SpyFu is the eponymous SEO and PPC research platform from the company in Scottsdale, Arizona focused on "spying" on competitors, or basically using their behaviors to refine your own through keyword and content analysis, and backlink poaching. This positional search engine optimization and paid listings management platform touts the ability to lower costs and raise rankings via a Kombat-oriented approach... basically a cute way of saying "it makes comparisons" of how well your site does in niche keyword areas vis-a-vis rival actors in the same or contiguous marketing space. Published pricing starts at $79 per month with the Basic plan, for Google, Yahoo & Bing research, 6 years of historical access, unlimited access to SpyFu's tools, but somewhat limited access to leads and domain contacts keyword rank tracking. The $139 Professional plan gives full access to UK data and doubles the rank tracking of keywords from 400 to 800, and provides custom branded (white label) reports and API access. the $999 Agency plan gives team access (10 user logins) and unlimited tracking and reporting capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/LR/0K/Q72D4I0M5F6E.pngI like SpyFu. You will too.The marketing department at ClientHub uses SpyFu to research keywords and ad campaigns for our paid search initiatives. There are many tools out there to do this, but SpyFu is pretty straightforward. In addition, you can see what your competition is doing for keywords and ads. Without proper keyword research, a company can find themselves spending quite a bit on ineffective ad campaigns.,Educational resources Competitor information Intuitive interface Affordable price,I can't think of anything in particular that needs room for improvement.,10,SpyFu has helped me reduce wasted Google Ads spend by narrowing my focus to more appropriate keywords SpyFu has allowed me to be more creative with keywords by giving me ideas SpyFu has enabled me to more effectively use keywords in my content,SEMRush and Moz,HubSpot,1,,Research key words for paid search Research key words for SEO for content See what competitors are doing,10SpyFu is great for keyword researchMy main use for SpyFu has been for advanced competitive keyword research. It is very easy to pull thousands of keywords for myself, and my competitors using SpyFu. Another big use of it is the reporting they provide. They auto-generate excellent SEO reports every month or so. They are a vital tool to our SEO success.,Keyword research Reporting Online ad research,Links are not as comprehensive as I would like More tools than I use, which really isn't a bad thing,10,Positive impact with our keyword strategy Positive impact with SEO reporting Positive impact with online advertising strategy,Ahrefs Site Explorer,Buzzsumo, Ahrefs Site Explorer, BrightLocalAn SEO competitive analysis tool that drives actionWe use SpyFu in the marketing department. This tool is being used to help us in our content creation and looking at gaining competitor insights regarding our content direction. This gives us keyword insights not only for organic search but for paid search as well. The typical process we go through takes on 2 forms. The first is reviewing a keyword and looking for variations and then reviewing the landscape for that keyword. The second direction we take is inputting a competitor and see where they are dedicating their efforts for content creation outside brand names.,Extensive amounts of competitor data Touches on both paid and organic search opportunities Easy graphs to help illustrate competitive landscape,Since this tool scrapes millions of keywords listings it does take some manual filtering via Excel to get to what is truly going on. It would be nice if they expanded into social as well to be able to have an all-in-one tool A themes breakdown would help to eliminate the need for manual sorting and filtering,10,This tool has saved us efficiency and guess work regarding content creation. As a small team being able to direct content efforts in the right direction the first time really helps with time restraints. There has been some loss of time due to needing to filter results and better understand the landscape but those time losses are offset by the smart content creation efficiencies. The charts that can be exported to give a quick executive level buy-in help move the approval process through quicker and for us to be more nimble with our efforts.,Moz, Ahrefs Site Explorer and Majestic SEO,Moz, BrightEdge, Google AnalyticsGood SEM Competitor ToolThe ad agencies I've worked at have used SpyFu to gain competitive intelligence. This is something SEM vendors partially provide and SpyFu helps fill in the gaps to work on a holistic SEM strategy.,Estimated cost per clicks by competitor. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked Estimated monthly traffic volume & costs associated with higher spending competitors. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked,The cost per click information is not terribly accurate but can usually be used directionally. Obviously, with a paid product, people want exact data The free tool has limited data that mainly show vague feedback on your competitors. Def need paid version for any useful info.,8,Positively impacts business objectives due to utilizing the competitive data SpyFu supplies to lower media costs. Positively impacts business objectives due to utilizing the competitive data SpyFu supplies to purchase media in profitable areas your program doesn't already cover.,Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Bing Ads, SEMRush, AdGooroo and Google AnalyticsSpyFu the best on competitor analysis.SpyFu was used for me to do competition analysis on our direct competitors regarding Adwords. It gave me ideas about the Adwords Keywords our main competitors were buying and what their most successful Adwords ads were. SpyFu also estimates how much your competitors spend on Adwords monthly which is valuable information when you are in a very competitive field.,Gives you the most popular Ads for each month. Shows you the keywords your competitors are using.,Spyfu will show you an estimate of what they believe your competitor is spending and this number is always low. They should evaluate the keyword prices more to give a more relevant estimate. Free version only gives you around 20 keywords for each competitor. I wish it was larger. Must sign in to see any SpyFu information even for the free version. This is a new thing and I liked it better when it was anonymous for free.,10,SpyFu has only has a positive impact because it gives me a behind the scenes look at exactly what my competitors are doing. It tells me how much my competitors are paying for keywords so I know what to expect as well.,SEMRush,Screaming Frog SEO Spider, SEMRush
SpyFu

