giving access to all our payroll related information. The ease of use and simple design really make it a strong software product.
  • Clear, intuitive design makes it easy to learn how to use
  • There’s particular emphasis on how well it interfaces with other related systems
  • The downloadable app is particularly useful for remote work situations
  • I think that UKG Pro could benefit from a higher profile in the industry. I’d never heard of it before starting to use it.
  • UKG Pro is a very solid product, but it’s not the only option out there. It could work on differentiate itself more as a software solution from its competitors.
  • It’s tax modules could be built upon
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) has served very well as a payroll solution for our company as it does respond to the needs of a smaller organization that has to respond quickly to changing market needs. This has been highlighted by their support team, as well as their solutions to remote work scenarios brought on by the current climate and the Covid pandemic.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) has certainly let us do a lot of of our HR tasks efficiently. With the help of their support team, we’ve managed to keep a lot of tasks in house, which has proved cost effective. End users have adopted the software relatively quickly as well, which makes a lot of things in this area go smoothly (no messy IT adoption issues).
Support is very good, and they seem to be always responsive to our needs. Their support team knows the software well and we’ve encountered no real bugs or issues. It is a somewhat costly component of the overall price tag, but then again it’s always been my experience that good software support never comes cheaply unfortunately.
October 20, 2020
The entire organization uses UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) for Payroll, time tracking, employee record keeping, recruitment, HR workflow, training records, advancement planning and employee HR communications. We are gradually adding more HR functions to it as we become more accustomed to the product. Different divisions use it more or less completely, and we have a goal for eliminating our outside tracking applications.
  • Payroll calculations are trouble free.
  • Workflow for HR Actions works well where it is supported.
  • Year end reporting is very clear and concise.
  • Integration between the different modules is weak. Payroll and time tracking obviously came from different sources and behave differently.
  • Record keeping for interns and other non-payroll personnel has not been effective
  • The new hire requisition piece used different rules for hiring approvals than the termination and job change pieces.
We have 850 employees and we are at the bottom end of the size that Ultipro likes to support. Tech support is sometimes weak. We have to lodge a ticket and waid for a callback. Sometimes this callback takes 3 days or more. There is an escalation process for high priority items, but items that are not time sensitive (like getting out a payroll) are still high priority to us.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Our workflow is much simpler than under our previous solution. We are disappointed that we still need to maintain external solutions to deal with some of our business partners. Also, the UKG Pro Single Sign-On was not working for our organization, which had both Active Directory and Google hosted accounts. UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) could only talk to one of those.
There are no manuals for this product. There are a large number of both training videos and instructor led classes (taught remotely). These are good as far as they go, but do not cover all aspects of the application. Cognos training in particular is very weak. That is the included reporting tool, and it could use more support.
Response to issues is via callback, usually within 6 hours, but occasionally taking 3 or more days.
December 22, 2020
UKG Pro is used by all employees including our corporate office and 120 locations across the US. We utilize the following modules within UKG Pro---Payroll; Open Enrollment/Life Events; Performance Management; WFM (Time, TOA, Scheduling); UKG Mobile App; LMS.
  • Easy Payroll Processing with user friendly features (retro pay calculation, minimum wage validation; pending pay functionality).
  • Document acknowledgement tool.
  • Configurable ESS and Manager Self Service Workflows.
  • Configurable landing page for easy employee communications.
  • Excellent service model.
  • Inbox (To Do) in core needs to better integrate the functions of modules outside of core.
  • Payment services is slow to work service tickets.
  • WFM setup is not intuitive; WFM is click intensive.
  • Turnover reporting needs more functionality options.
  • Interface file setup is not timely.
System is robust and has a lot of functionality. System can accommodate a complex business model. The system would most likely be overwhelming for a small organization where they lacked a system administrator who could oversee the platform.
Overall support is good. The one area that UKG struggles with is Payment Services support. The tax payment division appears a bit overwhelmed and it's hard to speak with someone there. All of the support is through their ticketing system.
August 26, 2020
The system is being used across the organization as an employee management tool. Employees have access to manage private information, retrieve payroll and benefits information, etc. Human resources manages the system as administrators and implements recruiting, onboarding, time management, payroll, performance reviews, compensation, reporting, etc.
  • User friendly--the system is aesthetically pleasing and easy to use on many levels.
  • Reporting--the reporting features are always being improved and are great.
  • Innovations--UltiPro always is looking for newer and better things to implement.
  • Recruiting is a pretty limited section of the system.
  • Time management and the core side of the system still struggle with jiving as slightly separate system pieces.
  • Reporting is good but could use some more flexibility in delivered reports.
UltiPro is an overall very robust system with tons of potential. It is very important to learn the system first in order to make your company work with the system, rather than trying to change the system to fit all your particulars.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are on our 11th year with this system and have unfortunately never utilized it to its full potential. We are currently working in HR specifically to improve all of our procedures.
