Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at a retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, and the Shopify POS application to power retail sales. Shopify is used by over 90,000 retailers in 100 different countries.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8F/qW/UWLT3CZD62CU.JPEGTechnology can help you be your own boss.I must confess that I use this product only to carry out a personal project of a third person. My company has its own web page. In this sense, I want to tell you that during the time we were in this project, it was very useful for me and I learned it for myself. I have always played in the role of a computer, but when you discover the world, you may see something on your computer screen and you can go shopping virtually or do other things, and your amazed. I said that I have been reborn. I have discovered the communication highway.,One of the pluses with Shopify is that it offers unlimited storage and bandwidth. This can be helpful because you have no limitations on how quickly high-quality images, video or other content loads on your site, and you can have as many of these things on your website as you need since there’s no storage limit This eCommerce platform integrates with online stores like Amazon and eBay, so if you’d like to sell your merchandise through these tools, Shopify can help you track sales and inventory. With Shopify, creating and launching an online store is a matter of seconds. An important advantage is the practicality to open an online trade in a very short time. The platform guides you step by step in the process of setting up your own store, customize it to your liking, develop the design and, finally, add your products,Some of the features of Shopify are not very customizable. There is great adaptability in terms of design and payment gateways. However, the Checkout process is more standardized, it only gives you room for some modifications of the appearance. There are free hosting platforms and, in front of Shopify, the price could be a disadvantage. But free options will never have the same characteristics, support and benefits of a payment platform. It is necessary to evaluate what is intended to be achieved and the business plan in a medium or long term The helpline telephone service is currently only available in English, as are several parts of its website and the informative materials. We have in mind that the models are limited and we run the risk that another merchant has, in appearance, the same view or mode,9,As a personal project, it has filled me with satisfaction from the intellectual point of view. In the economic part, I have done very well since I am a counselor for this type of projects The objectives of the project have fully met sales through the Shopify portal that are on the RIS,,Databox, Microsoft Project, Trello,Not available,B2BEasy eCommerce with ShopifyShopify was being used across the whole organization. I used it to list a curated list of products. The reason I used Shopify was because it allowed me to create a website in a clean manor with minimal time and also accept payments. It also had a free trial of 60 days which allowed me to play around with the design of my website before launching live.,Easy to begin using Lots of tutorials available Offers nice layouts even with free themes,All the apps make it pricey. I wanted to add things like currency converters and other email marketing which would have bumped my monthly fee up by 100%. A low barrier to entry means there is more competition in the eCommerce space.,8,Shopify became a little to expensive for me.,Weebly, WooCommerce and WordPress,Trello, MailChimp, HubSpot CRM,Less than $20,000,B2C#1 C2B & B2B ecommerce solutionWe have used Shopify to design and develop an eCommerce store for selling products. Using Shopify creating a store is fast, easy and does not require knowledge in software development. Shopify also has great store management features to manage products, collections, tags, and order.,Free and premium themes 14 days free trial Availability of apps Products and orders managment Shipping tracking,Exporting store to different host,10,Increased sales Reduced cost of operating a store Increase in customers,$20,000 to $100,000,BothEasy for ecommerce!It is being used across the sales department. We built us a shop online and are selling everything we can on it. It addresses the problem of having to go through Amazon or setting up shop on Craigslist. This has made us a lot more successful in selling things. We also don't have to go to many trade shows anymore s it has saved us money there.,There are many options to build your storefront the way you want it to look. The number of apps you can add for free is awesome. Inventory counter, customer service, help us be better. One of the best things is their support line is really good and helpful.,The transaction fees can be hurtful to the company. The apps are great but they can add up when you start buying a lot. Some of the coding that you have to know can be challenging if you really want your store to look like you want it to.,8,It has boosted sales by a bunch- do not have the exact number It has kept customers from coming back because it is easy to shop,$20,000 to $100,000,B2CPersonal Use Gone Professional with ShopifyShopify was identified for a lead generation and conversion initiative for one of our business teams. Some of the requirements included the ability to process no-charge orders (samples) as well as e-commerce. The ability to automate communications throughout the buyer's journey (e.g. cart-abandonment communications, order confirmations and follow-ups) was a must-have. Additionally, the system needed to hold the capability to integrate with various third-party shipping applications (e.g product fulfillment). Because of the comfort in using the platform, Shopify POS was used by inside sales stakeholders as well as marketers who were transacting at industry tradeshows, providing value far beyond initial scope.,User interface - simple to navigate customer data, and segment (e.g. how many customers have placed more than 1 order during a campaign). Reporting - Robust data with the ability to segment. Discount/promotional code management and measuring effectiveness.,Delay in exporting orders. some orders can be directly downloaded while logged into the system. often I wanted to look at full order history which involved an emailed .zip link to be shared. probably our servers, but it took longer than desired. More advanced filtering on the orders. Often times we would like to segment/filter a multi-order vs. initial order and want to do so directly in the order tab.,10,Customer segmentation capabilities Customer path to purchase research,,Marketo, Slack, ShipStation, Box, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Crimson Hexagon ForSight,Not available,Both
Shopify

