https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/My/MB/W9MT6MQL1T3R.PNGGreat product, but be ready to put in the work.Our marketing and product departments used Evergage and I managed it from the Marketing side. On the product side, it allowed them to track user engagement and serve up targeted messaging to users. On the marketing side, we used it for personalization of our website. They were just getting their Marketo integration ironed out, so we struggled with that in the beginning. Once you get Evergage rolling, it's awesome. But be prepared, you really need some dedicated resources to manage it- it requires building a lot of content and campaigns to be effective. But like any software, you have to put the work in and fully utilize it to see real results.,Great customer support. Our account manager was very hands on- I even went to their offices for a training day. Many choices for customization- pop-ups, inline, on-exit,etc. Reporting,Marketo integration was very clunky when we first launched Evergage. UI isn't the most intuitive The campaign builder was finicky and a little difficult to use.,7,Increased lead conversions from exit pop-ups Increased engagement from retargeting email recipients upon website visit,HubSpot, Adobe Illustrator CC, Sprout SocialEnhanced User Experience Through PersonalizationWe use Evergage on our corporate website. Management of the platform is centralized on my team, but multiple members of the marketing team generate personalization ideas for us to execute on the site. With Evergage, the key business problems that we address are marketing directly to the key industries that we target as well as the key geographic regions that we target.,Geographic targeting - we use Evergage to promote regional events to only those users who close enough geographically to attend the event in question. Industry targeting - we place users into industry segments and present those users with demand generation assets targeted to their specific industry. Account based marketing - Evergage allows us to change elements of our website to specifically target users who are from companies on our targeted account list.,The platform is pretty complex. For less technical users, there is a somewhat steep learning curve. There are good tools available for testing, but I still struggle with using them.,10,We have seen a solid boost in conversion percentage across our site. Significant increase in registrations for regional specific events.,Marketo Real-Time Personalization,InkyBee, Marketo, Ahrefs Site ExplorerBest Personalization Tool Out ThereEvergage is primarily used by the marketing department. We use it for onsite messaging, and A/B site testing. It helps us increase conversion rate and with lead generation.,Evergage has a great user interface that is easy to use for those of us who do not have a coding background. Evergage has the best support of any tool I have ever used in my 10 years as a marketer. Evergage continually updates their product based on the feedback of its current users.,Evergage could have better data exports. Evergage Audience analytics could be in a better format and showcase similarities in a more visual format.,10,We increased CTR in our funnel. We increased email capture on our site through exit mitigation. We helped push visitors to call our call center when they visit us on mobile.,Optimizely,Google Analytics Premium, Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email StudioFlexible, powerful, ESSENTIAL!We use Evergage across nearly all of our websites, including those we build and control for major financial institutions' cardholder loyalty rewards programs. Evergage empowers our Marketing Department. In lieu of a ridiculously complicated CMS system, Evergage puts control that should be in the hands of the Marketing Department actually into the hands of the Marketing Department -- control over the ability to deliver a personalized UX, A/B/n testing, user segmentation, and more. We just could not do a great many things without it, in some cases because a particular use case might simply be technically impossible for our web developers to implement within the existing code base without having to rewrite chunks of code and make significant back-end database changes, etc., -- all very time consuming and always an important resource-related ROI consideration.,Evergage plays nicely with most code frameworks and has been very stable. The only situation in which we could not (yet) find a way to use Evergage is in conjunction with Handlebars.js templates. Enterprise-level data security considerations are well-handled by Evergage. Trust me... as a top-level PCI compliant company that builds travel loyalty solutions for major US banks, we have no greater concern than data security. "No flicker" synchronous integration is a VERY important feature Evergage offers -- I'm unsure if any other competitors offer the same as I think Evergage has a patent on this. So when the webpage loads, users don't see the original page contents flash before being replaced with personalized/alternate contents. The powerful user interface is easy-to-use and comes in two flavors: a more traditional CMS-style "admin" view and an on-page WYSIWYG view. Test use cases in the browser prior to going live. It's easy to build and measure A/B/n tests, either as rule-based tests, or as % split testing. I love the ability to create user segments based on "sentence-style" logic structures that incorporates actions, KPIs, even third-party data. Evergage is built to accommodate everyone from non-technical users to coders. Use the WYSIWYG editor to bring things to life, build complex front-end use cases with Javascript/JQuery, or use the API for control from the server side.,Documentation could be more robust... I would love to see more detailed how-tos that get more technical than the basic use cases. More out-of-the-box third-party integrations would be nice. I would love to see analytics integration with my favorite Heap Analytics.,10,We have measured double-digit+ lifts in online and offline transactions tied to Evergage campaigns. In one case, we launched a special offer campaign to residents of a particular region and saw a 19% lift in bookings that resulted from that campaign. In another case, we served destination-specific vacation offers to users based on flight destinations they had recently searched and saw a 17% increase in sales. Considering ROI in terms of human resources, Evergage has saved us an unbelievable amount of man-hours as we have saved our Web Developers from time-consuming changes to their code in order to achieve our marketing / UX / testing objectives.,Monetate,Heap, Adobe Photoshop, Salesforce.com, SalesExec, SEMRush, JIRA Software,7,,Delivery of relevant messaging and offers to segments of website users Understanding the user experience and testing the efficacy of alternate experiences Bridging the transaction attribution gap that once existed with "offline" (print, direct mail) marketing Providing a means of quickly implementing some front-end website changes that might ordinarily take our web developers considerable time and resources to otherwise accommodate,We have used Evergage to completely rebuild entire pages of a website with content relevant to the particular user -- content provided via an API link to our internal CMS We have seen success in serving special offers to geo-targeted website users,Better integration with the CRM to provide CSRs with insights into the caller's recent behavior on the website.,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I would have liked to have a free trial of the product, but not many of the competitors offer this anyway.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a minor issue with the implementation,Coordination between Web Development and Marketing.,10,Self-taught,No,10,No,I like to think of myself as a pretty technically proficient user. But there have been a couple instances when I just couldn't figure out how to accomplish something. Evergage support to the rescue! They didn't just talk me through the solution, but they actually built an example of the solution under my installation so I could adapt that to my particular needs. They're generous with their knowledge of the product. That's going above and beyond.,Defining user segments in a "sentence-like" structure and based on actions performed, KPI metrics, or third-party data. Creating "campaigns" to swap content or otherwise deliver targeted messaging for specific user segments, or on particular pages of the website, etc. Installing Evergage was simple.,Not exactly difficult or cumbersome, but complex and requiring carefully consideration is the ability to define how user engagement is scored. Working with "regex" (regular expressions) for defining pageview actions can be difficult for non-technical users. Evergage is a complex product that can accommodate both simple and very sophisticated use cases... naturally there is a learning curve if you wish to do more sophisticated things with the product.,Yes, but I don't use it,9,10,10,10Fantastic Advanced and Dynamic Website PersonalizationWe use Evergage within the marketing department to create dynamic and personalized web experiences for our website visitors. Our goals vary for each campaign, but we aim to increase engagement across our site using targeted messages that are displayed in a variety of places. We're using the Evergage tool for in-line messages that appear within the page content itself, infobars on both the top and bottom of the site, as well as some non-intrusive pop-up style messages. Each campaign can use different message types and messaging so we often use A/B testing within the campaign setup to track performance and engagement. We design each campaign with the user in mind, to provide helpful relevant content, that also promotes additional engagement whether through an online trial, software download, or other content such as white papers, videos and blogs.,The user interface is easy to navigate and understand, as well as their campaign setup tools. Their ability to scrape your website to pull relevant items to be used in dynamic campaigns is incredibly helpful and saves a lot of time. Their support team is fantastic. They always provide fast and easy to understand solutions to our problems or questions.,Some of the reporting functionality could use some work, but they are making vast improvements. The catalog user interface for available promotable items could benefit from the ability to customize the viewable columns and add filtering. The amount of time that Evergage considers a user's session to be active could be increased. I find myself having to log back into the tool multiple times throughout the day, as I will leave the tool to check emails and during that time, I get logged out.,10,We've seen a significant increase in the number of online trial registrations, software downloads, and contact requests since we started using Evergage. Our technical support team has also seen a decrease in the number of repeat questions from our clients because we are providing more relevant training and documentation solutions when the client is searching our site, so they don't need to submit a support ticket as often.,Marketo Real-Time Personalization,Marketo, Trello, Google Drive, Pipedrive, Expensify, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, Slack, Zoom,Yes,10,No,Every time we request support, it's exceptional! There hasn't been a time where our questions went unanswered. Even with the most complex scenarios we ask about, their support team provides a solution.
Evergage

