Adobe Connect is software used to create information and general presentations, online training materials, web conferencing, learning modules, and user desktop sharing. The product is entirely Adobe Flash based.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/cK/jY/1XN9JTDUH7RO.JPEGMeetings and Webinars with Adobe ConnectWe currently use Adobe Connect in the Engineering department. Adobe Connect is essential for our registration of webinars, this tool allows us to share ideas and materials online in real time. With Adobe Connect we can connect virtually and easily to work together in different projects of the company saving time since we can visualize several screens at the same time without problem.,Internal communications Training,Adobe Connect allows simultaneous connections and the moderator has control as the room administrator, participants can not intervene if the moderator does not authorize it. Adobe Connect supports a wide variety or types of files, making it a very robust application. Adobe Connect offers multiple deployment options to ensure the right solution for the company, has a very easy to use interface.,Adobe Connect must improve its implementation in the mobile part, since its operation in these devices is very limited. I would like to be able to paste an image on the board and get better results when I paste a text, sometimes I have difficulties to adjust all the pods I want to use on the screen (discussion, chat, video, area to share). I would like that Adobe Connect had a little more functionality, that is, that you could play music in the lobby, serial a great compliment for this application.,10,Adobe Connect has improved the way we communicate inside and outside the company, both with employees as suppliers and external customers. Adobe Connect has improved the way to share information to my collaborators, has a wide acceptance of formats or files. To have an excellent performance in the use of Adobe Connect, the company must have robust and good quality computing equipment to maximize the experience and comfort offered by this application, which generates a costly investment in the IT area.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat DC, Google AuthenticatorA great solution for online training and bringing the team togetherWe give Adobe Connect two different uses in our company. One of them is for internal meetings, like webinars for training our sales department, and collaborative presentations. The other scenario in which Adobe Connect fits so well is for remote working. Many of our team members are spread across the country and use it for daily meetings, video calls among our team, and file sharing.,Internal communications Training,Fully customizable. You can choose what portion of the screen you want to share. It has an always growing pack of settings that lets you give an online training the look you want. Users can share their screens too. Great update frequency. It's always improving and getting new features.,Can be very expensive, especially for smaller companies. I'd like to be able to play some music in the lobby, I think there's room for improvement there. The meeting room can't be seen while sharing the screen without a dual monitor.,9,Lots of saving because of switching from in-person meetings to the virtual classroom, so our remote team members don't have to travel. Great tool in our case for marketing campaigns, using it to focus on certain products and inviting opinion leaders to an online presentation. Faster and more efficient training will improve productivity and achievement of scheduled objectives.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),MailChimp, Atlassian Confluence, Adobe Acrobat DCIt works wonderfully, but not if you have a large groupAdobe Connect is generally used at my organization for web conferencing and screen sharing. I am not sure how many departments use it but it has provided a wonderful method of "meeting" without having to leave your office or campus location. We are also able to record our meetings for staff to review at a later date if they are unable to attend.,Instant and convenient access. No need for a download. Recording tool is amazing!,The maximum number of people in "the room" is not convenient. The knowledge of the support team is lacking. It is difficult to add people to the room.,7,This software has provided an opportunity for the reduction of travel time for meeting attendees therefore, saving on travel costs.,,Zoom, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), GoToMeetinga perfect software for doing the works remotelyVirtual meetings and trainings. It's been a much more effective platform than our previous one for online education.,Internal communications Training,We have been using Adobe Connect for several years, and so far everybody seems very happy with it. I like it as a webinar platform as it has a nice mix of features From my perspective as a technical course developer, it is my hope was to use a software product that is intuitive, powerful and seamless for my eLearning courses. Adobe Connect delivered on all three. The Adobe Connect Library directory structure and file sharing options felt very familiar and were easy to navigate and deleting files/changing file names if I goofed up was a breeze. Being able to easily upload my PowerPoint/Presenter converted lessons saved me time and allowed me to share my work with other developers and instructors for review and testing simply by emailing the course link. Personally, I like very much the fact that you can easily share your screen with others, or allow them to take control of yours. The tool is very intuitive, and this is proven by the fact that nobody ever needed any training on it.,At times there are issues using Adobe Connect with different browsers, like Chrome. I hope that Adobe Connect has plans to update its software to be more compatible with this and other browsers, especially for students who use Apple computers and don't use Internet Explorer. Different user settings can also make it difficult to hear when people speak via their microphones. The only drawback came with co-teaching some distance education sessions. Both participants had to be in the same room and it got a little clunky at times. It would be nice if there was a way to set up a private window between presenters to exchange notes during a session.,8,The UI is very dated, integration with Eloqua needs improvement, meeting recording can also be improved, automated emails could be improved, event set up could be improved and audience engagement can also be improved,Lifesize Video Conferencing, GoToMeeting and Blackboard Collaborate,Slack, Skype for BusinessAdobe Connect: Communication 101In my organization, we use Adobe Connect on a daily basis to ensure immediate communications between consultants and managers (Team Leaders). The ability to connect one on one, go to a breakout, share information, and get immediate assistance when assisting customers is vital in today's virtual world. Used in various departments and with various vendors within my organization, Adobe Connect solves problems by allowing employees to receive answers as soon as they are posted in the room. If we have an issue that requires a Manager to view our screen, etc., this can be done in the current room, or Managers may choose to move to new rooms giving one-on-one assistance. In addition, file sharing and polls help the employee respond to questions as a whole, or individually based upon the needs of the managers. Adobe Connect also solves the problem of communication in a business by not limiting interactions to the typed word, but also allows for attendees and hosts to communicate by calling into a phone number with a passcode for one, or multiple employees to access the room and bridge; thus, allowing vocal communication if needed. This can be limited by the hosts.,Training,Immediate communication within a secure environment between the host, or hosts, and attendees is a major benefit of Adobe Connect. The ability to screen share is second to none and can be done immediately in the current session, or if the host pulls an attendee, or attendees, to a Break Out. File sharing when those important files come through that require notification to a group as a whole is also something Adobe Connect does well. Finally, the ability to post polls, create a white board for interaction with employees, and other items are just some of the benefits of Adobe Connect,The one major issue I have experienced with Adobe Connect is the lag or "boot" when there are too many people present. When attendees reached the maximum amount, I see a huge lag when moving to a Break Out, an unresponsive or frozen room, or one may get what we term "booted". This is very frustrating for employees when time is of the essence.Opening up the parameters a bit on attendees to prevent these issues would be greatly appreciated. Color. Color. Color. Although you are in a working environment, color is appreciate, but limited when creating pods to discuss or post items. The background is very drab and has no "pop" to it. Employees may see items differently if the pods background was something other than gray. Videos. Videos tend to have a lag as well when doing real-time face to face discussion. There seems to be a pixelation issue that has been occurring for years now when viewing videos.,8,On a positive note, I believe this has increased the scores of agents in a way that is influential and it shows. Getting immediate answers for problems plaguing our agents is first and foremost in making sure that we are not only addressing the vendors needs, but the customer's as well. We have used other platforms in the past. This has a far better impact on our overall numbers, I believe, as well as employee success and confidence. Negative impacts by employees and affecting overall numbers in the company may be attributed to the lag or "boot" when agents are removed from the room without warning. This can cause confidence of agents to plummet and leave them without any support.,Skype for Business,Avaya, Skype for Business, Kronos Workforce Central
Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect Reviews

