Likelihood to Recommend
It's good at easily creating and housing all our documentation/articles.It has a simple and effective way for customers to contact support. With the 3 contact methods appearing on certain pages of the site. And a good support contact form that integrates with our Salesforce.The user community features look to be a good fit for us, but we've not implemented it yet because our engineering department still needs to prepare the single-sign-on for us.It's not as appropriate for housing all our video tutorials. Right now we can put each video on its own page and list them similar to articles. It would be better if we could easily move and navigate between videos without having to click into individual pages. It'd also be nice to have more linking/association between videos and articles of the same subject matter.It's not as appropriate for offering our live class schedule or registration. I'd like to see a GoToMeeting integration. Or even a good way to display classes on a calendar, with the ability to filter which classes display on the calendar.
- Authoring and editing articles is quick and easy.
- Mindtouch has a really responsive and helpful support team.
- You can customize the structure of your documentation on MT.
- You can easily re-use content from one article in another, as well as pull in multiple articles to a path or sequence of documentation.
- Localization/translation solution and workflow is cumbersome. At the moment we translate to one language, but can foresee complexities in change management if we needed to manage many locales.
- Improved documentation on advanced topics, such as working with underlying css classes and understanding dependencies. Overall though, Mindtouch documentation has improved significantly over the years.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 18 answers
Overall, we are extremely happy with the product and customer support. Beyond that, we've invested a lot of time and money into our site, and to move to a different platform wouldn't make sense for us.
Based on 29 answers
Based on 10 answers
It feels very responsive both in editor mode and when browsing and searching for content as an unauthenticated user of the site. Service windows are announced well ahead of time, so I have never experienced downtime to the extent that I have been unable to get work done.
Based on 31 answers
MindTouch Support has always been quick to respond, easy to communicate with, and extremely helpful and friendly. They are a wonderful team to work with.
Based on 5 answers
Written documentation and videos are very good and have helped on numerous occasions when I've had to look up how to accomplish a certain task. The reason I have not given a full score is mainly because there have been some inaccuracies in the documentation because updates to the MindTouch framework have slightly changed the way things work. But this is usually the same type of challenges I face when making documentation for the software solution we develop. So all in all I'm very satisfied with both the personal webinars and the online documentation MindTouch provides for their service.
Based on 10 answers
Implementation was fairly quick. Migration of content from our old CMS could be started right away, while we had a design agency work on the visual aspects of the site. Although some tweaking and CSS troubleshooting was required underway, the system was functional and could be used by ourselves and our customer base from the first week of launch, albeit without the custom styling completely implemented. I'd say that's pretty good.
MindTouch offers a unique knowledge and information management tool that was different enough from traditional knowledge bases and advanced enough to not be a Wiki while allowing CRM integration and APIs for customization. MindTouch as a company is focused on making their product great where as other vendors treat this space as a bundle or checkbox feature without being robust enough to replace a knowledge base and PDF manuals.
Return on Investment
- Easier merchant integrations due to public availability/discoverability of documentation.
- Building positive brand/team image due to the availability of nice-looking and informative documentation.
- Faster iterations on and additions to documentation to support beta/new products.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
1. included with license