Likelihood to Recommend
It's really great for agencies, remote workers, companies with hourly employees, but very specifically works best if those employees spend their day working on a computer, or where the majority of their tasks are computer based. I wouldn't recommend it for jobs where the worker is not actively on a computer (i.e. construction, etc). Contractors with multiple clients can also plug into their client's Hubstaff instance, which can be extremely helpful if you have a lot of hourly contractors you work with.
Manager in MarketingOnline Media Company, 51-200 employees
Any scenario where you need to track time spent on projects or by customer. The customization of setup means it should work for almost any type of customer. We utilize the software to track time spent on projects, support, sales, customer service and software development.
- Works even offline, then sends data to the server once internet access is restored.
- Allows time tracking from different devices (but not simultaneously, of course!)
- Lightweight interface. It is very simple to start and stop tracking.
- Categorization, tags, projects, and clients. Make it easy to categorize time tracking and pull accurate reports
- Reporting: their reporting system makes it simple to slice and dice our tracked data to get precisely the intel we need.
- Price - Hubstaff is more expensive than some other competitors. There are some advantages to it, but the price is still always a factor.
- Project dashboard - Hubstadd lacks here because it doesn't have this feature at all. It's not required, but it does make things nicer to look at.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 10,001+ employees
- When I generate a report based on a long date range (as opposed to a single day or week), Toggl provides logged time entries per project, user, or client, according to my search. Each time entry in the report is itemized and includes a description. However, the date and time per entry is not generated with this data. When I create invoices, I have to manually find what day the work was done.
Based on 6 answers
Hubstaff has always responded to support requests in a timely manner and has kept me in the loop of changes.When contacting them about future changes/features they've always been upfront on whether that is a change they are looking to make and when that change may occur. Finally, if the person I have communicated with was unable to resolve, they always escalated to the next best person who can answer/resolve.
Based on 9 answers
I haven't needed much support from Toggl, as it's mostly come from a small team trying out the tool. I'm not entirely sure what the best way to reach them would be if I did need them. I'm also not sure how responsive they would be to support requests. But I think it's positive that I have not needed them
Professional in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Upwork is just for people working in their platform. Anyone can joing Hubstaff, it even comes with several plans that allow you to track time. Once you choose the upgraded system, more benefits are added to your plan. Even though we don't use the upgraded plan at our company, Hubstaff does its job wonderfully
Toggl is sleeker and so much more user-friendly than Time Doctor. The Chrome extension with the intuitive power button icon really does increase compliance, which I think is one of the most important, and sometimes overlooked, considerations when choosing a new software for your team. If people won't use it, it doesn't really matter if it's more affordable and even more highly recommended.
Director in MarketingComputer Software Company, 11-50 employees
Return on Investment
- We understood where exactly our employee spends time.
- Helped us analyse how much time specific tasks take so that we are considerate while assigning it to others.
- Keeping track of Payments became easier because of detailed reporting.
- We replaced our in-house time tracking tool easily
- We could incorporate the previous few months of tracking via CSV/Spreadsheet import
- We still don't have the full discipline to track everything for everybody. It's only as good as the data you put in.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Hubstaff Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Toggl Editions & Modules
- Per Month