Adobe Connect is software used to create information and general presentations, online training materials, web conferencing, learning modules, and user desktop sharing. The product is entirely Adobe Flash based.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/cK/jY/1XN9JTDUH7RO.JPEGAdobe Connect: Communication 101In my organization, we use Adobe Connect on a daily basis to ensure immediate communications between consultants and managers (Team Leaders). The ability to connect one on one, go to a breakout, share information, and get immediate assistance when assisting customers is vital in today's virtual world. Used in various departments and with various vendors within my organization, Adobe Connect solves problems by allowing employees to receive answers as soon as they are posted in the room. If we have an issue that requires a Manager to view our screen, etc., this can be done in the current room, or Managers may choose to move to new rooms giving one-on-one assistance. In addition, file sharing and polls help the employee respond to questions as a whole, or individually based upon the needs of the managers. Adobe Connect also solves the problem of communication in a business by not limiting interactions to the typed word, but also allows for attendees and hosts to communicate by calling into a phone number with a passcode for one, or multiple employees to access the room and bridge; thus, allowing vocal communication if needed. This can be limited by the hosts.,Training,Immediate communication within a secure environment between the host, or hosts, and attendees is a major benefit of Adobe Connect. The ability to screen share is second to none and can be done immediately in the current session, or if the host pulls an attendee, or attendees, to a Break Out. File sharing when those important files come through that require notification to a group as a whole is also something Adobe Connect does well. Finally, the ability to post polls, create a white board for interaction with employees, and other items are just some of the benefits of Adobe Connect,The one major issue I have experienced with Adobe Connect is the lag or "boot" when there are too many people present. When attendees reached the maximum amount, I see a huge lag when moving to a Break Out, an unresponsive or frozen room, or one may get what we term "booted". This is very frustrating for employees when time is of the essence.Opening up the parameters a bit on attendees to prevent these issues would be greatly appreciated. Color. Color. Color. Although you are in a working environment, color is appreciate, but limited when creating pods to discuss or post items. The background is very drab and has no "pop" to it. Employees may see items differently if the pods background was something other than gray. Videos. Videos tend to have a lag as well when doing real-time face to face discussion. There seems to be a pixelation issue that has been occurring for years now when viewing videos.,8,On a positive note, I believe this has increased the scores of agents in a way that is influential and it shows. Getting immediate answers for problems plaguing our agents is first and foremost in making sure that we are not only addressing the vendors needs, but the customer's as well. We have used other platforms in the past. This has a far better impact on our overall numbers, I believe, as well as employee success and confidence. Negative impacts by employees and affecting overall numbers in the company may be attributed to the lag or "boot" when agents are removed from the room without warning. This can cause confidence of agents to plummet and leave them without any support.,Skype for Business,Avaya, Skype for Business, Kronos Workforce CentralAdobe Connects the Dots--MostlyAdobe Connect is used for recorded meetings of individuals who are in all parts of the country at the time of the meeting. We also use it to store recorded webinars that we can link viewers too. It supports the regular meetings of the Executive Board, provides recordings for minutes, and allows us to host Live Webinars or archive webinars for distribution.,Provides a recorded archive of meetings and training webinars. This fact is important as we need a record of the events and redistribute archived training. Allows many participants to attend the Live Webinars or meetings without issue. As the number of participants is not the same each time, having the ability to invite as many as possible is a real plus. Provides a log in the email with a link and connection information for people to join the meeting or webinar. This step is important as without it, people could not actually enjoy the benefits of the meeting or webinar.,Although it is a necessity to have the login email information shared with participants, we have had occasions when the link did not work properly or--more often--the Meeting ID did not allow the participant to enter the meeting room. As this is an issue that is only discovered at the meeting time (you cannot "try it" before the meeting time), it is problematic when it does not work. Adobe Connect does not have the ability to SHARE SCREENS. There is one presenter who can put up documents for the participants to view, but there is no ability to change the Presenter so that multiple screens could be shared. In a roundtable discussion, it would be helpful if different people could share or trade control during the same meeting. There is no ability to see the participants. Although I am sometimes in my lounge clothes when I attend an Adobe Connect meeting, face-to-face contact is helpful for engaging with an audience or for nonverbal communication. Although I think each participant should have control over the ability to use or not use video, I think it should be an option.,6,Adobe is a communication platform that has benefited us as it allows us to "transact" our meetings. Without it or a similar platform, we could not host our meetings at all. Adobe requires many manual steps to share a webinar or something from the archive. The process is cumbersome for the user and could be improved. In our organization, the leadership roles change sometimes annually. There has been an issue with the NAME on the account being "married" to the original user rather than to the organization. This fact is problematic as it reflects a person at login that is no longer with the organization. It is also difficult to change admin settings for leadership changes. In an ever-moving organization, we would like these features improved without compromising security.,,Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365, IBM SPSSFunction and Form with a Learning CurveAdobe has allowed us to keep our training headcount limited while still providing training to individuals around the country. Adobe allows a team of 8 to support 200+ individuals on each new hire week, in 50+ offices in 36 states. Adobe being used for training has also allowed us to refocus some other individuals away from training and into other projects because of the reach the program now allows us to have. The product allows us to provide live customer-facing demonstrations of new technology. We're able to send a quick link and easily screencast and conference with customers across the country.,Internal communications Lead generation Training,All of my Adobe presentations look extremely professional. The ability to import files that I've created in other programs allows me to utilize different design tools and bring their best elements with me. Breakout rooms are excellent for taking a large class and separating them into smaller groups where they can collaborate and then come back to the large group experience. This is vital for us in building a virtual learning space that people are actively engaged in. Simple interface for starting cameras and microphones. We've used some other products that needed their own manual for turning on a webcam. This is a simple click and even provides a preview before anything goes live. This is in addition to a splash screen when you enter a meeting that will walk all new users through the process, saving the presenters time.,Our biggest complaint is always the lag in VoIP conferencing. It seems to fluctuate, but we can have as much as 5-7 seconds of delay at times. This can be a quick way to stifle any discussion that might be taking place. This ends up with a lot of people talking over one another. First-time users sometimes have issues getting the program to open. There is an initial download to get the meeting rooms open and if it doesn't happen automatically, we need to instruct users to try and rejoin the meeting. This isn't a difficult step, but it can prove to be annoying when working with 30-50 new users at one time.,7,Provided a larger platform for us to expand our training nationally. Regardless of location, we've been able to provide L&D resources to every level of the company. The easy user interface has allowed us to provide accounts for multiple departments bringing their meetings together nationwide with video and presentations, rather than just a conference call.,,Workday Human Capital Management, Skype for Business, Ambition, Chrome River EXPENSE,,,Training Department meetings Webinars,Recording quick-hit videos with attached documentation for people to view when it fits their schedule.,10a perfect software for doing the works remotelyVirtual meetings and trainings. It's been a much more effective platform than our previous one for online education.,Internal communications Training,We have been using Adobe Connect for several years, and so far everybody seems very happy with it. I like it as a webinar platform as it has a nice mix of features From my perspective as a technical course developer, it is my hope was to use a software product that is intuitive, powerful and seamless for my eLearning courses. Adobe Connect delivered on all three. The Adobe Connect Library directory structure and file sharing options felt very familiar and were easy to navigate and deleting files/changing file names if I goofed up was a breeze. Being able to easily upload my PowerPoint/Presenter converted lessons saved me time and allowed me to share my work with other developers and instructors for review and testing simply by emailing the course link. Personally, I like very much the fact that you can easily share your screen with others, or allow them to take control of yours. The tool is very intuitive, and this is proven by the fact that nobody ever needed any training on it.,At times there are issues using Adobe Connect with different browsers, like Chrome. I hope that Adobe Connect has plans to update its software to be more compatible with this and other browsers, especially for students who use Apple computers and don't use Internet Explorer. Different user settings can also make it difficult to hear when people speak via their microphones. The only drawback came with co-teaching some distance education sessions. Both participants had to be in the same room and it got a little clunky at times. It would be nice if there was a way to set up a private window between presenters to exchange notes during a session.,8,The UI is very dated, integration with Eloqua needs improvement, meeting recording can also be improved, automated emails could be improved, event set up could be improved and audience engagement can also be improved,Lifesize Video Conferencing, GoToMeeting and Blackboard Collaborate,Slack, Skype for BusinessAdobe Connect - Training NOT just meetingAdobe Connect is being used by the companies that I consult with to deliver virtual training programs. It is replacing other options to provide more interaction and engagement.,Training,Provides several options for participant interaction Manages and maintains content and room layouts Customizable and flexible set up and delivery Multiple Hosts True Breakout room capabilities,Still too difficult to get participants up and running on connection to a meeting Still uses flash which blocks access to content or to access to a meeting Steep learning curve A few glitches and idiosyncrasies that need experience to address,9,Clients have seen a substantial cost reduction in training Clients have reduced participant travel costs using adobe connect to deliver training - especially to remote locations and widespread filed based participants,Zoom, WebEx Meetings, GoToMeeting and Skype for Business,Skype for Business, Camtasia, Adobe Presenter
Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect Reviews