The support is usually really great with UltiPro. Candidly, we are in a rough patch with this topic but have seen great efforts from UltiPro to reconcile our relationship.
December 02, 2020
[UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] is used across our whole organization, in the US, Canada, and now Mexico. We are also considering implementing in the UK and Brazil as well. We are a manufacturer, so 75% of our employees are hourly. We use UTA to track time and core payroll to pay everyone. We actively use Recruiting, Onboarding, Business Intelligence, employee self-service, etc. on a daily basis. It is the software of record for all of our employees.
  • Core works great and keeps every record, file, piece of data on all of our employees in one place.
  • Payroll works well and we have not had any problems in almost 6 years on the software.
  • BI is very helpful for reporting, and is an indispensable tool for our executive team.
  • As stated before, 75% of our employees are hourly so we use UTA to track their time and send that time to payroll. UTA has been the number one source of problems for us over the last 5+ years. We have configured it greatly to match our work processes but this has caused difficulties for us through the years. It is difficult for our supervisors and managers to use.
  • The other thing that compounds the issues with UTA is that trying to use BI with UTA is much harder than using BI for core. Data is hidden and field names are not known, so pulling reports out of UTA is very difficult.
  • The other problem with UTA/BI is that you can't combine data from core and UTA into one report, which causes you to jump trough hoops to get this data to our executives.
The core/payroll/HR piece I think would work for anyone. We are in manufacturing (BTW you don't have an industry drop down for straight manufacturing), but I think these products and the other modules would work for just about any type of industry.
Overall, I would say that the support has been good over the last few years. As UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] got bigger and hired more people, I believe that our support system got worse, and times dragged on. We are not in a great place right now so I am hoping that the Kronos merger will help with this.
November 23, 2020
We use Core with UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro), which is used across our entire organization as our HRIS platform. We process payroll and manage benefits, among other things.
  • Payroll
  • Management of information
  • Benefits
  • Ease of administration of the platform
  • Excellent customer service
  • They are improving the mobile app
  • UKG has already rolled out more robust benefits capabilities with Benefits Prime
I have used many systems and the best by far in my opinion is UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro). You do not have to have any formal training to pick up the system and run with it--the platform is very user friendly. And the customer service is unmatched in my opinion. Other vendors truly could learn a lot from Ultimate Software Group about how to approach and listen to the needs of your customers.
Their customer service is unmatched in my opinion.
November 23, 2020
We are using UKG Pro company wide. We currently use Time Management, Performance Management, Payroll, Core and have just added Compensation Management.
  • Payroll Processing.
  • Life Events/Open Enrollment.
  • Employee Documents.
  • Performance Reviews.
  • I can't think of anything at this time.
I really love UKG Pro. The company is continually updating and making improvements to the platform. I love the ease of use! Once you get the basics of BI down the reporting capabilities are really great.
The look and feel is very consistent which allows employees to feel confident using the system.
The support is really great. This year we ordered new time clocks and had a really great experience. We also recently implemented Compensation Management, and had a really great Project Manager.
November 22, 2020
We use UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) for human resources (onboarding, benefit management, etc.), accounting (general ledger interface, report generation, and business intelligence), and tax filing. Our manufacturing staff use the time management feature to track employee and temporary labor.
  • Rapid response support is great--prompt, pleasant customer support.
  • The ability to customize the platform for specific uses without endangering the integrity of the data.
  • Absolutely no issues with the tax reporting function.
  • The case management function needs attention. I have had difficulty getting my questions answered.
  • It has been difficult to get into contact with my named tax representative.
  • The benefits management side needs better reporting at the employee level--specifically a report that helps the employee see their benefits for one year, line by line, compared to another year.
  • Business intelligence reporting needs some attention--writing reports for the normal user is not very intuitive.
We have had wonderful success with implementation of UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro). The implementation team was knowledgeable and wonderful to work with. Our questions were answered promptly and explained. The Ulti-university classes were also great--especially the "on-demand" feature that lets us review any topic at any time. Our size of company has had great success with UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro).
Rapid response is exceptional. Our questions on payroll processing are answered promptly. The support involving case management has been sporadic at best. With this feature, it is often very difficult to get a response. Attention to upgrade the case management area would be extremely beneficial.
  • Online training
I love how all functions are available from a few selection screens--all my options are shown.
November 18, 2020
We currently use UltiPro as our main HRIS. We process payroll and benefits as well. Since our conversion last year, so many HR/Payroll functions have been streamlined and improved. Reporting in business intelligence has been tremendously helpful.
  • Payroll configuration
  • Reporting
  • Employee visibility
  • org charting
  • Benefits
  • Tax filing
  • Web Import Tool Ease
UltiPro is great for US-based businesses, small or large.
  • Costs savings
  • Time savings
