WorkflowMax for Lawyers - a worthy alternative to Legal Practice Management Systems
Overall Satisfaction with WorkflowMax
- Time recording is very user-friendly, this is really important for busy lawyers.
- I'd like to see functionality for system-generated client numbering, configurable to how the client wants it. For example, we have a 3 digit client number, followed by a 2 digit matter number, e.g. 123-45. This configuration was generated by our prior system (which was a specific LPM system). Since moving to WorkflowMax we've had to use an excel spreadsheet to generate a new client or matter number which is far from ideal.
- Bring back customised branding! Under the old UI we had our logo and corporate colours. Realise WorkflowMax are trying to differentiate from Xero, but the green is pretty awful.
- Would also be great if the template customising was more user-friendly.
- I'd also like to see figures show GST exclusive by default. For example when I go into a job, click on the financial tab, I'd like to see the invoices already charged against that job as GST exclusive. I feel there is too much of a mix between GST exclusive and inclusive across the system and it should be one or the other by default.
- Biggest impact has been automation of client invoicing. Prior to using WorkflowMax, invoices were generated in Word, usually a template from a prior invoice to that client. Now the invoice is generated in WorkflowMax, saved as a draft, exported to Word, uploaded to Microsoft SharePoint, then shared with the invoice author. This has cut down on mistakes and unnecessary admin time.
I would not recommend it to law firms who deal with trusts, conveyancing or a high volume of trust account transactions, as it lacks the functionality to deal with those types of legal work. However for anyone doing reasonably straight-forward professional work, at time and costs or a fixed priced basis, it's ideal.
One of things I liked best when I chose it was that it wasn't overspeced with bells and whistles that we didn't need.