A lifesaver in server monitoringhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-infrastructure-monitoringDatadogUnspecified8.4561012019-06-24T16:43:11.735Z
June 24, 2019
A lifesaver in server monitoring
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Datadog
Our DevOps team utilizes DataDog to be aware of any abnormalities across our infrastructure, whether hosted or local. We can look in one place to see stats and alarms across all infrastructure, independent of hosting provider's console. Being a software company, we can also send events to DataDog via their API to generate alerts for certain activity within our applications.
- Server resource usage
- Multi-stage alerts based on configurable thresholds
- Custom Dashboards of all accumulated data
- We had a couple "integrations" that had some issues during setup, but Support addressed them very quickly
- Unnecessary alerts about DataDog components...by the time I see them, they're almost always also fixed
- I wish there was a DataDog mobile app that would have dedicated alerts (configurable per alert to override Do Not Disturb setting) instead of relying on emails notifications that could be overlooked in the midst of many incoming emails around the same time.
- Saved us (time & money) from developing our own monitoring utilities that would pale in comparison
- Alerts allow us to remedy issues before our customers even know about them
- Tracking resource usage over time allows us to better plan for future needs, before it becomes a pain-point.
Datadog is a no-brainer for any environment that relies on multiple servers. Even for one server, it's so much better to use for monitoring and alert capability than anything else I remember looking at before we started using Datadog. Teams can even use it to track their progress of investigating an alert so multiple people aren't unknowingly looking into the same exact issue unnecessarily.