Overall Satisfaction with Wrike
Wrike is being used by a few departments at the university. My boss is in charge of multiple different groups/departments and needed a way to manage them more efficiently. Wrike has given him easy access to see the progress of different projects. It allows each group to easily communicate with each other on the tasks for different projects. It is great to have everything in one place, rather that spread across stuff in emails, random notes, etc.
- Email integration makes it really easy to respond to a notification on a task right from your inbox.
- The UI is great, as well as the iPhone and iPad apps. I haven't looked at the android apps, as we are an Mac based group, but I would bet they are as sleek as the iOS counterparts.
- Live note updating is great for meetings. We create a milestone for a meeting and each of us add notes, in live time, to the task. We can then assign subtasks from that event if needed.
- The tagging system is great. It is much more flexible than the soldier structure other software provides.
- One feature I wish was was present in Wrike is the ability to allot a percent of time towards different groups. In our Wrike set up, we have 5 different groups using Wrike. I belong to 2 groups; one at 80% of my time and one at 20% of my time. If Wrike would be able to account for this, it would make my life a lot easier.
- The price is a little high. You have to need a lot of the features to justify the cost when there are some free versions that have some of its capabilities.