Adobe Connect
Filter 288 vetted Adobe Connect reviews and ratings

Alexander Palma Ibarra profile photo
December 20, 2018

Review: "Meetings and Webinars with Adobe Connect"

• Adobe Connect allows simultaneous connections and the moderator has control as the room administrator, participants can not intervene if the moderator does not authorize it.
  • Adobe Connect supports a wide variety or types of files, making it a very robust application.
  • Adobe Connect offers multiple deployment options to ensure the right solution for the company, has a very easy to use interface.
  • Adobe Connect must improve its implementation in the mobile part, since its operation in these devices is very limited.
  • I would like to be able to paste an image on the board and get better results when I paste a text, sometimes I have difficulties to adjust all the pods I want to use on the screen (discussion, chat, video, area to share).
  • I would like that Adobe Connect had a little more functionality, that is, that you could play music in the lobby, serial a great compliment for this application.
Adobe Connect is ideal for interactive sessions, for electronic learning, an application that is integrated in a versatile way with other platforms and tools, increasing its performance within the company for end users, the webcams are excellent for monitoring the commitment of the employees during seminars or video conferences.
Read Alexander Palma Ibarra's full review
Martín Stricker profile photo
December 18, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "A great solution for online training and bringing the team together"

• Fully customizable. You can choose what portion of the screen you want to share. It has an always growing pack of settings that lets you give an online training the look you want.
  • Users can share their screens too.
  • Great update frequency. It's always improving and getting new features.
  • Can be very expensive, especially for smaller companies.
  • I'd like to be able to play some music in the lobby, I think there's room for improvement there.
  • The meeting room can't be seen while sharing the screen without a dual monitor.
It's a great solution for companies that are constantly creating webinars and presentations for both internal and external use. It's especially useful when some of the team members are located far from the HQ for daily meetings. I don't see it very well suited for smaller companies that can't afford it.
Read Martín Stricker's full review
Sandi Ols profile photo
December 12, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "It works wonderfully, but not if you have a large group"

• Instant and convenient access.
  • No need for a download.
  • Recording tool is amazing!
  • The maximum number of people in "the room" is not convenient.
  • The knowledge of the support team is lacking.
  • It is difficult to add people to the room.
If you need a software that allows multiple users to share their screens, then this is well suited for you. Your meeting space is customizable with various features. There are also many valuable tutorials that help to "Get Started," which have been very helpful to our team. Not appropriate if you have a meeting that requires a large group.
Read Sandi Ols's full review
dave g profile photo
September 24, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "a perfect software for doing the works remotely"

