Likelihood to Recommend
The scenarios where a tag management solution is appropriate are:
- Your marketing team needs to move faster on actionable data than your IT team can deploy tags.
- You want to give your marketing team the power and responsibility of managing and deploying analytics tags.
- Vendor tags are interfering with site performance or uptime and you wish to have an easy "off" switch.
Feature Rating Comparison
Role-based user permissions
Tag variable mapping
Ease of writing custom tags
Rules-driven tag execution
Tag performance monitoring
Improved page load times
Mobile app tagging
Mobile event tracking
Data distribution management
Universal data layer
Automated error checking
- Allows us to stay nimble and focus on limited developer resources to other more critical development tasks.
- By have the flexibility to add, but also to remove tags easily, you can ensure your site speed doesn't suffer from forgotten tags still on the site.
- Tealium iQ can be an intimidating solution to understand and use. So, it is highly valuable to have walkthroughs and setup wizards that reduce that barrier of entry to the solution.
- Communicating out the latest changes and ways to leverage them is a constant challenge for Tealium given the rapid release of features. Making sure this messaging is clear by leveraging a mobile Tealium Customer Application like that used for Digital Velocity to communicate out the latest and greatest changes may be an opportunity.
Analyst in Information TechnologyRetail Company, 501-1000 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Tealium iQ 9.6
Based on 14 answers
Tealium continues to impress us with their focus on innovation and continuous improvement. Their support team makes use feel as though we are their one and only client. They exceed our expectations from both a product and people perspective, so we have no reason to look elsewhere!
Program Manager in MarketingRetail Company, 501-1000 employees
Tealium iQ 8.5
Based on 5 answers
Tealium is very straight forward and transparent in its tool interface. It does a good job of providing information and resources around every function of the tool. This allows a user to be comforted knowing there is a wealth of information surrounding any specific action in the tool for a user to rely on
Tealium iQ 9.0
Based on 2 answers
Great user interface. Easy to use. Very responsive.
Director in Information TechnologyRetail Company, 10,001+ employees
Tealium iQ 10.0
Based on 1 answer
Our AM is the best part of our Tealium relationship. He's well aware of our sites and KPIs, responsive, and always goes the extra mile to help.
Tealium iQ 7.0
Based on 1 answer
Implementation had some bumps in the road and it was new for all of us, but for the most part, it was easier than many other implementations we've done with other technologies.
Tealium is the only tag management system I've personally used, but it's way better than our websites' former tagging systems (autotagging or WebTrends) because it gives us the flexibility to rename key/value pairs so our data is intuitive and easily understandable for an end user.
Return on Investment
- We haven't recognized all of the benefits yet, since we're still working on implementation, but our last set of tags deployed (Quantcast, Criteo) were quite painful to implement. Once we get our Tealium data layer properly implemented, we're looking forward to the day where we can deploy a new tag for a display vendor with a few clicks.
- Just having a paid option is a nice improvement over Google's free product, which means support is non-existent. Our business is at the point where paying for support is preferable to free product.
Director in ManufacturingRetail Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?