UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Judy Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2020

Nothing but UltiPro for me!

Our company is an energy construction company with multiple subsidiary companies. Six of the twelve companies are now using UltiPro for HR and Payroll processing. The other companies came on to UltiPro within the past few months for benefits open enrollment and ongoing benefit administration and reporting. UltiPro allows more insight into subsidiary HR, Payroll and Benefits and a centralized place for administration and reporting and interfaces.
  • Ease of use - Someone with little to no training can come into UltiPro and within a very short time be able to find information, enter data, and create standard reports. With some basic payroll knowledge and training, the process of running payroll through the web interface is extremely easy. I've worked with other systems that are very cumbersome to set up, maintain, and utilize on a regular basis.
  • Payroll taxes - As a Payroll/HRIS Manager, I don't have to worry about whether taxes are set up appropriately to withhold at the proper rate for State and Local as well as Federal taxes. Having Ultimate do our tax fulfillment, they even update our unemployment rates as they receive notifications from the states. If the system and employees are set up correctly, taxes will be withheld correctly without needing to worry about whether or not reciprocity rules are being followed and any other state or federal law.
  • Reporting - Ultimate provides a large number of standard reports that are available to run for both HR and Payroll related activities. Where a standard report may not meet the exact needs of the organization, a Business Intelligence tool is provided (Cognos) so that you can create any type of report you need. While I am not a Cognos expert, I find it easy to use for my needs and can get most any information I want through BI. Ultimate will custom write any report I am not able to create on my own or provide assistance through support to answer any questions I may have.
  • General Ledger - General Ledger could be more user friendly to set up. I think if this functionality were moved to the web with a different type of interface than what is in the back office, it could make the process easier.
  • Employee Tax Setup - Although I love the overall functionality of how taxes are handled in UltiPro, I would prefer to get an error when adding a new employee in the web when a resident state is not set up for that company. Currently it gives a warning, but I've had occasions where I did not receive or did not see the notification sent by HR to set up the new state and taxes were not withheld for months on an employee. When you view the employee in the web, they look correct. But in the back office the resident state is missing and it does not calculate.
  • Communications from Ultimate - I have found that the communications coming from Ultimate on issues (e.g., taxes and wage attachments) are ambiguous. I don't always have time to log in to view a case they created and even then the communication is not always clear and it is difficult to reach the right person to get clarification. If the email sent had more detail, it would make my job much easier. Also, when they do create a case, if they would put some sort of reference in the field available so you can go back to it more quickly, that would be a huge improvement!
  • Print services - You need to have an option to have checks overnighted on the day of printing without paying a $200 fee if this is a normal request and not a late submission. Other payroll providers offer this service. Why can't Ultimate?
I've used Ultimate for many years and have seen it grow and improve through the years, from basic HR/Payroll to a full HR/Talent Suite offering. I would definitely recommend it to those who have a good knowledge of HR/payroll themselves. It is different than using a payroll service such as ADP or Paycom, and I prefer Ultimate, but if an organization needs more hand-holding, Ultimate may not be the best solution.
  • Security and peace of mind
We are currently using all of the UltiPro solutions -- HR, Payroll, Benefits, and all of the Talent solutions as well. We've also started using Perceptions. It is great to have everything in one database for ease of processing as well as reporting. There's no need for different logins and passwords for multiple solutions.
Support seems to be one of those things that goes up and down with UltiPro as the company grows. Over the 20 years I have used UltiPro, I have seen it go from absolutely amazing to not so great and back to really great. At the current moment I would rate support as being very good.
  • in-person training
  • no training
Read Judy Frank's full review
Ann Aguirre | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2020

HRIS with UltiPro

It is our HCM, and we utilize the core product for payroll/hr, UTA for time and attendance, Recruiting, and onboarding modules, as well as limited use of payment services. it is used across the whole organization.
  • Escalations for critical issues.
  • Payroll system and support.
  • Custom support development, having a better understanding upfront of expectations and needs so implementation and testing are smoother.
  • better communication across Ulti teams (support, project/development, 3rd parties).
  • More cohesive products that work well together and have the same look/feel.
Day to day payroll support is phenomenal. We also have a great CRM, Jay S., who always has our back, understands our account, and helps escalate appropriately and quickly.

Many of the applications are bolt-ons and the cohesiveness of the overall product isn't there. Each system has a different look, different feel, different support team, etc.