Evergage Reviews

Evergage
Top Rated Award
Filter 55 vetted Evergage reviews and ratings
December 18, 2017

Evergage Review: "Great product, but be ready to put in the work."

• Great customer support. Our account manager was very hands on- I even went to their offices for a training day.
  • Many choices for customization- pop-ups, inline, on-exit,etc.
  • Reporting
  • Marketo integration was very clunky when we first launched Evergage.
  • UI isn't the most intuitive
  • The campaign builder was finicky and a little difficult to use.
Evergage is great for any organization that has the resources and commitment to building out personalization campaigns. Once the content is all rolling to website visitors, it's very effective for fueling leads and engaging customers (especially in-app, if you have a software product). But it's not just sign up and go. Be prepared to do the work.
Read Sarah Fisher's full review
December 05, 2017

Evergage Review: "Enhanced User Experience Through Personalization"

• Geographic targeting - we use Evergage to promote regional events to only those users who close enough geographically to attend the event in question.
  • Industry targeting - we place users into industry segments and present those users with demand generation assets targeted to their specific industry.
  • Account based marketing - Evergage allows us to change elements of our website to specifically target users who are from companies on our targeted account list.
  • The platform is pretty complex. For less technical users, there is a somewhat steep learning curve.
  • There are good tools available for testing, but I still struggle with using them.
As stated before, the platform works very well for regional and industry based targeting. Evergage allows you to bubble up CTAs targeted at the specific user, or you can even just modify content on a webpage to better speak to that user. For instance, the content on our pricing page changes slightly for those users who are in the EU, as opposed to US.
Read Ben Alvord's full review
December 14, 2017

