Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Desk.com, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Desk.com was a helpdesk, ticketing, and customer support product offered by Salesforce. It is no longer sold.
Desk.com collects and organizes all of an organization’s customer conversations (Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, chat) into a prioritized actionable list, and gives business simple tools to effectively respond to their customers.
Desk.com is a Salesforce product and provides seamless integration with Salesforce CRM.
Desk.com is designed to help businesses take control of their customer support! The vendor offers demos and free trials.
- Supported: Organize and prioritize service tickets
- Supported: Expert directory
- Supported: Subscription-based notifications
- Supported: ITSM collaboration and documentation
- Supported: Ticket creation and submission
- Supported: Ticket response
- Supported: Automated responses
- Supported: Attachments/Screencasts
- Supported: Forums
- Supported: External knowledge base
- Supported: Internal knowledge base
- Supported: Q and A
- Supported: Surveys/polls
- Supported: Customer portal
- Supported: Live help chat
- Supported: Phone support
- Supported: Social integration
- Supported: Email support
- Supported: Help Desk CRM integration
- Supported: Salesforce Integration
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- Customer Management
- Solving the issue in record time
- They should improve the business plans
- Need to large up the scale
If you have not your developed product then there is not no need to use this.
- Auto response
- Personalized support
- Multiple channel support
- Can use more emojies
- Use GIF's
- Can share images or GIF or short videos for problem
- Abilities to customise and format the response to the fullest.
- Allows Team interaction by providing all the details of the customer interaction when a chat is received
- Provides instant report for data analysis and forecast
- Amazing Customer support team
- Sometimes, though the message is formatted and customized by adding image and other stuffs, we have seen scenarios where it doesn't reach to the customer in the same format.
Has amazing Customised formatting abilities .
As it provides the previous interaction with the customers it helps us to give prompt, effective and quick responses
With this tool customer service is much easier to carry out.
Scope is as wide as it can be it was used to manage the Social Media and Email based tickets as well, also there is an option for LIVE Chat with the customers.
- Customer Service
- Telephonic Integration
- LIVE Chat Integration
- Social Media Monitoring
- User limits can be improved
- More pocket-friendly plans can be made
- Easy integration from difference mediums like Telephonic, Social Media and Email so that one have versatility of options.
- Ticket Filtering, Bug Tracking is as smooth.
- Advance Time tracking makes it look special among it category.
- It just needs to work upon the user limitation it has.
- Faster Resolution
- Self-service knowledge base
- Case routing
- customer satisfaction surveys
- Macros, labels and custom fields report
- SSO for administrators and agents
- Multilingual customer support
- Salesforces Integrations
- Collaboration funcionality
- User Interface
- Quotation makings
- Users interface
- Cloud base
- Customizations product
- Limited excess
- Easy to recognize status
- Screen are sometimes hard to navigate
- It automates the responses to similar queries which our adopters ask for
- It collects feedback from customers and ultimately gives an insights on what we can improve
- It has helped us in reducing the headcounts and contractors who are in the support team. The same budget we allocate to more useful tasks
- I would like to add customization on top of the desk. For example I would like an option to provide helper videos, demos, and tutorials within this framework
- I would like the integration time to reduce when we are integrating with any other application within my organization
- I would like an option to integrate workflows. Ex a support engineer can direct the query to his supervisor through a workflow
- Chat services with customers
- Email filtering
- Alerting customers that a user was available to chat or not
- Email communication channel when live chat agents were not available
- Their licensing was kind of hard to get a handle of if you needed to change you had to go through a salesperson.
- Their filtering to get rid of emails that were not about the chats was something that had to be done at the admin level
- The log in did not sync with AD but this may have changed.
- Integrations to Jira.
- Customer solutioning.
- Supporting with best practices.
- Consolidating responses as one ticket (email integration).
- Support our customers on any channel at scale.
- Personalize our customer support experience.
- Automate redundant admin tasks to boost overall efficiency.
- Configure workflows and customize consoles effectively.
- Email support capabilities can definitely be expanded.
- Enhanced organization and prioritization of support and service tickets.
- Quickly identifying errors when a ticket is triggered and being able to triage effectively.
- It's easy to use.
- It's easy to train new teammates on.
- It's great to be able to view activity among many different products/services for all of our teams together.
- The interface could be a bit more modern.
- I don't think it would be the best product to use for bigger enterprise businesses.
