Great system to meet your HRMS needs.
January 27, 2015
Great system to meet your HRMS needs.
Score 9 out of 10
- Payroll, HR, Benefits
Overall Satisfaction with Vista HRMS
Vista HRMS is used across our whole organization as our HR system of record, for all our payroll and tax filing requirements and for our benefits administration including annual enrollment. Vista has provided us an integrated solution for our HR, payroll and benefits requirements. We have implemented an in-house solution that allows us easy access to our data in a secure manner that allows us to develop interanl reports and modifications to meet our business needs.
- I like the employee and manager self-service screens that are available to employees. They are straightforward and easy to use with little training needed.
- From a technical point-of-view, I like the fact that we can make modifications to the system using built-in functionality that does not require us to modify the base code. Also, with the use of Crystal reports we are able to access the information we need for reporting.
- Performance evaluation is one of the weaker areas, admittedly so by PDS, of the system. The delivered base system is quite simple for this area.
- Vista HRMS offers a very reasonably priced solution that performs the functions we need for our business.
- With a very small IT staff we successfully implemented all modules of Vista HRMS in approx. 6 months from start of implementation. Compared to other projects the cost to implement this system was very cost effective.
- We have been able to maintain our internal benefits, payroll & HR functions in-house with no additional staff at a significantly reduced annual maintenance cost.
We converted from Lawson/Infor's HRMS solution. This was becoming increasing difficult to maintain and the annual maintenance costs were many times higher than PDS. We evaluated Workday, Ultimate, ADP and several other software solutions during our evaluation phase. Workday was much more complicated than we needed. Ultimate offered a nice alternative but we did not like the fact that there are no options to modify the system to meet your needs. You changed your business to fit into their system. There was nothing we liked about ADP. One of the things we liked most about Vista (PDS) was that they are a small company that specializes in HRMS. Lawson/Infor is an ERP solution that happens to have a HRMS component. Workday and Ultimate our huge companies that seem to cater to bigger corporations. We feel that we are an important customer to PDS and that they actually listen to our suggestions. The support we have gotten from them is so much better than what we were receiving from Lawson.
As with any system/company the salesman make everything sound easy and like there will be no issues. This is not true with PDS or any system that you implement. I have been involved with implementing many different systems (including several HRMS systems) and this was a typical implementation. There is a lot of work to install the software, configure it, test it and convert all of your data. Do not underestimate the amount of work involved. The one thing that was unique with the PDS implementation is that we had one dedicated resource to assist us with our system setup and testing. It is very difficult for one person to be a subject matter expert in HR, payroll, benefits and technical aspects of the system. She did a good job of managing all parts of the implementation but was stronger in certain areas than others. We looked at in-house implementation vs. a hosted solution. I am very glad we went with the in-house solution. It may be a little more work initially to setup servers but the ability to access data and maintain control of your application is well worth it.