Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- Discover profitable keywords.
- Review competitor's well-performing ads.
- Track your status on Google search results.
- The best feature of Spyfu is called "Kombat," where you compare the keywords used by you and your competitors and can see which ones generate a lot of results for them, and which you're not currently using.
- It is overwhelming first to navigate through all the available reports, but it's great that you can have a live orientation with one of their team members.
- The best tool for keyword research based on close competitors.
- The best tool for discovering what PPC strategy and budget your competitors are using.
- You can also use it for ad copy ideas.
- It would be great if it expanded to Facebook.
- The domain overview is extremely helpful - for CEOs, this dashboard is exactly the kind of quick hit, at-a-glance experience they want to see.
- Worst performing and top performing keywords for paid search - this is an invaluable tool to determine how to approach paid against a competitor.
- To adwords to buy - this is obviously a wonderful bit of intelligence for testing, and for the most part, holds up in battle testing.
- Reporting is terrible - meaning, the PDF feature does not lay out correctly.
- Easy to navigate. The user interface is pretty straightforward and easy to use.
- Projects: Create projects for your own company or for clients you are managing to track your efforts.
- Insights on ad spend, keywords and impression share.
- Price - I was a user for several years and trying out another platform, I canceled and was quickly offered the same platform I had used for years at half the price.
- I know the ad spend for Google Adwords is estimated - It would be helpful if it was a little more accurate - maybe not a doable feature of SpyFu, but would be helpful.
I really like the feature that allows me to see ads that competitors are using.
Kombat is fun because you can compare yourself with competitors and see where there are similarities and differences.
- Great for keyword research.
- Gain insights into what competitors are doing and ranking for.
- Allow multiple profiles for customers so I can have a client website and then it's competitors on a dashboard.
- Excellent at KW usage, costs, & recommendations.
- Traffic estimates are helpful for showing how effective a general marketing plan pushes traffic in relation to competition.
- Backlink tracking is nice to use for third-party proof of link sharing.
- Estimates could be more accurate.
- KW groupings could be broken down further in the SEM overview with costs & click frequency.
- Sometimes data does not transfer from one tab to another when reviewing a particular domain.
- Showing exactly what keywords our competitors are targeting, shows which ones we should target ourselves.
- When determining a marketing budget for a new project, we are able to project how much SEO would cost based on what our competitors are doing.
- Looking at what the competitors have in their backlinks helps us with optimizing our own website and landing pages.
- Some of the smaller websites that don't receive much traffic are often hard to complete competitive analyses for.
- Extensive amounts of competitor data
- Touches on both paid and organic search opportunities
- Easy graphs to help illustrate competitive landscape
- Since this tool scrapes millions of keywords listings it does take some manual filtering via Excel to get to what is truly going on.
- It would be nice if they expanded into social as well to be able to have an all-in-one tool
- A themes breakdown would help to eliminate the need for manual sorting and filtering
- Estimated cost per clicks by competitor. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
- Estimated monthly traffic volume & costs associated with higher spending competitors. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
- The cost per click information is not terribly accurate but can usually be used directionally. Obviously, with a paid product, people want exact data
- The free tool has limited data that mainly show vague feedback on your competitors. Def need paid version for any useful info.
- Gives you the most popular Ads for each month.
- Shows you the keywords your competitors are using.
- Spyfu will show you an estimate of what they believe your competitor is spending and this number is always low. They should evaluate the keyword prices more to give a more relevant estimate.
- Free version only gives you around 20 keywords for each competitor. I wish it was larger.
- Must sign in to see any SpyFu information even for the free version. This is a new thing and I liked it better when it was anonymous for free.
- Comparison tool of how our website compares to similar websites is helpful to understand where we are strong and where we have room to improve.
- Identifying backlinks
- Reviewing and recommendations for keywords
- SpyFu's competitor analysis tool is unparalleled. A detailed, strategic breakdown of how competitors do or don't spend their advertising budgets, and how organic SEO plays into their overall traffic.
