Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Yext, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Yext is a hosted search-as-a-service platform that empowers businesses to build frictionless digital experiences wherever consumers look for answers.
At the foundation of the platform is a Knowledge Graph, a brain-like database that stores all of a business’s most important information. This enables brands to deliver direct answers to customer questions in the form of featured snippets, maps, FAQs, and custom calls to action. The same information can sync from the Knowledge Graph to any of our 250+ integrations with industry partners, so businesses can manage data and capture consumer intent with the tools they trust.
The vendor states brands like Verizon, Vanguard, Campbell’s, and Farmers Insurance — as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department and the World Health Organization — trust Yext to deliver natural language search experiences that convert more business, reduce support costs, and uncover new insight about what matters most to their customers.
- Updating directory listings in one fell swoop
- Allows for a lot of data for each listing to be entered
- Duplicate suppression is a very handy tool
- Duplicate suppression does not always take hold and there is often little recourse
- Information push
- Review tracking
- Building citations
- Help Screens
- Big learning curve
- Identifying SEO opportunities
- Targeting high volume keywords
- Improving user experience
- Turnaround time for development of listing/location pages is too long (4-6 weeks for a single entity)
In addition to Yext we also do manual citation building, but Yext is a cost and resource-saving solution to large scale listings management for our organization.
- Listings management
- Coverage of local ecosystem (partnerships with major directories/publishers and data aggregators)
- Instantaneous updates across most publishers
- Easy data management through export/import of files
- Listing audits
- Online Travel Agency coverage
- Proactive listings management and profile completeness
- Communication of publisher updates
It also highly depends on the industry and location of the business. Yext is great for B2C brick-and-mortar businesses with lots of locations physically located in the United States. Yext does not provide as good of coverage for countries outside of the US. Yext also does not provide as much support for some industries, so I would recommend a business to review which publishers/directories are most important for their business and check whether or not these are covered by Yext. Ultimately Yext will still cover most major publishers/directories that are relevant from an SEO point of view.
- Put a lot of data across multiple channels
- Keep data up to date especially at large retailers and bank by allowing each location to modify hours etc.
- Create customization amongst individual franchises and locations
- It's a sophisticated tool. I didn't use it enough to experience big issues. I primarily resold it.
- Broad updates fast - I don't have to mess with specific listings at all.
- Duplicate suppression - A definitive information source for our clients' customers.
- Powerful analytics - We can show accurate ROI and estimated conversions very easily.
- Web scraper - Clients don't want to do data entry, and this is the fastest way to grab info from some of them. It could be a bit more robust, to be honest.
- Linked entities - Useful for letting customers know, for example, where a certain medical professional will be on a certain day of the week. Not impossible to use, but it feels like it could be easier.
- Dark mode - The UI is bright white, and I'd like something easier on the eyes.
- Yext support
- Addressing duplicate location listing
- Updating Google listing
- Yext analytics training
- Reports and campaign idea generators
Yext less appropriate - Campaign specific ideas
- Making sure our location data is correctly being understood by Google.
- Taking into account best design principles for our pages layout.
- Staying on top of Google best practices so we don't have to.
- Building a very robust place for us to store all our location information.
- Solid integrations with some of our other key partners, for example Olo, Punchh.
- Being a very good partner for us, our Client Success Manager is exceptional.
- Better integration with Yelp and Trip Advisor.
- Providing actionable insights from our review data.
- Improvements to the user experience when responding to reviews.
- Setting hours of operation.
- Keeping our brand consistent.
- Properly tracking traffic from these profiles.
- More variable fields for different profiles.
- Making clear where and how the information will appear.
- Continue to improve their keyword analytics.
- Listing management: Proprietary API connections to listings to push data in real time.
- Knowledge panel dashboard: Streamlined content management system that is intuitive and easy to use.
- Support is either a hit or a miss. Somedays I get a response very quickly, but on others, it might take a couple of days for someone to get back to me when I have a problem.
- Consolidated management of reviews sites.
- Easy to update reviews sites.
- Distribute data to reviews sites.
- Account management
- Tact and manners
- Ability to implement what they sold.
- Ease of use, the dashboard is fairly intuitive, and easy to figure out.
- Number of partners: They have all the major online directories as partners.
- Cost is very competitive compared to the competition.
- Could have even more partners: seems there are endless sites to pair with.
- Efficient management of online listings and citations
- Duplicate citation suppression
- Customer support and training
- Relatively easy-to-use knowledge graph
- Cost. This platform offers a lot of powerful features, but it has an expensive barrier to entry.
- Annual contracts limit flexibility for smaller companies
- The biggest drawback is that you need to keep your subscription active or listings/citation data will revert back to what it was pre-Yext implementation
- Creating Citation Listings
- Updating Citation Listings
- Duplicate Suppression
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
When you are a smaller player, they don't care too much to reply to your issues (two business days per response).
- Updates search engine information: This is the best thing about Yext. Companies can quickly and easily unify their brand image across multiple search engines with minimal effort and ONE PASSWORD.
- Yext makes it simple to protect your online presence from bad data and duplicate entries.
- Yext makes updating a company profile very simple and easy. Adding business hours. employees, business offerings, etc. is simple.
- The user interface is a little ugly, but the point is to get the information correct so that it is easily forgiven.
- The reporting can get a little byzantine. Due to so many options, it's easy to get lost in what matters.
- Yext doesn't play well with other products. For example, if you use software to make moving images for Facebook, Yext can't support that and it could crash your ability to edit Facebook images.
- Easy to access and manage store data.
- Store review monitoring and response.
- Customer success/support.
- Proactive (vs. reactive) listing correction.
- Proactive listing optimization.
Though there are multiple offerings and packages available, Yext is not cheap. Businesses must be willing to invest a significant amount into their local efforts.
- Simple UI. The platform is easy to navigate.
- Great customer service. Any issue that we've taken to the support team has been resolved within a day.
- Takes some time for a new user to understand the platform.
- Some website error messages when reviewing listings do not make sense.
- Makes it easy to connect to multiple listings.
- Makes it easy to troubleshoot issues.
- Can't be used globally.
- Optimization link expires after one click.
- Location management in one place.
- Easy to use dashboard and location editing. There are no items that are out of place or unexpected in the dashboard that you have not seen nativity in Google my Business or Facebook.
- This platform is expensive. There are cheaper alternatives out there that can do just as much for less.
- There is no ability to run ads through Yext. This hinders it from being the all in 1 platform that others have already addressed.
- Yext is very, very user-friendly and easy to use.
- Yext provides information within the portal on how you can enhance your listings as well as how you can fix any issues with your listings that may exist.
- Yext's dedicated account managers can help you with any issues that may arise. For example our location pin on Apple Maps was wrong on one of our clinic listings and our Yext account manager reached out directly to Apple support and fixed the issue.
- Because SEO is so important to many company I would love to have more regular contact with our Yext Account Manager, primarily to discuss ways to continue to enhance our listings.
- It would be great is Yext could be available at a lower per location, per month fee. The current monthly fees would make it difficult for a smaller business to take advantage of their services.
- It would be great is Yext would show you examples of what your listings look like on various sites that they manage. The customer provides the information and it would be great to have more visibility into how it actually looks on the web.
- Fast updates
- Reliable data push -- Only takes one try to get data corrected on local listings
- Great interface -- Easy to use
- Local Listing Management -- Super reliable, fast and accurate.
- Review Management -- Powerful feature that integrate with a large number of directories for reviews.
- Analytics -- Provides useful data and insights for your business listings.
- Customer support -- They offer good customer support but sometimes it might take a couple of follow-ups to get a response.