Ease of using Zuora
March 16, 2016
Ease of using Zuora
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
Zuora is being used across the organization, for billing and revenue recognition across subscription software, perpetual software and maintenance, and professional services. Our company was at the precipice of pivoting to a primarily subscription model, and we were struggling with systems not built for subscription management; crippling our ability to keep a complete view of our customers and to easily calculate subscription metrics.
- Zuora's native integration with Salesforce.com and 360 sync allows for SFDC users visibility to important customer and subscription information without needing to access Zuora itself.
- Zuora's customer success and global support services are extremely responsive.
- Out of the box subscription metrics save time for finance.
- Zuora is currently lacking traditional "Credit & Re-bill" functionality which can cause pain if billing is set up incorrectly, a tax exemption certificate or VAT ID is left out of the order, etc.
- Revenue reporting is restricted to what is billed. If you have a multi-year annual billed subscription, the system will only record revenue for the first year. If you require out year waterfall reports, that needs to be custom built.
- Some audit functionality is not quite there (i.e. changes to the product catalog are not logged in a way that are reportable).
- While Zuora does basic revenue recognition well, advanced revenue recognition (such as in the case of multi-element arrangements) is not possible within the system.
Zuora is very well-suited out of the box for standard recurring billing subscriptions, both from an eCommerce and a sales assisted perspective. More customization is needed upfront to handle upfront billed subscriptions, orders with lines of varying subscription lengths, and orders which include both product and professional services.