Reporting is also another pain point. Unless you are a professional report writer, BI is very complicated to understand and build reports. Also, very time-consuming. A better dashboard reporting/data warehouse view would be nice. As well as a simple query tool for nontechnical individuals.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
I think having various systems that integrated better and required fewer customization would be optimal for our organization.
This is the best part of Ulti. our team is great, very responsive. Jay is amazing at escalations.
Read Ann Aguirre's full review
Tracy Ratcliffe | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

UltiPro: A solution to be seriously considered and why

UltiPro is used by our entire firm, allowing all employees to view/update their payroll and benefit information, annually enroll in benefits via the UltiPro open enrollment process, apply for new positions within the firm via recruiting, and enter their time via workforce management. UltiPro also allows our managers to review/approve the time for their teams, as well as, make annual compensation and bonus updates in a streamlined process. The Business Intelligence reporting feature allows us to report on data at any given point in time for the many surveys and reports required by our industry. UltiPro On boarding has allowed to onboard new hires in a paperless process with electronic signatures and forms. There are many process enhancements we have been able to implement with the Ultipro product to create efficiencies and quality in our job responsibilities.
  • Business Intelligence reporting: it allows for point in time and can report on all data fields within the database.
  • Salary Planning: this has allowed us to take a completely manual process with excel spreadsheets and make it an online process with approvals and workflows. Once approved the data automatically flows over to the employee's HR record. This has saved a lot of time for the managers, Human Resources, and Payroll.
  • On boarding: we have taken a paper process and made it completely paperless.
  • Configurable: the ability to create our own fields for data specific to us, and place those fields on current screens for updating and reporting.
  • Workforce Management: this is the new time system. The pay rule calculations are spot-on, however, the end-user navigation and screen looks need enhancement and more end-user configurability
  • Recruiting form enhancement to include an application form to supplement the application process of a job opportunity. There is more information we request on an application that we would like to request via the recruiting process.
The reporting in UltiPro is excellent. UltiPro has also allowed us to pay our W-2 and K-1 employees so that all employees can take advantage of the complete self-service module.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have achieved this outcome along with may time saving opportunities because of the functionality of UltiPro.
Support has been a challenge, however, there has been improvement. Ultimate has an escalation process that is effective and they do listen to the voice of the customer.
Read Tracy Ratcliffe's full review
Bonnie Downey | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2020

Customer For Life!!

UltiPro is being used across our company. The ability for employees to see their own data when needed by them cuts down the number of calls to the Payroll and Human Resources departments. Having their information available 24/7 allows our employees access to their data on their own time. Opening up UltiPro to allow changes initiated by our employees allows them more control of their data and gets them personally involved with the process.
  • Manages updates in a timely manner.
  • Forward thinking.
  • Stays up with technology changes.
  • Built a software for end users!
  • I would like to see history on job allocations.
  • I would like the ability to print multiple check stubs at 1 time.
  • I would like to see more standard workflow reports.

We have been a customer of Ultimate Software since 2004. We are so pleased that this is a solution for our whole company; Benefits, Payroll, Training, Safety and HR. We do not have to worry about our data being out of sync because it is being ran in several different software's.

Each year there are new and exciting enhancements added to the software platform that are relevant to our needs or a way to make our life's easier.

• Security and peace of mind
In our first year of leaving ADP to go to Ultimate Software, we saved over $100,000 and that was with conversion cost. With our previous provider, we had to wait on them for payroll. Now we have more control over the system and the data within.
My favorite part of the support is that here is a rapid response number that we can call if we have a payroll related issue and will be able to speak to a real person to get our issue addressed.
Read Bonnie Downey's full review
William Fried | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 22, 2020

UltiPro is a shining star

We leverage UltiPro as our HRIS/payroll and time management solution. We initially implemented core HRIS and payroll. In 2019 we added UltiPro Time.
  • HRIS employee data management
  • Payroll
  • Time management
  • On-boarding
  • Learning management solution
  • Performance management
I would recommend UltiPro because the solution is well designed, stable, functions well, and allows for a certain level of modification by the admin. Where we have challenges is with some of the other products like recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and learning. While the solutions offer general functionality there are other solutions in the market place that are more robust.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro has been a valuable option for our firm. We would like to consolidate more HR functions onto a single platform, however, some of the other products like Recruiting, OnBoarding, Performance, and Learning still need more features compared to what competitors offer. The security is excellent, we have never had an incident with UltiPro security.
Support is excellent. Responsive, kind, caring, patient. We have not had many issues with UltiPro support. Their knowledge base, community boards, and training (for free) are the best I have seen in the market place.
Read William Fried's full review
Analisa Afonso | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 22, 2020

Once you move to UltiPro, you are home!