- It is often times slow and glitchy (Salesforce in general is also just slow and glitchy sometimes).
- It's not great if you're trying to work on many cases at once.
- A lot of customization abilities
- Easy to use
- Connects with our other Salesforce activities
- There should be a open-source training to get you started.
- It can be bare-bones originally so it takes time to customize.
- Not great support services.
- Ticket assignment and timing
- Reply to customer needs
- Easier integration with Shopify
- Easier integration with HubSpot
- Branded community
- Mobile app
- Ability to customize
- Cookie cutter
- User friendly
- Ability to adjust easily using a mobile app
- Not crash
- Multiple calls
- Filtering the dashboard
- Multitasking within the site
- I wish the main dashboard homepage had a better interface.
- Easier transition between embedded tasks.
- I wish all of the information in the incidents were searchable.
- Information security and compliance
- Features and configuration options
- Fairly priced
- The interface can be slow in some computers
- It may need training and some work to get started
- Ease of Use
- Integration across platforms
- Multi-lingual support
- Customizability according to the requirement
- Pricing plan
- Reporting features
The sales part is only to receive forms from the webpage. This part is a bit more complicate to setup. You need help from the IT department, but it's worth it.
- Organize support tickets
- Receive forms from webpage
- User interface
In addition, it has an integration with Salesforce (we actually didn't use it, but it's a good thing to have) and other CRM's. We had integration with Pipedrive via Zapier, which was tedious because we had to pay extra to have it.
- Desk.com automatically tracks analytics on all cases coming in and going out.
- Desk.com helps prevent multiple people from working on the same case. However, it does allow us to assign the case to someone else if we feel that person is more qualified to address the case.
- Desk.com has very few bugs or server issues that we've seen. This helps prevent any delays in communicating with our customers.
- It has a little bit of lag sometimes, especially when we're working on a lot of cases at once. It could be smoother in that aspect.
- Case filtering based on custom parameters (labels, assignments, time rules) is easy to set up and manage
- Basic case handling (responding to emails, adding notes)
- Customized / branded outbound email templates
- Knoweldgebase tools included in the price of the software
- Internal knowledge tools are clunky and annoying to access, outside the regular workflow of everyday staff
- Arbitrary and confusing limitations in business rules and custom fields
- Arbitrary and confusing limitations in case handling - for example, if you begin a case as a phone call you CANNOT email the customer from the case. As though no one working at Desk has ever sent a follow-up email...?
- Not very good for B2B, mid-to-large businesses. Difficult to set business rules based on company information (for example, service level/tier) and nearly impossible to track key stakeholders and get clear insight into the relationship at a high level
- Reporting tools are clunky, slow, and just all-around pretty useless
- Extremely easy to adopt
- Easy to scale
- New analytics dashboard is missing some basic functionalities and I don't see it as an upgrade compared to the old one
- Their own support team does not shine
- Salesforce integration needs some polishing
- Organization: Simple and clear.
- Support document creation and updating.
- Efficiency systems that save thousands of man hours.
- Greater support for multi-language operation.
- More built in features, instead of the sheer reliance on plug-ins.
- Easier color coding.
Desk also makes it easy to assign cases between teams. Since our cases are not mutually exclusive, this is very important to us. Additionally, it gives us the freedom through the Help Center and Help Center form to assign rules/labels based on the type of case and be way more efficient in resolving cases.
- Help Center. Desk has worked endlessly with us to perfect our Help Center. They are dedicated and willing to work in order to make your product right.
- Customization. Though we exceeded the rule limitation for Desk, they have still allowed us to take their product and make it our own. We have our own labeling, and priority system which help us hit important SLAs.
- User education. Whenever there is a new feature released, I feel like I'm in the know about it which is extremely important when we've been requesting certain features for a long period of time. Their communication is on point.
- Business Insights. Not quite there yet with the analytics, but they have made leaps and bounds when it comes to this area so I can't really complain.
- Hitting limitations. We have maxed out Desk in a few things (filters, rules, etc.). However, with this being said, they worked tirelessly with us to find workarounds.
- Admin powers. That page needs a facelift for sure. It's hard to navigate and I find myself constantly saying, "where is X again?"
We currently use Desk between two teams, and at one time we had three. It was stretching Desk VERY thin in terms of rules, filters, and organization. If you have multiple teams that have their own separate ideas for how they want Desk to run, you may be better off getting more than one Desk account.