Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hubstaff, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
According to the vendor, Hubstaff is ideal for remote teams, SMBs and consultants/freelancers. It is trusted and used by over 8,000 remote teams. No matter how many projects or different teams you have, they can all be under the same account, in separate projects. Also, different employees can have different settings and permissions.
- Supported: Time tracking
- Supported: App / URL tracking
- Supported: Invoicing
- Supported: Payroll
- Supported: Screenshots
- Supported: GPS
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||70%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, Google Chrome|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
Now we are making more informed decisions about employee performance and project total time allocation. Even we can share this with clients also in case of outsourcing the team for transparency.
- Time tracking
- Task time calculation
- Activity screenshot
- That Hubstaff discontinued with Basecamp was problematic.
- Sometimes it shows wrong activity count of team.
- Sometimes there's a difference between time calculated in admin panel and in employee panel.
- Should give discounts.
- It has a perfect, intuitive user interface and offers good reporting features. It allows you to run businesses effectively by incorporating it into other apps such as Asana and Jira.
- It enables you to add various projects and track workers' time on every project. It offers a dashboard with online timesheets.
- It is a robust time tracking platform that provides everything needed to run teams efficiently. It enables team leaders to send client invoices, pay workers based on their working hours, and view detailed reports.
- It provides some functionalities that are not customizable. It needs to provide more flexibility as it does not allow you to disable manual editing records within certain tasks and projects.
- Payroll incorporation is quite clumsy when starting. The navigation of the user interface is quite tough.
- One major drawback is that it only tracks mouse and keyboard activities. It needs to resolve issues and correct glitches. The price is a bit high in comparison to other similar tools.
- lets them note what they were working on
- tracks time well
- I like that I can remove hours that shouldn't count towards pay
- I like that I'm in control vs Upwork they are in control so if an employee bills me unnecessarily i can not remove it there. thats tough to handle
- the reports!!!! I can never remember how to do it the way I like
- please set up auto email for certain reports on the 1st and 15th so I don't have to go look it up!!!
- interface is a bit clunky
- Takes screenshots as proof of your activities.
- The time spent can be divided into different activities.
- You can see previous activities and a productivity line.
- The interface could be more user-friendly.
- Something about how precise the tool is makes it stressful.
- Have the functionally to indicate activities are being done away from the computer, such as sketching.
- Tracking time
- Automate reports
- Count expenses hourly salary
- Synchronization with Jira
- Tracking time
- Trello integration
- We'd love a lower price since we use a small subset of features
- We've love the ability to hide features we don't use
- It has all the features that need to have while managing the project like screen capturing, sending invoices, create and view reports, pay and quick insights.
- It also gives me the reports of my team effectiveness.
- It tracks all the project progress along with team effectiveness and productivity at the workplace, gives me all the insights into team performance, and also helps me to track team productivity easily.
- Another great feature that Hubstaff has which is its integration module.
- I am having a problem with its customer support. [I feel it is] one of the worst customer service I have gone through for the longest time. They did not even know about their own platform, response time is late and there is no such name of help from their side what so ever which makes it a very difficult platform to use.
- [I believe it] needs a lot of upgrades in customer support system.
- Hubstaff is backed up with some good quality and meticulous tracking.
- Ever since we started using this software I have truly admired the way Hubstaff introduces us to some basic and simple techniques for handling workflows of different loads.
- I feel that Hubstaff is great and super easy for scheduling shifts for employees.
- Hubstaff really leverages all employees working in the company as when an employee tracks their time incorrectly so Hubstaff provides a window of opportunity to the employee to correct his or her mistake by submitting an error-free correction again. Also, Hubstaff has greatly mitigated so many admin jobs as well.
- There are many advantages to Hubstaff but this should not be outweighed by its disadvantages as they also hold immense value.
- Hubstaff removes all the collaboration which sometimes is disappointing.
- Keeping in mind the current unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Hubstaff has been further important as it has been used by us in different types of trials.
- There are many great features about Hubstaff, which make it my favorite software.
- It is very easy to schedule shifts for all employees of my business.
- Its customer support is responsive and professional.
- I feel that the reporting is pretty mediocre.
- There is no advanced tracking in Hubstaff, which is a disadvantage. Moreover, I feel that live chats should be readily available.
- Its interface is also quite easy to handle and is designed in a user friendly way.
- Overall, I feel that Hubstaff is a very useful invention that has the ability to attract and fascinate users.
- Hubstaff offers a customizable and easily tailored according to your requirements user interface where with the help of just one click you can start or even stop tracking your daily project activities.
- Firstly, corrections in Hubstaff can be a little tricky to do at first and interactions with Windows 10 are also not the best. Moreover, I have noticed that the notifications for switching a tracking status get sent out twice instead of once.
- Also, I believe that there should be an option for live chatting. Other than that, I sometimes feel difficulty in integrating a serious issue I think that needs to be fixed. Also sometimes dragging and dropping features is also a little difficult.
- Screen monitoring
- Time Tracking
- Efficiency scores
- Easier view of time sheets on a weekly or month scale
- There is a lot of functionality but it is hard to navigate around
- Effective dashboard for time management
- Monthly/Weekly Timesheet reports
- Multiple employee timesheet management
- Timely screenshots of the work screen
- Cost effective for smaller companies
- The Desktop software UI could be improved
- Instead of per user billing, they could provide a cost effective bundle for new users
- Automatic monthly reports are bit confusing and not accurate
- [Hubstaff] has reduced my workload and now I have got rid of the manual keeping of the data.