- Researching new keywords has always been an important step when improving our organic SEO rank and SpyFu allows us to research keywords directly from the console.
- SpyFu's overall platform is wide-reaching, but could be better optimized by allowing customers to see the data broken down across the various web browser paltforms, e.g, Google, Bing, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- PPC reports for competition. SpyFu allows you to gain insight into possible budget spend as well as what their ads look like.
- The keyword tool within SpyFu is great for seeing what your web sites biggest hitters are as well as what your competition keywords stack against yours. If you share certain keywords, it ranks who has better traction.
- Reporting is a weakness with the platform. It is not the easiest process to implement and the information can be better organized.
- There are inaccuracies with the PPC reporting, especially for competitors. To our knowledge, the only way that PPC budgets are estimated is through ads that have already been clicked on the search network. This means that display, programmatic and other ad formats are not counted.
- International KW targeting
- Competitive intelligence / identifies competitors KWs and campaign spends
- Organic and paid search overall campaign health
- No API integrations with marketing automation platforms (that I am aware of)
- Reporting is a bit wonky
- Usability can use some improvements
- This product links competitor data quite easily in the dashboard, from one domain to the next.
- The overviews for each domain are clear and comprehensive, making the birds-eye-view complete.
- The PPC vs. SEO views are clearly defined and easy to navigate.
- Some of the competitor results seem unrelated to the primary domain. Much more manual research is required to get the best possible data.
- Some keywords are completely unrelated. Again, manual research is required to get the best data.
- Exporting to a CSV/PDF does not include manually added information. This is particularly disappointing.
- Ease of use
- Ability to see what advertising has been done in the past
- Ability to target keywords and see previous ads
- Some portions are not well explained as to what they are for
- Many keywords have no relevance to the selected business
- Graphs can be difficult to work with at times
- Spyfu provides a very detailed snapshot of ad history for any competitor.
- The competitor discovery ability is great.
- Some of the graphs used to present data help to identify targets of opportunity.
- The backlink tool provides some pretty off topic links.
- The database doesn't seem to be as effective as others.
- The Organic SEO dashboard provides insight into how your site is doing in search across all variables and suggests competitors to keep an eye on. I use the SEO dashboard to bring to attention what clients should focus their efforts on. The low hanging fruit that SpyFu brings to light is a breath of fresh air.
- The Kombat Tool in Spyfu is worth the price of admission as it helps me view keywords and ad copy that competitors use to get the best bang for their buck. By viewing what ad copy competition has been using for the longest along with what keywords they keep high bids on is a great launching point for any new adwords campaign
- When taking over Adwords or SEO accounts, failed vendors get bitter. Being able to download all Adwords and organic keywords allows you to focus on pushing the plan forward..
- Cover Binga nd Yahoo PPC
- Cover Ad networks (Display Placements!) like Ad GooRoo or Ad Spy and other such services
- Allow users to host a white label SpyFu dashboard on their domain using API or some such technique
- Give users a place to edit Adwords campaigns right in SpyFU!
SpyFu Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
SpyFu is the eponymous SEO and PPC research platform from the company in Scottsdale, Arizona focused on "spying" on competitors, or basically using their behaviors to refine your own through keyword and content analysis, and backlink poaching. This positional search engine optimization and paid listings management platform touts the ability to lower costs and raise rankings via a Kombat-oriented approach... basically a cute way of saying "it makes comparisons" of how well your site does in niche keyword areas vis-a-vis rival actors in the same or contiguous marketing space.
Published pricing starts at $79 per month with the Basic plan, for Google, Yahoo & Bing research, 6 years of historical access, unlimited access to SpyFu's tools, but somewhat limited access to leads and domain contacts keyword rank tracking. The $139 Professional plan gives full access to UK data and doubles the rank tracking of keywords from 400 to 800, and provides custom branded (white label) reports and API access. the $999 Agency plan gives team access (10 user logins) and unlimited tracking and reporting capabilities.
SpyFu Technical Details