Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Works even offline, then sends data to the server once internet access is restored.
- Allows time tracking from different devices (but not simultaneously, of course!)
- It seems to be optimized for Windows. Our devs had problems with it on Ubuntu.
- Sometimes freezes after updates, and no time is saved.
- Shows detailed statistics
- Allows to select project
- Doesn't track time when there is no activity
When we first started using Hubstaff we were running teams out of India and the Philippines and about 6 years ago transitioned to just the Philippines. We started with about 20 people in the office and as of right now employ just over 200 people with it growing every week. We have team leaders, HR managers, admin that all use Hubstaff for different purposes.
Hubstaff has helped improve the way we invoice clients, it’s allowed the support team to flag any concerns with the teams they manage, it’s helped us to better understand time benchmarking through external integrations and most importantly has given us a controlled method to continue to scale a business that is running across multiple countries as if they are all in the one space.
- Support - Each time we've had an issue the people in support have been able to identify an issue and then work with us to resolve.
- Roll out of features - Throughout the years we've been using Hubstaff they have continued to roll out 'add-on' features that support time tracking.
- I know this is something they are working on but will mention here. There is a function in Hubstaff where you can enter a person's start and finish time. If a person is 30 mins early (as an example) it doesn't adjust the start time of the person from when they actually started. This means if they start 30 mins early and finish 30 mins early it that team member is flagged as abandoning shift.
- Workflow management - Hubstaff makes it super easy to track your workflow and make changes. With an easy to use UI, this whole process is streamlined as a result of increased organization.
- Time tracking - With Hubstaff, users don't have to take the time to enter when they start and stop working manually. Hubstaff tracks this automatically with great accuracy, so the user doesn't have to worry about mistakes or to take the extra time to do it themselves.
- Price - Hubstaff is more expensive than some other competitors. There are some advantages to it, but the price is still always a factor.
- Project dashboard - Hubstadd lacks here because it doesn't have this feature at all. It's not required, but it does make things nicer to look at.
- Track time
- Track activity
- Manage tasks
- Measure activity even when still - sometimes you're watching a video, reading or having a video call.
- Have better compatibility with WIN 10.
- Set working time (in case we forget to press play).
- Includes Productivity Percentage in Daily Reports
- Affordable Pricing
- Inbuilt Payment Tracking Option
- Cannot have Custom Number of users like 4 or 7. You have to choose from the set given.
- Admin even though not tracked is billed.
- Cannot set inactivity nag/reminder for user.
- Time tracking -- it tracks your time, and time across various projects (and even down to a task level), down to the second, so every moment of the workday is accounted for
- Screen shots and activity - when you're actively tracking time, it measures your activity with your computer. It also takes screenshots every 3 minutes, so we can see if you had 98% activity that you weren't just playing a computer game.
- Reporting - it's really clear to get reports on activity, on individual users, departments, certain tasks, certain projects, etc.
- I wish it had some sort of way to denote "away from desk" work. It drops your activity to zero, it tells you you're idle if you're using the desktop agent and tries to take that time away, it would be helpful for those times where you're maybe in a meeting or on a call or something without a computer.
- The reporting isn't real time. There's about a 15 minute lag between the reports and the desktop app. The desktop app and phone app don't really talk to each other so if you clock time on the phone app for a wihle and then move to the desktop app, the desktop app really doesn't sync, so you're forced to check time in a report
- I wish there was a little more role based permission customization. Like, I'd love for someone to be able to manage a client and run that client's time, but not see my screenshot activity when billing to that client.
- Customer support
- The reporting is a bit complicated.
- There is some bug for the sync up between the Mac App and the web app. Sometimes the time is getting lost temporary which causes uncertainty for the contractors.
Hubstaff Scorecard Summary
According to the vendor, Hubstaff is ideal for remote teams, SMBs and consultants/freelancers. It is trusted and used by over 8,000 remote teams. No matter how many projects or different teams you have, they can all be under the same account, in separate projects. Also, different employees can have different settings and permissions.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Hubstaff Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||70%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||10%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||0%|
Hubstaff Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Hubstaff Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac, Google Chrome|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|