SpyFu Reviews

SpyFu
Filter 59 vetted SpyFu reviews and ratings
Angela Lyons, MBA profile photo
November 26, 2018

User Review: "I like SpyFu. You will too."

• Educational resources
  • Competitor information
  • Intuitive interface
  • Affordable price
  • I can't think of anything in particular that needs room for improvement.
Spyfu is great for both PPC and SEO keyword research. You can also see what your competitors are doing which can give you ideas for your own company.

I really like the feature that allows me to see ads that competitors are using.

Kombat is fun because you can compare yourself with competitors and see where there are similarities and differences.
Read Angela Lyons, MBA's full review
Jordan Comstock profile photo
August 20, 2018

User Review: "SpyFu is great for keyword research"

• Keyword research
  • Reporting
  • Online ad research
  • Links are not as comprehensive as I would like
  • More tools than I use, which really isn't a bad thing
SpyFu is my favorite tool to gather mass keywords. So if you were looking to do competitive keyword research for your long term SEO strategy, it would be important to get as many keywords as possible. They don't charge by the row or anything, so you can grab many many keywords from as many competitors as you would like.
Read Jordan Comstock's full review
November 29, 2018

SpyFu Review: "An SEO competitive analysis tool that drives action"

• Extensive amounts of competitor data
  • Touches on both paid and organic search opportunities
  • Easy graphs to help illustrate competitive landscape
  • Since this tool scrapes millions of keywords listings it does take some manual filtering via Excel to get to what is truly going on.
  • It would be nice if they expanded into social as well to be able to have an all-in-one tool
  • A themes breakdown would help to eliminate the need for manual sorting and filtering
SpyFu is meant to be a competitive analysis tool and give you an idea where your competitors are with their content. This is not a standalone keyword research tool. I highly recommend utilizing at least one other service to back up keyword opportunities that are uncovered using SpyFu. The same goes in the opposite direction I would not suggest diving into a keyword theme without knowing how the competition is ranking and using that theme.
September 27, 2018

SpyFu Review: "Good SEM Competitor Tool"

• Estimated cost per clicks by competitor. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
  • Estimated monthly traffic volume & costs associated with higher spending competitors. SpyFu provides deeper intel than the engines b/c the data is segmented by domain and is not masked
  • The cost per click information is not terribly accurate but can usually be used directionally. Obviously, with a paid product, people want exact data
  • The free tool has limited data that mainly show vague feedback on your competitors. Def need paid version for any useful info.
It is a directionally useful tool for providing full service SEM strategy. It is a must have in an agency's toolkit, since it's one of the most progressive competitive intelligence database out there that isnt from a vendor.
Rachel Hensley profile photo
June 04, 2018

User Review: "SpyFu the best on competitor analysis."

• Gives you the most popular Ads for each month.
  • Shows you the keywords your competitors are using.
  • Spyfu will show you an estimate of what they believe your competitor is spending and this number is always low. They should evaluate the keyword prices more to give a more relevant estimate.
  • Free version only gives you around 20 keywords for each competitor. I wish it was larger.
  • Must sign in to see any SpyFu information even for the free version. This is a new thing and I liked it better when it was anonymous for free.
If you are just developing an AdWords campaign, SpyFu is one of the first places to start to see what the most successful businesses are doing with their Adwords strategy. It is also good to continually watch so you can always stay ahead of the industry you are in.
Read Rachel Hensley's full review
Jack Pennuto profile photo
April 16, 2018

SpyFu Review: "Perfect SEM/SEO/PPC Tool - No Agency Required"