Shoes For Crews is using UltiPro for HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, Recruitment, Talent Development, Learning, and Performance Review. It provides a comprehensive system backed by in-depth business intelligence reporting that provide invaluable information and insight into our HR processes and Analytics.
  • Ease of basic reporting
  • Clean user-friendly reporting
  • Excellent customer service response to manage cases.
  • Training of business intelligence
  • Tax reporting training
  • Transitioning new hire documents into UltiPro Core
UltiPro is fantastic! Customer Service is always there to help. Any corporation looking to consolidate systems and vendors could benefit from this system.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
As a company, we are not 100% there. There is so much to leverage in UltiPro that for a smaller HR department it is hard to cover all there is to learn and explore. More training prior to launch would have proven valuable. We love the system, now we just need to increase our ability to use it to its potential.
Customer service has been excellent. My tax rep is not always responsive.
Read Analisa Afonso's full review
Brittany Passer | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2020

The Ulti Peeps can be a great partner for your organization

Our entire organization utilizes UltiPro. It is our HRIS, ATS, Onboarding, Benefits, Document Acknowledgement and Payroll solution.
  • Modular based system - keeps you consistent with one system
  • The Ulti Peeps enjoy working for their organization, so a lot are great to deal with
  • Needs ability to have a mailing address and physical one
  • The customer service could be better - things fall through the cracks
UltiPro is a great system for an organization who wants to condense their systems. It is probably harder to manage when the system needs more customization. UltiPro is somewhat limited in functionality.
  • Other
It was cost and ease of the system for us. We did achieve it.
Their support is where they are lacking. They pass people around and I can often call and get different answers. Many of the support don't seem knowledgeable.
Read Brittany Passer's full review
Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 19, 2020

FLEXcon has been using UltiPro since 2005!

Across the whole organization since 2005. We use it for Payroll and HRIS.
UPDATE 2020: We have decided to implement additional modules over the next year to help streamline our processes (Onboarding, Compensation, Performance, etc.).
  • Their business intelligence reporting is among the best. The only downfall is it takes a lot of time to learn, but once you learn, their is endless reporting opportunity.
  • Strong customer networking with things like local user groups, BI exchange (so you don't have to write reports from scratch) and online groups.
  • I have noticed that their BI support has improved over the years. I can only assume that they recognized that their users need more hand holding as they don't always have time to spend on learning.
  • While there has been improvement, I still think BI support can improve even more. There have been many times where they still send me to put in a Service Request for something we need.
  • The training options are great! I would love it if they would have more live classes near Boston. Also, some one on one training would be outstanding because then you could use examples within your own company. Sometimes the regular classes just gives a high level knowledge, which isn't always enough.
  • Some of the items I am working on is an access matrix to understand who has what role and what access. This does not seem to be easy to find in the system.
Since we have had the system since 2005, there is really no reason to change it as it has been doing what we need it to for payroll. However, we are getting more and more lean training within our company and would love to be able to have an all in one system. We have iCIMS for recruiting, Kronos for time keeping and Ulti for payroll/HR. If the recruiting/onboarding was better and the time system (workforce management) was comparable, we may eventually switch.

We priced the data feeds a while back and found it to be VERY pricey. I would love to be able to get 4-5 feeds to the various benefit sites to help us become more efficient but it is not cost effective.

I have reviewed the comp and performance components and they do not fit with what we do. For one, we have a PFP system for our production EEs which works with production data found in other systems so there really wouldn't be a way to pull that info into Ulti.
  • Other
No, we have a LOT more we can utilize with UltiPro. It just will take time and money (if any consulting work is needed). We still need to do MSS, expand ESS, workflows, etc. in order to make the system what we need it to be. PLUS we want to look at future initiatives like PA, succession, etc.
Support has been great. The only issues I have is when I need a bit more advanced reporting help, they always say I need to put in a service request ($$).
Read Brandi Linden MSM, PHR, SHRM-CP, CAA's full review
Belva Newman | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 19, 2020

UltiPro: Great Product!