• We have been using Adobe Connect for several years, and so far everybody seems very happy with it.
  • I like it as a webinar platform as it has a nice mix of features
  • From my perspective as a technical course developer, it is my hope was to use a software product that is intuitive, powerful and seamless for my eLearning courses. Adobe Connect delivered on all three. The Adobe Connect Library directory structure and file sharing options felt very familiar and were easy to navigate and deleting files/changing file names if I goofed up was a breeze. Being able to easily upload my PowerPoint/Presenter converted lessons saved me time and allowed me to share my work with other developers and instructors for review and testing simply by emailing the course link.
  • Personally, I like very much the fact that you can easily share your screen with others, or allow them to take control of yours. The tool is very intuitive, and this is proven by the fact that nobody ever needed any training on it.
  • At times there are issues using Adobe Connect with different browsers, like Chrome. I hope that Adobe Connect has plans to update its software to be more compatible with this and other browsers, especially for students who use Apple computers and don't use Internet Explorer. Different user settings can also make it difficult to hear when people speak via their microphones.
  • The only drawback came with co-teaching some distance education sessions. Both participants had to be in the same room and it got a little clunky at times. It would be nice if there was a way to set up a private window between presenters to exchange notes during a session.
If looking for a standard 100 seat license, the service is affordable. Additional licenses in the past were obscenely priced and does limit our outreach. Adobe Connect has been a very useful tool for communicating with the ability to share presentation material to a wide audience.

Read dave g's full review
Shauna Stermer profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Connect: Communication 101"

• Immediate communication within a secure environment between the host, or hosts, and attendees is a major benefit of Adobe Connect.
  • The ability to screen share is second to none and can be done immediately in the current session, or if the host pulls an attendee, or attendees, to a Break Out.
  • File sharing when those important files come through that require notification to a group as a whole is also something Adobe Connect does well.
  • Finally, the ability to post polls, create a white board for interaction with employees, and other items are just some of the benefits of Adobe Connect
  • The one major issue I have experienced with Adobe Connect is the lag or "boot" when there are too many people present. When attendees reached the maximum amount, I see a huge lag when moving to a Break Out, an unresponsive or frozen room, or one may get what we term "booted". This is very frustrating for employees when time is of the essence.Opening up the parameters a bit on attendees to prevent these issues would be greatly appreciated.
  • Color. Color. Color. Although you are in a working environment, color is appreciate, but limited when creating pods to discuss or post items. The background is very drab and has no "pop" to it. Employees may see items differently if the pods background was something other than gray.
  • Videos. Videos tend to have a lag as well when doing real-time face to face discussion. There seems to be a pixelation issue that has been occurring for years now when viewing videos.
If communicating with 30-90 agents in the virtual world, Adobe Connect definitely allows for the communication in a simplified environment. For example, f you have 30 agents taking calls, this program offers a way for agents to communicate. If questions are needed answered, the hosts have the ability to pose those questions and get answers from the group. In a smaller group, this may be a bit of overkill and may not be needed. Large groups of 75-100 would create and environment that is less appropriate as there are to many people asking questions and not receiving answers. This amount of people in one room may get lost in the confusion.
Read Shauna Stermer's full review
Anissa Harris profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Connects the Dots--Mostly"

Adobe Connect is used for recorded meetings of individuals who are in all parts of the country at the time of the meeting. We also use it to store recorded webinars that we can link viewers too. It supports the regular meetings of the Executive Board, provides recordings for minutes, and allows us to host Live Webinars or archive webinars for distribution.
  • Provides a recorded archive of meetings and training webinars. This fact is important as we need a record of the events and redistribute archived training.
  • Allows many participants to attend the Live Webinars or meetings without issue. As the number of participants is not the same each time, having the ability to invite as many as possible is a real plus.
  • Provides a log in the email with a link and connection information for people to join the meeting or webinar. This step is important as without it, people could not actually enjoy the benefits of the meeting or webinar.
  • Although it is a necessity to have the login email information shared with participants, we have had occasions when the link did not work properly or--more often--the Meeting ID did not allow the participant to enter the meeting room. As this is an issue that is only discovered at the meeting time (you cannot "try it" before the meeting time), it is problematic when it does not work.
  • Adobe Connect does not have the ability to SHARE SCREENS. There is one presenter who can put up documents for the participants to view, but there is no ability to change the Presenter so that multiple screens could be shared. In a roundtable discussion, it would be helpful if different people could share or trade control during the same meeting.
  • There is no ability to see the participants. Although I am sometimes in my lounge clothes when I attend an Adobe Connect meeting, face-to-face contact is helpful for engaging with an audience or for nonverbal communication. Although I think each participant should have control over the ability to use or not use video, I think it should be an option.
Adobe is a solid platform for a one-way presentation with one presenter sharing information to many others. There is an option for computer audio, or dial in by phone--a feature that I have used repeatedly when I was ON THE GO but needed to attend a meeting. Adobe has a recording function which is perfect for archiving minutes or discussions or saving training sessions that we redistribute later.
Read Anissa Harris's full review
Zach Wasson profile photo
June 15, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "Function and Form with a Learning Curve"

Adobe has allowed us to keep our training headcount limited while still providing training to individuals around the country. Adobe allows a team of 8 to support 200+ individuals on each new hire week, in 50+ offices in 36 states. Adobe being used for training has also allowed us to refocus some other individuals away from training and into other projects because of the reach the program now allows us to have.