WIth an effort to organize all of our digital marketing effort, across SEO, SEM, PPC and competitive analysis, we found SpyFu as a perfect tool to organize and review all these disparate items in one place.
  • Comparison tool of how our website compares to similar websites is helpful to understand where we are strong and where we have room to improve.
  • Identifying backlinks
  • Reviewing and recommendations for keywords
  • None
SpyFu is a full featured tool for reviewing all of our digital marketing needs, such as SEO, SEM, ppc and competitive analysis of websites.
Read Jack Pennuto's full review
February 28, 2018

Review: "SpyFu Is A Great Organic SEO & PPC Analysis/Research Tool"

Our marketing team has been using SpyFu for their keyword research tools, competitor analysis tools, and webpage traffic tools to better analyze how our organic website and PPC ads stack up against our competitors. SpyFu also allows us to research new keywords to use for our PPC campaigns inside of Bing and Adwords.
  • SpyFu's competitor analysis tool is unparalleled. A detailed, strategic breakdown of how competitors do or don't spend their advertising budgets, and how organic SEO plays into their overall traffic.
  • Researching new keywords has always been an important step when improving our organic SEO rank and SpyFu allows us to research keywords directly from the console.
  • SpyFu's overall platform is wide-reaching, but could be better optimized by allowing customers to see the data broken down across the various web browser paltforms, e.g, Google, Bing, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.
SpyFu is excellent for both advertising and marketing teams looking to improve their paid and organic SEO ranks across Bing and Google. SpyFu can help you retain and gain market share on all web platforms with many different, unique SEO & PPC tools that provide you with detailed analyses via downloadable reports.
June 28, 2017

SpyFu Review: "Sneak through your competition's...history"

We used SpyFu for competitive research for any campaign involving paid advertising. It was a great tool to get a basic understanding of what the competition was doing, and how to start to build your strategy.
  • Spyfu provides a very detailed snapshot of ad history for any competitor.
  • The competitor discovery ability is great.
  • Some of the graphs used to present data help to identify targets of opportunity.
  • The backlink tool provides some pretty off topic links.
  • The database doesn't seem to be as effective as others.
Great tool for someone learning how to navigate keyword research. As for all in one platforms, it's one of the best.
August 25, 2017

SpyFu Review: "Great Resource for Competitive Intelligence"

I use SpyFu to analyze competitors' most successful keywords and advertising copy for my clients. It is easy to use and provides incredibly valuable information. The reports are excellent and easy to use. SpyFu helps you save a ton of money by avoiding the mistakes your competitors have already made. I also like the competitive spending estimates.
  • Comprehensive
  • Incredible Drill Down
  • I have no complaints.
Well-suited for online advertisers and SEO content developers.
Chandler Elmore profile photo
March 14, 2017

Review: "SpyFu Helps To Make Spying Online Much Easier"

SpyFu is primarily used by us to do competitor research. We use it to look at what our clients' competitors are doing with PPC efforts as well as baseline SEO analysis. It provides us with the opportunity to look at the big picture with a bunch of different players, not just our client.
  • PPC reports for competition. SpyFu allows you to gain insight into possible budget spend as well as what their ads look like.
  • The keyword tool within SpyFu is great for seeing what your web sites biggest hitters are as well as what your competition keywords stack against yours. If you share certain keywords, it ranks who has better traction.
  • Reporting is a weakness with the platform. It is not the easiest process to implement and the information can be better organized.
  • There are inaccuracies with the PPC reporting, especially for competitors. To our knowledge, the only way that PPC budgets are estimated is through ads that have already been clicked on the search network. This means that display, programmatic and other ad formats are not counted.
SpyFu is great if you need a quick, broad overview of your online efforts compared to the online efforts of your competition. It is a great tool to use when you are needing to estimate or come up with a new PPC spend for a client. It also is good in looking at the effectiveness of your website's keywords as compared with your competitors.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA profile photo
March 28, 2017

Review: "Kung Fu kick your KWs into shape with SpyFu"

[We used SpyFu for] PPC keyword discovery and utilization. Also PPC diagnostics for improvement of existing domestic campaigns. Helps us target the right KW sets. Used exclusively by the Marketing department..
  • International KW targeting
  • Competitive intelligence / identifies competitors KWs and campaign spends
  • Organic and paid search overall campaign health
  • No API integrations with marketing automation platforms (that I am aware of)
  • Reporting is a bit wonky
  • Usability can use some improvements
A great KW research and competitive intelligence tool. Well worth the monthly/yearly investment. Less appropriate for hands on daily campaign management.
Read Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA's full review
Gwendolyn Guarino profile photo
June 07, 2016