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
we have achieved
Support, in general, is very helpful, friendly, and solution-driven.
Yes - Release went smoothly and information was readily available. No surprises!
November 18, 2020
When we went live with UltiPro in 2014, it was being used by approximately 500 home office employees, 100 users in our field force, and 500 retirees. We use it to manage time, process payroll, conduct performance reviews, merit increases, recruiting, on boarding, and most importantly, run reports. More recently in 2020, we went through an additional implementation to bring in commissioned field force to process payroll only for them. This added an additional 3000+ records. This will allow us to offer additional benefits to all employees instead of using IT coding hours to code complex benefit plans into an old system that our agents used to have payroll calculated on.
  • Reporting capabilities are fantastic and relatively easy to use with some training.
  • User friendly and intuitive.
  • Customer Service is outstanding. We may not always get the answer we want but response times and resolutions are quick turnarounds.
  • Ease of adding new earnings and deductions.
  • Business Intelligence reporting could be improved by making the selection of data easier to find. Perhaps including a search function rather than scouting through different tables and items.
  • The Compensation Management module is a bit clunky for administrators. It should function more like the Performance Management module since they are typically tied together.
  • The Time Management module could be spruced up to take out some of the extra information that confuses users - this isn't very configurable.
This is a huge step up from our mainframe environment and has reduced IT resources that were previously needed for reporting. It isn't perfect and can't meet everything we need but we are working with what we have and overcoming challenges.
We have had tremendous success with our account managers. Most of the support staff is easy to work with and there is a special payroll hotline that is available for immediate issues.
  • Self-taught
It is extremely user friendly and many functions work the same throughout the product so you can anticipate how specific functions can work.
UltiPro prides itself on it's uptime. We have had instances where it is down or we are unable to log in using SSO but these have always been short lived. We have had UltiPro since 2014 and it's probably been down a handful of times but have never lasted too long where work couldn't be completed the same day.
December 03, 2020
It has been used by our HR department to process all the HR matters for our employees such as payroll, talent, time and scheduling and engagement surveys. It helped us streamline our HR functions.
  • One for all your needs
  • Great customer support
  • Easy to train and implement
  • User Interface could be better
  • More Guidebooks for off time learning
Its good to use especially if you are a small firm and you want all your functions to be in one software.
It has helped us streamline our operations and HR functions and was easy to use.
The support team was very helpful and always responsive.
May 27, 2020
Tracy Ratcliffe | TrustRadius Reviewer
UltiPro is used by our entire firm, allowing all employees to view/update their payroll and benefit information, annually enroll in benefits via the UltiPro open enrollment process, apply for new positions within the firm via recruiting, and enter their time via workforce management. UltiPro also allows our managers to review/approve the time for their teams, as well as, make annual compensation and bonus updates in a streamlined process. The Business Intelligence reporting feature allows us to report on data at any given point in time for the many surveys and reports required by our industry. UltiPro On boarding has allowed to onboard new hires in a paperless process with electronic signatures and forms. There are many process enhancements we have been able to implement with the Ultipro product to create efficiencies and quality in our job responsibilities.
  • Business Intelligence reporting: it allows for point in time and can report on all data fields within the database.
  • Salary Planning: this has allowed us to take a completely manual process with excel spreadsheets and make it an online process with approvals and workflows. Once approved the data automatically flows over to the employee's HR record. This has saved a lot of time for the managers, Human Resources, and Payroll.
  • On boarding: we have taken a paper process and made it completely paperless.
  • Configurable: the ability to create our own fields for data specific to us, and place those fields on current screens for updating and reporting.
  • Workforce Management: this is the new time system. The pay rule calculations are spot-on, however, the end-user navigation and screen looks need enhancement and more end-user configurability
  • Recruiting form enhancement to include an application form to supplement the application process of a job opportunity. There is more information we request on an application that we would like to request via the recruiting process.
The reporting in UltiPro is excellent. UltiPro has also allowed us to pay our W-2 and K-1 employees so that all employees can take advantage of the complete self-service module.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have achieved this outcome along with may time saving opportunities because of the functionality of UltiPro.
Support has been a challenge, however, there has been improvement. Ultimate has an escalation process that is effective and they do listen to the voice of the customer.
Read Tracy Ratcliffe's full review
May 21, 2020
Bonnie Downey | TrustRadius Reviewer
UltiPro is being used across our company. The ability for employees to see their own data when needed by them cuts down the number of calls to the Payroll and Human Resources departments. Having their information available 24/7 allows our employees access to their data on their own time. Opening up UltiPro to allow changes initiated by our employees allows them more control of their data and gets them personally involved with the process.
  • Manages updates in a timely manner.
  • Forward thinking.
  • Stays up with technology changes.
  • Built a software for end users!
  • I would like to see history on job allocations.
  • I would like the ability to print multiple check stubs at 1 time.
  • I would like to see more standard workflow reports.

