Tealium iQ is the best TMS out there.https://www.trustradius.com/tag-managementTealium iQ Tag Management SystemUnspecified7.81061012015-04-15T18:43:41.417Z
April 15, 2015
Tealium iQ is the best TMS out there.
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Tealium iQ Tag Management System
We use Tealium iQ on all of our ecommerce properties for US and Europe and are planning to expand to all remaining markets in the next year. We acquired Tealium to both clean-up our tracking and allow for launching tags without having to go through IT.
- User-interface. We have found the UI to be very intuitive which has made it easier to get use to and features like the color-coding of changed elements and labels make using the tool very eary.
- Extensions. These are an incredibly powerful way to enrich and power our data layer.
- Customer service. Our AM is terrific. He's very responsive and always bends over backwards to help.
- Mobile interface. I had to make a change recently from my phone and it required pinching and zooming on the desktop site.
- We were able to save a lot of IT hours due to moving over to Tealium. We estimate Tealium paid for itself in about 4 months.
- Most of our tags are now able to go live in 15 minutes. I used to take us a 2 week sprint.
- Ensighten,Google Tag Manager,TagMan
We evaluated Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, and Tagman. We found Google's limited tag library to be a non-starter for our needs. Tagman seemed to lack resources to compete with Tealium and Ensighten. We selected Tealium over Ensighten for three reasons:
- Better UI
- Better customer references
- A corporate leadership we had positive previous experience with (some of us had previously worked with Webside Story)
I feel a rating of 10 would mean that I would recommend Tealium 100% of the time, but there are scenarios where I would recommend a free solution. For example, if a user doesn't have budget for a paid solution or if he/she is only using Google Analytics. For every other scenario that comes to mind, I WOULD recommend Tealium.
Using Tealium iQ Tag Management System
Analytics is our owner of this tool and handles all implementation and management of tags which are requested by marketing. IT uses it when they need to see what tags are firing through Tealium.
1 - I handle all support for the product beyond the on-site implementation of the Tealium tag and UDO.
- Consistent tracking on all sites in all markets. By using a single Tealium container I'm able to ensure all of our sites are tracking exactly the same.
- Last minute campaign launches. Last holiday I was given a request to implement a Criteo tag one week before Thanksgiving. Without Tealium, I wouldn't have been able to get this live in time.
- We no longer have any in-page tags so we no longer have tags slowing down our site load or cluttering our page code.
- Using extensions in Tealium I was able to create "affinity groups" that flagged users based on what product categories or brands they view the most.
- Unique checkout path. Our sites have ~6 different unique checkout paths which make it difficult to gain insights from standard Google Analytics funnels, but using extensions we are able to set the users specific checkout path.
Evaluating Tealium iQ Tag Management System and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Company stability was one of our top criteria. We were looking for a key partner that will be around for the foreseeable future and continue to grow and advance their offering. It was critical for us to that our chosen partner had the ambition and funds to remain at the forefront of the industry.
I would have researched tag management in general and the specific companies much more thoroughly before reaching out. This would have saved time during evaluation as we wouldn't have included two vendors and would have had more specific questions in the early evaluation stages.
Tealium iQ Tag Management System Implementation
Implementation had some bumps in the road and it was new for all of us, but for the most part, it was easier than many other implementations we've done with other technologies.
Tealium iQ Tag Management System Support
Our AM is the best part of our Tealium relationship. He's well aware of our sites and KPIs, responsive, and always goes the extra mile to help.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - For the most part we find the standard support hours to be sufficient, but one time we had to purchase a small amount of additional hours to support a project.
Due to a planning mistake on our part in the initial implementation, we had to redo a piece of the implementation after a month or two. This required far more hours than were covered under our contract, but our AM and the Tealium solutions engineers helped us fix those errors and didn't charge us for the excessive support hours.
Using Tealium iQ Tag Management System
No interface is perfect and the lack of a mobile interface has been an issue on one or two instances.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Color-coding. When I first log into a profile, the "Submit" button is grey. As soon as a change is made it turns orange. This and other color-coding design choices are a great way for me to tell if I've made any changes that I should save before exiting.
- Labels. We have hundreds of extensions, so being able to filter that list based on the labels we assign to each is a great way of filtering that list to the relevant extensions.
- The most difficult part of using a TMS system is understanding the full impact of all the tags and extensions. For example, I recently had a variable that wouldn't pass the correct value and I couldn't understand why. It turned out that I had an error in an extension that I didn't realize was impacting this variable.