Review: "Spyfu is our go-to product for Competitive Intel"

We use Spyfu for competitive recon for PPC clients. Some of our clients need a more comprehensive competitor list. Some clients know who they consider to be competitors. Spyfu provides the data we need to target the appropriate (apples to apples) competitors. At the point where we can identify the precise competitors, we use Spyfu to get detailed keywords, adgroups and budget/bid data to be able to ferret out advertising opportunities.
  • This product links competitor data quite easily in the dashboard, from one domain to the next.
  • The overviews for each domain are clear and comprehensive, making the birds-eye-view complete.
  • The PPC vs. SEO views are clearly defined and easy to navigate.
  • Some of the competitor results seem unrelated to the primary domain. Much more manual research is required to get the best possible data.
  • Some keywords are completely unrelated. Again, manual research is required to get the best data.
  • Exporting to a CSV/PDF does not include manually added information. This is particularly disappointing.
I think Spyfu is the most effective when you have very little core data - seeking out a competitor list, gathering a comprehensive keyword or ad group list, building out new campaigns, and the like. If you already have a lot of intel, Spyfu will regurgitate the same information.
Read Gwendolyn Guarino's full review
Kara Toedtli profile photo
May 03, 2016

SpyFu Review: "Great Competitive Analysis"

We use SpyFu for competitive research for all clients. We also utilize it for PPC competition analysis including keyword research and spend.
  • Competitor analysis
  • PPC competition information
  • PPC Ad copy research
  • Better list of keywords when doing research
  • More information on ppc spend of competition
SpyFu is well suited for competitive analysis.
Read Kara Toedtli's full review
Amber Stanley-Kruth profile photo
March 04, 2016

User Review: "Fu, SpyFu"

SpyFu is a great tool for seeing how your website compares to others. It drills down into keywords, spend and presence in the market.
  • Keyword Research
  • AdWords History and Performance
  • Inside look into the SEO/PPC performance of other sites
  • Unable to get local data
  • Can only see root domain stats
  • No data on CPC or CTR for PPC
Great for new clients and gaining insight to prospective clients. Very useful to have a tool that compares one site to another and provides suggestions about most valued keywords.
Read Amber Stanley-Kruth's full review
Josh Heintschel profile photo
February 14, 2014

SpyFu Review: "Spyfool (In a Good Way)"

In the advertising industry, it is important to have an idea of what a potential client is doing, advertising wise, before we call on them. If they have ran PPC in the past, it is a good in to come and talk to them about successes/failures. If they have not, it is a good in to see if they would be interested in speaking about opportunities PPC might create for their business. Also, figuring out keywords associated with their business helps when we transition to AdWords and run budgets.
  • Ease of use
  • Ability to see what advertising has been done in the past
  • Ability to target keywords and see previous ads
  • Some portions are not well explained as to what they are for
  • Many keywords have no relevance to the selected business
  • Graphs can be difficult to work with at times
I would say if you are using it for advertising sales its a great tool. If you own your own business and want to see what the competition is doing it is also a great too. If you did not have a great need for assessing marketing/advertising budgets and campaigns then it would probably be less important.
Read Josh Heintschel's full review
Chris Romero profile photo
March 19, 2014

Review: "Why SpyFu needs to be a part of your SEM Arsenal."

It is currently being used by the Online Marketing Division to restructure PPC accounts, audit competition, create strategies for organic and paid search initiatives and generate leads. We also use SpyFu for independent consulting along with a few other tools. Spy Fu's interface is fantastic and their growing catalog of advantages continues to meet my teams needs as we grow our current accounts and look for new opportunities.
  • The Organic SEO dashboard provides insight into how your site is doing in search across all variables and suggests competitors to keep an eye on. I use the SEO dashboard to bring to attention what clients should focus their efforts on. The low hanging fruit that SpyFu brings to light is a breath of fresh air.
  • The Kombat Tool in Spyfu is worth the price of admission as it helps me view keywords and ad copy that competitors use to get the best bang for their buck. By viewing what ad copy competition has been using for the longest along with what keywords they keep high bids on is a great launching point for any new adwords campaign
  • When taking over Adwords or SEO accounts, failed vendors get bitter. Being able to download all Adwords and organic keywords allows you to focus on pushing the plan forward..
  • Cover Binga nd Yahoo PPC
  • Cover Ad networks (Display Placements!) like Ad GooRoo or Ad Spy and other such services
  • Allow users to host a white label SpyFu dashboard on their domain using API or some such technique
  • Give users a place to edit Adwords campaigns right in SpyFU!
New Niches are someties hard to find data on. Also the interface is so robust that it would be nice to guide users into which part of the site they should be utilizing...
Read Chris Romero's full review
Christopher Regan profile photo
February 22, 2014

Review: "SpyFu: a key Digital Marketing tool in my toolbox."