Shopify Reviews

Shopify
Top Rated Award
Filter 173 vetted Shopify reviews and ratings
Marlon Seijas profile photo
October 05, 2018

Shopify Review: "Technology can help you be your own boss."

• One of the pluses with Shopify is that it offers unlimited storage and bandwidth. This can be helpful because you have no limitations on how quickly high-quality images, video or other content loads on your site, and you can have as many of these things on your website as you need since there’s no storage limit
  • This eCommerce platform integrates with online stores like Amazon and eBay, so if you’d like to sell your merchandise through these tools, Shopify can help you track sales and inventory.
  • With Shopify, creating and launching an online store is a matter of seconds. An important advantage is the practicality to open an online trade in a very short time. The platform guides you step by step in the process of setting up your own store, customize it to your liking, develop the design and, finally, add your products
  • Some of the features of Shopify are not very customizable. There is great adaptability in terms of design and payment gateways. However, the Checkout process is more standardized, it only gives you room for some modifications of the appearance.
  • There are free hosting platforms and, in front of Shopify, the price could be a disadvantage. But free options will never have the same characteristics, support and benefits of a payment platform. It is necessary to evaluate what is intended to be achieved and the business plan in a medium or long term
  • The helpline telephone service is currently only available in English, as are several parts of its website and the informative materials.
  • We have in mind that the models are limited and we run the risk that another merchant has, in appearance, the same view or mode
In the beginning, this platform was ideal for small businesses, however, it has already proven the falsity of such a claim, because with the service package plus stores with very high traffic can work better with Shopify than with open source software. Although, working with open source guarantees greater control of content and background changes.
Read Marlon Seijas's full review
Daniel Choi profile photo
September 07, 2018

User Review: "Easy eCommerce with Shopify"

• Easy to begin using
  • Lots of tutorials available
  • Offers nice layouts even with free themes
  • All the apps make it pricey. I wanted to add things like currency converters and other email marketing which would have bumped my monthly fee up by 100%.
  • A low barrier to entry means there is more competition in the eCommerce space.
Shopify is suited for people who are beginning ecommerce. They offer the best way to make a website and integrate payments. It is also suited for businesses who have expertise in their products but not necessarily in website design and coding.
Read Daniel Choi's full review
Peter Kanyi profile photo
June 18, 2018

Shopify Review: "#1 C2B & B2B ecommerce solution"

• Free and premium themes
  • 14 days free trial
  • Availability of apps
  • Products and orders managment
  • Shipping tracking
  • Exporting store to different host
Shopify is suitable for a business that have been selling commodities but would like to start selling online as well as businesses that would like to start products online only.
Read Peter Kanyi's full review
August 20, 2018

Shopify Review: "Easy for ecommerce!"