Adobe Connect
Filter 281 vetted Adobe Connect reviews and ratings
Shauna Stermer profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Connect: Communication 101"

• Immediate communication within a secure environment between the host, or hosts, and attendees is a major benefit of Adobe Connect.
  • The ability to screen share is second to none and can be done immediately in the current session, or if the host pulls an attendee, or attendees, to a Break Out.
  • File sharing when those important files come through that require notification to a group as a whole is also something Adobe Connect does well.
  • Finally, the ability to post polls, create a white board for interaction with employees, and other items are just some of the benefits of Adobe Connect
  • The one major issue I have experienced with Adobe Connect is the lag or "boot" when there are too many people present. When attendees reached the maximum amount, I see a huge lag when moving to a Break Out, an unresponsive or frozen room, or one may get what we term "booted". This is very frustrating for employees when time is of the essence.Opening up the parameters a bit on attendees to prevent these issues would be greatly appreciated.
  • Color. Color. Color. Although you are in a working environment, color is appreciate, but limited when creating pods to discuss or post items. The background is very drab and has no "pop" to it. Employees may see items differently if the pods background was something other than gray.
  • Videos. Videos tend to have a lag as well when doing real-time face to face discussion. There seems to be a pixelation issue that has been occurring for years now when viewing videos.
If communicating with 30-90 agents in the virtual world, Adobe Connect definitely allows for the communication in a simplified environment. For example, f you have 30 agents taking calls, this program offers a way for agents to communicate. If questions are needed answered, the hosts have the ability to pose those questions and get answers from the group. In a smaller group, this may be a bit of overkill and may not be needed. Large groups of 75-100 would create and environment that is less appropriate as there are to many people asking questions and not receiving answers. This amount of people in one room may get lost in the confusion.
Read Shauna Stermer's full review
Anissa Harris profile photo
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Adobe Connects the Dots--Mostly"