Evergage Review: "Best Personalization Tool Out There"

• Evergage has a great user interface that is easy to use for those of us who do not have a coding background.
  • Evergage has the best support of any tool I have ever used in my 10 years as a marketer.
  • Evergage continually updates their product based on the feedback of its current users.
  • Evergage could have better data exports.
  • Evergage Audience analytics could be in a better format and showcase similarities in a more visual format.
Evergage is a great on-site testing and recommendation tool. Not only does it help with A/B testing on the site, it also helps easily personalize a site for your audiences. I think it works well with smaller marketing teams as their support is like having a personal Evergage analyst to help keep you on track and complete projects that may be above your Evergage knowledge.
September 06, 2016

Evergage Review: "Flexible, powerful, ESSENTIAL!"

• Evergage plays nicely with most code frameworks and has been very stable. The only situation in which we could not (yet) find a way to use Evergage is in conjunction with Handlebars.js templates.
  • Enterprise-level data security considerations are well-handled by Evergage. Trust me... as a top-level PCI compliant company that builds travel loyalty solutions for major US banks, we have no greater concern than data security.
  • "No flicker" synchronous integration is a VERY important feature Evergage offers -- I'm unsure if any other competitors offer the same as I think Evergage has a patent on this. So when the webpage loads, users don't see the original page contents flash before being replaced with personalized/alternate contents.
  • The powerful user interface is easy-to-use and comes in two flavors: a more traditional CMS-style "admin" view and an on-page WYSIWYG view.
  • Test use cases in the browser prior to going live.
  • It's easy to build and measure A/B/n tests, either as rule-based tests, or as % split testing.
  • I love the ability to create user segments based on "sentence-style" logic structures that incorporates actions, KPIs, even third-party data.
  • Evergage is built to accommodate everyone from non-technical users to coders. Use the WYSIWYG editor to bring things to life, build complex front-end use cases with Javascript/JQuery, or use the API for control from the server side.
  • Documentation could be more robust... I would love to see more detailed how-tos that get more technical than the basic use cases.
  • More out-of-the-box third-party integrations would be nice. I would love to see analytics integration with my favorite Heap Analytics.
We have not yet come across a use case Evergage is not well suited to handle. In fact, its flexibility is such an asset, it may be used in ways that go beyond what it was originally built to accommodate. While we have used Evergage to deliver pop-ups and modals, info bars, callouts, and in-line content swaps on the page, we have also used it to completely rebuild entire website pages with fully responsive CSS and server-side integration via API calls. We have also used it to bridge the attribution gap between website usage and offline (call center) transactions -- something we never could adequately solve prior to using Evergage.
Read Chris Martin's full review
March 11, 2016

Evergage Review: "Fantastic Advanced and Dynamic Website Personalization"

• The user interface is easy to navigate and understand, as well as their campaign setup tools.
  • Their ability to scrape your website to pull relevant items to be used in dynamic campaigns is incredibly helpful and saves a lot of time.
  • Their support team is fantastic. They always provide fast and easy to understand solutions to our problems or questions.
  • Some of the reporting functionality could use some work, but they are making vast improvements.
  • The catalog user interface for available promotable items could benefit from the ability to customize the viewable columns and add filtering.
  • The amount of time that Evergage considers a user's session to be active could be increased. I find myself having to log back into the tool multiple times throughout the day, as I will leave the tool to check emails and during that time, I get logged out.
Evergage is a great tool for any organization looking to personalize their website visitor experience without replacing their existing web CMS. The tool works along side your existing web content to help promote relevant offers to the right people. Organizations with a lot of content (blogs, white papers, videos, etc.) will probably benefit most from the dynamic campaigns available in Evergage, as it allows you to create campaigns that promote your existing content with a variety of advanced functionality.
Read Melinda Cormier's full review
March 08, 2016

Review: "Evergage is a powerful data tool with messaging capabilities."

