https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/0o/ED/B44SZIS8EMTA.PNGMarketing tool with some sales bolt-onsAct-on is currently used between the Marketing and Sales department as a way to track visitors to the website. Some of the sales team also uses Act-on to track email opens from customers and prospects. Marketing uses Act-on to track the effectiveness of drip campaigns and to host marketing content that the sales team uses in their messaging to prospects.,Tracking known sales prospects and their behavior on the website Tracking anonymous visitors to the website and reporting the location and potential company based on their ISP Hosting marketing content,Not user-friendly for tracking email opens for a specific user, it takes too much time to locate them within Act-on Primarily built for marketing, the sales tools feel like an afterthought Browser add-on needs to be removed and re-added regularly to ensure functionality,5,I don't believe we've seen a measurable impact on sales as a result of using Act-on I don't know what results our marketing department has seen, but they seem to use the product much more than sales.,ToutApp and Yesware,Less than 10,000,B2B,ToutApp, Yesware, Microsoft Dynamics CRMAct-On: Marketing Automation softwareWe recently rolled out Act-On as our new marketing automation platform with our marketing department as the primary users. Our organization uses Act-On for sending out marketing content; to capture and manage lead scores and organize marketing campaigns.,Act-On is very strong in behavior based messaging, drip and nurture campaigns. Easy to use email design through WYSIWYG designer. Act-On handles volume of data quite well,Act-On's system navigation and overall UI could be improved as this is not intuitive at all. Often times, even after having used the system for some time it can be hard to find certain features or abilities of the platform. This turns out to be time intensive and could be better. Act-On is not at all set up to handle multiple teams working in 1 instance of the platform. Initially during the roll out of our platform we didn't know about this and we have 6 different teams working in the same instance which causes a lot of data management issues since the system's search capabilities are limited. Act-On's out-of-the-box connections to CRM system's is not ideal and could better. Our organization is using MS Dynamics 365 and there have been some issues in the set up, maintenance and continuous use of the Act-On connector Because of the way Act-On seems to be designed for a centralized structure rather than decentralized marketing teams, the reporting through their data studio creates a big gap. Act-On reports well per initiative, however aggregating data can only be through a 3rd party BI tool s.a. Tableau, MS Power BI, Qlik, etc.,7,Act-On allows us to track the behavior or our leads. This will give us insight into what drives the individual and allows us to have a detailed follow up conversation. The lead scoring of act-on is a great tool to manage and prioritize our lead records, and only have our sales team engage when the individual demonstrates behavior that indicates they are ready to be contacted.,ClickDimensions and Marketo,100,000 to 250,000,B2C,Skype for BusinessAct-On: Class Act in Customer Service and SupportWe use Act-On for all of most of our marketing needs. This includes email, social media, analytics, webinars, and gated content, among others. It is mostly used by the marketing department, but our partner (customer) success department also uses it. It satisfies our needs for demand and lead gen, as well as helps leads in the buying process and sustains customers longer by directly sharing our content with them.,Customer Support. This team goes above and beyond normal customer support. The support team is very friendly, always answers my questions immediately, and sends follow up emails. Their support team is so great that we've connected them with our customer support team to learn a thing or two! We have a very niche targeted audience that has a lot of weird email addresses (think info@address.com). Act-On's flexible suppress/bounce lists (spam) is truly impactful for our business. With other software, our account would probably have been suspended a few times due to sending to these email addresses. It's truly invaluable for our business. I truly feel that like a business partner of Act-On's. They regularly ask for feedback and we're happy to be beta testers for a lot of new features. Also, it's rewarding to not feel like "a customer" and instead feel like we're in business to grow together.,I don't have a lot of coding experience, both in HTML and/or CSS. Since I am in a content marketing department of one (startups!!), creating branded forms/landing pages/etc. can take a while. The interface isn't as beautiful as some of the other softwares. Not a big problem for us, but I suppose some other companies could be turned off by that.,9,By far email is the biggest driver of demand and lead gen. Since we've implemented Act-On and truly utilized the email marketing features, we've seen our leads multiply 5x and our activation in revenue multiply 3x. We expect, within a year, our inbound tactics will replace our outbound teams. That's no small feat or a phone-driven, sales-heavy SaaS startup.,Pardot,25,000 to 100,000,B2B,GoToWebinar, WordPress, Salesforce Communities, Google Analytics, BitlyAct-On - Understand Your CustomersOur marketing team sends out communications to various parts of our database on a weekly basis. I use Act-On to monitor what is getting action, where users are clicking, and this gives me a reason to reach out to see if these individuals would like to have a deeper discussion. We don't automate this process (although I believe you can) because we want our BDDs to have targeted and specific messages with each follow-up.,Quick view of who clicked What they clicked on How many pages the user visited on our site Also like the Act-On Score - where you assign a value to various activities to track "value of a contact",The pages/reports tend to load slow When viewing a click report online -it would be very helpful to have another column of information that shows company name - rather than having to click on the user -- email right on that page would be helpful as well,9,Speed up the lead to next meeting timing Great insight as to what content is interesting/used versus not,25,000 to 100,000,B2B,YeswareIt's like they know us.We were using an antiquated CRM to do email marketing for several academic programs. We were struggling with list management, segmentation challenges that no users could decipher, no A/B testing capability, and horrible WYSIWYG editors. Act-On solved these problems and we've been delighted. It also addressed our major issue of needing subscription preferences that could be managed by the customer... up to this point they could either universally opt out or opt in, but they couldn't take control of their own subscriptions. Act-On has that capability standard and you can customize it like crazy. It's working for us, very well. UPDATE: After a year of using ActOn, we've discovered some hurdles that are difficult to overcome. ActOn can only build lists off two objects in Salesforce--Leads and Contacts. To send emails/automated programs based on information in any other object, including Campaigns, we have to create a report in Salesforce and then bring in the results to ActOn. It makes things pretty complicated, but we're working through it.,The onboarding process. I had personal attention from my CSM and access to a "bat line" that I could call anytime I needed a quick answer. Act-On University, their comprehensive support site/forum, is so thorough and has clear instructions for every process. I've never had such a pleasant experience learning new software as I did with Act-On. I felt incredibly supported! The software itself is intuitive, simple, and easy to use. Every time I think of a feature I wish it had, I do a quick search in the help (aka Act-On University, which is incredible), and turns out, it DOES do that! I have been delighted over and over again. The automation features are wonderful; it's simple to create an automated program with their drag/drop interface.,The integration with Salesforce is clean, but the process of adding information from SFDC to my lists in Act-On could be clearer. I struggled for the first few weeks understanding what all I needed to do to include new information from my CRM. I loved my CSM, but her schedule was packed so full that I could only get on her calendar once a week. We needed to get up and running really quickly so I ended up having to do a lot of my onboarding myself, which meant I missed some things. We rectified them eventually, but I wish I'd had better access to my CSM in the early days. It would be helpful to more easily push subscription information back to my CRM system. We had to do this with a "hack" and it isn't pretty.,10,We can create an email and launch it to leads/contacts in a fraction of the time, freeing up our marketing and sales teams to focus on other work. It's wonderful! The clear segmentation process will help to ensure we make fewer mistakes, and send to the right folks all the time -- which is good for our reputation as an organization.,Salesforce.com
Act-On Software
Filter 321 vetted Act-On reviews and ratings
April 10, 2018