• Provides a recorded archive of meetings and training webinars. This fact is important as we need a record of the events and redistribute archived training.
  • Allows many participants to attend the Live Webinars or meetings without issue. As the number of participants is not the same each time, having the ability to invite as many as possible is a real plus.
  • Provides a log in the email with a link and connection information for people to join the meeting or webinar. This step is important as without it, people could not actually enjoy the benefits of the meeting or webinar.
  • Although it is a necessity to have the login email information shared with participants, we have had occasions when the link did not work properly or--more often--the Meeting ID did not allow the participant to enter the meeting room. As this is an issue that is only discovered at the meeting time (you cannot "try it" before the meeting time), it is problematic when it does not work.
  • Adobe Connect does not have the ability to SHARE SCREENS. There is one presenter who can put up documents for the participants to view, but there is no ability to change the Presenter so that multiple screens could be shared. In a roundtable discussion, it would be helpful if different people could share or trade control during the same meeting.
  • There is no ability to see the participants. Although I am sometimes in my lounge clothes when I attend an Adobe Connect meeting, face-to-face contact is helpful for engaging with an audience or for nonverbal communication. Although I think each participant should have control over the ability to use or not use video, I think it should be an option.
Adobe is a solid platform for a one-way presentation with one presenter sharing information to many others. There is an option for computer audio, or dial in by phone--a feature that I have used repeatedly when I was ON THE GO but needed to attend a meeting. Adobe has a recording function which is perfect for archiving minutes or discussions or saving training sessions that we redistribute later.
Read Anissa Harris's full review
Zach Wasson profile photo
June 15, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "Function and Form with a Learning Curve"

• All of my Adobe presentations look extremely professional. The ability to import files that I've created in other programs allows me to utilize different design tools and bring their best elements with me.
  • Breakout rooms are excellent for taking a large class and separating them into smaller groups where they can collaborate and then come back to the large group experience. This is vital for us in building a virtual learning space that people are actively engaged in.
  • Simple interface for starting cameras and microphones. We've used some other products that needed their own manual for turning on a webcam. This is a simple click and even provides a preview before anything goes live. This is in addition to a splash screen when you enter a meeting that will walk all new users through the process, saving the presenters time.
  • Our biggest complaint is always the lag in VoIP conferencing. It seems to fluctuate, but we can have as much as 5-7 seconds of delay at times. This can be a quick way to stifle any discussion that might be taking place. This ends up with a lot of people talking over one another.
  • First-time users sometimes have issues getting the program to open. There is an initial download to get the meeting rooms open and if it doesn't happen automatically, we need to instruct users to try and rejoin the meeting. This isn't a difficult step, but it can prove to be annoying when working with 30-50 new users at one time.
Figure out if you're looking for a conferencing tool or a training tool. If the primary purpose is going to be for web meetings, then I would likely look elsewhere. There is better standalone conferencing software. If you're trying to upgrade your training platform, this is a great option. They offer an abundance of tools that make this a viable option for those who will be presenting without producers as well.
Read Zach Wasson's full review
dave g profile photo
September 24, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "a perfect software for doing the works remotely"

• We have been using Adobe Connect for several years, and so far everybody seems very happy with it.
  • I like it as a webinar platform as it has a nice mix of features
  • From my perspective as a technical course developer, it is my hope was to use a software product that is intuitive, powerful and seamless for my eLearning courses. Adobe Connect delivered on all three. The Adobe Connect Library directory structure and file sharing options felt very familiar and were easy to navigate and deleting files/changing file names if I goofed up was a breeze. Being able to easily upload my PowerPoint/Presenter converted lessons saved me time and allowed me to share my work with other developers and instructors for review and testing simply by emailing the course link.
  • Personally, I like very much the fact that you can easily share your screen with others, or allow them to take control of yours. The tool is very intuitive, and this is proven by the fact that nobody ever needed any training on it.
  • At times there are issues using Adobe Connect with different browsers, like Chrome. I hope that Adobe Connect has plans to update its software to be more compatible with this and other browsers, especially for students who use Apple computers and don't use Internet Explorer. Different user settings can also make it difficult to hear when people speak via their microphones.
  • The only drawback came with co-teaching some distance education sessions. Both participants had to be in the same room and it got a little clunky at times. It would be nice if there was a way to set up a private window between presenters to exchange notes during a session.
If looking for a standard 100 seat license, the service is affordable. Additional licenses in the past were obscenely priced and does limit our outreach. Adobe Connect has been a very useful tool for communicating with the ability to share presentation material to a wide audience.

Read dave g's full review
Kevin Gudmundsen profile photo
June 18, 2018

Review: "Adobe Connect - Training NOT just meeting"

• Provides several options for participant interaction
  • Manages and maintains content and room layouts
  • Customizable and flexible set up and delivery
  • Multiple Hosts
  • True Breakout room capabilities
  • Still too difficult to get participants up and running on connection to a meeting
  • Still uses flash which blocks access to content or to access to a meeting
  • Steep learning curve
  • A few glitches and idiosyncrasies that need experience to address
Training small groups of people that require breakout rooms and high levels of interaction. Training where the same content is delivered multiple times over time - because you can maintain a persistent room layout and content Meetings where multiple people may need to present and support the meeting at the same time
Read Kevin Gudmundsen's full review
Ashley Erickson profile photo
June 18, 2018

Review: "Adobe Connect allows for interactive, inclusive meetings"

We use Adobe Connect for meetings where some of our participants are offsite. Our whole organization uses it. It solves the problem of access to remote members.
  • Provides access to materials
  • Inclusivity
  • Option to receive commentary
  • It's a little clunky to set up an event.
  • I wish you could view more comments at once in the chat box.
For virtual meetings
Read Ashley Erickson's full review
March 18, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "A one stop shop with very mediocre products"

Our team is located in 3 different cities. So it mainly helps us to have virtual meetings together and make sure that everyone sees content that we want to discuss.
  • I like the many options the program offers such as chatbox, share screen, record meetings (to generate on-demand content for those who cannot attend a meeting).
  • The quality (resolution) of webcam and screen share is very poor, other programs such as Workplace have a better webcam resolution
  • Live streaming has a lot of lag (this might be a network issue)
- hosting remote meeting
- generating simple on-demand content
February 28, 2018

Adobe Connect Review: "One of the best"

We use it for client education purposes. It allows us to have live and interactive online classes with our clients that are learning about markets and our products. We can share our screens with them; they can see us with the camera and the quality is amazing.
  • Share screens with good quality resolution.
  • Interactive since you can have quality live interaction with clients.
  • Not heavy on the system. It is not demanding on your PC.
  • No comment at this time here. I feel it offers the complete package.
[It's well suited for] live online seminars. It allows us to have an amazing experience with our clients. We share our screens; they can have a view of what we do and vice versa. We can take control of their screens if needed to assist.
Michael Martinez profile photo
February 16, 2017

Adobe Connect Review: "Great webinar software!"