Evergage has had a variety of usage. The core of it for me is data - even if we don't actively log in, I know Evergage is going to log the data so I can get it. I'm actually hiring a data analyst (will be on my team but will do analysis across entire company). One of the things I'm going to have them do is get a data dump from Evergage and perform a cluster analysis on the behavior in order to determine our personas.
In regards to messaging, we've dipped our toe but haven't gone completely in the pool yet. We are a product and design first company, so as you can imagine there have been some internal struggles on where in-app messaging should come from. That said I'm excited to say we've finally figured it all out and product is proactively working on ways to create locations in the product for Evergage to drive dynamic content.
  • Cohort reports - I used this to find out our demo plan on our website is in fact a freemium plan! Apparently many people who sign up for our free plan and don't activate still find it valuable enough to use on a regular basis. Very cool!
  • Segmenting - I love the power of Evergage's segment tool. For example, once I learned our demo plan has a core user base using it as a freemium tool, I wanted to know more! Who are they? What do they do? With Evergage I was able to answer both of those questions.
  • Messaging - As I mentioned earlier in this review we're just now really moving forward with our messaging, and the first one is related to the above two bullets! As I was able to identify a "freemium" user base and then learn how they use our product, we're now going to engage them and offer them training via small group demos, and we'll use Evergage to deliver this message at the exact right time - so we can encourage freemium users to do more but not get in front of people who are still demoing the product! So, because of Evergage we identified a segment of users and are going to greatly improve their experience with our product and company.
  • UI - Evergage is very powerful but it can take time to learn. It's definitely worth the effort, but it is something they need to improve.
  • Annotation - I've had a ton of people ask me "What does this event label mean in the product?" so I'm setting up a google doc to share with the company. I would prefer to make it easy for everyone to learn that all right in the app - maybe a description and possibly screen shot if it's a jquery selector.
  • Importing - I do all sorts of analysis on our customers outside of evergage. I wish it was easier to upload a CSV and users or accounts w/ membership on the list or insert new data fields, etc.
  • Account Type - please enable storing account type against both users and accounts, would make segmenting so much stronger. Also need to allow grouping of account types - we have many different plans as we're 10 years old and have legacy accounts still active, so trying to segment on account type is very difficult. We're going pass a separate account type field to both the user and account level to get around this, but it's more engineering time and the less of that the better!
If you want to understand how people use your site or product, then analyze that behavior to determine a real-time engagement strategy, and then engage, Evergage is for you.
Read Brian Rogers's full review
March 08, 2016

Review: "Evergage Extends Website Functionality without More Dev Overhead"

Evergage is a unique product that is being used mainly in marketing automation and web personalization, but also short-term content management and online content testing. In the marketing department, it is used primarily as a channel to distribute marketing campaign content to our website, such as banners, infobars and popups. But, Evergage's software can segment users in real-time based on a variety of factors, so we also use it to target specific offers to segments of our users. In addition, the Evergage WYSIWYG setup allows non-technical marketers to build content for our websites and test content versions against each other. Often, a content test will lead to an element our web developers can prioritize adding to our websites based on how effective Evergage showed the content to be. For instance, after extensively testing infobars through Evergage, we determined they are an effective marketing medium and so we had them built into our website architecture for more extensive use. Finally, Evergage's add on products such as Promote allow us to easily provide web content in real time that would be very difficult to build into our site, such as "trending now" or "recommended favorites" bars on our site.
  • Data gathering and provision. At the last Evergage conference in Boston, presenters made a point of saying that Evergage doesn't want to gather the information but restrict its use to within the Evergage platform; rather, they want it to provide that data for other SaaS platforms to consume and use. This is a powerful distinction, because not only is Evergage a product providing its own capabilities, but it can also help power the capabilities of platforms like email service providers, remarketing programs and analytics programs.
  • Extension of web capabilities outside of a release structure. So, if you want short-term content added to a site that would take weeks for developers to release, Evergage can fill the gap by allowing marketers to build and deploy web campaigns as needed.
  • WYSIWYG and on-page editing browser extension. This can make the complicated process of building a campaign easier for those less-code-friendly marketers. It's not perfect, and knowing even rudimentary HTML/CSS/javascript code would definitely enhance what you can do with Evergage, it is still highly usable without this knowledge and can allow marketers to do technical campaigns without a ton of technical background.
  • Proofing and quality control. Possibly because of all of the capabilities of Evergage, it is easy to accidentally deploy things that break in a website. Marketers are usually very quality-conscious, but those without a development background may not know all the things that can go wrong on a website when they accidentally redefined a CSS class, for instance. Testing a campaign is complicated and requires a split between testing creative and testing the rules that drive the appearance on the website, because if you add the rules and creative together proofers often can't see the content because they violate the rules.
  • Some parts of the product are still being rolled out and bugtested. Fortunately, Evergage's technical support is highly responsive and, when a bug is identified they fix it or provide a workaround quickly. But, as the product is growing we come across bugs occasionally that need someone to troubleshoot and resolve.
  • WYSIWYG limitations. While the WYSIWYG is great, it can also be a crutch that leads to problems. Often, when a non-code-technical person builds a campaign with the WYSIWYG, it produces complicated, repetitive and wasteful code. Then, when a coder needs to expand the campaign, they end up wading through this code trying to make sense of it and clean it up. Sometimes, starting off with code would be easier, but Evergage's automatic indenting and code "helper" software can get in the way as well, inserting spaces where they don't belong or throwing unnecessary errors.
Young/small companies can especially leverage Evergage to expand their web capabilities without a ton of in-house resources. Evergage can also help a developing site seem more "fresh" and cutting edge by giving it capabilities that are currently only available on the big-brand company sites because they have the resources to develop them. For instance, Evergage products can mimic the recommendation engines of large retail sites, or it can provide cool animations or surveys, or it can make elements of the page appear and disappear depending on a person's behavior. With this, even an extremely small startup or non-web savvy company can look as cutting edge as their largest competitors.
Read David Fallon's full review
March 04, 2016

Evergage Review: "A must have app for SaaS"

Evergage is used by our sales, marketing and on-boarding teams. For sales, it helps us track trial engagement. We're able to score how deep our trial customers are going with TeamSupport. For marketing, we are able to see how well our features are being utilized. For on-boarding, our team can determine how effective the training is, and find opportunities for improvement.

