Overall Satisfaction with Zoho Vault
Zoho Vault is currently being used across our organization to manage and share passwords with team members based on roles and responsibilities. As a startup, there are numerous services one signs up for, each one having a unique registration/login system. Startup founders cannot always be there to then manage these external services, and hence the passwords need to be shared with people based on roles and level. Zoho Vault enables us to do that and much more.
- Zoho Vault integrates into your browser with an add-in, which makes it easy to access websites that need authentication.
- Zoho Vault enables you to create users and groups, and share authentication details either at a group level or at a user level.
- Zoho Vault gives you the capability of defining the level of access a user or group has to the authentication - read-only or read/write. This is one of the most unique features that I have come across any online password managers.
- Zoho Vault allows you to download and store an offline encrypted copy of your authentication details for the time when the internet is restricted.
- Zoho Vault is relatively new, so for those who are used to using apps like LastPass for personal use, there is a switching cost.
Zoho Vault is very competitive when compared to LastPass for Business. It has all the features that LastPass provides and then some. When compared to KeePass, being an online application, Zoho Vault is cross-platform so overcomes the advantages of KeePass being a cross-platform opensource tool, that is especially used by Linux users across the world.
Never really needed to use the customer support of Zoho Vault, but all other Zoho services have excellent support and excellent forums to participate in, and I don't assume Zoho Vault would have anything less.
Do you think Zoho Vault delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zoho Vault's feature set?
Did Zoho Vault live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Zoho Vault go as expected?
Would you buy Zoho Vault again?
Zoho Vault works very well in situations where one has multiple online services that need to be shared with different people across the organization. It also works very well when you have no other password manager already in use and need to set-up one company-wide. Zoho Vault could benefit from being more widely available and advertised as a free password manager, as most people look at it only as enterprise software.