• There are many options to build your storefront the way you want it to look.
  • The number of apps you can add for free is awesome. Inventory counter, customer service, help us be better.
  • One of the best things is their support line is really good and helpful.
  • The transaction fees can be hurtful to the company.
  • The apps are great but they can add up when you start buying a lot.
  • Some of the coding that you have to know can be challenging if you really want your store to look like you want it to.
A small business trying to boost their online presence is very helpful. It makes it easy to sell your goods without trying very hard. It can tell you very many helpful things also when people visit your site. I think if you had more of a product that needed to be hands on it would not help your business as much.
January 18, 2018

Review: "Personal Use Gone Professional with Shopify"

• User interface - simple to navigate customer data, and segment (e.g. how many customers have placed more than 1 order during a campaign).
  • Reporting - Robust data with the ability to segment.
  • Discount/promotional code management and measuring effectiveness.
  • Delay in exporting orders. some orders can be directly downloaded while logged into the system. often I wanted to look at full order history which involved an emailed .zip link to be shared. probably our servers, but it took longer than desired.
  • More advanced filtering on the orders. Often times we would like to segment/filter a multi-order vs. initial order and want to do so directly in the order tab.
Testing e-commerce capabilities, the Shopify system is very intuitive and has a very friendly user interface. While there is a robust community/eco-system that can be integrated, first identifying your technology stack is incredibly helpful before selecting a platform to know you can list products, update products, sell, fulfill, and follow-up.
Jeff Moriarty profile photo
August 09, 2017

Review: "Don't Even Think About Building a Website Until You Look at Shopify!"

We currently use Shopify for one of our websites and are in the process of moving our two Magento websites over to Shopify. Everyone in our organization uses Shopify in one way or another. From the customer service team, to the writers, to the marketers to the purchasers. Everyone that uses it loves it. Way more than using Magento.
  • Ease of Use - Very user friendly. Anyone can pick it up within a couple days and know how to do almost everything.
  • Great Customer Service - The help is excellent. Also, they have a huge community where people are happy to help.
  • Ton of Add-Ons - You can find a ton of add-ons and modules to use that can be installed by you. They don't require developers.
  • Inexpensive - Because it's easy to use and doesn't require a ton of developer time, it's so much cheaper to run.
  • Themes - While you can find 3rd party themes, they need to expand their own offering of themes.
  • Reporting - While reporting is ok, I would like to see better reporting with the basic programs.
  • Plus Cost - The cost of Plus is too high. Maybe give all of the developer options for a certain price, and then if the customer wants the help/team with marketing work, there is a higher cost program.
It is perfect for small to medium size businesses. Large $10 million plus companies may be better suited for Magento because of their budgets and team size, but if you are just getting online, have a small or medium sized company and not unlimited budgets, than Shopify is the best choice for you.
Read Jeff Moriarty's full review
Ray Doustdar profile photo
November 13, 2017

"Shopify Review from CEO & Founder of BUICED Liquid and Avid Fresh Veggie Juicer!"

We currently are running our Liquid Vitamins business of www.buiced.com using Shopify, and I know could NOT be any happier. It is BY FAR the best of breed solution out there.
  • Very easy to use overall platform that does NOT require any coding skills for the most part.
  • The APP Store and platform has now enabled SO MANY other amazing aspects to add to my customer experience when they buy off our website, that I feel like we rival Amazon.com in terms for fulfillment, actually, we BEST them!
  • Their customer service is excellent and always available. They really do a great job.
  • Honestly nothing
I already DO recommend this to everyone that is thinking about launching an E-Commerce business.
Read Ray Doustdar's full review
Grace Dvornik profile photo
November 02, 2017

Shopify Review: "Fantastic, professional, and easy to use program!"

