Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
At SCS Technology Solutions we use WatchGuard as our main security vendor, reselling a substantial amount of their core services and products, ranging from WatchGuard Fireboxes to Authpoint licenses on both an annual and MSSP (monthly) basis. Of course as a reseller we also use WatchGuard products and services in-house, having multiple NFR Fireboxes with full Total security services, with some not only protecting our own network but also being used for internal training purposes as we are a WatchGuard One Gold Partner.
- WatchGuard [is] at the forefront of innovation when it comes to network security, always striving to bring out the best new hardware and always looking to improve on services already being provided.
- As a reseller, their pricing structure is great with amazing UK-based supply chains and suppliers you can trust. The ability to deal reg large orders offers even SMBs the ability to access WatchGuards enterprise-grade security at affordable prices.
- Ease of use - WatchGuard have always had an easy to use yet detailed management solution, with that being WatchGuard System Manager (WSM), to add to the above point regarding innovation WG are moving with the world and taking their management to full cloud, starting with the new Access Points released this month.
- Perhaps expanding the devices and services that be purchased through the MSSP model, as this is a purchase part we as SCS use a lot. Particularly the new APs being added to MSSP would be great.
- RMA of devices can sometimes be complicated by poor logistics - pre-paid labels are not ordered/paid in the correct manner by the WatchGuard logistics team.
- WatchGuard has always had a positive impact on our business, the main reason being its products always create return business, as a reseller, if the customers [were] happy then we will maintain not only our WatchGuard sales but all other sales that go along with that.
Implementation was fantastic for us as we did install ourselves however because of the easy quick delivery of the device to then the ability to simply move a config from an old firebox to a new one is seamless and invaluable as the engineer does not need to recreate all the firewall security policies saving time and therefore money.
Licensing is one of WatchGuard's many strong points, licensing is easy as with annual renewals it's simply one license key that provides a bundle of services that the customers require, whether that be standard support, basic or total security. It's always one key per order, MSSP has keys that renew monthly which may seem harder however it is not. The auto-renew the feature key and the firebox drags the new feature key from WatchGuard.com every month automatically. No renewal is required on MSSP boxes.
Do you think WatchGuard Network Security delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard Network Security's feature set?
Did WatchGuard Network Security live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard Network Security go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard Network Security again?
WatchGuard is well suited in all vertical markets for protecting businesses - with our range of customers we primarily use it to protect customer's networks using WatchGuard firewalls with easy monthly payments using the MSSP program, this suits all types and sizes of businesses as the payments and low and easy to manage. Most of our customers are more than okay with costs of Access Points when it comes time to replace old devices however this is where WatchGuard could do slightly better as the large upfront costs of the Access points is enough to scare some smaller customers, in these scenarios other Access Points may be better suited to save that smaller customers budget. This is why I believe adding APs into WGs MSSP offering would be very beneficial.