It is being used for Payroll, Benefits, and On-Boarding.
  • Cases are created to address problems we are having; great customer support.
  • Good training modules.
  • User-friendly system.
  • The time management section of UltiPro needs improvement.
UltiPro has a very strong, easy to understand payroll module. Time management, not so much.
Great support reps!
  • Online training
User friendly for the most part. Some employees have problems with their tablet or phone; may be user error.
Read Belva Newman's full review
Brittany Mays | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

UltiPro the PROs of HRIS

We use UltiPro across the entire organization, which is made up of 16 individual locations. UltiPro addresses recruiting, screening, timekeeping issues and much more.
  • User Friendly for the Team Members & Leaders
  • Reporting features
  • All in one system from recruiting to retirement of the team member
  • Additional training for Business Intelligence Reporting
I have recommended UltiPro to colleagues, most recently I recommended the system to an HR Manger looking for a company with an easy to use pre screening module.
  • Time savings
Our organization has been successful in saving time completing HR Administrative tasks by making the switch from our prior HRIS to UltiPro!
I love having multiple ways to get support from UltiPro! We can either call in, Chat, or create and track a case through the Customer Success Portal. I like having the ability to search for learning courses or training material through the CSP.
Read Brittany Mays's full review
Pam Hercik | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 13, 2020

Great Product

At this time we use UltiPro for primarily time, attendance and report writing. This system is used most by Supervisors, Accounting and Human Resources. The system is very user-friendly to all users and can be accessed by multiple pieces of technology.
  • Payroll - the report writing makes completing payroll very simple.
  • Time Management - actual live data as well as information from the past when running reports.
  • Information Housing - so much information is housed and you can easily drag and drop to make reports.
  • Customer service- While you can call them 24/7, chat online or get your account manager to assist, sometimes it would be nice if your account manager was more helpful.
Great for a one-stop solution, but with high pricing. This product has everything you're looking for and then some. They actually listen to their customer's likes and dislikes to make the solution better in the future.
  • Time savings
I have saved 3 days a week on payroll alone by using UltiPro. The process is completed in about 3 hours from start to finish instead of 3 days. This system is pricey, however, we're saving money by having one solution instead of paying for multiple platforms.
Great support 24/7! Even on a Saturday or Sunday.
Yes - The release went off without one issue. The transition hasn't change our daily business at all. We look forward to see what the merger will do for our company and were sure it will only be positive.
Read Pam Hercik's full review
Lisa Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

View from a Payroll User

We utilize UltiPro for our HR and Payroll solutions. We also have compensation (but not currently using) and recruiting. All employees use the self-service and utilize UTM for our time clock so it is used across the organization. We also utilize many BI reports for analytical reports in other areas such as budgeting, turnover and of course general ledger reports.
  • Payroll processing - I love the fact that you can update a check in real time. No canceling the payroll calculation just to update one check.
  • Payroll processing - The process from start to finish is simple and easy to follow
  • File transfer - I like the fact that I can run a standard report and send it to someone through UltiPro rather than email. Much more secure.
  • Deduction setup - There is an option for Deduction Start but no option for when it should stop if an employee terminates. The only selection is Stop deductions at termination. Our deductions go until the end of the month so we have to manually update them on the check in order to pull them in.
  • Model My Pay - Since the changes in the tax setup it doesn't seem to be working correctly. You use to be able to update your taxes and do a check calc to see if that is what you needed. I updated my taxes and did the model pay and was totally different than what was actually paid.
  • Tax filing - Issues that need resolving should be dealt with more timely. I have had a couple of cases out there for 6 months or more with no updates or responses and I keep getting letters adding more interest and penalties.
Although somethings could be done better, overall I prefer UltiPro over any other I have used in the 25 years of being in payroll. Having learning resources available for employees helps reduce employees reaching out to payroll to explain.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Payroll processing time was reduced from a FT overtime position to a PT position. And currently, with 1000 employees, we are operating with just one PT person to process payroll. By combining all of our HR and payroll into one system, UltiPro really helped streamline everything.
I feel customer support could be better. Not much contact with our service rep. Our cases go unanswered sometimes for a long time and when asked for a follow-up from our rep, she will send an email and then never follow-up after to see if it was taken care of. I also feel they should be trained better to resolve issues. I had a rep help me with an adjustment as it was my first time, and it was done wrong. Had to get others involved.
Read Lisa Smith's full review
Judy Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Time to overhaul some processes!

