Unitrends Meets Today's Challenges
July 12, 2016

Unitrends Meets Today's Challenges

Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance

The Unitrends backup appliance is a simple and effect way to backup all our servers as well as provide the ability to archive those backups for off-site storage. The ability to restore either a single file or complete servers is an easy and quick process.
  • Restore single or multiple files.
  • Restore complete servers.
  • Archive backup for off-site storage.
  • Ensure that the new interface has the same capabilities as the old interface.
  • I purchased a 22 TB backup appliance, but it will only let me store 16 TB of data. Support has given me some excuse of "unique data", but the bottom line is that I still can only use 16 TB instead of 22 TB. This will be the single reason we may discontinue the use of Unitrends. Explaining your justification does not matter. I purchased 22 TB, I should be able to store 22 TB.
  • Increase your support staff and their technical level. Monitor your support calls so you can improve your support staff technical and soft skills.
  • In a recent example I was able to restore an entire server which minimized our downtime.
We purchased the Unitrends appliance to replace an older backup system.
  • r1soft
Their restore solution could not restore single files in folders that contain several hundred thousand files. Their backup software would time out and log you out before it was finished listing the files.

Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Feature Ratings