Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- Project Scheduling
- Resource Management
- Portfolio Management
- UI Experience
Bad for: Personal Use, the UI isn't as friendly for the novice or personal user.
- Oracle has invested heavily in user experience. The Primavera application is intuitive and user-friendly.
- Collaboration among the project teams can be enhanced with an integrated social network, where users can share documents and tag comments.
- Project budgeting, costs, capitalization, expenses, embedded analytics, and data visualizations come in built-in with the software.
- The software is high end with rich features, hence its rich price.
- There is room for improvement in their customer service.
- Oracle is doing its best in coming up with new features, and has a planned roadmap. It would be good if the enhancements are delivered faster.
- Intuitive Software
- Great scheduling tool
- Can be difficult for a beginner to use
- Quite expensive software
during the proposal/bidding phase of the project. If we were awarded this project, we will then baseline the schedule and begin working with operations on updating the schedule. This helps give us an excellent idea of when certain activities will take place and when key milestones are met. Best suited during meetings to provide management a high-level overview of the status of a project.
- Manages execution.
- Track inter-dependencies.
- Gives accountability.
- Primavera as a scheduling software can manage large project schedules regardless of complexity.
- P6 is powerful enough to identify the longest pathway to the completion of a project. This is also known as CPM.
- P6 can handle multiple scenarios and save them as a separate baseline schedule. This can be helpful for figuring theoretical sequences.
- P6 is not as intuitive as other scheduling software. It usually requires someone who is trained in the program to use it exclusively.
- P6 can have multiple versions of the baseline schedule. This is not intuitive like saving a file, which usually leads to confusion.
- P6 is very costly for smaller companies to afford.
On the other hand, it can be cumbersome to use and still requires a dedicated "P6" person to set up the initial schedule.
- CAC authentication is required in my arena, and OPPM can work in conjunction with a secondary application to allow for this added layer of security.
- Allows for security/permissions by customizable roles via user types and user groups. This keeps users in check with only certain abilities to edit or read, etc...
- All kinds of abilities to build custom reports, as well as built in. Export formats include: CSV, Excel, PPT, Word. Customers like reports, and OPPM does a good job at its offerings.
- Visual aids such as charts and graphs offer some eye appeal. This is useful for presentations, for depicting data.
- Has the ability to offer document storage via attachment. Attaching supporting documents is a must with portfolio management.
- We are in a portable age, but OPPM is not an option for use on mobile devices.
- OPPM workflow is not extensive compared to other products, only offering linear ability.
- Front-end is fairly vanilla with few clicks and clean interface. Due to limited browser support, users often have difficulties when browsers upgrade or settings are changed.
- Project Task & Graphics Manipulations
- Relatively Responsive in Comparison to Similar Tools
- Simple Information Extraction
- The system feels a bit manual at times, primarily in entry.
- Graphics could used to be spruced up to deliver more professionally looking outputs.
- Clean, Clear, Easy to Read Reporting
- Easy to learn
- Easy to Use
- Ability to custom sort data for review online
- Ability to customize reports
- Behind the scenes data fixes so each field doesn't have to be populated to generate quality reports
Scheduling coordination w/ Project
- Critical Path Methodology will identify potential issues in on time completion if activities move.
- A resources loaded schedule can accurately forecast % complete and staffing requirements.
- Coding allows easy group, sort, and filtering when reporting to certain business units out of the same file.
- Reporting functions and graphs are basic. We dump the data from Primavera to Excel. In my experience most companies have this practice.
- Import/export functions need greater options.
- Risk module needed instead of secondary software.
- Ease of usage and navigation.
- Excellent reports functionality.
- Cloud implementation is supported.
- Scalability issues as we had to restart the application.
- JVM issues and the Java process has to be killed manually to get Primavera work.
- P6 allows the schedule to be built on the project site and to be accessed remotely by upper-level management and the scheduling department for review. This allows our large organization to operate off the same schedule without worrying about multiple versions, and without any hassle.
- P6 is a flexible software. It performs well on large and small projects. Large projects do not lag, and the WBS structure allows the schedule to stay organized.
- P6 is improved over previous versions in the ease in which changes can be saved or un-done. Mistakes can be easily fixed and reversed.
- Some of the views in P6 are hard to adjust.
- Printing from P6 can be difficult.
Oracle Primavera Scorecard Summary
What is Oracle Primavera?
Primavera is a software suite primarily for construction, but is intended to possess functionality for other asset-intensive industries. The suite’s components are divided into various products:
Primavera Cloud is an end-to-end delivery platform for task management and scheduling, risk management, portfolio project management, and capital planning
Enterprise PPM is a scaled project planning and management tool. It includes resource balancing, collaboration, performance evaluation and visualization, and integration with financial and HCM systems
Portfolio Management informs project investment decision-making and monitors individual project and overall portfolio health
Unifier enables project lifecycle governance, including capital planning, project delivery, cost control, and facilities/real estate management.
Submittal Exchange Cloud Service is a securitized system for exchanging, reviewing, and storing construction project documentation
Analytics is a program for measuring and analyzing EPPM and Unifier portfolios
Gateway and Integration is a product for integrating Primavera with other Oracle and third-party programs
Oracle Primavera Video
Oracle Primavera Competitors
Oracle Primavera Technical Details