<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.9 out of 101
Based on 67 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
- When Python is the main language of choice, an IDE like PyCharm is a great choice
- Web development and server development (services) development is also very well supported
- React programming needs some additional assistance as JSX is a new file format which mixes HTML as a JS string. That is amazingly integrated as well
- However, this IDE has heavy memory requirements and needs a good machine
- Customizable interface: layout, color scheme, hot keys, etc may all be individually tailored to a user.
- Platform intelligence: debugging, code analysis, dependency resolution, and auto completion make the PyCharm IDE efficient and a pleasure to use
- Support / tutorials guide the user through learning the different capabilities (this was a big deal for me when I switched to using Python / PyCharm after coding in a text editor and R Studio)
- Pycharm is expensive if you cannot get a license through work (although you can get a lightweight version for free)
- When starting up Pycharm, it can take a while to load (up to a minute or more), which is somewhat annoying.
- The initial setup can take a little while, and I found that customizing the appearance of PyCharm was very cumbersome.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
It's perfect for our needs, cuts development time, is really helpful for newbies to understand projects structure
Based on 2 answers
Pycharm's website has many tutorial videos that walk you through entire setup and makes you comfortabe by showing various scenarios that any developer will encounter. Their forums are active and so is their customer support. There is an active user-base and many features are added as it in constant development and upgradation.
Engineer in EngineeringComputer Software Company, 10,001+ employees
Compared to bare bones editors like Sublime and Notepad++, Pycharm is a full-service IDE with all the bells and whistles that makes python coding easy and convenient. There is no need to use the terminal or Mac finder to navigate to different files or use CMD+F to find where a function is defined. All this can be done from within PyCharm which saves time.
Professional in Information TechnologyFinancial Services Company, 201-500 employees
Return on Investment
- Definitely improves developer productivity.
- Fixing syntax errors is super easy and fast which is normally difficult in languages like Python.
- It provides the option to read the documentation within IDE itself which is great and saves a lot of time rather than googling things.
- No negative impacts.
Engineer in EngineeringComputer Software Company, 1001-5000 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?