The product allows us to provide live customer-facing demonstrations of new technology. We're able to send a quick link and easily screencast and conference with customers across the country.
  • All of my Adobe presentations look extremely professional. The ability to import files that I've created in other programs allows me to utilize different design tools and bring their best elements with me.
  • Breakout rooms are excellent for taking a large class and separating them into smaller groups where they can collaborate and then come back to the large group experience. This is vital for us in building a virtual learning space that people are actively engaged in.
  • Simple interface for starting cameras and microphones. We've used some other products that needed their own manual for turning on a webcam. This is a simple click and even provides a preview before anything goes live. This is in addition to a splash screen when you enter a meeting that will walk all new users through the process, saving the presenters time.
  • Our biggest complaint is always the lag in VoIP conferencing. It seems to fluctuate, but we can have as much as 5-7 seconds of delay at times. This can be a quick way to stifle any discussion that might be taking place. This ends up with a lot of people talking over one another.
  • First-time users sometimes have issues getting the program to open. There is an initial download to get the meeting rooms open and if it doesn't happen automatically, we need to instruct users to try and rejoin the meeting. This isn't a difficult step, but it can prove to be annoying when working with 30-50 new users at one time.
Figure out if you're looking for a conferencing tool or a training tool. If the primary purpose is going to be for web meetings, then I would likely look elsewhere. There is better standalone conferencing software. If you're trying to upgrade your training platform, this is a great option. They offer an abundance of tools that make this a viable option for those who will be presenting without producers as well.
Read Zach Wasson's full review
Kevin Gudmundsen profile photo
June 18, 2018

Review: "Adobe Connect - Training NOT just meeting"

Adobe Connect is being used by the companies that I consult with to deliver virtual training programs. It is replacing other options to provide more interaction and engagement.
  • Provides several options for participant interaction
  • Manages and maintains content and room layouts
  • Customizable and flexible set up and delivery
  • Multiple Hosts
  • True Breakout room capabilities
  • Still too difficult to get participants up and running on connection to a meeting
  • Still uses flash which blocks access to content or to access to a meeting
  • Steep learning curve
  • A few glitches and idiosyncrasies that need experience to address
Training small groups of people that require breakout rooms and high levels of interaction. Training where the same content is delivered multiple times over time - because you can maintain a persistent room layout and content Meetings where multiple people may need to present and support the meeting at the same time
Read Kevin Gudmundsen's full review
Ashley Erickson profile photo
June 18, 2018

Review: "Adobe Connect allows for interactive, inclusive meetings"

We use Adobe Connect for meetings where some of our participants are offsite. Our whole organization uses it. It solves the problem of access to remote members.
  • Provides access to materials
  • Inclusivity
  • Option to receive commentary
  • It's a little clunky to set up an event.
  • I wish you could view more comments at once in the chat box.
For virtual meetings
Read Ashley Erickson's full review
March 18, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "A one stop shop with very mediocre products"

Our team is located in 3 different cities. So it mainly helps us to have virtual meetings together and make sure that everyone sees content that we want to discuss.
  • I like the many options the program offers such as chatbox, share screen, record meetings (to generate on-demand content for those who cannot attend a meeting).
  • The quality (resolution) of webcam and screen share is very poor, other programs such as Workplace have a better webcam resolution
  • Live streaming has a lot of lag (this might be a network issue)
- hosting remote meeting
- generating simple on-demand content
February 28, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "One of the best"

We use it for client education purposes. It allows us to have live and interactive online classes with our clients that are learning about markets and our products. We can share our screens with them; they can see us with the camera and the quality is amazing.
  • Share screens with good quality resolution.
  • Interactive since you can have quality live interaction with clients.
  • Not heavy on the system. It is not demanding on your PC.
  • No comment at this time here. I feel it offers the complete package.
[It's well suited for] live online seminars. It allows us to have an amazing experience with our clients. We share our screens; they can have a view of what we do and vice versa. We can take control of their screens if needed to assist.
Michael Martinez profile photo
February 16, 2017

Adobe Connect Review: "Great webinar software!"

Currently, we are using adobe connect for virtual meetings and instructor led training. It addresses the issues of travel costs and time. Additionally, it offers up the flexibility to hold meetings and share documents on demand.
  • Adobe Connect does a good job of making your organization look professional once configured correctly.
  • The built in features are typically more robust than other webinar software.
  • The database that stores content as well as webinar recordings is extremely useful.
  • The content area allows for SCORM content which makes this easily distributed without having a server.
  • User management is a breeze.
  • The training module (LMS) is not designed for instructor led training. If you are trying to use this as an LMS, keep in mind that you will have to create workarounds for ILT training (or at least we did.)
  • The application is currently not in HTML 5. Once this is updated, this will be a huge upgrade.
  • Screen sharing requires a plugin download.
  • Email and event management can be cumbersome.
Adobe connect is great for webinars. It is also great for SCORM content and tracking. Adobe connect is not good for instructor-led training. If you are going to use this as an LMS, please keep this in mind.
Read Michael Martinez's full review
Bjørn Erik Ekstrøm profile photo
May 04, 2016

Review: "A love hate relationship with Adobe Connect."

