Overall Satisfaction with WooCommerce
I develop WordPress websites for a wide variety of clients and I use the WooCommerce plugin to handle all their ecommerce needs. I also purchase and setup various extensions and add-ons as needed for dealing with their unique shipping needs, customer management, discount programs, etc. I then train them on how to add new products to their shop as well as how to edit the initial ones I have set up for them.
- Woocommerce is very easy to install and functions consistently from theme to theme in WordPress. I have used it on many different themes but can always trust that it will work well and that the set up will be the same. I also appreciate that updates do not mess up my current installs of WooCommerce.
- I am very happy that there are so many different extensions available to meet whatever specific needs each of my clients might have. For example, I have a client who needed a way to give a discount on bulk orders and it was very easy to find an add-on to do just that, saving me tons of hours of custom programming.
- I also appreciate that updates do not mess up my current installs of WooCommerce. I have not found new updates to be "buggy" - they appear to be well tested before being rolled out.
- I would like more flexibility in some of the wording in places like the confirmation emails, etc.
- I would also like table rate shipping to be included in the core plugin. It is something I have needed to add to almost every install so including it would save me a lot of time and money as a developer.
- One simple request is that I can apply a single price to all variations of a product as a default if I want. Say I have 10 sizes of an item but they are all priced the same. As it is, I have to enter the same price 10 times.
- I didn't create ecommerce sites for years because it was too labor intensive as a programmer. However WooCommerce makes it so much easier for me to offer ecommerce sites to my clients. Thus expanding my business.
I ask my clients how they ship their products, how many products they have, what variations of products, etc. A scenario where WooCommerce doesn't work well is when I need to capture more information from the buyer. Another one is event ticket purchases, there are other plugins that handle that better.
WooCommerce Feature Ratings
3 - As the lead developer, I install and set up WooCommerce for my client websites. My team also helps add products and edit existing ones. We also install and set up several extensions based on the needs of that particular project such as shipping methods, customer management add-ons. And then I also train the clients how to update their products.