Currently, we are using adobe connect for virtual meetings and instructor led training. It addresses the issues of travel costs and time. Additionally, it offers up the flexibility to hold meetings and share documents on demand.
  • Adobe Connect does a good job of making your organization look professional once configured correctly.
  • The built in features are typically more robust than other webinar software.
  • The database that stores content as well as webinar recordings is extremely useful.
  • The content area allows for SCORM content which makes this easily distributed without having a server.
  • User management is a breeze.
  • The training module (LMS) is not designed for instructor led training. If you are trying to use this as an LMS, keep in mind that you will have to create workarounds for ILT training (or at least we did.)
  • The application is currently not in HTML 5. Once this is updated, this will be a huge upgrade.
  • Screen sharing requires a plugin download.
  • Email and event management can be cumbersome.
Adobe connect is great for webinars. It is also great for SCORM content and tracking. Adobe connect is not good for instructor-led training. If you are going to use this as an LMS, please keep this in mind.
Read Michael Martinez's full review
Todd Sage profile photo
December 09, 2016

Adobe Connect Review: "Good for my class environment"

We utilize Adobe Connect for our online BSSW and MSW programs and I find that it is the perfect platform for my online teaching environment.
  • Ability to stream videos.
  • Ability to use Chat for engagement.
  • Need to allow for interactive PowerPoint presentations without having to do a screen share.
  • Ability to record individual breakout rooms.
Course presentations can be as interactive as needed or you can use the platform for lecture style teaching.
Read Todd Sage's full review
Bjørn Erik Ekstrøm profile photo
May 04, 2016

Review: "A love hate relationship with Adobe Connect."

There are essential two uses of this tool within our organisation, with these departments being our customer care and marketing. It's used to conduct training sessions and also to host our webinars; where for the later, we'll select a hot topic that is of interest to both clients and leads alike, and host an inspirational session with the chance to answer questions at the end. This facilitates the need to either hold a Q&A session, inspiration session, workshop, or for presentations regarding a hot topic.
  • Rearranging of room: When hosting a large presentation (of more than 300), the room can easily be converted into a customized-room or break-out session for example with ease.
  • Preparation of Rooms: You are able to prepare a presentation before hand, where all questions can be created for a poll, notes are created for yourself, presentations uploaded and tested, and also a test of the sound. This helps to ensure that all facets are in working order and ready-to-go!
  • Switch & Assigning of roles: It is very easy to switch between presenters, assign new presenters, upgrade viewers, and so forth.
  • Multi-cam views: It is great that there can be multiple web-cams from presenters used at once. I believe the limit is 4, or at least this is the most that we have tried.
  • Emailing of Chat transcript: You can easily send yourself a copy of the chat, which goes to the registered admin of the room.
  • Upload of Presentations: There seems to be a problem with the uploading of PowerPoint presentations at times. This results in multiple test, converting into PDFs, changing it up for the best results. This is because there are times when the images are lost, slides are missing or other small things.
  • Sound Issues: There have been instances where our out-of-house guest speaker has not been able to hear us (being the host). This resulted in a lot of typing back and forth between people. Also, there are times when there the is a lot of echoing in the room, so testing is absolutely recommended.
  • Reporting on Attendees: There should be a way to ensure that all email address are collected to show to the host who attended. At times, participants use fake name, abbreviations, and so forth. So this means that it can be very time consuming to review at the end. Plus, we use Marketo for the follow-up activities and Adobe does not transmit the right statuses, so this requires a manual fix at times. More time being taken.
  • New release of product features: It has taken a long time to get video recordings to be converted into MP4, which now can be done.
Works great for webinars, meetings and break-out sessions in my opinion. These are the types of scenarios that I have tested, but the only problem would be the price in relation to services. Rooms can be customised to fit your needs too, so just keep that in-mind as this can prove to be very useful.
Read Bjørn Erik Ekstrøm's full review
Eric Batson profile photo
July 11, 2016

Adobe Connect Review: "Adobe Captivate - Connecting Colleagues"

We used Adobe Connect to train, conduct meetings and generally interact with colleagues around the world. It was used, by varying degrees, by many of our organization's colleagues across the organization/world. It allowed us to conduct business and provide training to employees in remote locations. Communication was faster, in real-time and cheap. Conducting training, meetings and other communication with this tool allowed us to save on the cost of travel and bypass miscommunication that may occur in email and instant messaging.
  • It allows you to conduct meetings with multiple parties in various locations, simultaneously.
  • It allows you to share files wth participants. They can download documents you upload to the "meeting" space.
  • It provides the capability to share the "hosting" role, so others can take over virtual control of the meeting while the meeting is still in progress.
  • The interface is practical, but could be more aesthetically pleasing. Other, similar software has a more modern, slick look.
I found it to be quite useful as a training tool. I could interact with individuals from multiple locations simultaneously, share my screen with a PowerPoint, video or on-screen demonstration and share training documents users could reference during or after our sessions. Participants could also type feedback in the chat pod even if the audio was muted for the training participants.
Read Eric Batson's full review
Rachael Ahrens profile photo
May 05, 2016

Review: "Adobe Connect is the best cumulative meeting room product I've found"