There are essential two uses of this tool within our organisation, with these departments being our customer care and marketing. It's used to conduct training sessions and also to host our webinars; where for the later, we'll select a hot topic that is of interest to both clients and leads alike, and host an inspirational session with the chance to answer questions at the end. This facilitates the need to either hold a Q&A session, inspiration session, workshop, or for presentations regarding a hot topic.
  • Rearranging of room: When hosting a large presentation (of more than 300), the room can easily be converted into a customized-room or break-out session for example with ease.
  • Preparation of Rooms: You are able to prepare a presentation before hand, where all questions can be created for a poll, notes are created for yourself, presentations uploaded and tested, and also a test of the sound. This helps to ensure that all facets are in working order and ready-to-go!
  • Switch & Assigning of roles: It is very easy to switch between presenters, assign new presenters, upgrade viewers, and so forth.
  • Multi-cam views: It is great that there can be multiple web-cams from presenters used at once. I believe the limit is 4, or at least this is the most that we have tried.
  • Emailing of Chat transcript: You can easily send yourself a copy of the chat, which goes to the registered admin of the room.
  • Upload of Presentations: There seems to be a problem with the uploading of PowerPoint presentations at times. This results in multiple test, converting into PDFs, changing it up for the best results. This is because there are times when the images are lost, slides are missing or other small things.
  • Sound Issues: There have been instances where our out-of-house guest speaker has not been able to hear us (being the host). This resulted in a lot of typing back and forth between people. Also, there are times when there the is a lot of echoing in the room, so testing is absolutely recommended.
  • Reporting on Attendees: There should be a way to ensure that all email address are collected to show to the host who attended. At times, participants use fake name, abbreviations, and so forth. So this means that it can be very time consuming to review at the end. Plus, we use Marketo for the follow-up activities and Adobe does not transmit the right statuses, so this requires a manual fix at times. More time being taken.
  • New release of product features: It has taken a long time to get video recordings to be converted into MP4, which now can be done.
Works great for webinars, meetings and break-out sessions in my opinion. These are the types of scenarios that I have tested, but the only problem would be the price in relation to services. Rooms can be customised to fit your needs too, so just keep that in-mind as this can prove to be very useful.
Read Bjørn Erik Ekstrøm's full review
Todd Sage profile photo
December 09, 2016

Adobe Connect Review: "Good for my class environment"

We utilize Adobe Connect for our online BSSW and MSW programs and I find that it is the perfect platform for my online teaching environment.
  • Ability to stream videos.
  • Ability to use Chat for engagement.
  • Need to allow for interactive PowerPoint presentations without having to do a screen share.
  • Ability to record individual breakout rooms.
Course presentations can be as interactive as needed or you can use the platform for lecture style teaching.
Read Todd Sage's full review
Eric Batson profile photo
July 11, 2016

Adobe Connect Review: "Adobe Captivate - Connecting Colleagues"

We used Adobe Connect to train, conduct meetings and generally interact with colleagues around the world. It was used, by varying degrees, by many of our organization's colleagues across the organization/world. It allowed us to conduct business and provide training to employees in remote locations. Communication was faster, in real-time and cheap. Conducting training, meetings and other communication with this tool allowed us to save on the cost of travel and bypass miscommunication that may occur in email and instant messaging.
  • It allows you to conduct meetings with multiple parties in various locations, simultaneously.
  • It allows you to share files wth participants. They can download documents you upload to the "meeting" space.
  • It provides the capability to share the "hosting" role, so others can take over virtual control of the meeting while the meeting is still in progress.
  • The interface is practical, but could be more aesthetically pleasing. Other, similar software has a more modern, slick look.
I found it to be quite useful as a training tool. I could interact with individuals from multiple locations simultaneously, share my screen with a PowerPoint, video or on-screen demonstration and share training documents users could reference during or after our sessions. Participants could also type feedback in the chat pod even if the audio was muted for the training participants.
Read Eric Batson's full review
Rachael Ahrens profile photo
May 05, 2016

Review: "Adobe Connect is the best cumulative meeting room product I've found"

