Overall Satisfaction with Vista HRMS
Vista HRMS integrates our HR and Payroll functions nicely and has been used throughout the organization for over 15 years. While our benefit and timekeeping systems are handled by other systems, the control of our data through easily customizable interfaces allow these systems to be seamlessly integrated into our enterprise. Self-service allows our managers and employees access to information and key job functions and the Recruiting module will be implemented soon.
- The core HR and Payroll functions work very well together out of the box but they can be modified to answer any business process. The system is completely configurable and will allow any number of custom fields not only to be created to capture data points, but to be used in custom procedures, wizards and reports. In the 7+ years I've been working with Vista HRMS, we have always been able to customize the application to meet our needs.
- Custom reporting from the Vista HRMS database is easy and can be completely integrated into the front end user interface. We've gone from hundreds of custom reports stored on back office computers to a few dozen reports accessible by managers and employees directly through the application.
- Interfacing with other systems is seamless and allows Vista HRMS to be our system of record. As of now, Vista HRMS is supporting 8 other business or 3rd party applications.
- I manage several systems and the support we get from PDS is like no where else. The entire phone support team is great and we've got to know many of them on a first name basis. PDS expends a great effort on their Users Conferences which are highly valuable to the organization. The intimate gatherings are a great place to let them know what you think of their software and they listen by regularly adding in our suggestions.
- We currently use another vendor for timekeeping and tracking. Our organization requires complex pay processing rules to handle both union and non-union employees and provides a scheduling component suitable for a 24hr healthcare facility. I understand that PDS has partnered with a vendor to provide a better timekeeping solution, but a few years back it still was not adequate for our needs. For the amount of time and investment it would cost to switch vendors and applications, the PDS offering would have to be spectacular.
- We also outsource our benefits and online benefit enrollment. We had used the PDS Benefits module for two years (2010-11) but with limited online enrollment functionality, changing benefit plans each year, and bundled enrollment processing from our benefit vendor, it became too time intensive for us to manually build and change the configuration each year and reconcile charges monthly. I have heard of significant improvements to the Benefit module and the online enrollment capabilities in recent years but plan to stick with what we have for now.
- Self service provides our employees access to their information and pay history reducing calls to HR. Managers use self service to manage employees and perform key functions reducing the administrative burden on HR
- Customizable business rules allow Vista HRMS to be completely integrated into our business processes resulting in increased efficiencies in nearly all HR processes.
For the most part, the Hosted version has all of the same benefits as the on-premise version. As a hosted client, we have direct VPN access to the database. Although access is read only, this is a huge benefit over most other SAAS or hosted applications. Bulk inserts and updates to the database are allowed, as are changes to the web front-end, you'll just need to submit your code to the hosting dept and have them review and execute it for you. The support team and hosting department are great and will help you do what you need to do.