<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.8 out of 100
Based on 100 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Lucidchart is a great replacement/alternative to Visio. It's excellent for diagrams of all kinds. We use it in a software development organization and it has enabled clear communications for many designs and ideas. That said, it hasn't replaced UI mockup tools for us even though it offers the ability to make such mockups.
MindMeister is ideally suited for building mind maps, site maps, or similar types of data maps in the cloud without needing to install extra software. I find that it isn't quite as ideal for other types of diagrams (ERDs, flowcharts, etc) as some other tools, though it definitely can handle those things as well.
- Allows individuals to further realize engineering issues and collaborate, globally in real time, in order to resolve the issues.
- Allows individuals and teams to define a workflow or process to use for a platform or action. For instance, before selecting an HRIS platform, we used Lucidchart to map out all HRIS processes which made selecting a platform ridiculously simple.
- Lucidchart also allows anyone to easily publish their output so that users, both internally and externally, can view their ideas without needing a license, login or any complicated understanding.
- The mobile aspects of Lucidchart are also fantastic as an individual can create a concept or design and present it to individuals right from their pocket.
- The UI is well laid out and easy to use. The workflow makes perfect sense and makes creating tasks a breeze.
- The collaboration features make brainstorming not only easy but fun! Everyone enjoys using the tool, which was not the case with other collaboration software we used.
- I love being able to get all of my thoughts and ideas on the screen to see them and then be able to connect them in a logical way.
- I wish I could easier incorporate my companies themes / branding into the platform
- It seems really intuitive as a org chart system but perhaps more tutorials for other use cases?
- Google product suite security is so-so; perhaps Lucidcharts can improve upon it?
Executive in Finance and AccountingInternet Company, 201-500 employees
- I wish collaborators could add comments without having to be given editor privileges. A "Reviewer" role would be helpful.
- I would like to be able to toggle note visibility on and off. If there is a way to do it now, I haven't found it. As it is, I have to hover or use the sidebar to see notes.
- Two or three times I have seen my nodes spontaneously reverse order in a big map (over their recommended limit). Even so, they are working on tracking the issue down.
Based on 13 answers
No download, no installation approach definitely a huge plus for Lucidchart. However, internet connectivity will affect responsiveness and sometime causing lag in visual update. The abundance of template, easy of use and intuitive user experience help in adaptation for new users as well. However, the requirement of registering first might be a decisive factor for some users for not using it.
Professional in Information TechnologyTelecommunications Company, 1001-5000 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 31 answers
This is hard to review really because we have never needed support. Anything we have required assistance with has either been covered in the user forum or we have solved oursleves. There are not too many things we have encountered that are too difficult to solve ourselves. Everything is very straight forward
Based on 2 answers
Never had an issue with customer support, though we never really needed anything major as far as technical help. I do not believe they offer 24 hour customer support but we don't need it as MindMeister is not the type of tool we need need 24 hour a day support for. Overall, very happy with the level of support.
We use Lucidchart primarily because it is easier to onboard new users to this program than it is to get them up-to-speed with other tools. It has also been the most cost-effective tool we have used so far
Professional in Research & DevelopmentEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
I have also used LucidChart and Google Draw to create mind maps and concept maps in the past. I think that MindMeister is by far the cleanest and most user friendly of the three. Google Draw does not have anywhere near the same functionality. LucidChart tends to be clunky and the options to create your map are not always clear and intuitive.
Return on Investment
- Speeds up the process of preparing presentations. It also really helps gain more insight and allows for changes to be made at will. Regardless of what industry you are in - you could literally use a template/diagram etc - to gain further insight on other industries business models or even analyse a business prospect or potential new client and their strategies. Has saved our organization a lot of time when it comes to creating graphs and illustrations.
- Has tremendously improved our process of gathering requirements, process mapping and documenting business process reengineering. With Lucid chart, any of our Business Analyst can consult with users and customers and within minutes have a detailed diagram of their current process which they can share with our developers and engineering. Editing and making changes is super easy and can be done online by any team member that has access. This has made us more efficient because team members can work from anywhere as long as they have a reliable internet connection
- With this application we can facilitate the work, we have the need to create additional coordination in the production department, with which we will test what is being explored in Lucidchart and submit a proposal of height and that is approved by the meeting. This has streamlined our process and reduced the amount of time it takes in making key decisions.
- In IT, we get a lot of internal questions from different departments asking process related questions about products like Gmail, or whatdata we share with vendors. With Lucidchart I can easily create a flow chart to show the emails and send dates and on top of that, I can hyperlink a shape in the chart and take someone to a sample of the actual vendoe email.
Manager in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 1001-5000 employees
- The most positive result of using MindMeister is a visualization of each step in work and connections between different nodes(ideas, steps).
- This greatly simplifies the work, especially collaborative work, since it is easier to show it once than to explain things many times.
- Negative impact: lack of offline desktop version.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Lucidchart Editions & Modules
- per month
- per user/per month
Additional Pricing DetailsThe Team Pricing increases depending on the number of users on the account.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
MindMeister Editions & Modules
- per user per month