Hubstaff

Hubstaff Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Craig Varghese | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is providing the best services in terms of time tracking, team, and project management for businesses of all kinds. It has all the best features which help organizations to perform on their level best to increase productivity at their workplace. Being a user of Hubstaff for a very long time and critically analyzing their services and features closely I can say that it is a great tool to actually manage all the project operations on one platform easily.
  • It has all the features that need to have while managing the project like screen capturing, sending invoices, create and view reports, pay and quick insights.
  • It also gives me the reports of my team effectiveness.
  • It tracks all the project progress along with team effectiveness and productivity at the workplace, gives me all the insights into team performance, and also helps me to track team productivity easily.
  • Another great feature that Hubstaff has which is its integration module.
  • I am having a problem with its customer support. [I feel it is] one of the worst customer service I have gone through for the longest time. They did not even know about their own platform, response time is late and there is no such name of help from their side what so ever which makes it a very difficult platform to use.
  • [I believe it] needs a lot of upgrades in customer support system.
Hubstaff is a great find for us in the management of projects easily. It is a fully-featured platform and keeps smart features. Great program with full robust technology attracts me more and helping a lot. Support needs a lot of improvements. Other than that, it’s a great platform, definitely recommend this to other businesses as well.
Annie Kramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is streamlined time tracking and team management software easily available in the market. Hubstaff has made time tracking so much easier. It is always handling my tasks super efficiently and effectively. It keeps me updated about my team members and also the amount of time they spent on a particular task. Hubstaff is very user-friendly and I have never found any trouble in finding the right tool.
  • Its interface is also quite easy to handle and is designed in a user friendly way.
  • Overall, I feel that Hubstaff is a very useful invention that has the ability to attract and fascinate users.
  • Hubstaff offers a customizable and easily tailored according to your requirements user interface where with the help of just one click you can start or even stop tracking your daily project activities.
  • Firstly, corrections in Hubstaff can be a little tricky to do at first and interactions with Windows 10 are also not the best. Moreover, I have noticed that the notifications for switching a tracking status get sent out twice instead of once.
  • Also, I believe that there should be an option for live chatting. Other than that, I sometimes feel difficulty in integrating a serious issue I think that needs to be fixed. Also sometimes dragging and dropping features is also a little difficult.
Hubstaff is a great tool for businesses and I would recommend it to all businesses that are exclusively managing remote workers. Hubstaff is one of the best choices for such businesses as it is equipped with all pivotal features that will help you in giving exact direction to your business. Moreover, it offers spot-on technical support as well which is a great thing. It is one of the best suitable tools for every company regardless of its size and equally proves helpful for freelancers as well.
Jonathan Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Time tracking was not much easier, I appreciate [the Hubstaff] services which help me handling my tasks efficiently. I have the knowledge about certain team members and the amount of time they spent on a particular project. It is very user-friendly software and I did not find any trouble in finding the right tool. Its interface is also very appealing and beautifully designed.
  • [Hubstaff] has reduced my workload and now I have got rid of the manual keeping of the data.
  • This tool is my everyday necessity to complete my daily tasks.
  • Through this tool, I am capable of saving my time and now I do more work in a short span of time.
  • [Hubstaff] is limited to integrations, while working on the projects I face difficulty to drag the drop because sometimes the plan requires to be discussed and it becomes a necessity to insert various attachments on the spot so that we could achieve the maximum.
  • Further live chats should be made available.
I will surely recommend [Hubstaff] to all the organizations which will help you to give a direction to our team and you can better extract the maximum out of the working of your team. Further, it is a very suitable application for fieldwork. It has advanced features for time management and task management.
Emily Fasano | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is absolutely a great invention. It is a simple, clean, and clear dashboard that fascinates users. Another great thing is that there is the availability of easy-to-understand training videos for beginners that further facilitates them in training. This is a great invention for remote-based teams. Tracking various activities of teammates is incredibly easy with this single device.
  • Its ease of use and implementation compelled me to prefer this tool over others.
  • I love the way it introduces us day to day latest and simple techniques for managing workflows.
  • The biggest and the major pro of this software is that it plays a vital role in monitoring my remote employees so conveniently.
  • It comprises of best time tracking features.
  • While setting up automatic payroll capabilities I have to pass through difficult steps.
  • If I talk about its customer support it is very much inspiring and effective too.
  • Difficulty in integration is a serious issue I think that needs to be noticed. Sometimes dragging and dropping features is found to be a bit difficult.
  • There should be an option for live chatting.
In my opinion, Hubstaff is the best choice for your business. It is equipped with all essential features that will help you in giving exact direction to your business. Moreover, it offers excellent tech support. It is the most suitable tool for every size of company whether it is small or large and equally proves helpful for freelancers as well.