Act-On Review: "Marketing tool with some sales bolt-ons"

• Tracking known sales prospects and their behavior on the website
  • Tracking anonymous visitors to the website and reporting the location and potential company based on their ISP
  • Hosting marketing content
  • Not user-friendly for tracking email opens for a specific user, it takes too much time to locate them within Act-on
  • Primarily built for marketing, the sales tools feel like an afterthought
  • Browser add-on needs to be removed and re-added regularly to ensure functionality
As mentioned before, this tool seems well suited for a marketing department.
The sales tools are marginal at best, and don't come close to the functionality and user friendly sales features of tools like ToutApp and Yesware.
Read Layne Latham's full review
June 18, 2018

User Review: "Act-On: Marketing Automation software"

• Act-On is very strong in behavior based messaging, drip and nurture campaigns.
  • Easy to use email design through WYSIWYG designer.
  • Act-On handles volume of data quite well
  • Act-On's system navigation and overall UI could be improved as this is not intuitive at all. Often times, even after having used the system for some time it can be hard to find certain features or abilities of the platform. This turns out to be time intensive and could be better.
  • Act-On is not at all set up to handle multiple teams working in 1 instance of the platform. Initially during the roll out of our platform we didn't know about this and we have 6 different teams working in the same instance which causes a lot of data management issues since the system's search capabilities are limited.
  • Act-On's out-of-the-box connections to CRM system's is not ideal and could better. Our organization is using MS Dynamics 365 and there have been some issues in the set up, maintenance and continuous use of the Act-On connector
  • Because of the way Act-On seems to be designed for a centralized structure rather than decentralized marketing teams, the reporting through their data studio creates a big gap. Act-On reports well per initiative, however aggregating data can only be through a 3rd party BI tool s.a. Tableau, MS Power BI, Qlik, etc.
If you have a centralized marketing structure and a robust CRM platform to do all the things Act-On cannot, Act-On is a great tool for all your email and webinar outreach. Although the design capabilities are limited with the WYSIWYG and therefore the emails don't look pretty, the tool is every easy to use and allows you to reach a large audience in any way you want to segment that audience.
August 07, 2017