We also utilize the API to pull stats into our TeamSupport account, and monitor engagement scores.
  • Email notifications based on rules are an excellent way to stay proactive about your customer base. Churn is an important metric to manage, and we're able to get email alerts when we see activity trend below a certain level.
  • Feature adoption/feedback provides direction and customer alignment. Knowing what features customer use most, and also which ones they may not allows for some level of self serving decision making, or proactive engagement with all customers, or certain segments.
  • Engagement stats in the early stages of the customer lifecycle streamline new customer on-boarding. It's extremely important that new customers use the software they have purchased, so that the roots can take hold and spread though the organization.
  • I'm actually really pleased with the product. We've been customers before the brand change, and the app/company has come a long way in a short time.
If you run a SaaS business, this is a critical tool. With minimal investment of time and money, you can quickly get very useful insights into how your customers are using your app. Otherwise, you're flying blind and can expect to have rough waters ahead!

The API integration was very easy. We spent less than a week putting the hooks in place, and see production results.
Read Eric Harrington's full review
March 03, 2016

Review: "Evergage - building in days what could take weeks."

We are using Evergage as a way to reduce customer contacts, track errors, solicit feedback and track the effectiveness of our tools. We have a large aging system that requires a lot of developer time to maintain; Evergage allows us to quickly implement changes and test the effectiveness of those changes. We have also recently begun using Evergage as a way to track error messages appearing to our customers. This allows us to gage the impact and scope of a particular error.
  • Build campaigns with little to no developer time.
  • Allows us to easily add self-service to a page or application.
  • Gives us the power to do more than use their campaign builder, it allows us to add our own JavaScript to a page, again without waiting for sprints to end.
  • It can be a bit painful to set up initially. It took us a bit of back and forth with our development teams and Evergage to get it working properly.
  • There are some wonky issues with users, it might just be our setup but it seems like users with "lesser" permissions have trouble logging in.
Evergage is really well suited for environments where development time is hard to come by. We have found it's a great way to test an experience before committing the dev time to building something out. This has also allowed us to track customer actions and flows that Google Analytics has failed to reveal.
Read Jacob Carlisle's full review
March 03, 2016

Evergage Review: "Agile, easy to use, and extremely effective."

We use Evergage for real time marketing, personalization, and testing across four websites. It has helped our entire department grow revenue and conversion rates.

We initially signed up for the A/B and multivariate testing capability, but soon discovered the power of the tool. Recommendations and real time marketing have become a huge part of our marketing strategy.
  • Evergage is agile and easy to use, even with little coding experience.
  • The segmenting tool allows for pinpoint campaign targeting.
  • Recommendations provide an easy way to increase revenue.
  • Implement more integrations with other providers.
  • Add additional info to the reports to make them more robust.
  • Get small bugs in the UI fixed.
Evergage is well suited for anything you need accomplished quickly and effectively. If you diagnose an issue or opportunity on your site, you can often kick a campaign off within a half hour. It has helped us avoid customer issues many times.

It isn't great for testing huge site changes like redesigning your product pages.
Read Josh Soupir's full review
March 14, 2016

Review: "Evergage from a not-yet-professional-level users."

Litmus uses Evergage to pull in data about how our customers are using our application.
We use this data to get predictive information about churn (or churn possibility) and to see how tweaks we've made to our application are being received by our customers.
It's used primarily within the customer success team, though we report to the rest of the company with data provided by Evergage.
The business problem addressed is "what do our users do inside our application?"
  • Individual-level data. We can see exactly what the individual user has done what inside our application.
  • In-app messaging, based on very selective criteria. We can pop up notifications about billing and account expiration.
  • I've had problems logging into my account before. I'm asked to updated my chrome extensions, but... they're up to date, and I get the same error no matter what browser I use. This is (presumably) quite easy to fix, and is not a problem with Evergage itself, just some problems logging in.
  • Evergage is a lot to use, but hard to become proficient and knowledgeable in. I feel like I am only scratching the surface of its potential.
SaaS companies seem like a strong market. I'm not an expert enough (yet) in evergage to extrapolate into other businesses its use, though on the surface it seems like many companies would benefit from this kind of insight into their users.
Read Josh Thompson's full review
March 09, 2016

User Review: "Utilizing Evergage for Pop-Up Messages"

