<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 9.6 out of 100
Based on 67 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Datadog is a no-brainer for any environment that relies on multiple servers. Even for one server, it's so much better to use for monitoring and alert capability than anything else I remember looking at before we started using Datadog. Teams can even use it to track their progress of investigating an alert so multiple people aren't unknowingly looking into the same exact issue unnecessarily.
Director in Research & DevelopmentFinancial Services Company, 1-10 employees
Our digital marketing platforms have been streamlined since we deployed this tool. I can highly recommend this platform to any growing business enterprise for excellent marketing campaigns. It has enabled our web designing team to create reliable platforms that enhance the improved performance of our applications. We have been able to optimize our planning and decision-making based on the set targets to boost performance.
- APIs, the ability to interact with the data we pull into data dog is key. We port the information over to Servicenow, so the ability to pull everything into DataDog, then Servicenow, is a key component of our success here at Wayfair.
- Simple Interface - clean, useful, effective. Allows users to use DataDog for one reason, get work done.
- Lightweight agent on hosts
- Effective use of our codebase deployment and implementation.
- The dashboard functionality and general stability and security are excellent.
- The server is quite consistent, and if you need assistance from the support team, they are very quick to respond.
- Automatic updates let me ensure that my customers have safe websites without increasing my own expense.
- The team offers excellent assistance and help for chat.
- User interface could be improved in some areas, looking for host information and the agent install link takes a bit of time.
- Configuration of the agent is generally done via a config file which is a pro and a con. It would be nice to have some UI to configure various agent options.
- Billing isn't entirely straightforward, they could use more reports to figure out the source of your monthly costs.
- Pricing structure has too large of a jump between Basic and Performance plans
- Have run into issues with prescribed WP updates not working through dashboard and having to do manually.
- Pantheon site dashboard occasionally is unavailable (the site is never affected though)
Based on 1 answer
The user interface is quite intuitive with the exception of the network map. As a deployer of software, it is trivial to setup.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 501-1000 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 12 answers
Our experience working with their support found them to be helpful and quick to respond. Also, as many of their integrations are open source, improvements we desired could be tracked and even driven by us. Their documentation is excellent and makes integrating their tooling simple and makes standing up monitoring for new application a quick and painless process.
Professional in Information TechnologyHuman Resources Company, 51-200 employees
Based on 1 answer
Even tier 1 Pantheon chat & ticket support is knowledgable, competent, and useful. They routinely understand and resolve urgent, complex, and/or unusual issues promptly that other hosts would need to escalate to tier 2 or tier 3 support personnel. I honestly can't think of a truly negative or disappointing support experience in the years I've used Pantheon hosting for client websites.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 11-50 employees
New Relic APM is a great application performance monitoring tool, but the agent was producing an increased load on our system compared to Datadog. Datadog also gives the flexibility of going outside of the boundaries of the application and looking at system performance as well, which can have a large impact on application performance.
Pantheon offers an advantage over WP Engine and Flywheel by offering hosting support for both Drupal and WordPress websites. Pantheon's pricing model could be much more competitive, however. Pantheon ended up winning out over Media Temple in World Literature Today's hosting selection because of its managed hosting and enhanced support for medium to large scale websites. Pantheon's development, testing, and live environments are similar to WP Engine and Flywheel's, but Pantheon does have a much tidier and easier-to-navigate UI.
Return on Investment
- One of our critical production databases went down a couple of weeks back. Just because we had the Datadog monitoring enabled for that database, Datadog sent the alerts to PagerDuty and we were instantly notified via pager and email alert. We could act right away and bring up the database within a few mins.
- Ability to create custom screenboards have allowed us to track the critical and warning alerts in front of our eyes all the time
- Pantheon had a significant impact on our cost management, as we previously used a much cheaper hosting service, and Pantheon offered us a much better quality service but at a much higher price.
- Pantheon offered us a much more complete hosting service with which we were able to measure our site traffic and the loading time of all external sites. Pantheon dramatically improved the loading time of all of our sites.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Datadog Editions & Modules
- Per Host Per Month
- Per Million Log Events
- Per Host Per Month
- Up to 5 hosts
- Up to 500 hosts
- 500+ hosts
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Pantheon Editions & Modules
|Elite||Contact for quote|
- per month