Our clients participate in a year-long consultant engagement. Clients are all across the US and Canada so we needed a reliable, dynamic meeting software that allowed us to cumulatively build on the clients' knowledge all year, not just a 1-off meeting room. Just our small, 5 person team uses it for our client work as other service engagements don't require cumulative meeting room knowledge.
  • Design flexibility, moving "pods" of information around, hiding them, changing the look of the meeting room to best keep the attention of the attendees.
  • Completely audio conference agnostic.
  • Stores info from meeting to meeting so clients can access info from past sessions easily.
  • Difficult to track down support; once you do they are helpful but their website is far too vast and getting a person on chat or phone is tricky.
  • Reporting is lacking.
If you need meeting room design flexibility or cumulative knowledge storage in a single meeting room, there is no comparison. WebEx, GoToMeeting and others are more for quick one time meetings, not appropriate for a year long services agreement where the same meeting room and info is required from meeting to meeting.
Read Rachael Ahrens's full review
Andy Gallas profile photo
October 02, 2015

Review: "Adobe Connect - A Highly Interactive Platform"

RVIBE uses Adobe Connect to assist our clients in holding meetings and broadcasting messages to their distributed workforce. Since RVIBE is the technical consultant and operator of Adobe Connect and and Adobe Connect is our preferred platform we use it company wide. Adobe Connect solves the problem of having a unified message delivered during a highly interactive virtual meeting while keeping a distributed work force in the field.
  • The main reason we chose Adobe Connect over other platforms is the robust Breakout Room option. Using Breakout Rooms in a class of 20-30 participants really drives interactivity in a virtual session. Participants love the design of small group activities RVIBE brings to a meeting and Adobe Connect is the tool of choice.
  • Polling is another great feature. The addition of Short answer polls let's our clients gain real insight into what their participants want. To be able to use polls in the event and not have to email them out our clients receive instant feedback and higher participation rating.
  • Custom pods. Adobe allows company's like RVIBE to create custom pods. RVIBE has created a GameShow Pod that helps drive gamification within an event. All RVIBE clients get to use this Pod free of charge and we have received great feedback . Its a simple pod that amplifies interactivity past what you can do in a live non virtual setting. RVIBE also has what we call our Vusion Pod. This brings HD quality video to the Adobe Connect environment. RVIBE is able to run multiple Adobe Connect sessions at the same time and with the Vusion Pod we can broadcast a live unified message to all sessions simultaneously. Think of a conference Town Hall then everyone goes to their small breakout sessions. With Adobe Connect and RVIBE Vusion you can conduct a Virtual Conference with a unified Town Hall!
  • The ability to Bridge TC systems and still conduct Breakout sessions is a great add for clients that are afraid to move to VoIP or just prefer TC over VoIP.
  • RVIBE is a company that helps produce events in Adobe Connect. We like to control the content being broadcasted to the end user. In the desktop version of Adobe Connect we have learned to do that very well by hiding Pods that need to be hidden and changing Layouts on the fly to keep a streamlined smooth event. Unfortunately the mobile app for some reason allows participants to see all pods and gives them the ability to view pods that are normally hidden from desktop users. A participant can basically click away from what you are presenting and get distracted by other things.
  • When a meeting is on hold a host is unable to promote potential presenters from the participant list so that person can join the pre-event meeting.
  • Because RVIBE is usually controlling the meeting for our clients the lack of bandwidth control is a bit upsetting. Version 8 had clear and separate controls for Video Bandwidth, Audio Bandwidth and Video resolution. in AC9.x those controls have been condensed.
For larger corporations vetting the scenarios out with your IT prior to purchasing or using a product like Adobe Connect is essential. RVIBE prides itself for successfully bridging the gap between you and your IT department. Does our distributed workforce have access to the microphone and webcams in their laptops or tablets. Are we forced to be on VPN? Is our Network large enough to handle holding a meeting with everyone at their desk? Do we need an HD broadcast because this is a VP and they need to look good?

For smaller companies do you need breakout rooms? How many participants will really be on each call? Adobe Connect might be too much technology for the cost.

It all comes down to the requirements. RVIBE takes the requirements and guides you down the right path.
Read Andy Gallas's full review
Mark Nowowiejski profile photo
October 02, 2015

User Review: "Adobe Connect in Higher Learning"

We use Adobe Connect in several ways including for holding online courses, meeting with remote employees, offering remote tech support to people in the field and also to conduct trainings and webinars. Most recently we have begun using the Vantage Point extension by Refined Data (pay) which help us manage our participants cameras and mics to improve the quality of the sessions.
PROS
Fairly easy to use, great mobile/tablet app and they host all your recordings
CONS
It's flash based which seems a bit of a concern to me - we've had issues in the past with conference line integrations to the point I advise people not to even bother with a conference line (it's an antiquated technology anyway). We're still pushing to get the ability to save our session recordings locally as MP4 files. I believe this feature is coming soon but ADOBE Is taking way too long. It should have been a basic feature from day 1.
Setting up meetings is particularly complicated compared to other tools. The UI could use an update too. It looks like late 90's version of Windows.
ALTERNATIVES
We looked at other options such as Zoom Meeting, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, Skype, Collaborate etc. But they were all either missing key features or the pricing structure was just insane.