We mainly use the pop up feature. We have several messages for different users driving them to sign up for our newsletter, view an article, take part in a live event, or to deliver a client goal.
  • Gives non- tech users the ability to create messages and pop ups that would otherwise need to know how to write code.
  • Captures segments of users than can be used for messages and for tracking.
  • Customer experience manager always prompt in getting back to us.
  • Weekly training service offered.
  • Were offered extra support and the ability to get pro service (although we have not gotten access to this yet) due to several emerge issues described on next page.
  • Rotation and priority feature does not work together. First we had the rotation feature and were told excellent news that we ALSO have ability to prioritize. However, this was not true. The rotation feature actually turned off when priority became available. Nobody told this to us and our users were getting multiple messages one after an other. I sent in several tickets to support and they kept on sending responses like " I am sorry I can not seem to replicate the issue." It took months and getting our customer experience manager involved to have Evergage tell us the reason was because we can not use both features together. All of our staff got multiple messages so I am not sure why support could not find the issue during testing. Now Evergage turned rotation back on for us but we are not able to use the priority feature. It seems odd that we can not use both.
  • Actions did not work due to old mapping. I created several actions and realized the messages were not being shown on the current pages. I had to shut down all of my campaigns and I was then told it was due to having old mapping. I think the mapping should be looked out closely for clients and should be remapped frequently to avoid the issues I had.
  • I would like to see a master campaign rule feature. I have so many campaigns and I can not prioritize easily and put into the system mechanisms that will effect all my campaigns. I guess priority was going to try and solve that but we can not use it.
  • The front end user interface is is sometimes buggy. The move to back and move to front button does not work for me or my associate. We end up creating messages in Photoshop and placing them as images but I imagine this is not ideal to members who don't use Photoshop.
  • The support used to be very very fast and efficient last year. In the past year several months I have seen messages not get answers or issues not getting enough attention. It seems due to the growth of Evergage that the support area needs more engineers.
For us it's really about the pop up messages. The inline and call outs are great features but we haven't taken advantage of all it has to offer yet.
Read Nicole Stratford's full review
March 08, 2016

Evergage Review: "Great product for business of all sizes"

We use Evergage to personalize our website. We personalize it by industry, geography, and behavior. Evergage helps us optimize and improve website conversion rate by providing the right offer to the visitor tailored to his industry or behavior signals.
  • Evergage has great reporting
  • Evergage integrates with a lot of our other marketing analytics tools
  • Evergage is relatively easy to use, and doesn't require technical know-how
  • Evergage can improve its ability to segment different audiences and combine segments to create cross-segment audience
  • With Evergage, you're limited to using Chrome. If for any reason, Chrome isn't working, then Evergage won't be of much use if you need the visual editor.
Evergage is a great b2c tool, but with a bit of creativity and experimentation, it can also serve well for a b2b company.
Read Ajmal Kohgadai's full review
March 03, 2016

Evergage Review: "Powerful Personalized Marketing Tool"

We use Evergage to add personalization to our static website. We are also using it to perform A/B and Multivariate testing. It was easy to implement and gives us great insight into our customers.
  • Recommendations based on purchases and website visits.
  • Great insights on our customers.
  • Solid A/B testing tool.
  • It takes some creativity to craft more difficult tests.
  • Reporting is always improving, but still has lots of room for improved usability.
  • Backend management of tests and site changes can be cumbersome.
Evergage is great if you are just starting a testing organization. It is simple to implement and quickly powerful. It has a great suite of tools. Evergage may not be right if you don't have staff to support it.
Read Raymond Walker's full review
September 24, 2015

Evergage Review: "We're doing great things with this product"

Evergage fills a space in the analytics market like no other product I've tried.

As an analytics expert, I've tried many different products and I really push products to their breaking point because I know JavaScript and Apache Server features and configurations that many analytics systems simply replicate.

While many people will not have the demanding requirements that I have for Evergage, I really have put it through the paces and pushed the support team to get me top-notch data exports for our predictive analytics projects. And you know what? They have delivered.

After two years of using the product at two companies (I requested it at my latest job and got it), they just keep adding critical features like: UTM tracking, custom variables, custom event support, API enhancements, improved online support and the ability to export both events-based and user-based tracking (without the annoying TOS Google Analytics is now requiring for tracking by userID).

They've even recently added the ability to "bucket" into segments by event occurrence. This is huge for our A/B testing and multivariate analysis of the numerous "personas" and "affinities" that we know about our users/visitors by ID.

Oh and did I mention that they generate unique user IDs for all anonymous visitors and they will overwrite that system ID and use the user ID you indicate when you know the visitor's user ID and configure Evergage to use it? For customer analysis and sales optimization, this is irreplaceable.

Basically, I'm now an Evergage fanboy (or "net promoter") but I actually have no affiliation with the company.

• Accurate data measurements
  • Tremendous marketing segmentation capabilities
  • Amazing API
  • Strong cross-platform integration with numerous major (and minor) products
  • Powerful user insights
  • Easy data exporting
  • UI is poor
  • Data visualization needs a complete overhaul
  • Need to add landing page and visitor city data to their CSV data exports
We're pushing Evergage to it's limit to tag and segment visitors by numerous person (and factor analysis) requirements and it's performing beautifully. It's a newer analytics product so I have been impressed by their ability to really add the features I want as an analytics professional without getting sidetracked by unimportant features. Not sure if they are getting customer's feature requests, but if not, their intuition for the "next thing to add" is amazing.
Read Israel Kloss's full review
March 11, 2016

Evergage Review: "One of the best real-time personalization tools out there"

