What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
BrightLocal is extremely beneficial for B2B companies or small business owners who are looking to build their online presence. If you would like more control over your online presence, and the ability to log back into citations to make edits after the fact, then BrightLocal is a great service to use.
Feature Rating Comparison
SERP ranking tracking
Site audit / diagnostics
Integration with web analytics tools
- Ranking reports are excellent.
- Online client report dashboards are excellent.
- Ability to create multiple local ranking reports from different searcher locations are very helpful and useful.
- BrightLocal can very difficult to communicate with, especially when it comes to reporting bugs / defects, and also when it comes to finding out whether they are working on those bugs.
- BrightLocal's reports, other then the ranking reports, have far too many bugs and they seem to either have little QA or poor QA practices, considering how many defects there are.
BrightLocal's local ranking reports are the best ones out there. For everything else, they're just "similar" to the others and don't stand out from them. BrightLocal's online client report dashboards are also nice and not matched by the competition.
Return on Investment
- BrightLocal's ranking reports have helped us better serve our clients' SEO needs, especially local SEO.
- Reporting is nicely accomplished with their online client report dashboards.
- Negative: some of their software defects are glaringly obvious take forever to fix, creating a number of awkward moments when we talk our clients through their reports.