I consulted for a start-up clothing company and we used Shopify to set up our website and online store, as well as Shopify POS. Shopify provided a great way for a first time business owner to set up and manage her website, store, inventory, etc. It allowed all of the data to be collected and reviewed in one space. It was simple yet effective, easy to navigate and organize.
  • simple but professional format - you don't need a degree in software programming to use it
  • conveniently compiles all data in one place
  • easy to use and edit information
  • At this time, I do not have a suggestion for improvement
Great format, easy to use, great customer service with online tutorials and FAQ page, convenient tool as users are able to access all data on-the-go through the app.
Read Grace Dvornik's full review
Tony Phan profile photo
June 21, 2017

Shopify Review: "Awesome Platform to Start Your Business Online"

Shopify is used for my start-up fashion shop. This allows me to push the products out to the market effectively, especially in an e-commerce booming market like the Philippines. The setup process is relatively easy for a non-tech person to set up which makes Shopify ideal for business owners who want to create a strong online platform with the purpose of pushing out their products online.
  • Inventory management: Managing inventory on Shopify is hassle free, the only part that will take time is the input of your inventory to the Shopify inventory.
  • Customer Management: Details customers fill in when surfing your website are all recorded and you will be able to access to this data for marketing purposes.
  • Order management: hassle free checkout which makes it easier to convert sales from visits.
  • Lack of good website templates: There are plenty of templates you can choose from but unfortunately, it is not free. And the free ones are not good enough.
  • Integration with Facebook Store: if you want to connect Shopify with Facebook Store on your business fan page, you might have a problem since sometimes the inventory on Facebook cannot match the inventory on Shopify.
  • Limited payment options: depends on where your business is, you will have different available payment options and it's extremely hard if you want to use a local payment gateway.
If you have some products that you want to push out to the market, let's say you are a start-up business that does not have a lot of capital to invest in a coder to develop your own website. This creates a perfect start for your business website that looks good, is responsive and professional enough for your customers to make a purchase.
Read Tony Phan's full review
Gary Gray profile photo
February 07, 2017

Review: "Shopify Makes E-Commerce Easy Without Sacrificing Power"

I had a client who was looking to transition to a new commerce platform from an established website for their decade old business. Their previous website was cumbersome to maintain on an IT level, too complex for staffers to manage (add, update, delete) products, and clunky and dated for consumers.

Shopify handily addresses all these issues by providing a robust, user-friendly backend and stylish front-end for consumers.
  • Ease of product creation and management.
  • Zero ongoing IT maintenance issues.
  • Streamlined and stylish consumer-facing website.
  • Product categories and subcategories are time consuming and non-standard to implement.
  • Building out the front end was more time consuming than expected.
  • Available plugins of widely varied quality.
For small businesses selling a set range of products, Shopify is a dream to set up and manage. If you're not looking to hire an IT department, or deal wth web developer, and are looking to outsource all that work, Shopify is your best bet.

Shopify's powerful commerce tools can make your online store ready to compete with pretty much anything else on the web, and can scale to whatever traffic your store generates, which is a great comfort when your products go viral and suddenly sales explode.
Read Gary Gray's full review
Scott Markman profile photo
February 06, 2017

Review: "Shopify...the best small to medium business ecommerce platform"

I would recommend using Shopify if you have no experience with ecommerce programming and your company makes less than $2 million in revenue. It is the best small to medium business platform out there and easy to use. Plus, there are a ton of widgets and plugins that can easily be added. You can easily change the theme and make edits.
I say $2 million because if your company makes more than that, you should be able to higher a freelance developer or in-house as a matter of fact to use Magento. Magento is free and has more customization ability.

• Can quickly launch a store, even within a day
  • No need for development work with lots of themes & plugins
  • Low cost, between $29 to $79 a month
  • Shopping cart is hard to customize and it's hosted by Shopify separately
  • Transaction fees can get high if you have a lot of transactions
  • To do any special customizations, you will need a developer and the platform is somewhat rigid with capabilities.
Read Scott Markman's full review
Kristie Quach profile photo
March 08, 2017

Shopify Review: "Useful for social media marketing"

