Overall Satisfaction with VWO
We have a unique organization where we have a central services team that assists 4 publishing groups. We implemented VWO for use in all teams. We are a direct response marketing company and wanted to leverage VWO for format testing across our promotional pages and order forms, as well as our fulfillment websites. The real value would have been to optimize our sales funnels using the tool.
- Multivariant testing async. We have a limited development staff, so having our marketers be able to control experiments was a big plus.
- Multiple dimensions for testing, allowing us to isolate tests based on device was a benefit.
- Screen recordings, being able to view customer recordings was valuable to see what people are doing on our pages.
- Heatmaps loaded very slow. We have very long form sales copy and VWO could not load the pages with a heatmap view a majority of the time.
- Google and Facebook slap. We were shutdown from running ads to pages that had VWO embedded in them as it was perceived as cloaking. This was the biggest issue for us as we rely on optimizing for display spend.
- Tt had neither a positive or negative impact. there was interest initially but after we could not use it when running campaigns on display networks. We had an adoption issue and could no longer justify the cost.
We have used conversion.com and Lucky Orange. This is the 3rd CRO tool we have purchased. I think VWO is better than the other two. We also evaluated Optimizely and VWO was the clear winner in terms of price and functionality. The one thing that VWO lacked that Optimizely had was the ability to add custom dimensions to users for more granular business-specific testing segments.