Grace Wachina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is one of the most effective plus efficient time tracking software which has been serving its customers for a while now. The software has made a great name in the field due to its outstanding features. As a user I have been enticed by Hubstaff due to many factors like its seamless integration with more than 30 applications as it helps running my business more effectively. Moreover, Hubstaff works a lot better with streamlined time management and I really like this about Hubstaff.
  • Hubstaff is backed up with some good quality and meticulous tracking.
  • Ever since we started using this software I have truly admired the way Hubstaff introduces us to some basic and simple techniques for handling workflows of different loads.
  • I feel that Hubstaff is great and super easy for scheduling shifts for employees.
  • Hubstaff really leverages all employees working in the company as when an employee tracks their time incorrectly so Hubstaff provides a window of opportunity to the employee to correct his or her mistake by submitting an error-free correction again. Also, Hubstaff has greatly mitigated so many admin jobs as well.
  • There are many advantages to Hubstaff but this should not be outweighed by its disadvantages as they also hold immense value.
  • Hubstaff removes all the collaboration which sometimes is disappointing.
Altogether, keeping all the advantages and disadvantages in mind I would recommend Hubstaff for businesses because it is also very well priced which is why it will be suitable for different types of businesses belonging to different magnitudes. Usually software is so expensive that smaller companies are not able to benefit from it, so one reason I am suggesting it to others is the cost-effectiveness of Hubstaff.
Brain Blenner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is one of the finest time tracking software available as of now in the market. Hubstaff has some great features. It accurately tracks time with the lightweight desktop. Hubstaff has made my life so much easier in time tracking because its' features always save me from any type of inconvenience. Hubstaff is easily available on different software like Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and much more.
  • Keeping in mind the current unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Hubstaff has been further important as it has been used by us in different types of trials.
  • There are many great features about Hubstaff, which make it my favorite software.
  • It is very easy to schedule shifts for all employees of my business.
  • Its customer support is responsive and professional.
  • I feel that the reporting is pretty mediocre.
  • There is no advanced tracking in Hubstaff, which is a disadvantage. Moreover, I feel that live chats should be readily available.
I personally think Hubstaff is a great software that has commendable features which excel in aspects like tracking the time and employee monitoring. It is also a great platform because it adds so much weight and substance to project management. Altogether, I highly recommend Hubstaff because of its great features, as Hubstaff always proves to be useful in maximizing productivity.
Isaac Hetzroni | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hubstaff to manage almost our entirely remote team. It solves the problem of keeping tabs on contractors who are working remotely, a lot of times in different time zones.
  • Screen monitoring
  • Time Tracking
  • Efficiency scores
  • Easier view of time sheets on a weekly or month scale
  • There is a lot of functionality but it is hard to navigate around
Hubstaff is an amazing tool for our business and I recommend it to almost anyone who is managing remote workers. VA's have never been more popular and Hubstaff is a must-have for that use case.
Mukul Chaturvedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is mostly used to manage timesheets and monitor time management of 3rd party vendors. We often outsource projects to 3rd party companies and we need a tool to monitor the amount of time the company is utilizing. This would help us in effective billing and monitoring the work which is being done by the 3rd party company.
  • Effective dashboard for time management
  • Monthly/Weekly Timesheet reports
  • Multiple employee timesheet management
  • Timely screenshots of the work screen
  • Cost effective for smaller companies
  • The Desktop software UI could be improved
  • Instead of per user billing, they could provide a cost effective bundle for new users
  • Automatic monthly reports are bit confusing and not accurate
For smaller to bigger companies, if a person is looking to monitor and manage time utilizes on a project with a cost-effective option, Hubstaff is the way to go. It has cost-effective pricing structure, intuitive UI, a plethora of functionality which would almost all of your technical and management needs.
Alison Crivlare | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is one of the best streamlined time tracking, team management, and project management softwares available on the market. It has all the features like real-time screen capturing, tracking, viewing reports, sending invoices, paying to the team, and much more. I have been using this software for a very long time and it has been a great find for me, as it easily helping me to make the most out of my work in a limited timeframe.
  • It has the best automatic time tracking feature, which I like the most, as it tracks the time on different tasks on its own and provides a relevant report according to it.
  • It tracks the overall progress of the project very efficiently and provides real-time insights into the remaining work.
  • It also gives me insights into team productivity and helps me to track team productivity easily.
  • Its dashboard is smart and I can easily customize it.
  • It easily integrates with other tools and provides me a workable dashboard to do work more effectively.
  • The biggest drawback that I am facing while using Hubstaff is their customer support. Customer support did not seem to know about their own platform. In the past few days, I have been trying to contact them and they are not responding to me. If their representative responds, I have to explain all the things from the start, which makes the system loop without solving the exact problem.
Hubstaff has been a great choice for time tracking to work efficiently. Support needs a lot of work; otherwise, it has all the features that put it at the top of the list. Definitely recommend this masterpiece to other businesses to use in the workplace.
September 08, 2021

Hubstaff is precision!