As a resort that offers so many products and has hundreds of pages of content, we use Evergage's personalization capabilities to serve relevant content to customers to enhance the user experience.
  • Real-time personalization
  • A/B Testing
  • A responsive and helpful support team
  • Addressing responsive needs without enlisting the help of Evergage support team
Evergage allows us to target our 4 key personas that require a different voice and content in order to drive KPIs. Evergage also allowed us to identify new personas and quickly set up these segments to serve relevant content.
Read Jackie Megnin's full review
September 24, 2015

"Evergage Review from a Product Marketer"

We use Evergage to serve our customers targeted messages about new product features and enhancements within our software. It helps us promote general awareness and increase adoption of many of our features.
  • Targeting! Evergage has so many ways to segment and target our customers.
  • I like that Evergage allows us to monitor how our customers are interacting with our software (what features they use most/least). It helps us make sure our targeting is smart!
  • I aso like the Evergage selector tool. It makes it easy to make sure we're tracking the right things correctly.
  • When I'm editing a campaign, it can be really slow to load which is frustrating.
  • I wish there was more training. It's hard to stay on top of all that Evergage can do.
  • This is partially our own fault- but our mapping in Evergage is very complicated and sometimes I feel like the targeting isn't totally accurate because of it.
I think Evergage is really awesome at serving up targeted messages. It's also great at collecting data and making sure that the targeting is really perfected, but sometimes I feel like the data collected by Evergage isn't the most reliable and it'd be better to leverage our actual database to understand customer interaction with our app.
Read Elise Beck's full review
September 24, 2015

Review: "Evergage helps our company successfully engage and retain our clients"

Our product marketing team is the main engine behind the use of Evergage, but our customer success department (which falls under sales) is also using the platform to engage with long term and large clients.
  • Provides helpful analytics for tracking user activities
  • Provides customizable in-app messaging for gaining customers attention
  • Useful A/B testing tools for implementing new UX/UI changes
  • A bit more hand-holding on setup for campaigns
Consider how much hands on customization a client will be doing, and the amount of time the key point of contact will have to work on Evergage.
Read Chad Mirmelli's full review
September 22, 2014

Review: "Evergage Awesomeness with Little IT Involvement!"

Evergage is currently being used by our customer service department and will be expanding to our marketing department. Evergage is deployed on an internal SAAS subscription application and we have plans to extend it elsewhere. We're primarily using this solution to gain insight and transparency into our user engagement for accounts and the users within the accounts. We're able to get detailed information about how our customers are using our application which can be used to tailor customer onboarding experiences, find unspoken issues clients may be having and identify those customers that are fully engaged. We're able to integrate this information into Salesforce so our sales front-line and our customer service (which also use Salesforce) has relevant information at their fingertips. Besides a tracking and reporting kind of transparency, Evergage has an amazing ability to highly target and segment users and provide in-app messaging at the right moment. It's these kinds of messaging opportunities that promote better overall engagement.
  • Little to no IT resources needed. We choose Evergage because of their strength in how their product works. IT has very little daily support of this product which makes it an ideal solution to put in the hands of non-IT people to grow and manage it's use.
  • Excellent support. Getting setup with Evergage and fully utilizing it takes time but they have outstanding support. Good dedicated people and an ever-growing knowledgebase that is extremely helpful and well illustrated. I can't ask for more from an IT perspective because my non-IT users have at least 3 avenues of support from Evergage before involving me.
  • Simplicity of design. Evergage is always improving their user experience and greatly simplifying what users have to do in order to do highly powerful and complex things. The segmenting tools are dead simple and creating a messaging campaign (in browser, and directly on your site) is really easy.
  • Integration and API are big strengths as well. It already integrates with SalesForce, NetSuite and a few others right out of the box to make that easy to get or integrate information across platforms. What struck me as amazing is that Evergage has a great REST api so you can push a lot of custom data to them and really use them as a complete engagement platform.
  • One of Evergage's best features is it's ability for non-technical people, through a Chrome-Browser plug-in, to create a user-interface message within (or popup) on a website. The type of message is super flexible, it can be intrusive, or subtle, you decide. I love this feature but it could still use a bit more work in trying to make it easier for non-technical people to use it. The learning curve on this feature is tough but really rewarding if someone on your team is comfortable doing it. I feel like it needs a "Basic" and "Advanced" mode.
  • I'd like to see more customization available on the Evergage homepage dashboard. It's a bit locked down but it would be nice to setup and see other measurements there.
  • One thing I'd like to see is the ability to create some custom reporting at the account and user level so I could export to PDF / Excel for use in meetings or empower our customer service people through client conversations.
I think Evergage is extremely well suited for certain scenarios. One outstanding scenario would be a subscription product with a user-base, and you're unsure of your user adoption or, how your users are interacting with your product, it's features, where and what they click on. Another great scenario would be If you want to also trigger messages based on what targeted users do on your site. They have a very powerful segmenting tool and in-app messaging tool to deliver rich media messages (plain text to video or both) to highly targeted users. Evergage is also very well suited for a public facing website where you are trying to build lead generation and you want to measure the success of your funneling because you'll be able to see how far along users are getting and can even target returning users. Evergage has built themselves a wonderful tool for marketing users trying to push anonymous users into qualified leads through a public site, and for user adoption and growth on a private logged-in site.
Read Rob Sherman's full review
March 08, 2016