• Polling
  • Lots of 3rd party add ons available
  • desktop sharing
  • User Interface is dated
  • Setting up meeting is cumbersome, many of our instructors get confused by it
  • Being able to download recording to local computer is way over due
If you can afford it I think Zoom Meeting is better
Blackboard Collaborate is headed in the right direction but they're not there yet.
Read Mark Nowowiejski's full review
Erik Crawford profile photo
September 30, 2015

Review: "Adobe Connect - The Luxury Car of Collaboration Tools"

Adobe Connect is being used across my entire organization to deliver dozens of webinars every week, facilitate meetings, and deliver training. As a sales and marketing organization it allows us to meet with vendors, partners and other colleagues to conduct business. Internally, we use it for training purposes to get new hires up to speed quickly and to keep the experienced employees aware of product changes and upgrades. Our Marketing team uses the webinar module to produce high quality events that reach a large number of customers. Adobe Connect allows us to meet more often and to reach a globally dispersed customer base.
  • Adobe Connect doesn't require a download for participants, so getting customers, partners, vendors and other users into our meetings, webinars and virtual classrooms is easy. We deal with a lot of locked down, security conscious, agencies and company's so this is huge for us. We don't have to worry if someone is on a MAC or a PC, or what browser they are using, they just click a link and get in.
  • The meeting rooms we create are persistent, so we can use the same virtual meeting space over and over. We can customize the URL's so that the people we invite come to the same place every time we meet. And the room is always how we last left it which is nice when you have a weekly recurring meeting.
  • Security is important to our company, so having SSL encryption and the ability to turn on/off certain features is essential. We can also set permissions as to who and how users can access our meeting rooms.
  • The campaign tracking and lead qualification features of the webinar module allow us to see how well we are driving leads from different sources. We can analyze how user view our events and where they exit the registration process to help us improve our marketing content and verbiage.
  • The training module is great and provides a lot of analytics, but the reporting could be updated to a fresher look, especially when exporting data into a spreadsheet.
  • The webinar module can do a lot of great things, but it does have a learning curve. Streamlining the process to make it more intuitive would be a nice change.
  • There is a ton of cutomization that can be done from a branding perspective, but there are a few places where you are locked into Adobe's verbiage and it would be nice if everything could be branded the way we want it.
We have seen several use cases for Adobe Connect from our customers including; telework, emergency preparedness, help desk support, interviewing, court hearings and edugaming. There are still situations, especially in the government, where meeting face to face is a must, but Adobe Connect has become a mission critical piece of software taht we use everyday. Adobe Connect has a large network of reseller, distributors and partners that are all capable of providing an excellent experience when acquiring Adobe Connect for your organization.
Read Erik Crawford's full review
Julie Lawrence profile photo
August 19, 2015

Adobe Connect Review: "Connect with Adobe"

Over the past two years, Rasmussen College has moved to more real-time virtual teaching opportunities to connect students, primarily in the online format or through live office hours to their instructors. The college moved towards implementing Adobe Connect in Live Lectures and also in virtual meetings connecting students from across the world and campuses across 22 campuses and online. This has allowed us to make personal connections through face to face interactions. It has increased personal relationships and developed stronger bonds between students and faculty as well as across departments.
  • Adobe Connect allows the opportunity for students to truly get to know their instructors who may not be available in person.
  • File sharing and uploading; ease of sharing materials.
  • Polling abilities to keep students actively involved in the discussions and engaged in the online forum.
  • Easy to use including screen sharing, video options and methods for engaging participants.
  • Faculty meetings and department meetings across all campuses are more easily facilitated with more people in attendance.
  • Adobe Connect takes time to get comfortable with (as does anything!)
  • At times, the uploading of files and the formats acceptable can be a challenge.
  • Audio on playbacks can be off. This might be a bandwidth issue.
This format is great for a college environment for multiple reasons. For students and student engagement, it gives students real-time interactions with teachers and other students increasing understanding of different perspectives and increasing discussions. For faculty, it allows more flexibility with meetings to further engage faculty in meeting spaces to share best practices and roll out new information.
Read Julie Lawrence's full review
James Lloyd profile photo
October 09, 2015

Review: "Memories of Adobe Connect v8 for realtime and self-paced learning."

Connect was used to provide just-in-time training to global employees in three topic areas - technical support, sales support and international sales support. Connect Meeting was used to webcast SME presentations which were recorded for later viewing and connecting to Adobe Events with short quiz/evaluation objects. Connect Training was also used for asynchronous lessons on product features and support.
  • At that time, Connect was the most accessible webcasting tool available due to the ubiquity of Adobe Flash. All other webcasting tools were very difficult for participants.
  • The ability for web hosts to customize the screen layout.
  • Meeting rooms persist and can be prepared in advanced and reused for webcasting a series of events.
  • I am concerned but also unaware of the future of Connect with regards to web browsers banning Adobe Flash.
  • Connect Training in version 8 would have been better if there were a way to identify employee/supervisor relationships so that supervisors could monitor employee learning.
  • Connect Training in version 8 could have used a better training summary for users to understand what training they needed to complete.
Cost is a major consideration with Connect. In my current role Blackboard Collaborate has been selected as the organizational tool, though Connect is still supported at a per-use cost. Free web meeting alternatives are improving such as Skype and Google Hangouts so there are more alternatives for basic events. More sophisticated events will still need tools like Connect.
Read James Lloyd's full review
John Crouch profile photo
October 09, 2015

Adobe Connect Review: "Real-time solution for cross functional presentations."

Presently Adobe Connect is used both to support cross functional marketing efforts and as a training tool. It is not an enterprise based solutions at the present time.
  • Sharing applications, presentation and desktops in hi res.
  • Surveying the audience for real-time feedback.
  • Switching between presenters and sharing the admin role.
  • The VOIP function does not have the quality provided by an audio conference bridge.
  • Local bandwidth issues make connections difficult or result in lost connections. Connect uses a lot of bandwidth.
  • Sometime the recorded events are not readily available for replay.
Connect is extremely usefully when providing large organizations with prerecorded training modules.
Read John Crouch's full review
Todd DiBrito profile photo
December 12, 2014

Adobe Connect Review: "Adobe- You cannot go wrong!"