This is a tool that everyone uses to track all their performed activities during the day. It is very precise and takes screenshots as a proof of your activities. It also sends reminders in case your mouse is static for more than 5 minutes. All of those features are customizable and it’s great!
  • Takes screenshots as proof of your activities.
  • The time spent can be divided into different activities.
  • You can see previous activities and a productivity line.
  • The interface could be more user-friendly.
  • Something about how precise the tool is makes it stressful.
  • Have the functionally to indicate activities are being done away from the computer, such as sketching.
This is a very useful tool if you are working as a contractor. All your time and productivity is recorded and it also has screenshots to verify your performance. Furthermore, it can provide the exact time you have been spending on a specific activity, meeting, project, etc.
At my organization, Hubstaff is used by various contractors across different firms to help more efficiently track their productivity and workflow. Most full-time employees use in-house solutions to this, but out-sourced employees very often use Hubstaff.
  • Workflow management - Hubstaff makes it super easy to track your workflow and make changes. With an easy to use UI, this whole process is streamlined as a result of increased organization.
  • Time tracking - With Hubstaff, users don't have to take the time to enter when they start and stop working manually. Hubstaff tracks this automatically with great accuracy, so the user doesn't have to worry about mistakes or to take the extra time to do it themselves.
  • Price - Hubstaff is more expensive than some other competitors. There are some advantages to it, but the price is still always a factor.
  • Project dashboard - Hubstadd lacks here because it doesn't have this feature at all. It's not required, but it does make things nicer to look at.
Hubstaff is perfectly suited for budget planning, workflow management, time tracking, and internet monitoring. It's excellent anywhere from large companies down to individual freelancers. An instance where Hubstaff might not be the best is if you value having a project dashboard, to-do lists, or tags.
We haven't needed support too much, but any time we've reached out with a question, they've been very prompt to answer and very helpful in their responses.
Hubstaff is being used across the whole organization to track employees' time. We have a distributed team. People who work remotely often are in different time zones, so we needed a reliable and straightforward way to track their time at work.
  • Works even offline, then sends data to the server once internet access is restored.
  • Allows time tracking from different devices (but not simultaneously, of course!)
  • It seems to be optimized for Windows. Our devs had problems with it on Ubuntu.
  • Sometimes freezes after updates, and no time is saved.
- Allows you to monitor employee activities during work hours
- Shows detailed statistics
- Allows to select project
- Doesn't track time when there is no activity
They respond quickly and always try to resolve issues.
David Judge | TrustRadius Reviewer

When we first started using Hubstaff we were running teams out of India and the Philippines and about 6 years ago transitioned to just the Philippines. We started with about 20 people in the office and as of right now employ just over 200 people with it growing every week. We have team leaders, HR managers, admin that all use Hubstaff for different purposes.