Shopify is used at the company to market to clients for products they want to have displayed on social media for the company's strategy as a whole.
  • Displaying or marketing products
  • Convey interest to direct traffic to website
  • Browse available products from the company
  • It could do with a change in the UX
  • Improve how people view the process versus purchasing on social media
  • Functionality can be updated in terms of how the products are marketed or embedded
It's great for exposure on a company's products and what inventory is available.
Read Kristie Quach's full review
Brian Chung profile photo
February 16, 2017

Review: "Shopify - Better than Volusion, Comparable to Squarespace"

We use Shopify for our online e-commerce store. We use it throughout our whole organization. It's solving the business problem of having an easy e-commerce solution. The back-end system makes it easy for everyone to use. We have a bunch of Shopify sites for each of our brands that our company uses.
  • Easy back-end system
  • Beautiful and customizable templates
  • Collecting payments
  • I'd like to see more free templates that are similar to Squarespace
  • Better designs for websites that only have 1-3 products
  • Make customization easier for non-tech savvy people
Shopify is good if you have a lot of products and are looking for an e-commerce store. It handles many products better than Squarespace, and is easier to manage/learn than websites like Volusion. It's a great website for starting off. It feels less appropriate if you only have 1 product - use something like Squarespace instead.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Howard Schwartz profile photo
February 14, 2017

Shopify Review: "Great product and service. Highly recommend"

Great product. Great service. Easy to use and very expandable. I recommend to others all the time. The customer service with Shopify could quite possibly be the best part about working with them. Their tech support is so knowledgeable and quick to provide support. Easy going professionals.
  • Great Apps to use to expand your Shopify site.
  • Easy to get someone on the phone for help and support.
  • Pricing is very competitive.
  • I have been very satisfied since the beginning. I have even tried other services and keep coming back to Shopify.
  • Stronger relations with app developers so it's easier to get customer support.
  • Easier to work between multiple app developers.
  • Don't offer templates for simple wholesale businesses.
[For] anyone who wants to have a great looking and easy to support website, Shopify is the way to go.
Read Howard Schwartz's full review
Scott Wanamaker profile photo
February 14, 2017

Review: "Shopify - The perfect cart for small to midsize retailers."

Shopify is being used by our whole organization to support our e-commerce channel. We have many customers who choose Shopify as their e-commerce platform of choice due to a number of factors including ease of setup and use and support without needing a full-time development team after launch. One of the biggest benefits are the seemingly endless apps and plugins that enable customers to grow and adapt quickly to new trends.
  • User-friendly interface allows anyone to work with it quickly.
  • Apps or plugins allow us to launch new initiatives in a timely and cost effective manner.
  • Their support is quick when we have questions and their online documentation is extremely helpful.
  • Would love to be able to set up custom reports in an easier fashion.
  • Missing the ability to support custom coupon codes without an extension.
  • I could potentially see issues depending on the overall size of the business. As we grow I'm not sure how Shopify will grow with us after a certain point although they seem to be making strides for larger enterprises.
I think Shopify is extremely well suited for any smaller to mid-size retailers or newer e-commerce retailers that are just figuring out their digital strategy and business. It's so easy to get set up and the templates available make it very easy to build a good looking store with minimal support.
Read Scott Wanamaker's full review
John Tribolet profile photo
February 13, 2017

Review: "Shopify is THE gold standard for eCommerce!"

We use Shopify for our collectibles branch of the company. We have several thousands of items constantly coming in and out, and Shopify makes it very easy to list and market our products. I pretty much run the store myself, and Shopify makes it simple to run, including exposure, admin, maintenance, payments, etc. And if there's ever an issue, Shopify's support is LITERALLY the best customer service I've ever used in my businesses since the late 1970s. Far and above anybody else!
  • THE best customer service of ANY company I've EVER dealt with!
  • Ease of use is amazingly streamlined for companies of any size!
  • Many payment options to cover most of the consumer's needs.
  • They really do EVERYTHING right.
  • Billing on the same day every month, not that 30 [day] cycle nonsense... it's the ONLY thing that bothers me about Shopify and causes an occasional issue.
  • Shopify should send an invoice or statement a few days BEFORE billing, as things like shipping and apps can vary the amount due, and it would be nice to know AHEAD of time.
Shopify has their platform set up to be fully functional for any size business, for nearly any purpose. They are that thorough and that streamlined. Shopify is THE cutting edge for eCommerce, with amazing support and features. I wish I found them sooner, and soon I will integrate my other stores on to Shopify's platform.
Read John Tribolet's full review
Janeth Wolk profile photo
February 13, 2017

