Success with MindTouch?
Overall Satisfaction with MindTouch
We recently starting using a separate LMS system so we can assign and track our customers' training during onboarding scenarios. We use an LMS for this because MindTouch can't do this.
- Good privacy settings for each page. I can set a new article to semi-private until it's approved to go live. And I can send a link to that page out for review.
- Good tracking on each page history.
- Ability to view and restore previous page versions.
- I like the category search bars that only search the current category.
- When they release product updates each Thursday, sometimes those break areas of our site. Either it interacts with and breaks our custom branding or it breaks the layout and responsiveness of existing pages. So far MindTouch has not been able to find a solution to any of my tickets on these issues. So that puts the problem back on us to go through all of our 3,000+ pages and apply a fix, or to rebrand certain areas like our customized search page which broke and was reverted back to default.
- The reports could be more helpful. I'd like to filter these reports further before I export.
- the search feature isn't strong enough. Doesn't always pull up the best results, and it's difficult to sort through the results and know what is what. Is it a video? An article?
- It has increased the sharing and spread of our training articles because of the PDF export feature on each article. This allows our customer facing staff to email PDFs to customers.
The struggle I have with MindTouch is that it doesn't provided an automated content inventory tool or workflow. I'd like to communicate the website size to stakeholders. And have an inventory that helps provide a consolidated picture of the overall structure of a site:
the major sections, pages, and distribution of content. And a way to audit the content and mark/track which pages need to be updated.
It's good at easily creating and housing all our documentation/articles.
It has a simple and effective way for customers to contact support. With the 3 contact methods appearing on certain pages of the site. And a good support contact form that integrates with our Salesforce.
The user community features look to be a good fit for us, but we've not implemented it yet because our engineering department still needs to prepare the single-sign-on for us.
It's not as appropriate for housing all our video tutorials. Right now we can put each video on its own page and list them similar to articles. It would be better if we could easily move and navigate between videos without having to click into individual pages. It'd also be nice to have more linking/association between videos and articles of the same subject matter.
It's not as appropriate for offering our live class schedule or registration. I'd like to see a GoToMeeting integration. Or even a good way to display classes on a calendar, with the ability to filter which classes display on the calendar.