UltiPro is being used across the entire company. It is our main HRIS and payroll processing software. We use it daily for reports for several different functions.
  • Processing payroll: spot on every time.
  • Learning library: abundance of information.
  • Reporting options: anything you need, some easy, some complex.
  • Case management: Stop closing cases. Let the customer do it. Sometimes I enter a case, then get pulled into 4 other things and can't address the case for a bit. If it's closed I have to go search for it if I even remember it.
  • Stop over-communicating: I get emails I just posted a case, then maybe no email on the case and have to chase resolution or get 4 to 5 emails about it along with phone calls.
  • If I call rapid response don't tell me you will get me the answer and I don't hear for 20+ days. Just tell me you don't know but will work on it and update me weekly.
  • Tax processing needs a lot of improvement—too often I get a notification a filing is late/never received. What/why should we pay for the service if I am constantly chasing resolutions?
#1 is tax processing.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
No, we use benefit enrollment, 1095s, 401 enrollment, and ancillary benefits through another vendor as we are not confident with Ulti offerings.
Seems like you want to be supportive but don't focus on what is urgent to us. Paying taxes on time is urgent.
Read Judy Thomas's full review
J.R. Rowenhorst, PHR, SHRM-CP, CTRM | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Strong HCM suite for midsize organizations but lacks some integration and standard features many clients would expect

Across the entire organization by all employees. It greatly helps us manage and engage our workforce from recruiting to performance management.
  • Payroll and time off management is great for personal employee use.
  • Job applicants are easily brought into onboarding and core with little effort.
  • Menus, branding, look, and feel are very consistent and user-friendly across the platform.
  • UltiPro Recruiting is far behind other ATSs on the market especially given how crucial it is to recruit good talent; strong integration is needed with third parties like Linkedin, Glassdoor, Indeed, CRMs, email marketing, etc.
  • Data flow from one module to another and true integration needs to be improved.
  • All UltiPro data needs to be available in Cognos Analytics.
Great for midsize organizations. It might be too much for small businesses and not enough for large enterprises. It makes sense if you are looking for an integrated HCM suite, but is not the best if you need all the bells and whistles from best of breed solutions.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
For the most part, we have. We wanted a single platform for a consistent employee experience across our entire workforce and it has helped with that although we have lost quite a few features after moving from best of breed modules.
Support is quite strong and reactive and thorough. The biggest downside is probably the delay it takes to get a resolution from their development team.
Read J.R. Rowenhorst, PHR, SHRM-CP, CTRM's full review
Sarah Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Ultipro is da bomb!

We currently use several modules with Ultipro: Payroll, Time Management, Recruiting, Onboarding, Reviews.
We used to have different programs for all of the above. Now, it is more user-friendly and convenient for all employees. We are hoping to roll out the Ultipro mobile app in the coming weeks, which will be great for on the go. Having all data in one area is also useful for managers (especially during the pandemic) for ease of reaching out to employees. The Time Management module is adaptable with the changes, with new codes being added within a day, so we can track employee's activities during the pandemic.
  • Time Management: It is constantly evolving - an easy way to track time off and link it to pay
  • Payroll: A clean platform for running payroll, very user-friendly.
  • Onboarding: New employees have commented on how much they liked the onboarding process.
  • Time Management: A function where employees can see their future accrual for the year (so they can go into the negative and not worry).
Ultipro has changed the way payroll is processed. Although it takes longer to process and submit, the data we get out of payroll each period is much more substantial than what we used to do. Now we can track the cost of sick/vacation time. Employees can see their history or pay/salary changes, etc. in one area—a great user-friendly system.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Yes! Modules were previously all with different systems, many were just an Excel spreadsheet/word document. With Ultipro, everything is housed in one area making a great employee experience. There are many more modules which can be added to help enhance the user experience, and also assist with administrators who work in Ultipro on a daily basis.
Ultipeeps are always on hand for support. Cases are usually answered and resolved within 24 hours, and more complicated cases within a week. The case management tool is excellent.
Read Sarah Ferguson's full review
Susan Shires | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Wonderful System. Would like to expand to other modules.