Our clients participate in a year-long consultant engagement. Clients are all across the US and Canada so we needed a reliable, dynamic meeting software that allowed us to cumulatively build on the clients' knowledge all year, not just a 1-off meeting room. Just our small, 5 person team uses it for our client work as other service engagements don't require cumulative meeting room knowledge.
  • Design flexibility, moving "pods" of information around, hiding them, changing the look of the meeting room to best keep the attention of the attendees.
  • Completely audio conference agnostic.
  • Stores info from meeting to meeting so clients can access info from past sessions easily.
  • Difficult to track down support; once you do they are helpful but their website is far too vast and getting a person on chat or phone is tricky.
  • Reporting is lacking.
If you need meeting room design flexibility or cumulative knowledge storage in a single meeting room, there is no comparison. WebEx, GoToMeeting and others are more for quick one time meetings, not appropriate for a year long services agreement where the same meeting room and info is required from meeting to meeting.
Read Rachael Ahrens's full review
Andy Gallas profile photo
October 02, 2015

Review: "Adobe Connect - A Highly Interactive Platform"

RVIBE uses Adobe Connect to assist our clients in holding meetings and broadcasting messages to their distributed workforce. Since RVIBE is the technical consultant and operator of Adobe Connect and and Adobe Connect is our preferred platform we use it company wide. Adobe Connect solves the problem of having a unified message delivered during a highly interactive virtual meeting while keeping a distributed work force in the field.
  • The main reason we chose Adobe Connect over other platforms is the robust Breakout Room option. Using Breakout Rooms in a class of 20-30 participants really drives interactivity in a virtual session. Participants love the design of small group activities RVIBE brings to a meeting and Adobe Connect is the tool of choice.
  • Polling is another great feature. The addition of Short answer polls let's our clients gain real insight into what their participants want. To be able to use polls in the event and not have to email them out our clients receive instant feedback and higher participation rating.
  • Custom pods. Adobe allows company's like RVIBE to create custom pods. RVIBE has created a GameShow Pod that helps drive gamification within an event. All RVIBE clients get to use this Pod free of charge and we have received great feedback . Its a simple pod that amplifies interactivity past what you can do in a live non virtual setting. RVIBE also has what we call our Vusion Pod. This brings HD quality video to the Adobe Connect environment. RVIBE is able to run multiple Adobe Connect sessions at the same time and with the Vusion Pod we can broadcast a live unified message to all sessions simultaneously. Think of a conference Town Hall then everyone goes to their small breakout sessions. With Adobe Connect and RVIBE Vusion you can conduct a Virtual Conference with a unified Town Hall!
  • The ability to Bridge TC systems and still conduct Breakout sessions is a great add for clients that are afraid to move to VoIP or just prefer TC over VoIP.
  • RVIBE is a company that helps produce events in Adobe Connect. We like to control the content being broadcasted to the end user. In the desktop version of Adobe Connect we have learned to do that very well by hiding Pods that need to be hidden and changing Layouts on the fly to keep a streamlined smooth event. Unfortunately the mobile app for some reason allows participants to see all pods and gives them the ability to view pods that are normally hidden from desktop users. A participant can basically click away from what you are presenting and get distracted by other things.
  • When a meeting is on hold a host is unable to promote potential presenters from the participant list so that person can join the pre-event meeting.
  • Because RVIBE is usually controlling the meeting for our clients the lack of bandwidth control is a bit upsetting. Version 8 had clear and separate controls for Video Bandwidth, Audio Bandwidth and Video resolution. in AC9.x those controls have been condensed.
For larger corporations vetting the scenarios out with your IT prior to purchasing or using a product like Adobe Connect is essential. RVIBE prides itself for successfully bridging the gap between you and your IT department. Does our distributed workforce have access to the microphone and webcams in their laptops or tablets. Are we forced to be on VPN? Is our Network large enough to handle holding a meeting with everyone at their desk? Do we need an HD broadcast because this is a VP and they need to look good?

For smaller companies do you need breakout rooms? How many participants will really be on each call? Adobe Connect might be too much technology for the cost.

It all comes down to the requirements. RVIBE takes the requirements and guides you down the right path.
Read Andy Gallas's full review
Mark Nowowiejski profile photo
October 02, 2015

User Review: "Adobe Connect in Higher Learning"

We use Adobe Connect in several ways including for holding online courses, meeting with remote employees, offering remote tech support to people in the field and also to conduct trainings and webinars. Most recently we have begun using the Vantage Point extension by Refined Data (pay) which help us manage our participants cameras and mics to improve the quality of the sessions.
PROS
Fairly easy to use, great mobile/tablet app and they host all your recordings
CONS
It's flash based which seems a bit of a concern to me - we've had issues in the past with conference line integrations to the point I advise people not to even bother with a conference line (it's an antiquated technology anyway). We're still pushing to get the ability to save our session recordings locally as MP4 files. I believe this feature is coming soon but ADOBE Is taking way too long. It should have been a basic feature from day 1.
Setting up meetings is particularly complicated compared to other tools. The UI could use an update too. It looks like late 90's version of Windows.
ALTERNATIVES
We looked at other options such as Zoom Meeting, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, Skype, Collaborate etc. But they were all either missing key features or the pricing structure was just insane.

