Reviews (1-25 of 215)
- Representatives are responsive to customer needs.
- Act-On continuously works on improving their system - using customer feedback to help them know where to focus.
- Technicians are friendly and responsive.
- I would like to see a way to schedule a single email to multiple groups at different dates & times by accessing the email just once, instead of programming a new email every time.
- I would like to see easier features with mapping hyperlinks - where you could use your mouse to draw out areas to link to a url.
- Folder structure for list management and marketing assets/campaigns are easy to use. It was easy to keep things organized.
- Email testing was accurate and straightforward.
- Existing templates to build landing page and emails from were responsive out of the box.
- Building email and landing page templates are difficult, the drag and drop builder is not straightforward, and requires coding knowledge
- The workflow tool is cumbersome and not as intuitive as I'd expect a best in class marketing software's to be
- Domain connections and domain management functionality made it difficult to manage multiple company domains and subdomains for pages
- Act-On's customer service is exceptional, they are quick and thorough when you are needing help. For example, we could not figure out how to automate a birthday date for our birthday campaign and the representative was able to walk through the process with myself and another team member. This is a strength of Act-On because many other companies do not have customer services that will speak with you, they direct you to blogs or informational sessions.
- The landing pages that Act-On has created for use on the web is exceptional. The formatting is very user-friendly and the templates are great to navigate. The landing pages allow you to make the page fit whatever campaign or reason you are in need of. This is a strength of Act-On because the landing pages resolve the issue of having to create actual web pages.
- The spam feature of Act-On's emails is a great add on. This feature allows you to test how the spam alerts are triggered in your email and how you can fix it. This has helped many emails be developed in a way so that they reach many more people than they would have without this feature. many other programs do not have this feature.
- They can greatly improve how you are able to place photos in emails. The current way is very archaic and takes a long time to navigate to find your photo. Once your photo is in the email, you cannot crop or adjust the size. This should be upgraded.
- The A/B testing or dynamic emails needs to be worked on. You can not currently test emails before placing them in a series to go to contacts, the testing route is long and usually ends up in frustration. There needs to be a way to test dynamic emails so that you can ensure success before sending.
That said, we use for all of the above. Mileage varies from client to client, but we certainly use every part of Act-On. We will build our client landing pages in Act-On, we house our email templates in Act-On, we upload marketing content to Act-On -- I'm in it all the time! In fact, I have it open in one of my browser tabs as I am writing this review.
Overall, it is a solid marketing automation platform. Act-On manages lists, segments, email programs, and sync's with SalesForce very well, but in some areas like landing page design and reporting it falls short.
- List Management. Act-On has some powerful segmentation tools that complement the automated programs very well. Act-On lets you really slice and dice your lists however you see fit. Connected to Salesforce, Act-On becomes super-charged.
- Automated Programs. You can then take your targeted segments and create robust automated programs that can be tailored into specific tracks for your targeted audience.
- Webinar Programs. If you use GotoWebinar or WebEx, managing the webinar is a breeze. Act-On will handle the invitations, registrations, reminders and post-event follow-up for you. It works really well.
- No Server Side Scripts. There isn't any way to retrieve data in your lists and add it to a landing page. Basically, you can't use any data stored in an Act-On list and add it to a landing page.
- It's limited. There is simply some data you can't pull from Act-On and into a 3rd Party Reporting app.
Act-On would be overkill for the small B2C client. A small business that uses email to manage newsletters and product announcements will find Act-On to be much, much more than they need. Act-On can certainly do these things but so can MailChimp at a much lower price point. There would be many features in Act-On that this client simply would never use.
If your company uses a custom CRM, Act-On won't be the best fit. I imagine you would need to hire a developer (or commit an in-house developer) to a large project of integrating your CRM with Act-On. Otherwise, you'll be importing and exporting list data on a regular basis.
- Email and Landing Pages, great feature set. Flexible for different skill level users. Easy integration to CRM.
- Robust list and contact management allowing complete communication cycle to take place in one place.
- Solid lead scoring platform and follow up tools.
- Social Media tool needs development.
- Page View tracking - to see where website visitors are going.
- Email campaign stats - to track who is receiving, opening, and clicking through.
- Automated programs - to manage lists, send reports and analyze behavior.
- I wish there was integration with more 3rd party CRMs.
- Pricing is significant.
- Lead scoring.
- Automated email programs.
- Landing pages.
