Reviews (1-25 of 45)
- Helps our company choose the correct keywords for our campaigns
- Shows us our competitors keywords
- Gives us guidance for future campaigns
- Can be confusing on how to choose the correct keywords based on their recommendations
- Our industry is not listed on their google ads program helper which is disappointing
- They send out to many emails regarding their services.
- Gets info on competitor's websites. Simply putting in a domain name allows us to see what keywords they rank for organically, how much they spend on PPC and what their ads look like.
- Finds the best keywords for our clients. By showing what keywords are going to cost, how many searches per month, etc. it allows us to plan budgets more accurately.
- Obviously, not every website can be tracked. They add as many as they can, but sometimes a keyword or specific site just isn't being tracked yet.
- Paid keyword research.
- Insights into organic keyword positions.
- Recommendations of terms to concentrate attention.
- Impact of brand terms.
- Levels of impressions - local, national, global.
- Exporting of competitor ad copy.
- Provide competitive organic search data.
- Allows you to identify organic keywords for future content creation.
- As with any database, their keyword database has limits, so the data returned is relative to their database, not necessarily the full picture.
- When SpyFu database or scoring chances, the data provided can spike, thus causing confusion among stakeholders, we're reporting to.
- SpyFu is excellent at identifying big wins among competition or competitive gaps in organic and paid search results. If you are looking to get competitor data for comparison's sake (understanding that the data is useful but not the entire picture), it is well suited for that.
- If you are trying to compare your web analytics data to SpyFu data for your competition, that is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Traffic figures are an estimation.
- SpyFu shows keyword search volumes and related keywords which I struggle to find elsewhere.
- SpyFu shows details about any website's organic traffic.
- I would like to be able to see keyword search volumes for more countries.
- Affordable price point compared to other similar tools.
- An easy-to-use interface that makes it accessible to most of our employees regardless of experience level.
- Strong information for us to reference in our marketing research.
- SpyFu's data could possibly be a little more specific; compared to some other similar platforms, it's slightly simplistic.
- SpyFu could consider providing more competitor information outside of search, and delve into other platforms like social, as this data is becoming more widely available.
- SpyFu's user interface - while easy to navigate - also takes away a lot of customizations and levers you might be able to pull in other platforms.
I really like the feature that allows me to see ads that competitors are using.
Kombat is fun because you can compare yourself with competitors and see where there are similarities and differences.
- Discover profitable keywords.
- Review competitor's well-performing ads.
- Track your status on Google search results.
- The best feature of Spyfu is called "Kombat," where you compare the keywords used by you and your competitors and can see which ones generate a lot of results for them, and which you're not currently using.
- It is overwhelming first to navigate through all the available reports, but it's great that you can have a live orientation with one of their team members.
- The best tool for keyword research based on close competitors.
- The best tool for discovering what PPC strategy and budget your competitors are using.
- You can also use it for ad copy ideas.
- It would be great if it expanded to Facebook.
- The domain overview is extremely helpful - for CEOs, this dashboard is exactly the kind of quick hit, at-a-glance experience they want to see.
- Worst performing and top performing keywords for paid search - this is an invaluable tool to determine how to approach paid against a competitor.
- To adwords to buy - this is obviously a wonderful bit of intelligence for testing, and for the most part, holds up in battle testing.
- Reporting is terrible - meaning, the PDF feature does not lay out correctly.
- Easy to navigate. The user interface is pretty straightforward and easy to use.
- Projects: Create projects for your own company or for clients you are managing to track your efforts.
- Insights on ad spend, keywords and impression share.
- Price - I was a user for several years and trying out another platform, I canceled and was quickly offered the same platform I had used for years at half the price.
- I know the ad spend for Google Adwords is estimated - It would be helpful if it was a little more accurate - maybe not a doable feature of SpyFu, but would be helpful.
- Great for keyword research.
- Gain insights into what competitors are doing and ranking for.
- Allow multiple profiles for customers so I can have a client website and then it's competitors on a dashboard.
- Excellent at KW usage, costs, & recommendations.
- Traffic estimates are helpful for showing how effective a general marketing plan pushes traffic in relation to competition.
- Backlink tracking is nice to use for third-party proof of link sharing.
- Estimates could be more accurate.
- KW groupings could be broken down further in the SEM overview with costs & click frequency.
- Sometimes data does not transfer from one tab to another when reviewing a particular domain.
- Showing exactly what keywords our competitors are targeting, shows which ones we should target ourselves.
- When determining a marketing budget for a new project, we are able to project how much SEO would cost based on what our competitors are doing.
- Looking at what the competitors have in their backlinks helps us with optimizing our own website and landing pages.
- Some of the smaller websites that don't receive much traffic are often hard to complete competitive analyses for.
- Extensive amounts of competitor data
- Touches on both paid and organic search opportunities
- Easy graphs to help illustrate competitive landscape
- Since this tool scrapes millions of keywords listings it does take some manual filtering via Excel to get to what is truly going on.
- It would be nice if they expanded into social as well to be able to have an all-in-one tool
- A themes breakdown would help to eliminate the need for manual sorting and filtering
- Estimated cost per clicks by competitor. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
- Estimated monthly traffic volume & costs associated with higher spending competitors. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
- The cost per click information is not terribly accurate but can usually be used directionally. Obviously, with a paid product, people want exact data
- The free tool has limited data that mainly show vague feedback on your competitors. Def need paid version for any useful info.
SpyFu Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SpyFu is the eponymous SEO and PPC research platform from the company in Scottsdale, Arizona focused on "spying" on competitors, or basically using their behaviors to refine your own through keyword and content analysis, and backlink poaching. This positional search engine optimization and paid listings management platform touts the ability to lower costs and raise rankings via a Kombat-oriented approach... basically a cute way of saying "it makes comparisons" of how well your site does in niche keyword areas vis-a-vis rival actors in the same or contiguous marketing space.
Published pricing starts at $79 per month with the Basic plan, for Google, Yahoo & Bing research, 6 years of historical access, unlimited access to SpyFu's tools, but somewhat limited access to leads and domain contacts keyword rank tracking. The $139 Professional plan gives full access to UK data and doubles the rank tracking of keywords from 400 to 800, and provides custom branded (white label) reports and API access. the $999 Agency plan gives team access (10 user logins) and unlimited tracking and reporting capabilities.
SpyFu Technical Details