User Review: "Shopify - Convenient and User Friendly"

We recently evolved our business model from strictly wholesale to now include retail. We have been using Shopify as an additional selling channel to our already lucrative Amazon e-commerce product offerings. Shopify is used in our marketing department. Using Shopify is helping us expand our e-commerce division by providing a safe and secure buying platform for our consumers.
  • Shopify provides an extensive library of tips, suggestions and tutorials to help even the most inexperienced store owner.
  • It is very user-friendly and easy to learn.
  • The ability to run reports directly from the Shopify site has been a very convenient feature.
  • Their pricing is slightly higher than some competitors.
  • Shopify uses a different set up to customize their themes rather than using PHP for their templates.
  • Shopify’s blogging platform is not as great as WordPress as it provides a basic layout for blogging.
  • Shopify is integrated with a convenient payment system, and its built-in speed checkout allows customers to pay with minimal load time. It allows custom title tags, meta descriptions on every category page for optimal SEO and also allows you to build customized landing pages for marketing purpose.
  • It does have payment limitations if you are selling outside of the U.S.
Read Janeth Wolk's full review
Jeremy Hawes profile photo
February 13, 2017

Review: "Shopify is a simple and robust eCommerce solution that you will not regret choosing"

Shopify serves as our company's primary eCommerce website application software for small to medium size businesses. We both customize Shopify themes and work with 3rd party plugin developers to creates online stores for our customers needs. I personally develop in Shopify and love their semantics in liquid including their built-in version control - very friendly for developers to work with vs other eCommerce platforms. Out of the box Shopify handles all the basic needs our clients have, though there are often a few 3rd party plugins needed to solve some functional preferences that aren't included... the added prices are residual and usually very fair. The biggest con for Shopify is that for pages and collections they require /pages/ and /collections/ to be part of the URL string, which has no SEO value, but aside from that the platform is very SEO friendly.
  • Extremely quick setup and intuitive UI
  • Fast load times and hosting
  • Robust 3rd party plugin support
  • Perhaps the most developer-friendly platform I've used with built-in version control and great documentation
  • Great payment gateway compatibility (including their own, which competes well with the best of the best)
  • Overall there is great control of SEO, though they do unfortunately require /pages/ and /collections/ to be part of your URL string for those respective sections of your website - these words have pretty much no SEO value to any website and waste URL string real estate
  • Their support is good when they provide it... but they kind of don't. They offer 1 hour free support for each website, which I've had strangely become used up when I contact them for the first time. Not sure how they track that 1 hour, but you'll find it disappear faster than 1 hour for sure. You can always retreat to their support forums though.
Shopify is a great turn-key solution for most small to medium size businesses. Out of the box it handles all the functionality a basic online storefront would need. Beyond that it's scalable and robust with a vibrant and healthy 3rd party development community, who both make powerful plugins and themes and who can provide technical support at a reasonable fee. Where it is less appropriate is hard to say and would greatly depend on some very unique store customization. My recommendation would be to see consultation ahead of time if you need your store to do something you don't commonly see in other stores (emphasis on the word 'commonly').
Read Jeremy Hawes's full review
Peter Stranathan profile photo
February 09, 2017

Review: "Shopify - A great web store solution if you sell products, or want to sell on Amazon"

