Quick and short.
October 08, 2022
Quick and short.
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Vena
Vena is used for financial reporting and budgeting. The budgeting process involved more than ten departments with at least 30 users.
- Vena is able coordinate budget users through workflow and setting deadlines.
- Financial reporting is done through excel.
- Vena is able to integrate with our custom software.
- There is a steep learning curve for new users.
- Interface can be more user friendly.
- Need more help to address mapping issues on reports.
Do you think Vena delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vena's feature set?
Did Vena live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Vena go as expected?
Would you buy Vena again?
- Month end reporting can be generated real time.
- Custom reporting can help with specific analysis of a group of accounts.
- When integration breaks, it requires a lot of back-and-forth work between support and our IS department.
The vendor has ongoing support where we can log tickets, and we do get a response back the same day or the next. Implementation was smooth but required a lot of user testing to ensure the integrity of the numbers.
We are able to drill down into our many departments and expense categories with ease and compare them to our budget.
Well-suited: When you have a lot of users who contribute to the budgeting process, the workflow helps to set deadlines and send out budget templates. It gathers information from all departments and summarizes them in a custom budget report that you can create. Less appropriate: If you are looking for financial reporting uses only, there are other software that is much easier to use (ex: drag and drop). Vena requires a lot of mapping work.