• Polling
  • Lots of 3rd party add ons available
  • desktop sharing
  • User Interface is dated
  • Setting up meeting is cumbersome, many of our instructors get confused by it
  • Being able to download recording to local computer is way over due
If you can afford it I think Zoom Meeting is better
Blackboard Collaborate is headed in the right direction but they're not there yet.
Read Mark Nowowiejski's full review
Erik Crawford profile photo
September 30, 2015

Review: "Adobe Connect - The Luxury Car of Collaboration Tools"

Adobe Connect is being used across my entire organization to deliver dozens of webinars every week, facilitate meetings, and deliver training. As a sales and marketing organization it allows us to meet with vendors, partners and other colleagues to conduct business. Internally, we use it for training purposes to get new hires up to speed quickly and to keep the experienced employees aware of product changes and upgrades. Our Marketing team uses the webinar module to produce high quality events that reach a large number of customers. Adobe Connect allows us to meet more often and to reach a globally dispersed customer base.
  • Adobe Connect doesn't require a download for participants, so getting customers, partners, vendors and other users into our meetings, webinars and virtual classrooms is easy. We deal with a lot of locked down, security conscious, agencies and company's so this is huge for us. We don't have to worry if someone is on a MAC or a PC, or what browser they are using, they just click a link and get in.
  • The meeting rooms we create are persistent, so we can use the same virtual meeting space over and over. We can customize the URL's so that the people we invite come to the same place every time we meet. And the room is always how we last left it which is nice when you have a weekly recurring meeting.
  • Security is important to our company, so having SSL encryption and the ability to turn on/off certain features is essential. We can also set permissions as to who and how users can access our meeting rooms.
  • The campaign tracking and lead qualification features of the webinar module allow us to see how well we are driving leads from different sources. We can analyze how user view our events and where they exit the registration process to help us improve our marketing content and verbiage.
  • The training module is great and provides a lot of analytics, but the reporting could be updated to a fresher look, especially when exporting data into a spreadsheet.
  • The webinar module can do a lot of great things, but it does have a learning curve. Streamlining the process to make it more intuitive would be a nice change.
  • There is a ton of cutomization that can be done from a branding perspective, but there are a few places where you are locked into Adobe's verbiage and it would be nice if everything could be branded the way we want it.
We have seen several use cases for Adobe Connect from our customers including; telework, emergency preparedness, help desk support, interviewing, court hearings and edugaming. There are still situations, especially in the government, where meeting face to face is a must, but Adobe Connect has become a mission critical piece of software taht we use everyday. Adobe Connect has a large network of reseller, distributors and partners that are all capable of providing an excellent experience when acquiring Adobe Connect for your organization.
Read Erik Crawford's full review
Julie Lawrence profile photo
August 19, 2015

Adobe Connect Review: "Connect with Adobe"

Over the past two years, Rasmussen College has moved to more real-time virtual teaching opportunities to connect students, primarily in the online format or through live office hours to their instructors. The college moved towards implementing Adobe Connect in Live Lectures and also in virtual meetings connecting students from across the world and campuses across 22 campuses and online. This has allowed us to make personal connections through face to face interactions. It has increased personal relationships and developed stronger bonds between students and faculty as well as across departments.
  • Adobe Connect allows the opportunity for students to truly get to know their instructors who may not be available in person.
  • File sharing and uploading; ease of sharing materials.
  • Polling abilities to keep students actively involved in the discussions and engaged in the online forum.
  • Easy to use including screen sharing, video options and methods for engaging participants.
  • Faculty meetings and department meetings across all campuses are more easily facilitated with more people in attendance.
  • Adobe Connect takes time to get comfortable with (as does anything!)
  • At times, the uploading of files and the formats acceptable can be a challenge.
  • Audio on playbacks can be off. This might be a bandwidth issue.
This format is great for a college environment for multiple reasons. For students and student engagement, it gives students real-time interactions with teachers and other students increasing understanding of different perspectives and increasing discussions. For faculty, it allows more flexibility with meetings to further engage faculty in meeting spaces to share best practices and roll out new information.
Read Julie Lawrence's full review
James Lloyd profile photo
October 09, 2015

Review: "Memories of Adobe Connect v8 for realtime and self-paced learning."

Connect was used to provide just-in-time training to global employees in three topic areas - technical support, sales support and international sales support. Connect Meeting was used to webcast SME presentations which were recorded for later viewing and connecting to Adobe Events with short quiz/evaluation objects. Connect Training was also used for asynchronous lessons on product features and support.
  • At that time, Connect was the most accessible webcasting tool available due to the ubiquity of Adobe Flash. All other webcasting tools were very difficult for participants.
  • The ability for web hosts to customize the screen layout.
  • Meeting rooms persist and can be prepared in advanced and reused for webcasting a series of events.
  • I am concerned but also unaware of the future of Connect with regards to web browsers banning Adobe Flash.
  • Connect Training in version 8 would have been better if there were a way to identify employee/supervisor relationships so that supervisors could monitor employee learning.
  • Connect Training in version 8 could have used a better training summary for users to understand what training they needed to complete.
Cost is a major consideration with Connect. In my current role Blackboard Collaborate has been selected as the organizational tool, though Connect is still supported at a per-use cost. Free web meeting alternatives are improving such as Skype and Google Hangouts so there are more alternatives for basic events. More sophisticated events will still need tools like Connect.
Read James Lloyd's full review
John Crouch profile photo
October 09, 2015

Adobe Connect Review: "Real-time solution for cross functional presentations."