We use Shopify as a primary webpage. It is our way to display our unique products in a way that can facilitate the sale. We have several Shopify sites running currently. Some are directed towards a certain brand, others are direct to public. We have found that e-commerce is a great medium for us to be able to display our items to our customers in a way that gives them visual, text, and price data all in the same spot so they can research and then later make a purchase decision.
  • Shopify automates the customer experience incredibly well. Once the order is placed there is very consistent automated data sent to the customer that lets them know what is going on with their order.
  • Shopify has a very good database of add on applications that can be installed to customize your store to work how you desire.
  • They have a great resource center, and due to the large amount of users you can usually find someone who has your same question so you can see how they solved the issue quickly and easily.
  • As a platform that is attempting to be everything to everyone, they have some things they can not offer. The ability to see what is in the customers cart is one of the simplest examples I can think of that was a big handicap to us as we switched over to shopify.
  • They do monetize the sale in a variety of different ways. Credit card processing is one item I view as a con. They hold the processing through them as the way they want you to process. They penalize you for using an outside source by charging an additional fee if that is the way you choose to process cards.
  • Accounting is another odd handicap. Currently they don't offer a way to export data to QuickBooks. You can purchase a service for a substantial monthly fee to make the export possible.
Some of the scenarios where I would highly recommend Shopify would be:
- If you have no website currently and you sell a product not a service
- If you don't have a lot of personal website experience and plan to edit the listings yourself
- If you intend to sell on Amazon and off Amazon
- If you need a POS system and a web sales system to work with the same inventory
- If you want to build a webstore yourself
Read Peter Stranathan's full review
Brad Capo profile photo
February 09, 2017

User Review: "Shopify rocks!"

We are currently running 3 unique websites on Shopify. It is extremely "user-friendly" for non-tech users. Once it is all set up, there is really no need to worry about any IT issues at all with Shopify. The community of app developers is amazing. The choices are extensive, and the app developers really work hard to make sure that their apps get integrated and working properly.
  • Shopify support is off the charts amazing. Absolutely no comparison out there.
  • The number of themes to choose from is also amazing - and pretty darned easy to go from one to another.
  • The apps community is absolutely incredible.
  • Much room for improvement on the reporting side of things.
  • Not being able to directly touch the database is a problem/challenge for us, not an issue for non-tech people.
It is hard to imagine for me, but I'm sure there is a point at which Shopify no longer makes sense for some companies. A huge company doing say over 100 million, I can see maybe Shopify would not suit their needs. Unfortunately, that is not a problem for me right now.
Read Brad Capo's full review
Ronen Amit profile photo
February 08, 2017

Shopify Review: "Best e-commerce Platform for Small Businesses"

Most e-commerce platforms are either expensive, complicated or both. Shopify is easy to use for our customers and covers most small business e-commerce operational requirements, either as built-in features or as third party apps. These apps cover features, such as inventory management, fulfillment, marketing and more. Shopify helps us deliver an efficient, beautiful and easy to use e-commerce platform.
  • Easy to use interface for the small business user.
  • Many built-in features and apps that cover almost any aspect of e-commerce operation and marketing.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Cloud based. No need for hosting and maintenance.
  • For businesses with special e-commerce requirements, Shopify may not be the best choice.
  • Checkout customization is limited.
  • Limited ability for dynamic pricing.
Shopify is the best e-commerce platform for most small and medium businesses. Unless the business has special requirements not covered by Shopify, existing apps and cannot be developed as a customized app, Shopify is an excellent choice. If the business operation requires highly customized solutions, the basic Shopify platform may not be adequate. In this case Shopify Plus or any other highly customizable platform may be a better choice.
Read Ronen Amit's full review
Jared DeLong profile photo
February 07, 2017

"Nonprofit Organization Shopify Review"

We're currently using shopify to sell apparel and our founder's new book. We use it to sell everything and it easily allows us to print and prepare packages thru purchasing postage right on their website. We can also work with a fulfillment service to handle all of our book orders, which cuts down on staff time and increases efficiency.
  • Easy to use software for adding products as well as building a website. Fairly customizable too.
  • Great customer service. Very quick response time.
  • Powerful and can handle lots of orders at once. I've heard of other weaker e-commerce sites crashing, but never Shopify.
  • I wish there was some more features offered in their website builder.
  • I think in the navigation, there are so many options, it may be better to condense them and also make it easier to get to your website editor.
  • Pricing is slightly high for a store that doesn't have a huge number of products.
Shopify is great for our apparel and book sales because we were able to create our whole store for free through Shopify. This store does what we need, but we would like some features to be more customizable. However, it's great to have something we can quickly update and is extremely user-friendly to change as necessary.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Paul K Saunders profile photo
February 07, 2017