Payroll and HR. Automated the PR system for us.
  • Reducing time for employee new hire entry for Payroll and HR.
  • Back office payroll is easy to use.
  • Reports, reports, reports. Wonderful.
  • Lookup for employees or supervisors: Make it the same, either search by name or lookup
  • A way to delete multiple uploads of Payroll without calling the Help Desk.
  • Controlling where direct deposit goes without calling Help Desk.
  • Easier BI reports.
Multiple payroll groups.
  • Security and peace of mind
We Got Ultipro to convert from a very antiquated system, so all looked good and did many things we needed.
Great support and I love the online chat.
Read Susan Shires's full review
October 20, 2020

HR Solution that requires dedicated on site support staff

The entire organization uses UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) for Payroll, time tracking, employee record keeping, recruitment, HR workflow, training records, advancement planning and employee HR communications. We are gradually adding more HR functions to it as we become more accustomed to the product. Different divisions use it more or less completely, and we have a goal for eliminating our outside tracking applications.
  • Payroll calculations are trouble free.
  • Workflow for HR Actions works well where it is supported.
  • Year end reporting is very clear and concise.
  • Integration between the different modules is weak. Payroll and time tracking obviously came from different sources and behave differently.
  • Record keeping for interns and other non-payroll personnel has not been effective
  • The new hire requisition piece used different rules for hiring approvals than the termination and job change pieces.
We have 850 employees and we are at the bottom end of the size that Ultipro likes to support. Tech support is sometimes weak. We have to lodge a ticket and waid for a callback. Sometimes this callback takes 3 days or more. There is an escalation process for high priority items, but items that are not time sensitive (like getting out a payroll) are still high priority to us.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Our workflow is much simpler than under our previous solution. We are disappointed that we still need to maintain external solutions to deal with some of our business partners. Also, the UKG Pro Single Sign-On was not working for our organization, which had both Active Directory and Google hosted accounts. UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) could only talk to one of those.
There are no manuals for this product. There are a large number of both training videos and instructor led classes (taught remotely). These are good as far as they go, but do not cover all aspects of the application. Cognos training in particular is very weak. That is the included reporting tool, and it could use more support.
Response to issues is via callback, usually within 6 hours, but occasionally taking 3 or more days.
August 26, 2020

Endless Process Improvement at your Fingertips

The system is being used across the organization as an employee management tool. Employees have access to manage private information, retrieve payroll and benefits information, etc. Human resources manages the system as administrators and implements recruiting, onboarding, time management, payroll, performance reviews, compensation, reporting, etc.
  • User friendly--the system is aesthetically pleasing and easy to use on many levels.
  • Reporting--the reporting features are always being improved and are great.
  • Innovations--UltiPro always is looking for newer and better things to implement.
  • Recruiting is a pretty limited section of the system.
  • Time management and the core side of the system still struggle with jiving as slightly separate system pieces.
  • Reporting is good but could use some more flexibility in delivered reports.
UltiPro is an overall very robust system with tons of potential. It is very important to learn the system first in order to make your company work with the system, rather than trying to change the system to fit all your particulars.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are on our 11th year with this system and have unfortunately never utilized it to its full potential. We are currently working in HR specifically to improve all of our procedures.
The support is usually really great with UltiPro. Candidly, we are in a rough patch with this topic but have seen great efforts from UltiPro to reconcile our relationship.

UltiPro is Great for Larger HR Departments

It is used as the HR software across the whole organization.
  • Processing payroll
  • Annual enrollment
  • Performance reviews
  • HRIS
  • Onboarding
  • Recruiting module
  • Learning center navigation
UlitPro is great for medium to large businesses, but it may be a little too robust for smaller companies with one or two people managing human resources functions.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have achieved these outcomes by using UltiPro. Everything we do as a human resources department is housed within or directly influenced by UltiPro. We have great control over the security of the platform, and we save a lot of time by having everything right at our fingertips in UltiPro.
May 20, 2020

UltiPro Will Work For You!

We currently use UltiPro as our main HRIS. We process payroll and benefits as well. Since our conversion last year, so many HR/Payroll functions have been streamlined and improved. Reporting in business intelligence has been tremendously helpful.
  • Payroll configuration
  • Employee visibility
  • Benefits
  • Tax filing
UltiPro is great for US-based businesses, small or large.
  • Costs savings
  • Time savings
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
  • Security and peace of mind
Support, in general, is very helpful, friendly, and solution-driven.