I have used SpyFu for quite a long time, to get a handle of a prospect or competitor's spend on AdWords, organic trends, and daily add vs. organic clicks. SpyFu is part and parcel of my any website review, which enables me to ask the best questions to any prospective or new clients -- if they moved in any up/down direction what was the cause (budgets, or perhaps they rolled-out Schema -- or more intensive structured data, such as RDFa or JSON-LD). The SEO Reports tab is also invaluable, as I can glean which are the client's core keywords and which new keywords are presenting opportunities or challenges.
  • Visit trends
  • SEM spend trends
  • SEO trends
  • Competitive intelligence
  • The "Most Profitable Ads and Keywords" tool is often not functioning.
  • More "export" options, including graphs into PDFs.
  • A true Google Chrome extension that provides a drop-down snapshot.
Very well suited to competitive analysis. Less appropriate for seeking out some assuredly accurate numbers, as I need to use SpyFu in concert with Woorank, SEMRush, iSpionage, Compete.com, Conductor, SEO Profiler, Majestic SEO, SERPAnalytics and Nibbler, at least to really get a handle on the trends in traffic for competitors that I'm assessing.
Read Christopher Regan's full review
Andrew Henderson profile photo
February 19, 2014

SpyFu Review: "The one stop shop for understanding ALL digital marketing efforts"

SpyFu is currently being used in our plan and prepare stage of the sales cycle, specifically to analyze daily PPC budget and SEO traffic value. We utilize both the Kombat tool and the main tool to assess competition and current media spend for PPC and SEO compared to top businesses in the industry. This information allows us to determine the quality of digital advertising this company has already utilized and enables us to better position our sales presentation.
  • Monthly PPC/SEO Budget
  • Organic/Paid keyword results
  • Ad Results
  • Ad Copy Preview
  • Organic and Ad Competitors
  • More up-to-date list of keywords
  • More accurate range of PPC budget and SEO value
  • Provide descriptions of the information provided
  • Industry averages that can be compared to current data for the company
SpyFu is extremely useful in the advertising industry as it allows us to better prospect potential companies while understanding the media spend history in both PPC and SEO. It also is beneficial in understanding the results of their paid advertising and viewing their ad copy. SpyFu provides keword reports for both SEO and PPC. As a certified re-seller of Google's DMS products I have found the tool extremely useful in comparing companies within certain industries to determine how successful they are within the digital space.
Read Andrew Henderson's full review
David Spektor profile photo
February 12, 2014

"SpyFu SEO and SEM review"

We have used SpyFu for SEO and SEM research at 360i and STEAK Digital. For SEO we used it to determine and manage Client SEO expectations by using their "Estimated Value of Organic Traffic". Though I think the real benefit comes from their SEM tools. Seeing previous competitor Ad copy and keyword Ad history really helped our SEM department develop their campaigns.
  • SEM competitor historical Ad copy.
  • SEM keyword Ad history.
  • Expected SEO keyword benefits.
  • SEO tools a fairly bare bones compared to other tools
If you are planning to use this tool for SEM I would strongly recommend it. It has great tools for competitor analysis and campaign planning.

However for SEO it's feature set is a little bare bones. Basically the SEO tools are a nice bonus as opposed to being it's core product.
Read David Spektor's full review
Zachary Dourson profile photo

"SpyFu ReView"

It is being used by individual sales reps to check what local businesses are doing locally. It gives a background that way we know before we go out.
  • PPC- shows in great detail what they have done in the past and what they are doing now
  • SEO- it shows the history as well as their current options
  • Keywords- every time I use those they tend to be a little iffy
  • Ad position- once again it is not as accurate as I would like
I would recommend it if they need help finding out what people are doing on Google and what they have done in the past.
Read Zachary Dourson's full review
September 28, 2015

Review: "SpyFu - A Worthwhile Solution for SEO and PPC Marketing and Tracking"