Review: "Create a shop till you drop online e-com business with Shopify"

We are using Shopify to create a custom store for a range of unique 70's Classic Rock Photographs that we have the marketing rights to in partnership with the original photographer - we chose Shopify for its simple to use implementation path
  • Easy to add products and other items.
  • Simple to set up and get all the details established.
  • Lot of options when it comes to how we want your store to look.
  • I do not see any major down sides.
Shopify works for all types of products both digital and physical. In our case, it is particularly good at offering our unique photograph collection to customers.
Read Paul K Saunders's full review
Ross Wimmersberger profile photo
February 07, 2017

Review: "Shopify - great for ecommerce and website"

Whole organization - it is used to sell products online.
  • The support of shopify is extremely good. I have had nothing but postiive experiences when I need help from them.
  • Shopify platform is very secure and steady. It has been around a while and it works extremely well, it has high availability.
  • Shopify is very versatile and works seamlessly when using a third party template/design.
  • One thing is the ability to change all products at one time. I had to download all products, manually make the edits in my spreadsheet, then re-upload all items. While they have recently added the ability to change multiple items at a time, it is restricted to certain fields.
  • I feel the costs can be fairly high, especially for a very small business that does not do much in sales. A small % of products sold would be a nice option for new/small businesses.
If you want to sell a product online, and don't have a technical staff that can do it for you, shopify would be a great fit. If you have a large IT infrastructure with developers who can manage their own e-commerce site, they could save some money and not use shopify.
Read Ross Wimmersberger's full review
Matt Mundt profile photo
February 07, 2017

User Review: "I love Shopify"

I researched all the many eCommerce solutions out there and tried many of them myself. Shopify is by far the easiest to use, with the most flexibility and features. They have a great blog with insights and tips so you can keep growing in your eCommerce knowledge. If you're familiar with WordPress - Shopify is like that - lots of great plugins and extensions for pretty much any feature you can think of for your online store. And if you have a question - there is a great community and resources to learn from!
  • Ease of use.
  • Economical and lots of features.
  • Ability to scale!
  • None - they are always improving.
I highly recommend it if you have any product to sell online. It's great for a new business, or established business that wants to take ownership of their eCommerce.
Read Matt Mundt's full review

Product catalog & listings (41)
Product management (39)
Bulk product upload (31)
Branding (41)
Mobile storefront (41)
Product variations (40)
Website integration (37)
Visual customization (41)
CMS (34)
Abandoned cart recovery (36)
Checkout user experience (38)
eCommerce security (40)
9.4
Promotions & discounts (39)
Personalized recommendations (32)
SEO (38)
Multi-site management (19)
Order processing (40)
Inventory management (39)
Shipping (37)
Custom functionality (38)

About Shopify

As a SaaS, Shopify's stability and always-on availability are touted. The eCommerce site presents the customary inventory and presentation controls typical of eCommerce solutions. Items are organized into collections, or using smart collections customize groupings to fit the merchandise (e.g. less than $20 items, gift ideas, bundles, etc.). Content management features (e.g. a blog) are present for tailoring the look and interactivity of the site.

For selling online, the $14 Starter pack includes a basic eCommerce site with 1GB of storage, chat & email support, and support for 25 listings. The $29 Basic pack includes POS and unlimited products, as well as fraud analysis tools. The $79 Professional Pack bumps storage space from 1GB to 5GB and adds gift cards, professional reports, and abandoned cart recovery. Finally, Unlimited, at $179 per month, makes space unlimited, and provides advanced reporting and real-time carrier shipping.