- This tool is my everyday necessity to complete my daily tasks.
- Through this tool, I am capable of saving my time and now I do more work in a short span of time.
- [Hubstaff] is limited to integrations, while working on the projects I face difficulty to drag the drop because sometimes the plan requires to be discussed and it becomes a necessity to insert various attachments on the spot so that we could achieve the maximum.
- Further live chats should be made available.
- It has the best automatic time tracking feature, which I like the most, as it tracks the time on different tasks on its own and provides a relevant report according to it.
- It tracks the overall progress of the project very efficiently and provides real-time insights into the remaining work.
- It also gives me insights into team productivity and helps me to track team productivity easily.
- Its dashboard is smart and I can easily customize it.
- It easily integrates with other tools and provides me a workable dashboard to do work more effectively.
- The biggest drawback that I am facing while using Hubstaff is their customer support. Customer support did not seem to know about their own platform. In the past few days, I have been trying to contact them and they are not responding to me. If their representative responds, I have to explain all the things from the start, which makes the system loop without solving the exact problem.
- Its ease of use and implementation compelled me to prefer this tool over others.
- I love the way it introduces us day to day latest and simple techniques for managing workflows.
- The biggest and the major pro of this software is that it plays a vital role in monitoring my remote employees so conveniently.
- It comprises of best time tracking features.
- While setting up automatic payroll capabilities I have to pass through difficult steps.
- If I talk about its customer support it is very much inspiring and effective too.
- Difficulty in integration is a serious issue I think that needs to be noticed. Sometimes dragging and dropping features is found to be a bit difficult.
- There should be an option for live chatting.
- Workflow management - Hubstaff makes it super easy to track your workflow and make changes. With an easy to use UI, this whole process is streamlined as a result of increased organization.
- Time tracking - With Hubstaff, users don't have to take the time to enter when they start and stop working manually. Hubstaff tracks this automatically with great accuracy, so the user doesn't have to worry about mistakes or to take the extra time to do it themselves.
- Price - Hubstaff is more expensive than some other competitors. There are some advantages to it, but the price is still always a factor.
- Project dashboard - Hubstadd lacks here because it doesn't have this feature at all. It's not required, but it does make things nicer to look at.
- Works even offline, then sends data to the server once internet access is restored.
- Allows time tracking from different devices (but not simultaneously, of course!)
- It seems to be optimized for Windows. Our devs had problems with it on Ubuntu.
- Sometimes freezes after updates, and no time is saved.
- Shows detailed statistics
- Allows to select project
- Doesn't track time when there is no activity
When we first started using Hubstaff we were running teams out of India and the Philippines and about 6 years ago transitioned to just the Philippines. We started with about 20 people in the office and as of right now employ just over 200 people with it growing every week. We have team leaders, HR managers, admin that all use Hubstaff for different purposes.
Hubstaff has helped improve the way we invoice clients, it’s allowed the support team to flag any concerns with the teams they manage, it’s helped us to better understand time benchmarking through external integrations and most importantly has given us a controlled method to continue to scale a business that is running across multiple countries as if they are all in the one space.
- Support - Each time we've had an issue the people in support have been able to identify an issue and then work with us to resolve.
- Roll out of features - Throughout the years we've been using Hubstaff they have continued to roll out 'add-on' features that support time tracking.
- I know this is something they are working on but will mention here. There is a function in Hubstaff where you can enter a person's start and finish time. If a person is 30 mins early (as an example) it doesn't adjust the start time of the person from when they actually started. This means if they start 30 mins early and finish 30 mins early it that team member is flagged as abandoning shift.
When contacting them about future changes/features they've always been upfront on whether that is a change they are looking to make and when that change may occur. Finally, if the person I have communicated with was unable to resolve, they always escalated to the next best person who can answer/resolve.
- Track time
- Track activity
- Manage tasks
- Measure activity even when still - sometimes you're watching a video, reading or having a video call.
- Have better compatibility with WIN 10.
- Set working time (in case we forget to press play).
- Includes Productivity Percentage in Daily Reports
- Affordable Pricing
- Inbuilt Payment Tracking Option
- Cannot have Custom Number of users like 4 or 7. You have to choose from the set given.
- Admin even though not tracked is billed.
- Cannot set inactivity nag/reminder for user.
- Time tracking -- it tracks your time, and time across various projects (and even down to a task level), down to the second, so every moment of the workday is accounted for
- Screen shots and activity - when you're actively tracking time, it measures your activity with your computer. It also takes screenshots every 3 minutes, so we can see if you had 98% activity that you weren't just playing a computer game.
- Reporting - it's really clear to get reports on activity, on individual users, departments, certain tasks, certain projects, etc.
- I wish it had some sort of way to denote "away from desk" work. It drops your activity to zero, it tells you you're idle if you're using the desktop agent and tries to take that time away, it would be helpful for those times where you're maybe in a meeting or on a call or something without a computer.
- The reporting isn't real time. There's about a 15 minute lag between the reports and the desktop app. The desktop app and phone app don't really talk to each other so if you clock time on the phone app for a wihle and then move to the desktop app, the desktop app really doesn't sync, so you're forced to check time in a report
- I wish there was a little more role based permission customization. Like, I'd love for someone to be able to manage a client and run that client's time, but not see my screenshot activity when billing to that client.
- Customer support
- The reporting is a bit complicated.
- There is some bug for the sync up between the Mac App and the web app. Sometimes the time is getting lost temporary which causes uncertainty for the contractors.