We use Adobe Connect across the organization for Meetings and Training purposes. It solves the travel gap for training and allows for audio/video to deliver information in a seamless way.
  • Connect ability - no downloading like GoToMeeting
  • Ease of use for presenters - archive and sharing connect is great
  • Communication Styles- It is great to have audio, visual, chat, and poll functions
  • Break out rooms - when training we can present a topic, then give an exercise and have group break out remotely to complete the exercise.
  • Graphic Display- It does not support all graphics (WordArt). All graphics must be saved as objects
  • Screen Share and Presentation Window can sometimes be small, when you are using Chat/Webcam
What is the goal of the training? Who is my audience? What is the level of engagement I need them to have?
Read Todd DiBrito's full review
Brendan Shields profile photo
December 04, 2014

Review: "Adobe Connect - A highly customizable and robust platform for live online events"

Our department uses Adobe Connect to deliver highly interactive live online training. We deliver over 100 training programs every month and utilize Adobe Connect to help us put on several training sessions each day. With this program, we can keep things interactive and give participants a chance to experience something beyond a standard lecture or webinar. By using the status tools, whiteboards, breakout rooms, and other tools, we get attendees involved and give them a unique experience where we are able to address their individual needs.
  • Very flexible and customizable. We deliver many different types of sessions with a number of layouts. Setting these up is quick and painless.
  • Reliable performance. I have used many different live online event programs and this is the most reliable in my opinion.
  • The template feature allows us to create a series of layouts for one type of session and easily duplicate them when we are ready to run another session of the same program.
  • Breakout rooms and whiteboard tools allow us to replicate the feel and interactivity of a face to face classroom.
  • The customer service could be better. Whenever a problem arises it can be difficult to quickly resolve.
  • It could be more customizable in terms of aesthetics. A bit boring looking.
  • Our needs are fairly unique for Adobe Connect as we deliver so many programs each week. It would be nice to be able to work with a representative to further customize the program for our unique needs.
The cost may be prohibitive for one's needs. If you are delivering many events per week that need to be highly customizable, Adobe Connect is a great choice. If you just need something for virtual staff meetings or standard webinars, a less expensive and less robust program may prove to be a better choice. ReadyTalk in particular is a good alternative, WebEx may be a good fit as well.
Read Brendan Shields's full review
Julie Wuebker profile photo
November 26, 2014

Review: "Adobe Connect for Education and Training"

We use Adobe Connect to
  • Deliver and track HR/Compliance Training
  • Support Online Meetings for employees
  • Support Online Meetings for students in their classes
  • Deliver and Track content
  • Provides direct and seamless integration with desktop development tools like Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate
  • Granular access control features for content, content folders
  • Granular quiz reporting options
  • Robust meeting and training platform
  • Direct integration with our Learning Management System, BlueQuill
  • Self-service for meeting Hosts
  • It is difficult to get resolutions to issues from Adobe directly
  • The automatic reminders and email functions work inconsistently - known issue
  • Reporting features work inconsistently - known issue
  • Although there is a high-level of granularity with the configuration and permissions, there are a number of permissions that are locked down that we would like to have been able to configure.
With a well thought out strategy for usage implementation, and a detailed strategy for content development/delivery, Connect works well for HR and Education. Connect is highly feature rich. In many ways you are limited only by the desktop development tools and your design talent. Between HD video and PowerPoint content with audio, the range of content delivery and tracking is very wide.
Through much research and testing, we were able to integrate Adobe Connect with our LMS for auto-creation of course sections and meetings. So, it is possible to customize the implementation.

Read Julie Wuebker's full review
Sean McCarty profile photo
February 10, 2014

Review: "Using Adobe Connect for Enterprise-Wide Training"

We have used Adobe Connect for years to supplement conference calls and project meetings. In the past year, we have started leveraging Adobe Connect as an enterprise-wide delivery method for virtual instructor-led training. Recently, we needed to train over 1800 employees all across the country on a new approach to sales and customer service. The project would have likely taken us 6-12 months using traditional instructor-led classrooms and would have required extensive travel for most participants and trainers. With Adobe Connect we were able to deploy 20 hours of training to all employees in under two months with little to no travel required.
  • Shared Templates in Adobe Connect help package content for convenient and consistent delivery of project and training materials.
  • Chat pods, poll pods, whiteboards and other features encourage interactivity beyond traditional lecture format.
  • Adobe Connect supports many file types, which enables you to pre-load several forms of multimedia for presentations, such as slides, images and video.
  • Breakout Rooms enable a project lead or trainer to engage with participants on an individual or small group basis.
  • Slides and images can be pre-loaded and deployed easily, but we have noticed some buffering issues when attempting to show video as a pre-loaded file.
  • Shared Templates offer a great way to set up and save multiple pods and layouts, however, we have encountered some issues when attempting to set up and save Breakout Rooms in a Shared Template.
  • When demonstrating screen-share tutorials for software, some parts of the application do not always render correctly for the viewer. In our experience, this problem typically occurs with more complex, multi-window applications.
Adobe Connect is excellent for enterprise-wide solutions. We frequently use it for team meetings and project planning sessions, however, we have found that it's many features are best leveraged when training large audiences where interactivity and engagement would otherwise be a challenge using traditional training methods. Key questions when considering Adobe Connect would be: Do we need a scalable solution for employees or clients in different markets/areas/countries? Do we need a tool that simply enables us to push content to an audience or is interactivity and engagement a main priority?
Read Sean McCarty's full review
Maximus Mednick profile photo
February 01, 2014

Adobe Connect Review: "Connect with your students with AdobeConnect!"

