VWO Review 14 of 73
User Review: "A Candid Opinion on VWO from Mad Paws"
Christopher Nheu profile photo
September 18, 2018

User Review: "A Candid Opinion on VWO from Mad Paws"

Score 7 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VWO

We're using it primarily for Heatmaps and Session Recording. We want a bit of quantitative data to back up our user research which powers our product decisions. It hasn't quite spread beyond the product team yet.
  • Very powerful heatmaps and scrollmaps.
  • Great screen recording with segmentation capabilities.
  • Point and click interfaces for heatmaps. No need to use manual selectors or code.
  • Usability. There's so much to take in and what feels like a steep learning curve.
  • Performance. The app feels really clunky and slow.
  • It's helped us find usability issues quickly (through screen recordings). This would've saved us time and hours otherwise looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Yes. We use it for usability research. E.g. IA and visual hierarchy decisions can be driven by where people are clicking and where people are drawn to.
We had bugs we encountered, but were unable to reproduce them. VWO showed users struggling with an issue and gave us the browser version. This let us use that to reproduce the issue and fix it.
N/A. Have not used this yet.
I think for us at the time it was a balance of cost and feature set. But honestly I'd love a cheaper solution which is easier to use.
Seems like it's built for the type of person who has 40 hrs to spend a week on CRO. I have 1-2 hours. I want to be in and out to create a test. Then back in when we have some data. Analyse it, and be out again. There's a huge cognitive load using it, especially as I don't use it daily.