- Form creation.
- Reporting is not as robust/user-friendly as it could be.
- UX has been continually expanded, so there is a mix of old and new features that could use some polishing and regrouping.
Act-On is used by our sales and marketing teams.
We have three marketing users, with our Digital Marketing Manager being the primary user. Act-On helps us stay in touch with people who want to hear from us and efficiently manage those who don't. It helps us keep our Lead database clean by allowing us to remove people from our CRM who do not productively interact with us. It also helps us consolidate a variety of outbound marketing activities in one platform.
- Embedded website forms and automated emails when forms are filled.
- Reporting on results in high-level graphical formats with the option to drill down to individual records.
- To serve as a portal to store prospect data until it is qualified to move to our CRM.
- The social distributions didn't render well, so we don't use Act-On for social media marketing. Instead, we distribute directly from each platform.
- The webinar integration with Webex did not work well, so we do webinars outside of Act-On, using Zoom.
- We have always had deliverability issues with Act-On, with people in our database who want to get our emails and those who do not.
- More robust insights than other MAPs.
- Customer Service always on point.
- A better drip overall.
- Price. Act-On is a FANTASTIC transition from Mailchimp and the like, however, the price is a real jump. I did successfully transition a few freelance clients into users but the price didn't sit well at this early in the game. Maybe consider leveraging a super-entry-tier?
- Has easy to use email automation features.
- Great list management.
- Templated email options.
- Good customer service/support.
- Could be a lot cheaper.
- Allow for more contacts at a better rate.
- More integrations with outside systems.
- Act-On gives us flexibility to create high quality emails because we have the ability to import images and create links to websites or PDFs to increase agent engagement.
- Act-On has a great survey tool that allows me to create survey so that I can quickly gather information from our customer base for our business needs. The data is delivered in spreadsheet format so it can be easily analyzed.
- Act-On gives me the ability to create landing pages, which I can link our agents to more information with by an email. We have the same flexibility to create high-end landing pages.
- Act-On has great engagement reporting of our email sends. I look forward to reviewing the reports with my internal customers to show how the emails have performed from an open and click standpoint.
- I think Act-On could have a better folder system for marketing lists.
- I think Act-On could offer a faster way to clean up lists and images. Right now you have to remove one at a time.
- Act-On could make it easier to pull in personalized data to an email from an extension list. It is a two-step process right now.
- I liked their functionality for creating landing pages and forms. They looked nice, had plenty of options, and were easy to embed in websites.
- Creating email campaigns was easy and effective through Act-On. With A/B testing, automated campaigns, and sleek design, it felt very professional.
- It connected well with Salesforce, provided we had matching contact criteria. It was fast and easy to sync up.
- The automation function within webinars was always efficient and convenient. They synced with GoToWebinar as well as Salesforce to make for a smooth invitation / follow-up / attendee tracking process every time.
- The designer tools, especially for emails, were often difficult to use. The formatting of the text would be all over the place and change / refuse to change at random. Moving boxes around was shifty and sometimes nearly impossible. It just wasn't customizeable enough. No "undo" functionality either.
- The only way to collect information expansively over time (there's a term Act-On uses for it, I can't recall) where it adds questions to the form each time a user fills it out, is if the person were to fill out the same form multiple times. I know this does happen for some websites/resources, but as a company that wanted to collect new information each time someone filled out any form, regardless of the resource or the URL, that was simply not an option, and that doesn't really make a lot of sense. I know it's not really possible to track someone but if they filled out the first part of the form and then it added new questions to answer, and then they submitted and got through the gating, that would actually be helpful.
- There was no "trash can" of sorts in case you deleted something by mistake. This could be so stress-inducing if it was a major project. My coworker did this once, contacted Act-On, they couldn't even recover it.
- Act-On excels with its Salesforce integration. We haven't had any issues and it's always in sync.
- Easy automation. It's really easy to set up workflows and the smart logic just makes sense.
- One of my favorite features is the ability to change links and images after an email has been sent. For example, if you have the wrong link after the email has been sent it's easy to go into Act-On, change the link, and Act-On will automatically create a redirect.
- The database is a mess. Currently, there is no way to search the database for an individuals profile. You have to go into the list you think the individual resides in and do a search. This causes a lot of wasted time if you are using multiple lists.
- RSS feed is lacking. Certain design limitations make the RSS to email feature pointless. It looks like it was designed in the early 2000s.