Our organization switched from Cisco's WebEx to AdobeConnect 3 years ago, en masse. It was a directive from the top executives, primarily due to a 'conflict of interest' in having a business relationship with our direct competitor. So, while the directive was initially 'groaned' at (en masse), changes in employee enthusiasm became readily apparent after a few months of use (and training). There are several key departments within our org that use AC on a daily-basis: mostly used for the typical business conference-calls/meeting room, but also used by my department for technical training purposes.
  • The Training function is extremely robust for sharing: we hold week-long technical training classes using a number of tools provided by AC. The ability to share the desktop is the most basic function, and it works exactly as it should - stably, quickly and compatibly across the various OSes.
  • The Training function allows for breakout rooms: we have, on average, 12 students in our classrooms. We typically use the dial-in bridge function (POTS) to ensure consistent audio quality, regardless of bandwidth issues. Our curriculum includes hands-on eLab functionality, and we pair-up the students during the 2nd-half of each day using the breakout-room function, which 'tucks' each pair of students into their own classroom, including the full telephony & AC tools for each breakout room. As the Host, I can easily 'jump' from room to room, giving me the ability to 'wander around the classroom' like in real life.
  • We have a large amount of course-offerings, each with their own sets of resources: Instructor guides, PowerPoint decks, Student guides, websites for technical support, as well as remote 'hands-on' equipment access, and the corresponding eLab procedural documents. We have organized all of these various resources in the AC 'cloud' that's provided within each classroom, making classroom readiness a breeze. Essentially, our technical trainers don't need to worry about having any of the courseware, PowerPoint slides and all the other 'crap' on their local computer when they log into the classroom. This 'cloud' storage is managed by our Content Development Team, so when major (and, more importantly, minor) changes & releases are made, the CDT backend process includes 'uploading' the content to the AC 'cloud', for each classroom. Basically, the flexibility of AC allows solid integration with our CDT release management process.
  • AC allows for the meetings & training sessions to be recorded, and the recordings are stored in the AC 'cloud'. Further, the AC recording backend creates a 'shareable' URL for distribution of the content, quite easily. Further, there's even an integrated video editing function, giving you the opportunity to 'clean-up' any recorded content while it's in the cloud - no need to download the video file and edit it locally, then upload it again. While these are great functions, there are times that the video needs to be downloaded - particularly training videos - for further post-production editing, and subsequent video hosting elsewhere (like LMS systems, OnDemand portals, etc.). This is where the AC recording function falls flat on its face. In order to download the recording, a 'kludgy' series of time-consuming steps are required. Quite literally, the recorded video must be 'streamed' to your local computer through an AC 'streaming capture' web function. Once the recorded video stream is completed, the file saved is an .FLV file, which is not our desired format (.MP4 is what we want). To re-phrase: you have to re-play to whole session (or sessions, in our case) on your computer, tying it up for many hours while it builds up the .FLV file on your local hard drive. There is a sub-function of this process, where you can pause the playback, save-off the current chunk, and then resume where you left off. This gives you the option to 'on-the-fly' create a multi-part presentation (ie: part 1 of 3, part 2 of 3, part 3 of 3, etc). THE REQUEST: AC should process the video in THEIR backend systems, and give you a couple of download links (.MP4, .FLV, .AVI, etc). I picture a quick 'Wizard' on the front-end of this function, wherein you can select which 'pod' (or pods) are recorded, and a few other pre-production knobs & dials, then click 'start'. An email with the links shows up in your inbox, and you DOWNLOAD an 'already processed' video. Then, I can put it into my local video-edition software, and create awesome.
I think it's best suited for pre-planned meetings & training sessions. It's a bit stickier for quick in-and-out desktop sharing functions. That's where join.me eats AC's lunch. :)
Read Maximus Mednick's full review
Michael Smith profile photo
January 31, 2014

Adobe Connect Review: "Abobe Connect - Simple, yet powerful!"

Adobe Connect has been a main focus of our organization, and a main business offering for the last 5 years. It has been used in many aspects of our business from simple internal meetings to the main focus for clients in general sessions at major events. For us, the main business problem it addressed was our need for a platform to offer our clients that offered an easy to use software that could be used to host collaborative meetings around the world.
  • Collaboration - It doesn't portray itself as a high-definition video platform. Most times it is accessed with webcams. But a strong focus has always been on its collaborative nature. Allowing for a wide range of materials to be shared with other viewers, it can be used for information collection as well as distribution with input coming from any user.
  • Communication - With a large portion of businesses looking to hold larger meetings allowing a greater portion of their employee base to take part in a meeting that might have once been local, or required people to be flown in, it provides a simpler means to gather information from many locations all at once - globally.
  • Cost - Many businesses are looking to cut costs from their events, and Adobe Connect is an ideal platform to help the bottom line. With one installation, you have now a perfect place for meetings to be held around the world without the costs of hotel rooms, conference areas, food and travel. Your users don't even have to get dressed if they don't want to. information is passed on with only a click into a meeting room.
  • High Definition - It seems that no matter where you look, modern cameras are capable of capturing high definition video footage. Adobe needs to think about finding a way to upgrade the video quality and consistency that is viewable by the audience. There is the "least common denominator" factor to consider, but that is quickly rising, allowing better video opportunities.
  • HTML5 - As technology advances, so should Adobe. HTML5 offers the potential to hold meetings on any device despite its platform.
  • Flash - Quickly on its way out. It was one of the most proliferative installations on everyone's computer and in its time was stupendous. But it is quickly becoming dated. With the advent of HTML5, flash is quickly not becoming needed in order to have cross-platform content happen. With a strong push by Adobe, this could quickly become a reality for Connect.
If you are looking for a High-Definition platform to have multiple locations connect with video as a sole focus of your meeting, then perhaps Adobe Connect is not for you. Video, at the moment, is still low resolution. But that is not its strength - collaboration is. Sharing slides, pictures, audio files, video files, PDF documents, even flash files with the ability to notate on them, take polls, have Q&A, this is what Adobe Connect offers as its focus.
Read Michael Smith's full review

High quality audio (17)
High quality video (17)
Low bandwidth requirements (16)
5.4
Mobile support (10)
5.7
Desktop sharing (17)
Whiteboards (14)
Calendar integration (10)
Meeting initiation (15)
Integrates with social media (8)
Record meetings / events (18)
Slideshows (9)
Live chat (18)
9.2
Audience polling (15)
9.7
Q&A (10)
User authentication (16)
Participant roles & permissions (18)
Confidential attendee list (12)
9.2