We have been a customer of Ultimate Software since 2004. We are so pleased that this is a solution for our whole company; Benefits, Payroll, Training, Safety and HR. We do not have to worry about our data being out of sync because it is being ran in several different software's.

Each year there are new and exciting enhancements added to the software platform that are relevant to our needs or a way to make our life's easier.

• Security and peace of mind
In our first year of leaving ADP to go to Ultimate Software, we saved over $100,000 and that was with conversion cost. With our previous provider, we had to wait on them for payroll. Now we have more control over the system and the data within.
My favorite part of the support is that here is a rapid response number that we can call if we have a payroll related issue and will be able to speak to a real person to get our issue addressed.
Read Bonnie Downey's full review
March 11, 2020
Mallori Barg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We just recently added Ultipro to our arsenal to combine a few systems that we were utilizing. We are using UltiPro for onboarding of our new employees from recruiting to new hire employee forms, performance reviews, benefits administration with self serve enrollment of benefits, and are working on rolling out the training portion to deliver training to our new hires and refresher training for existing employees. Previously, we were using one site for training, another for recruiting, another for benefits administration etc.
  • Training on how administrators use the system. They put in a lot of effort into ensuring you are set up correctly.
  • Improvements - they seem to be updating their system constantly to respond to their customer's needs.
  • Pulling in multiple functionalities into one system.
  • With the training feature, you can get to it from the main UltiPro login, but you can't get back to the main screen in UltiPro from the training menu. It's a one way link.
  • Setting up security access is very individual. This can be good so that you can define what each user actually needs, but it is tedious so that you can't just assign a pre-defined set of rules for a role and assign it to a list of individuals wholesale.
  • The benefits administration feature would be better if it would total up your costs for you as you chose your benefits from the available lists. You don't get a total until the end, which isn't ideal.
I think UltiPro will be a great solution if they keep updating and adding to their offerings. They are able to accommodate a lot of different functions within a business, but they need to focus on how their products are being used. Some of the linking and pairing would function better if it felt like an all encompassing system, rather than several systems linked together. If you like to customize items yourself for your business needs, you can do some of that with it's out of the box offerings, but a lot of it would have to be configured by their team. This puts limits on you as you would have to pay them to do these things for you.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are saving time by not having to enter employees information into several systems before being able to use them. We had employee data in several hubs, all disconnected from each other, so something as simple as changing an employee address had to be updated in several systems to be accurate. Using UltiPro, we have consolidated most of our HR administration uses under a single solution. We still have to enter some HR related information into our business system for project management purposes, but everything else is housed under one roof.
The trainer they assigned to us for the training portal was top notch. She would send us the covered items for each of the training sessions before and after so we had a review of what was covered in each meeting (of which there were several). She also kept a list of the outstanding items and made sure to follow up on the status and answer each of them quickly.
Read Mallori Barg's full review

Employee demographic data (511)
Employment history (528)
Job profiles and administration (505)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (497)
Organizational charting (430)
Organization and location management (448)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (359)
Pay calculation (484)
Support for external payroll vendors (234)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (26)
Benefit plan administration (453)
Direct deposit files (479)
Salary revision and increment management (384)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (336)
Balance details (354)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (298)
View and generate pay and benefit information (529)
Update personal information (529)
View company policy documentation (378)
Employee recognition (211)
View job history (521)
Tracking of all physical assets (143)
6.6
Report builder (497)
Pre-built reports (502)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (352)
New hire portal (353)
Manager tracking tools (286)
Corporate goal setting (193)
Individual goal setting (231)
Line-of sight-visibility (171)
Performance tracking (219)
Performance plans (279)
Performance improvement plans (225)
Review status tracking (284)
Review reminders (262)
Multiple review frequency (220)
Create succession plans/pools (115)
Candidate ranking (112)
Candidate search (115)
Candidate development (110)
Job Requisition Management (300)
Company Website Posting (291)
Publish to Social Media (227)
Job Search Site Posting (266)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (227)
Applicant Tracking (286)
Notifications and Alerts (272)

What is UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)?

UKG Pro™ is a global human capital management (HCM) solution. With it, users are invited to transform their businesses with a connected global workforce experience delivered through HR technology. From payroll to talent to service delivery to surveys, and everything in between, UKG Pro aims to be the powerful HCM suite needed to drive people-focused results.

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

Has featureNotifications and Alerts
Has featureRich Workforce Insight
Has featureOne Unified Solution
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Videos (2)

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite ERP, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Competitors