Easy and it works.
August 05, 2016
Easy and it works.
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use Unitrends Recovery Series for our whole organization. As a small IT shop with only one person, a simple reliable system is required. I selected Unitrends, installed and configured the system and haven't looked back since. It performs our backups and replicates to our off-site location without any intervention. Any time we have had issues, calling support is a pleasure. They answer quickly and fix any problem quickly and professionally.
- Backups. (I would hope so.) The files are backed up on the schedule that I configure. The wizards make configuring the schedules easy.
- DeDuplication. Having an off-site location is of course essential, being a small company, we can't afford huge 10 Gb pipes between our main location and our off-site. Having good DeDuplication means less data has to be transmitted and we can use a smaller pipe.
- Reports. I get an email about the status of the backups and replication every morning meaning that I don't have to log into the appliance to check, I can do it when I am checking my email in the morning.
- I personally had problems pushing the agents out to the servers from the appliance. The file was easily downloaded from their website and installed on the servers.
- Luckily we haven't had any really bad issues. Any issues we had where a file was corrupted or needed to be restored were completed in just a few minutes.
- EMC and Symantec Backup Exec
Price and ease of use were the main decision factors. Putting a more expensive or more complicated solution in would have been detrimental. Being a one person shop, I don't have time to babysit my backups.
It is great for a configure it and forget it solution. It works.