- My biggest complaint is that the software is buggy. Sometimes the email won't be sent out in time.
- User-friendly interface.
- A reliable and good place to house ample assets.
- Lets salespeople and marketers connect to generate a better lead gen process.
- Social media connections are lacking.
- The form submission process can be hokey.
- Customer service support to fix issues that need to be resolved ASAP are not always available.
- Powerful SEM and email marketing tools are its biggest advantage. Automated program templates are easy to use.
- The consumer analytics feature is really good and the dashboard is super cool and intuitive. Drag and drop blocks are super easy which also allows you to add images and edit texts.
- Open API feature adds a lot of value to Act-on.
- Adaptive scoring is intelligent enough in scoring the leads.
- They can work on the pricing, a bit expensive compared to other tools.
- Small learning curve, which will be fine over a period of time.
- Easy to use. The UX is simple and you can easily navigate the program.
- Marketing automation.
- Customer service/help has been amazing with all of our questions.
- Our server went out several times when we were in the renewal period.
- Lead scoring constantly broke.
- It's not as robust as other competitors.
- Good integration with Webex for webinars. We're able to schedule webinar events, schedule invitation emails + reminder emails, and launch and conduct webinars all through the program. It's very easy to set up, manage, and use.
- Users can set up solid email marketing campaigns with workflows, identify hot/warm leads, and push to Salesforce with the integration.
- Customer support is responsive and easy to work with, and their Act-On Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about the platform.
- The automated email programs could be more intuitive to set up and manage.
- I find their landing page templates lackluster. We've opted not to use them because we couldn't get them to look the way we wanted them to.
- We had some trouble with list cleanliness and getting stuck in spam folders, with our opens decreasing and bounce rates increasing. Even after hiring Act-On to consult and help us clean up our lists, the same problems persisted.
- Very intuitive, easy to use. You don't need a strong coding background to be able to set emails up.
- The ability to set-up long or short forms and add them to a landing page.
- Extremely helpful and timely support staff available 24/7.
- You can't mass delete images.
- Their reporting as a whole is lacking.
- You can't edit the code/font behind the calendar widget.
- Digital marketing campaign integrations, like Google Adwords, email tracking, other tools that track audiences, and website integrations like WordPress or Square Space.
- The customer support, from what I've heard, is very good.
- Integrations with other CRM systems make this really easy to add to a company's workflow.
- It is one of the most expensive tools on the market, the price, compared to other similar tools, is very high.
- It's a little difficult to get accustomed to this software, it looks like it's designed for people that already have experience in the marketing and campaigns space.
- There are some necessary features, like contacts and sales users limitations, that are only available at higher pricing tiers, despite being already expensive for some of the lower tiers.
- Integrated Marketing Platform, which includes social media management helps to automated programs, website tracker, generating reports, analyzing the data, and a lot more. It adds value to the business.
- Very useful to increase client base or run successful marketing campaigns.
- Training materials, documentation, and webinars are very useful to understand the power of the software.
- It takes quite some time to understand how to use it, and without documentation, it becomes very difficult to navigate through the application.
- User support base needs to be more active.
- The system takes time to reflect the changes.
- Manage multiple clients and segment the client accounts
- Activate multi-step automated email campaigns
- Track recipient engagement such as opens, clicks, and website visits
- Set-up requirements and steps are complicated
- Customer service could have been better
Act-On Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Act-On is an adaptive marketing platform that drives personal and purposeful multi-channel marketing. We spark better inbound and outbound marketing, enable a tighter alignment with sales, and turn your data into substance you can act-on.
Our customers range from start-ups and fast-growing young companies to well-established enterprise institutions; from marketing teams in small and medium-sized businesses, to independent teams in large enterprise corporations. They use Act-On in many different ways to realize their marketing objectives. What’s the one common denominator? The success they achieve with Act-On.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
|Professional||$900||per month (starts at 2,500 active contacts)|
|Enterprise||$2,000||per month ( starts at 2,500 active contacts)|
The Professional package starts at 2,500 active contacts, 3 marketing users, 50 sales users and 30,000 API calls per day. The Enterprise package starts at 2,500 active contacts, 6 marketing users, 100 sales users and 30,000 API calls per day. Annual contract required.
Act-On Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||29%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||67%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||4%|
Act-On Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Act-On Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Available Internationally|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Thai, Arabic, Hebrew|