Overall Satisfaction with Turbonomic, an IBM Company
We use VMTurbo to right size our new VMs. We also use VMTurbo to move VMs to the host that will best provide CPU and RAM to the VM. We have gained further knowledge of how we can improve our VM performance and where to add resources as well as planning for the future.
- Workload placement, using trends from your own environment.
- Deployment placement for new VMs/Applications.
- Planning for the future based on trends and what you are planning to add.
- The ability to drill down to automation of tasks from the Dashboard where it advises you of something that needs to be done.
- Take into consideration what VMWare licenses you have and not recommend something you cannot do on your licensed version.
- Recommend removing host profiles that are already in place so that VMTurbo and VMWare do not fight over where to place a workload.
- We can see exactly how many new VM workloads our current environment can handle.
- Planning for the future.
- A proactive approach to VM placement.
At the time of purchase we didn't see anything that was on the same level as VMTurbo for VM management and application placement. VMware's native product is significantly lacking unless you can afford the higher level licensing model.
So far it seems that VMTurbo has fit a niche market that has been neglected by the native applications. It suits its purpose very well and brings added value to VM hosts that are underutilized. It also brings justification for adding hardware in the event you are over prescribed.