<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 7.9 out of 101
Based on 115 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
It is well suited for developing training for the web using HTML5 or Flash, especially if you want to use responsive or advanced features and capabilities. Highly recommended if you want customization, branching, variables, green screen, 360 degrees, and other advanced features. Integrates with SCORM, xAPI, etc. Other competitors are easier and more intuitive but less powerful. If you want the easiest no-frills development that is as fast to develop as possible, then look at competitors.
Feature Rating Comparison
Course catalog or library
Progress tracking & certifications
Learning reporting & analytics
- Adobe Captivate is a full-featured authoring tool, offering users a wide range of interactive and educational tools. Adobe Pro applications excel at providing you most of the options that you want and more than you need.
- Captivate offers live authoring in responsive design. This feature is essential as we look to develop more content for use across mobile devices.
- Captivate integrates seamlessly with the other Adobe Creative Suite tools that we use. We combine PhotoShop, Acrobat, and Captivate to create some amazing learning tools.
- While Captivate does an amazing job at recording movement of mouse and keystrokes on the screen, it would be great to have the ability to capture the same items via a plugin to 3rd party software (Outlook, Firefox, or other Adobe applications). The results would be that while working in another application and realizing that someone might want a quick tutorial on something, rather than launching Captivate, one could use the plugin to quickly capture the screen and mouse movement.
- Configuring the LMS to have quizzes at the end and have a passing score could use an enhancement. While it works great, it is not the most straight-forward setup there is. One finds themselves searching online for solutions and answers how to accomplish certain setup steps for LMS or SCORM.
- It would be nice to be able to have the control of Captivate on a 2nd or 3rd monitor that is not being captured, to be able to see more of the real estate of your screen that you are capturing.
Likelihood to Renew
Adobe Captivate 9.1
Based on 3 answers
There is no doubt in my mind that we will be using Adobe Captivate for years to come. There are so many uses for the software that we are just scratching the surface. The more we use it, the better it gets. This is a great option for anyone looking for an eLearning authoring tool.
Adobe Captivate 8.0
Based on 2 answers
Adobe Captivate does take some getting used to. There are features that are much more convoluted than they need to be, but overall it is a great product with a some excellent features. Being in a pretty small market, Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline dominate the space. They are not the same software, but allow for eLearning authoring. Each has their benefit and their downside, but, for me, Adobe Captivate edges out Storyline.
Adobe Captivate 7.3
Based on 6 answers
I'm on the cusp about this as I haven't really had the chance to use the support. We are sort of new at using this in our organization and most of the preliminary stuff, we have used YouTube videos and blogposts on the web to find common answers. So I'll update this once we have used it.
Project Manager in Product ManagementBiotechnology Company, 201-500 employees
Adobe Captivate is an okay software program, but it is not something I'd pick over Articulate Storyline or Articulate 360. I only selected Captivate because it was mandatory for my course plus I wanted to explore it to find out how it worked. But after using it, I didn't find it to be as appealing as I thought. It's not a horrible software tool, it has its perks but it's just not as user-friendly as I'd hoped it would be.
Professional in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Adobe Captivate has helped us lower training costs without the need for external training.
- The program allowed us to create in house training without the need for third party collaboration.
- End users could communicate about training needs and Adobe Captivate made it easy to update current training modules.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?