UltiPro Review

UltiPro is our one and only HRIS, and it is touched by the whole organization. We use it for payroll, annual enrollment, performance reviews, HR reporting, compliance, recruiting, onboarding, and record keeping. Our company has been using UltiPro for about 7 years, and we will not likely switch to another provider given how many features we use.
  • Annual enrollment.
  • Merit increase imports.
  • There has been a delay in communications about 2020 EEO-1 requirements.
  • The back office has a steep learning curve.
I think Ultipro is well suited for larger companies that can have a dedicated expert and one or two support staff to run it. I'd say it's a little too robust and difficult to navigate for smaller companies. There is another payroll/HRIS provider I used to work with that was a lot more intuitive, but not suitable for larger employers.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Our entire employee life cycle touches UltiPro, so we have definitely achieved consolidation of human resources administration. Our company only has one segment of the human resources functions that are not served by UltiPro, and that is our wellness program. We use a separate vendor to track rewards points, activity trackers, etc. We use UltiPro for literally everything else. I am not sure how we would function without BI.
I am not intimately acquainted with support.
Mallori Barg | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

UltiPro - Bringing all of HR under one roof

We just recently added Ultipro to our arsenal to combine a few systems that we were utilizing. We are using UltiPro for onboarding of our new employees from recruiting to new hire employee forms, performance reviews, benefits administration with self serve enrollment of benefits, and are working on rolling out the training portion to deliver training to our new hires and refresher training for existing employees. Previously, we were using one site for training, another for recruiting, another for benefits administration etc.
  • Training on how administrators use the system. They put in a lot of effort into ensuring you are set up correctly.
  • Improvements - they seem to be updating their system constantly to respond to their customer's needs.
  • Pulling in multiple functionalities into one system.
  • With the training feature, you can get to it from the main UltiPro login, but you can't get back to the main screen in UltiPro from the training menu. It's a one way link.
  • Setting up security access is very individual. This can be good so that you can define what each user actually needs, but it is tedious so that you can't just assign a pre-defined set of rules for a role and assign it to a list of individuals wholesale.
  • The benefits administration feature would be better if it would total up your costs for you as you chose your benefits from the available lists. You don't get a total until the end, which isn't ideal.
I think UltiPro will be a great solution if they keep updating and adding to their offerings. They are able to accommodate a lot of different functions within a business, but they need to focus on how their products are being used. Some of the linking and pairing would function better if it felt like an all encompassing system, rather than several systems linked together. If you like to customize items yourself for your business needs, you can do some of that with it's out of the box offerings, but a lot of it would have to be configured by their team. This puts limits on you as you would have to pay them to do these things for you.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are saving time by not having to enter employees information into several systems before being able to use them. We had employee data in several hubs, all disconnected from each other, so something as simple as changing an employee address had to be updated in several systems to be accurate. Using UltiPro, we have consolidated most of our HR administration uses under a single solution. We still have to enter some HR related information into our business system for project management purposes, but everything else is housed under one roof.
The trainer they assigned to us for the training portal was top notch. She would send us the covered items for each of the training sessions before and after so we had a review of what was covered in each meeting (of which there were several). She also kept a list of the outstanding items and made sure to follow up on the status and answer each of them quickly.
Read Mallori Barg's full review
Michelle Ober | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Ultipro offers a great payroll, HR, and reporting tool.

We use UltiPro for timekeeping, HR, and payroll across the whole organization. It gives our employees access to their information, securely, gives HR access to the employees, and helps us process payroll more efficiently.
  • Payroll processing: seeing instant results as opposed to mainframe processing and waiting for calculation results.
  • Ultimate listens to clients! If we're in the software and have an idea for an enhancement, we just click a button and submit that idea. If other clients vote on it, Ultimate implements it and delivers it to all of us.
  • HCM: flows seamlessly from on-boarding to payroll, and timekeeping.
  • Having a 225 day calculation for state taxes for baseball teams would be huge.
  • The ability to apportion taxes based on location (i.e. 20% CA, 10% TX, etc).
  • The ability to select mutiple W2s for different employees based on either job code, pay group, or department would be great as we have to save these to pdfs and email them for our players who have no access to the system.
I can't think of any scenarios where UltiPro is not well suited.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Ultipro has helped us work more efficiently, and besides the costs for service requests, the price is very reasonable for the processing and maintenance that we have to do.
Generally, the support is great. There are several options to reach someone: chat, case creation online, phone and I generally get answers very quickly. There have been high volume times where an answer is harder to come by, but that's the case anywhere. I believe Ultimate has better customer service than other vendors I've used.
Read Michelle Ober's full review
Jay Dotson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