Presently Adobe Connect is used both to support cross functional marketing efforts and as a training tool. It is not an enterprise based solutions at the present time.
  • Sharing applications, presentation and desktops in hi res.
  • Surveying the audience for real-time feedback.
  • Switching between presenters and sharing the admin role.
  • The VOIP function does not have the quality provided by an audio conference bridge.
  • Local bandwidth issues make connections difficult or result in lost connections. Connect uses a lot of bandwidth.
  • Sometime the recorded events are not readily available for replay.
Connect is extremely usefully when providing large organizations with prerecorded training modules.
Read John Crouch's full review
Todd DiBrito profile photo
December 12, 2014

Adobe Connect Review: "Adobe- You cannot go wrong!"

We use Adobe Connect across the organization for Meetings and Training purposes. It solves the travel gap for training and allows for audio/video to deliver information in a seamless way.
  • Connect ability - no downloading like GoToMeeting
  • Ease of use for presenters - archive and sharing connect is great
  • Communication Styles- It is great to have audio, visual, chat, and poll functions
  • Break out rooms - when training we can present a topic, then give an exercise and have group break out remotely to complete the exercise.
  • Graphic Display- It does not support all graphics (WordArt). All graphics must be saved as objects
  • Screen Share and Presentation Window can sometimes be small, when you are using Chat/Webcam
What is the goal of the training? Who is my audience? What is the level of engagement I need them to have?
Read Todd DiBrito's full review
Brendan Shields profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "Adobe Connect - A highly customizable and robust platform for live online events"

Our department uses Adobe Connect to deliver highly interactive live online training. We deliver over 100 training programs every month and utilize Adobe Connect to help us put on several training sessions each day. With this program, we can keep things interactive and give participants a chance to experience something beyond a standard lecture or webinar. By using the status tools, whiteboards, breakout rooms, and other tools, we get attendees involved and give them a unique experience where we are able to address their individual needs.
  • Very flexible and customizable. We deliver many different types of sessions with a number of layouts. Setting these up is quick and painless.
  • Reliable performance. I have used many different live online event programs and this is the most reliable in my opinion.
  • The template feature allows us to create a series of layouts for one type of session and easily duplicate them when we are ready to run another session of the same program.
  • Breakout rooms and whiteboard tools allow us to replicate the feel and interactivity of a face to face classroom.
  • The customer service could be better. Whenever a problem arises it can be difficult to quickly resolve.
  • It could be more customizable in terms of aesthetics. A bit boring looking.
  • Our needs are fairly unique for Adobe Connect as we deliver so many programs each week. It would be nice to be able to work with a representative to further customize the program for our unique needs.
The cost may be prohibitive for one's needs. If you are delivering many events per week that need to be highly customizable, Adobe Connect is a great choice. If you just need something for virtual staff meetings or standard webinars, a less expensive and less robust program may prove to be a better choice. ReadyTalk in particular is a good alternative, WebEx may be a good fit as well.
Read Brendan Shields's full review
Julie Wuebker profile photo
November 26, 2014

Review: "Adobe Connect for Education and Training"

We use Adobe Connect to
  • Deliver and track HR/Compliance Training
  • Support Online Meetings for employees
  • Support Online Meetings for students in their classes
  • Deliver and Track content
  • Provides direct and seamless integration with desktop development tools like Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate
  • Granular access control features for content, content folders
  • Granular quiz reporting options
  • Robust meeting and training platform
  • Direct integration with our Learning Management System, BlueQuill
  • Self-service for meeting Hosts
  • It is difficult to get resolutions to issues from Adobe directly
  • The automatic reminders and email functions work inconsistently - known issue
  • Reporting features work inconsistently - known issue
  • Although there is a high-level of granularity with the configuration and permissions, there are a number of permissions that are locked down that we would like to have been able to configure.
With a well thought out strategy for usage implementation, and a detailed strategy for content development/delivery, Connect works well for HR and Education. Connect is highly feature rich. In many ways you are limited only by the desktop development tools and your design talent. Between HD video and PowerPoint content with audio, the range of content delivery and tracking is very wide.
Through much research and testing, we were able to integrate Adobe Connect with our LMS for auto-creation of course sections and meetings. So, it is possible to customize the implementation.

Read Julie Wuebker's full review

High quality audio (20)
High quality video (20)
Low bandwidth requirements (18)
5.9
Mobile support (12)
6.1
Desktop sharing (20)
Whiteboards (16)
Calendar integration (12)
Meeting initiation (18)
Integrates with social media (10)
Record meetings / events (21)
Slideshows (12)
Live chat (21)
Audience polling (18)
9.2
Q&A (13)
User authentication (19)
Participant roles & permissions (21)
Confidential attendee list (14)

About Adobe Connect