Hubstaff has helped improve the way we invoice clients, it’s allowed the support team to flag any concerns with the teams they manage, it’s helped us to better understand time benchmarking through external integrations and most importantly has given us a controlled method to continue to scale a business that is running across multiple countries as if they are all in the one space.
  • Support - Each time we've had an issue the people in support have been able to identify an issue and then work with us to resolve.
  • Roll out of features - Throughout the years we've been using Hubstaff they have continued to roll out 'add-on' features that support time tracking.
  • I know this is something they are working on but will mention here. There is a function in Hubstaff where you can enter a person's start and finish time. If a person is 30 mins early (as an example) it doesn't adjust the start time of the person from when they actually started. This means if they start 30 mins early and finish 30 mins early it that team member is flagged as abandoning shift.
Hubstaff is good for tracking the time and performance of a person or a team of people. I have started looking at how we can use Hubstaff across Australian and Philippines teams and having the Australian team install the app on their devices and tracking their location and job they are working on. This is while the staff in the Philippines are working on their local machines with Hubstaff tracking their local tasks. This can all be connected to third party project management software (Via API) and the tasks from the management software show in the Hubstaff tracker allowing you to see how much time the staff across 2 countries are spending on tasks each week.
Hubstaff has always responded to support requests in a timely manner and has kept me in the loop of changes.
When contacting them about future changes/features they've always been upfront on whether that is a change they are looking to make and when that change may occur. Finally, if the person I have communicated with was unable to resolve, they always escalated to the next best person who can answer/resolve.
Eligreg Lopez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is the ultimate tool for remote teams. Our employers are very happy with the service since it allows them to track all of our activities and see from our own POV the process we're following to accomplish our goals. It allows us to keep track of the exact time and the activity percentage we're performing as employees.
  • Track time
  • Track activity
  • Manage tasks
  • Measure activity even when still - sometimes you're watching a video, reading or having a video call.
  • Have better compatibility with WIN 10.
  • Set working time (in case we forget to press play).
Remote employers love this software: You can track your employees' time while seeing what they're up to and how they're achieving their goals. Remote workers... not so much. Maybe, sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. It's nice to be able to track your time precisely but having to be active at the keyboard or mouse all the time can even be detrimental to your health. To be able to reach an activity level above 90% people should be really active all the time and a lot of employers don't understand that people aren't always clicking, sometimes it's just enough to be thinking about what you're doing.
Rohit Langde | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hubstaff is used by the whole organization (apart from administrators) as a time tracking tool. Having remote employees, it helps us to keep track of the working hours and patterns of employees. With Hubstaff in place, they don't have to report to us about what are they working on and how much they did. It also solved our problem of attendance and payments thanks to inbuilt modules.
  • Includes Productivity Percentage in Daily Reports
  • Affordable Pricing
  • Inbuilt Payment Tracking Option
  • Cannot have Custom Number of users like 4 or 7. You have to choose from the set given.
  • Admin even though not tracked is billed.
  • Cannot set inactivity nag/reminder for user.
Hubstaff is well suited for almost any size of businesses whether small or big. We are using it for tracking our remote employees but should be applicable as well as for the in-house team. However, the features given like Hubstaff Talent, Tasks and Payment, it is more suited to remote team management company.
We are a fully remote agency organization and that sounds like it could be hard to manage. But, with Hubstaff it's actually pretty easy. Hubstaff allows us to break down our time to make sure we're allocating it correctly to different clients and projects, and it helps us ensure that people are held accountable for the work they do. We tie it in with our HR platforms so everyone who is hourly is also accurately paid, down to the second. Hubstaff addresses the issue that we have of ensuring everyone from top to bottom is on task when you can't physically walk up to them and check in. It also measures activity, so we understand as a business that works on computers every day for every task, if you're just sitting there with the screen pulled up or if you're actively working.
  • Time tracking -- it tracks your time, and time across various projects (and even down to a task level), down to the second, so every moment of the workday is accounted for
  • Screen shots and activity - when you're actively tracking time, it measures your activity with your computer. It also takes screenshots every 3 minutes, so we can see if you had 98% activity that you weren't just playing a computer game.
  • Reporting - it's really clear to get reports on activity, on individual users, departments, certain tasks, certain projects, etc.
  • I wish it had some sort of way to denote "away from desk" work. It drops your activity to zero, it tells you you're idle if you're using the desktop agent and tries to take that time away, it would be helpful for those times where you're maybe in a meeting or on a call or something without a computer.
  • The reporting isn't real time. There's about a 15 minute lag between the reports and the desktop app. The desktop app and phone app don't really talk to each other so if you clock time on the phone app for a wihle and then move to the desktop app, the desktop app really doesn't sync, so you're forced to check time in a report
  • I wish there was a little more role based permission customization. Like, I'd love for someone to be able to manage a client and run that client's time, but not see my screenshot activity when billing to that client.
It's really great for agencies, remote workers, companies with hourly employees, but very specifically works best if those employees spend their day working on a computer, or where the majority of their tasks are computer based. I wouldn't recommend it for jobs where the worker is not actively on a computer (i.e. construction, etc). Contractors with multiple clients can also plug into their client's Hubstaff instance, which can be extremely helpful if you have a lot of hourly contractors you work with.
We use Hubstaff to track the time our contractors/consultants are spending on our projects. It is mostly used by the IT department.
  • Customer support
  • The reporting is a bit complicated.
  • There is some bug for the sync up between the Mac App and the web app. Sometimes the time is getting lost temporary which causes uncertainty for the contractors.
It is appropriate for IT teams where you can track the time. Not really appropriate for creative work, though.

Hubstaff Scorecard Summary

What is Hubstaff?

Easy time tracking software with features like screenshots, activity monitoring, automatic payroll, advanced reports, real time tracking and GPS. Both online and offline tracking capabilities. Also available for Apple, Windows, Linux and iOS. Integrates with 30+ popular tools, like Trello, Asana, Podio and PayPal.

According to the vendor, Hubstaff is ideal for remote teams, SMBs and consultants/freelancers. It is trusted and used by over 8,000 remote teams. No matter how many projects or different teams you have, they can all be under the same account, in separate projects. Also, different employees can have different settings and permissions.

Hubstaff Features

• Supported: Time tracking
  • Supported: App / URL tracking
  • Supported: Invoicing
  • Supported: Payroll
  • Supported: Screenshots
  • Supported: GPS

Hubstaff Screenshots

Time tracking with ScreenshotsRemote work dashboardOver 30 project management integrations

Hubstaff Videos

Hubstaff Invoicing
Hubstaff time tracking with screenshots and activity levels

Hubstaff Competitors