Overall Satisfaction with Winshuttle
We use Winshuttle for master data creation and updates primarily but I also use it for transaction data creation for testing during upgrades. Right now we have a Master Data department using the tool as well as the Purchasing Department and I use it all the time here in IT. It's a very quick easy way to make mass updates in a quick timely manner.
- Can make changes to Pricing Conditions which would require several steps for each one. Great time savings.
- We create Cost Centers and Profit Centers directly in Production so I use Winshuttle to extract from Production and create in Development and Test systems so they are in sync.
- We had to void about 5k old unused checks from a marketing campaign and instead of having to individually do each one, I used Winshuttle to do them all saving hours.
- I have not encountered anything that I need Winshuttle to improve or do differently.
- It certainly saves lots of time, with better accuracy but I do not have it quantified.
I have not evaluated other tools except SAP LSMW and Winshuttle is much easier to use.
Once you have Winshuttle, you never want to be without it.
Winshuttle is well suited for Master Data creation and changes. Transaction data creation can be much more challenging but not because of Winshuttle limitations but because of all the different options that might pop up based upon what type of customer or material being entered.