Overall Satisfaction with Turbonomic (formerly VMTurbo)
VMTurbo Operations Manager is currently in use for our production systems. VMTurbo Operations Manager has helped the IT department automate some functions that required manual intervention. The time saved has allowed us to focus on priority projects and has given us an insight into how the virtual systems can be better optimized for the highest performance and reliability. By analyzing workloads and predicting possible resource contention and problems, VMTurbo Operations Manager has brought our optimization to its highest point which otherwise would have required someone to monitor VMware 24/7 with minor results compared to VMTurbo.
- Automated tasks. VM and storage moves ensure the best placement for resources.
- Risks and Opportunities. It can alert you to changes you may need to make to keep the environment running at its best. It will track the usage history and behavior of objects in the system to give recommendations.
- Planning. Can be used for "what if" scenarios. It can be used to simulate what would happen when you make changes to the environment.
- I would like to see, if it's possible, the ability to configure settings of hosts and VMs through VMTurbo Operations Manager.
- Increased efficiency for employees. Less time spent micromanaging the systems and more time spent on other projects.
- Helped calculate precise sizing for the physical and virtual systems, which we can use to save resources and spend less of our budget overall.
- Reporting tools make it easier to share data with team members or others for a better understanding of resource planning, techinal data and budget needs.
VMTurbo Operations Manager offered a greater control and understanding of data that was relayed. Automation in VMTurbo Operations Manager was easy to set up and easy to understand why each action was being taken. The planning feature in VMTurbo Operations Manager is also more full-featured, allowing you to plan for changes which could affect an entire datacenter or a single VM. Reporting in VMTurbo Operations Manager allowed more customized parameters when needing to gather specific data.
VMTurbo Operations Manager seems better suited for medium to large environments with dozens of hosts and hundreds of VMs or more. It's most useful to users who want to spend less time micromanaging their environment. It is also useful for those who need powerful reporting tools that can generate reports covering all details.