UltipPro from a Recruiting Focus

The entire organization utilizes UltiPro. It addresses recruiting, onboarding, payroll, self-service, and performance.
  • Ulti manages payroll very well.
  • Ulti manages the performance management aspects well.
  • Ulti has good customer service.
  • Ulti is able to onboard effectively
  • The recruiting module has room for improvement.
  • Better communication to candidates in recruiting.
  • Emails should be able to CC others in the system.
  • White label email communication to candidates and managers. No-reply is easy to ignore.
  • Reporting needs to really improve in recruiting.
UltiPro is a very good HRIS system. Better tracking of candidates in the recruiting system would be an improvement. Req approval process is good. They recently made improvements to the offer letter process but the data is not reportable nor does it show up in the candidate presence. You have to check too many sections to know where someone is in the process.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
There is a lot less double-entry of information now that we have a seamless and integrated system. The ATS is not best in the breed but we make do with the system since it naturally integrates with the rest of the HRIS solution. The new offer letter function saves lots of time for us.
Updates are well communicated. I don't call in very often. I work closely with our HRIS team for most of my help.
Read Jay Dotson's full review
Adam Jolley | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

UltiPro Review by an HR Payroll Specialist and Onboarding Expert

UltiPro is used by all employees. Employees use it to track time management, request PTO, show PTO, etc. Employees also use it to complete their onboarding paperwork before their first day. Current employees use UltiPro to make changes to tax withholding and also have access to pay stubs, W-2s, and benefits enrollment. Managers can track PTO requests, time management, and OT.
  • Simple layout
  • Emergency helpline
  • Case management
  • Good customer service
  • Ulti Universe, layout is confusing.
  • Some customer service reps aren't thorough and don't read everything in submitted cases.
  • Better front page functionality.
UltiPro is a great system, especially for those with larger companies. I like the idea of case management, however, it is not effective with our company and it's size. Great onboarding layout, we've just implemented it and so far it seems easy to use and simple. Having time management in addition to UltiPro is convenient.
  • Security and peace of mind
Security seems like a priority with UltiPro with password requirements, two-point authentification, etc. However, sometimes it seems painful when an employee needs to reset a password and has to answer three security questions each time this happens. Maybe it's the way ours is set up, but I don't even know why those security questions are even asked. I haven't seen a time when they're asked besides making new ones whenever passwords are reset. That seems like a waste of time. We wanted to use UltiPro for safety classes with our employees, but it costs too much which prompted us to go with someone else. The new onboarding portal seems very simple and easy and saves a lot of time.
I've had some great support through case management and also the emergency helpline. I used the emergency helpline to add a levy on an employee's wages and it was so helpful. They turned a disaster into a solution.

I have had bad experiences with case management though. Someone didn't contact me for a month, and couldn't fix the problem. They then bugged me very often to close the case. That was irritating. There have been times when I have commented on a case that was being worked on and the person helping me ignored the comment. They later closed the case. Yikes. I will say that most of my experiences with case management have been good, but these two experiences were horrible examples of customer service.
Read Adam Jolley's full review

Employee demographic data (502)
Employment history (519)
Job profiles and administration (497)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (490)
Organizational charting (422)
Organization and location management (441)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (352)
Pay calculation (475)
Support for external payroll vendors (228)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (16)
Benefit plan administration (445)
Direct deposit files (470)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (376)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (327)
Balance details (345)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (289)
View and generate pay and benefit information (520)
Update personal information (520)
View company policy documentation (370)
Employee recognition (207)
View job history (512)
Tracking of all physical assets (137)
Report builder (489)
Pre-built reports (494)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (346)
New hire portal (344)
Manager tracking tools (278)
Corporate goal setting (188)
Individual goal setting (226)
Line-of sight-visibility (168)
Performance tracking (214)
Performance plans (272)
Performance improvement plans (220)
Review status tracking (277)
Review reminders (255)
Multiple review frequency (214)
Create succession plans/pools (112)
Candidate ranking (110)
Candidate search (112)
Candidate development (107)
Job Requisition Management (291)
Company Website Posting (282)
Publish to Social Media (219)
Job Search Site Posting (257)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (220)
Applicant Tracking (277)
Notifications and Alerts (264)

About UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)

UKG Pro™ is a global human capital management (HCM) solution. With it, users are invited to transform their businesses with a connected global workforce experience delivered through HR technology. From payroll to talent to service delivery to surveys, and everything in between, UKG Pro aims to be the powerful HCM suite needed to drive people-focused results.

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

Has featureRich Workforce Insight
Has featureOne Unified Solution
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Competitors