I first began exploring SpyFu to determine if it would be useful to the public relations and marketing firm I previously worked at. As a small firm, we were cautious about investing in expensive software that did not directly address our needs. At the time, a competitor of one of our clients was spending big bucks on their marketing campaigns and we were struggling to keep up. We identified the need to track their success, as well as other competitors in the field, so that we could follow their movements and see what was working for them. My role was to go through each SpyFu training module and create a PowerPoint presentation to share with our team so that we could understand how it works and if it would be adequate to meet our needs.
  • One of SpyFu's greatest strengths is that it is easy to understand and follow along through videos and training modules. As someone who struggles with technology, watching and re-watching these explanatory aids was crucial in understanding the benefits of the software itself.
  • One of the most useful features is the Kombat tool, which allows you to see which keywords your direct competitors are honing in on or avoiding. This tool narrows down the keyword search so that you aren't wasting time on irrelevant keywords that your competitors aren't wasting time on either.
  • Even if YOU can understand your findings, you still have to convey them to your client. SpyFu's Recon Files generate SEO and PPC Reports that are aesthetically pleasing, simple to follow and succinct for your client to follow along.
  • Occasionally, SpyFu has been unable to find the website of a competitor, leading to a blank search.
  • Sometimes the suggested keywords can be irrelevant to what I am trying to find.
I think SpyFu will become more and more relevant as companies begin to understand the advantages of SEO and PPC marketing. At the moment, this particular software might be more appropriate for larger companies with bigger marketing campaigns, as smaller marketing firms do not always use PPC marketing.
February 24, 2014

"SpyFu Review"

I had the opportunity to utilize SpyFu to develop strategy's for my clients to better position themselves against their opponents. We also used SpyFu to locate possibly clients that are looking to enhance their Search Engine positioning. We are able to use this information and present them to clients for reference and analysis.
  • Compare multiple websites and users of a specific keyword.
  • Able to show relative keywords that websites are targeting for organic search.
  • Possibly expansions of results of different keywords.
  • The effectiveness these keywords have on their websites.
Anyone who is looking to better position themselves against their competitors or to just increase impressions. SpyFu would be a cost efficient way of doing it.
February 12, 2014

SpyFu Review: "Easy to Use - Great Compeitive Insights - Affordable"

SpyFu is one of the main tools my company use to rely on for PPC competitive audits and identifying new keyword opportunities.
  • Venn diagrams for analyzing which PPC keywords you and your competitors are both bidding on. The data is incredibly useful and the diagrams are great to utilize during client presentations.
  • Stellar user experience: The site is not bogged down by too many unnecessary bells and whistles. It's a very easy tool to pick up and start using without requiring much training.
  • SpyFu also gives you a well rounded snapshot of the PPC Ad copy for your and your competitors. This can be extremely useful to better understand the variations in strategy that different companies are using to achieve their objectives.
  • SpyFu could use a bit of a visual revamp. I believe that if it offered more of a visually pleasing aesthetic, people would use it more often.
  • It would be great for SpyFu to develop an alert system that's triggered by major events or changes in your competitors keyword strategy (keyword type, bids, etc), or even if can identify when competitors are adding or implementing major edits to their ad copy.
Great to use to develop sales collateral. It's also very useful for competitive analysis and client reporting.
February 11, 2014

User Review: "SpyFu is a master!"

At my ad agency role, our analytics team used SpyFu mainly to assess competitor search marketing intelligence to benchmark our search marketing recommendations for our B2B and B2C clients. SpyFu is mainly being used within the analytics department, which focuses on search marketing, web analytics and social media analytics for various clients. SpyFu helps us gauge the competitor landscape in search marketing for a given client industry and space.
  • Providing a systematic dashboard of competitor's search marketing strategy.
  • Providing a list of keywords as well as keyword analysis for a given domain.
  • The SEO report and PPC report are in depth and detailed, providing useful information.
  • Improve the visualization of the various reports. Some are not visually pleasing.
  • Consider enabling real-time analysis of competitor keyword campaigns.
  • Provide a guideline to how to interpret a SEO/PPC report.
Does the software tell me exactly what my competitors are doing in search? What are the organic and paid keywords they are using? How much are they paying for these campaigns?

Keyword analysis (15)
Backlink management (12)
6.0
SERP ranking tracking (11)
Page grader (7)
5.7
Competitive analysis (15)
9.7
Site audit / diagnostics (9)
5.2
Mobile SEO (9)
6.0
Global SEO (10)
Multi-domain support (8)
Integration with web analytics tools (4)
6.5