Competitive analysis (44)
Keyword analysis (45)
SERP ranking tracking (37)
Backlink management (33)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SpyFu, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
SpyFu is the eponymous SEO and PPC research platform from the company in Scottsdale, Arizona focused on "spying" on competitors, or basically using their behaviors to refine your own through keyword and content analysis, and backlink poaching. This positional search engine optimization and paid listings management platform touts the ability to lower costs and raise rankings via a Kombat-oriented approach... basically a cute way of saying "it makes comparisons" of how well your site does in niche keyword areas vis-a-vis rival actors in the same or contiguous marketing space.
Published pricing starts at $79 per month with the Basic plan, for Google, Yahoo & Bing research, 6 years of historical access, unlimited access to SpyFu's tools, but somewhat limited access to leads and domain contacts keyword rank tracking. The $139 Professional plan gives full access to UK data and doubles the rank tracking of keywords from 400 to 800, and provides custom branded (white label) reports and API access. the $999 Agency plan gives team access (10 user logins) and unlimited tracking and reporting capabilities.
- Scan competitors websites.
- Provide keyword recommendations.
- Provide SEO tips.
- Heard to search competitor keywords.
- Monthly vs annual billing.
- Keyword research
- Text ad and display ad research
- Competitive analysis
- Keyword rank tracking
- Rank tracking does not work very well and doesn't provide as much information as competitors
- Backlink analysis is not very intutive
- Data isn't always accurate for some of my competitors
- Competitor Insights
- Paid Search Ad History
- SERP comparisons
- Organic search data
- Integrating more content-creation tools for ad copy
- Allowing more free features
All this allowed us to form more compelling strategy and outrun our competitor.
- Keeping a tab on competitors organic and inorganic activities
- Helps identify where the competitor is getting the backlinks from.
- Identify competitors top content and the keywords that's bringing them traffic
- Get proper information of their current and past ADS run on Google.
- SpyFu can only support and fetch data from limited countries.
- Certain glitches like page not connecting
- The information isn't always complete for some websites.
On the other hand, the data isn't always accurate when compared to other softwares in the same category, although these softwares could be a lot expensive that SpyFu.
- Keyword tracking
- Competitor research
- paid SEO results
- Guides of product use for beginners
- Competitive Research
- Keyword Research
- Paid Keyword Analysis
- Cohort analysis
- Conditional formatting to find best keywords
- Provides competitive intelligence
- Provides SEO ranking history
- Suggests negative keyword additions
- Accuracy of competitor PPC spend could be improved (we have proven this against our own URLs)
- Relevancy of Google Ads keyword "Buy recommendations"
- More complete (far-reaching) view of Ad Histories
- can tell advertising spend
- has data on all companies using PPC or SEO
- user friendly
- advertising spend is not always accurate
- ranking are not always accurate
- misses information
- Competitive landscape
- Volume demand
- Creative insight
- Deep data analysis
- Spend accuracy
- High min traffic thresholds
- Keyword research
- Identifying questions people have
- Helping me see what my competitors are doing
- Training would be awesome
- Helps our company choose the correct keywords for our campaigns
- Shows us our competitors keywords
- Gives us guidance for future campaigns
- Can be confusing on how to choose the correct keywords based on their recommendations
- Our industry is not listed on their google ads program helper which is disappointing
- They send out to many emails regarding their services.
- Free feature
- Accurate data
- Paid portion may seem a bit steep.
- Free version is very limited with what you're able to see.
- Gets info on competitor's websites. Simply putting in a domain name allows us to see what keywords they rank for organically, how much they spend on PPC and what their ads look like.
- Finds the best keywords for our clients. By showing what keywords are going to cost, how many searches per month, etc. it allows us to plan budgets more accurately.
- Obviously, not every website can be tracked. They add as many as they can, but sometimes a keyword or specific site just isn't being tracked yet.
- Paid keyword research.
- Insights into organic keyword positions.
- Recommendations of terms to concentrate attention.
- Impact of brand terms.
- Levels of impressions - local, national, global.
- Exporting of competitor ad copy.
- Provide competitive organic search data.
- Allows you to identify organic keywords for future content creation.
- As with any database, their keyword database has limits, so the data returned is relative to their database, not necessarily the full picture.
- When SpyFu database or scoring chances, the data provided can spike, thus causing confusion among stakeholders, we're reporting to.
- SpyFu is excellent at identifying big wins among competition or competitive gaps in organic and paid search results. If you are looking to get competitor data for comparison's sake (understanding that the data is useful but not the entire picture), it is well suited for that.
- If you are trying to compare your web analytics data to SpyFu data for your competition, that is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Traffic figures are an estimation.
- Paid search keywords
- Organic keywords
- Accuracy- any product like this can only be about 40% accurate.
- Their account building tool could be more expansive, and not so 'set in stone'.
- Shows Our Competitors in regards to PPC
- Keyword Analysis
- Doesn't differentiate between Google and other search engines.
- Has no Bing Data
- PPC Research
- Competitive Research
- Setting up Projects within SpyFu could be easier
- Keyword research.
- Keyword groupings.
- Additional paid media analytics.
- SpyFu shows keyword search volumes and related keywords which I struggle to find elsewhere.
- SpyFu shows details about any website's organic traffic.
- I would like to be able to see keyword search volumes for more countries.
- SEO Research.
- Keyword Research.
- The user interface could be more intuitive.
- There's so much information, the learning curve can be fairly big.
- Affordable price point compared to other similar tools.
- An easy-to-use interface that makes it accessible to most of our employees regardless of experience level.
- Strong information for us to reference in our marketing research.
- SpyFu's data could possibly be a little more specific; compared to some other similar platforms, it's slightly simplistic.
- SpyFu could consider providing more competitor information outside of search, and delve into other platforms like social, as this data is becoming more widely available.
- SpyFu's user interface - while easy to navigate - also takes away a lot of customizations and levers you might be able to pull in other platforms.
- Educational resources
- Competitor information
- Intuitive interface
- Affordable price
- I can't think of anything in particular that needs room for improvement.
I really like the feature that allows me to see ads that competitors are using.
Kombat is fun because you can compare yourself with competitors and see where there are similarities and differences.
- Discover profitable keywords.
- Review competitor's well-performing ads.
- Track your status on Google search results.
- The best feature of Spyfu is called "Kombat," where you compare the keywords used by you and your competitors and can see which ones generate a lot of results for them, and which you're not currently using.
- It is overwhelming first to navigate through all the available reports, but it's great that you can have a live orientation with one of their team members.
- The best tool for keyword research based on close competitors.
- The best tool for discovering what PPC strategy and budget your competitors are using.
- You can also use it for ad copy ideas.
- It would be great if it expanded to Facebook.