Evergage Review: "Decent for in-app messaging but can be slow to load"

We currently use Evergage for our in-app messaging within our software platform, messaging is for hints and tips within each section, as well as for important announcements and reminders. We also used it previously for personalized messaging on our marketing website however our new platform does not support it so we had to drop that side of EG.
  • Segments - we can get really granular in breaking out our users into segments, this is really important to differentiate between a free trial user vs paying customers.
  • Tight integration - we have a lot of fields, including custom, in our app and Evergage allows us to report on and track usage of each.
  • Triggers - We can be very specific about how, when and where messages appear, for example when a user takes an action, or hasn't been active in a certain time frame, etc.
  • something within the system doesn't work well with our own system CSS and that makes creating/editing messages very frustrating in terms of design
  • the system has had a lot of upgrades over the past couple years but it is still very slow and sometimes to the point that it causes mistakes
It seems that Evergage is moving more towards the marketing applications such as personalization and tracking, and away from the in-app messaging. This is unfortunate for us because it doesn't work with our web platform.

"Evergage Review"

We use Evergage for a few different important things, we run our NPS system for our SaaS platform, we use it to gather user analytics and behavior, we use it to test out different layouts to the platform, and also as a tracking tool on our web page
  • Great analytics engine, where you are able to set up test out different user behavior among many other things
  • Great engine for A/B testing of layout and features
  • For last-minute changes to the platform, you can easily apply overlaying boxes and text without having to deploy code
  • It requires some time and on boarding to set up the integration with your product and Evergage
  • For applying elements to you platform, such as pop-up and text overlay, you should know a bit of CSS to make it look pretty
  • The templates that Evergage provides are not the best looking in terms of UI
Works very well for SaaS platforms
March 11, 2016

Evergage Review: "Good personalization tool"

We use evergage to personalize customer experience and show them contextual ads or products they can use. We also use it to build customer profiles and make recommendations to them so they have better experience with our products.
  • Building Customer profile e.g. also customer about there business needs
  • Contextual Ads
  • Banners & interstitials
  • It is not very easy to use for a marketer. You need a dedicated technical guy to use it
  • UI/UX can be improved
  • Support response can be improved
If you have a technical dedicated user then I would recommend it. It's a personalization tool, but the user cannot be just any marketer.
March 11, 2016

Evergage Review: "Good optimization and a flexible platform, with good support."

Evergage lets us try out different messaging to see which ones are most effective with our audience and visitors. We can run various combinations of campaigns, with different options and target them to audiences with different attributes. All of this helps us find the optimal messaging and so increases our conversions.
  • The platform is very flexible in terms of types of campaigns, types of targeting etc
  • The company offers good support.
  • There is certainly a learning curve in getting up to speed in using the platform, that's partly because it is fairly flexible, but also because the UI has not been super intuitive. It has certainly improved and they have added lots of use cases and improved the help area, plus support and account managers are responsive.
The new B2B Detect product is interesting. We're just starting to use this. It has potential for targeting and also insights into the audience.
March 10, 2016

Review: "Evergage allows fast & light testing and personalization services"

It's being used for feature testing on our website and for personalization. It's being used only for our eCom dept. Evergage allows us to ensure that the customer experience on our websites is as optimized as it can be. Making changes without testing first can put us in a compromised position regarding forward progress on revenue generation.
  • A/B and multi-variate testing. The setup is simple and the results are easy to read.
  • Personalization on PDPs. The simplicity of "set it and forget it" means that we're free to work on other tasks while Evergage's technology is busy working on the correct set of products to serve to our individual visitors.
  • Displaying in-site ads. The ability to serve ads based on certain visitor criteria (customer type, shopping cart value, time on site, etc) gives us detailed control over who we want to serve an add to, and when we want it to trigger.
  • We will sometimes find ads firing when they shouldn't be, but it's usually a result of not testing thoroughly. If Evergage had a testing setup wizard that perhaps walked an individual through some testing steps after creating a test, that would be helpful.
Evergage is well-suited for simple website tests. I would recommend using a more advanced testing service if testing larger scenarios, like rebuilding the checkout process.
March 09, 2016

Evergage Review: "Removes the shackles of the cookie cutter e-commerce platform"

SoccerPro.com uses Evergage to improve our customer's experience with our company. Many of the tasks assigned to Evergage include customer service, product promotion and conversion. Because of the ease that we can modify our site content we use Evergage to overcome some obstacles with with our current e-commerce software provider. Our e-commerce platform is templated and can be restrictive.
  • Simple, easy to implement campaigns.
  • Image management for personalized content.
  • Add custom scripts.
  • Overcome restrictions imposed by template-based e-commerce software packages.
  • Integrate into backend data to improve category grouping for our product.
I've been very pleased with our product recommendations campaign.

About Evergage

Evergage’s cloud-based platform is designed to empower marketers to increase engagement conversions of website visitors and users through real-time personalization based on deep behavioral analytics...without the need for developers.

Evergage Features