Overall Satisfaction with WooCommerce Subscriptions
We use WooCommerce Subscriptions to manage and track our long term subscription orders for both retail and wholesale customers. It's an integral piece that we have slotted in specifically to manage some of our Wordpress tailored micro-websites where we offer a subscription model for our products. The plugin is easy to use by our sales staff, and pretty easy to work on in our IT department. We limit ourselves on how 'crazy' we get with customizing the plugin, though, due to complicating matters (updating code) when core updates come through on the plugin.
- Ease of ability for customers to purchase a product and choose their re-occurring timelines.
- Well laid out admin UI to manage orders
- Fair amount of customizable options within the plugin to suit varying needs
- Updating the plugin is quick and painless
- The front end display on how subscriptions are shown is ok - and a bit tough to really modify the look (from a coding perspective - there's a lot of hooks)
- Customizing the plugin beyond it's core features becomes challenging (especially when it's time to update)
- It's a paid model, so you have to fork over money every year to continue to get updates
- Simplifying the front end order process of subscriptions to our customers
- Ease of tracking and managing orders on the admin side
- Ease of upgrading the plugin long term (saves the IT department time)
- ROI has increased from offering our customers a simplistic renewal method
- Time has been saved for the sales and IT departments working in the admin on subscriptions
- Ability to quickly grow our subscriptions which gives us a recurring revenue stream
We liked that WooCommerce Subscriptions was easier to implement, use, and (slightly) modify over Shopify's subscription model. We can implement and grow Wordpress and WooCommerce (with subscriptions) on our micro-sites fairly quickly and without much long term hassle. The UI is pretty easy to navigate, and the code is a bit simpler than Shopify's (from what we reviewed).
Do you think WooCommerce Subscriptions delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WooCommerce Subscriptions's feature set?
Did WooCommerce Subscriptions live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WooCommerce Subscriptions go as expected?
Would you buy WooCommerce Subscriptions again?
WooCommerce Subscription solves most companies need to simply sell subscription models for products (tangible and virtual). It's easy to implement on top of WooCommerce itself, easy to manage the subscription models of how the products are sold, and easy to customize some basics around the front end UI. Overall, it's really a good plug-and-play model that doesn't require hassle.