Review: "Act-On: Class Act in Customer Service and Support"

• Customer Support. This team goes above and beyond normal customer support. The support team is very friendly, always answers my questions immediately, and sends follow up emails. Their support team is so great that we've connected them with our customer support team to learn a thing or two!
  • We have a very niche targeted audience that has a lot of weird email addresses (think info@address.com). Act-On's flexible suppress/bounce lists (spam) is truly impactful for our business. With other software, our account would probably have been suspended a few times due to sending to these email addresses. It's truly invaluable for our business.
  • I truly feel that like a business partner of Act-On's. They regularly ask for feedback and we're happy to be beta testers for a lot of new features. Also, it's rewarding to not feel like "a customer" and instead feel like we're in business to grow together.
  • I don't have a lot of coding experience, both in HTML and/or CSS. Since I am in a content marketing department of one (startups!!), creating branded forms/landing pages/etc. can take a while.
  • The interface isn't as beautiful as some of the other softwares. Not a big problem for us, but I suppose some other companies could be turned off by that.
Act-On is perfect for companies that share similar goals/missions as us at LeagueApps, or as Act-On. If you're looking to join a true partnership with a marketing automation company that actually cares about your growth, look no further.
Read Sam Nedimyer's full review
September 18, 2017

User Review: "Act-On - Understand Your Customers"

• Quick view of who clicked
  • What they clicked on
  • How many pages the user visited on our site
  • Also like the Act-On Score - where you assign a value to various activities to track "value of a contact"
  • The pages/reports tend to load slow
  • When viewing a click report online -it would be very helpful to have another column of information that shows company name - rather than having to click on the user -- email right on that page would be helpful as well
Very good for understanding how your targets are interacting with your content
October 21, 2016

Act-On Review: "It's like they know us."

• The onboarding process. I had personal attention from my CSM and access to a "bat line" that I could call anytime I needed a quick answer. Act-On University, their comprehensive support site/forum, is so thorough and has clear instructions for every process. I've never had such a pleasant experience learning new software as I did with Act-On. I felt incredibly supported!
  • The software itself is intuitive, simple, and easy to use. Every time I think of a feature I wish it had, I do a quick search in the help (aka Act-On University, which is incredible), and turns out, it DOES do that! I have been delighted over and over again.
  • The automation features are wonderful; it's simple to create an automated program with their drag/drop interface.
  • The integration with Salesforce is clean, but the process of adding information from SFDC to my lists in Act-On could be clearer. I struggled for the first few weeks understanding what all I needed to do to include new information from my CRM.
  • I loved my CSM, but her schedule was packed so full that I could only get on her calendar once a week. We needed to get up and running really quickly so I ended up having to do a lot of my onboarding myself, which meant I missed some things. We rectified them eventually, but I wish I'd had better access to my CSM in the early days.
  • It would be helpful to more easily push subscription information back to my CRM system. We had to do this with a "hack" and it isn't pretty.
Appropriate for: small to medium size shops without majorly sophisticated email marketing needs, it's perfect. We may outgrow Act-On in 4-5 years, but it was exactly what we needed to get to the next level in automation and functionality.
Read Lydia Fine's full review
June 27, 2016

Act-On Review: "Oustanding support. Our Trusted Partner for Online Marketing Success"

Act-On is being used by the marketing department in our company. It is being used to organize our content and our e-communications to our marketing research audiences. The system is useful for high-quality, segmented communication. We deploy the automation solutions for webinars and event registrations and engagement with our online content and for general automated communication by our team of users.
  • Customer service. Act-on is the leader in client support for training, basic tips and trouble shooting to planning our Act-On strategy. The Act-On team is flexible, friendly, engaged and collaborative.
  • Act-On does not over-complicate its offering. It is visually appealing and intuitive. Some platforms are just too complicated to keep on top of. We are a small team with a busy marketing schedule. We do not depend a great deal on online lead generation for our growth, however Act-On is still a good fit for us.
  • Trust. No surprises once we had signed our agreement. In fact, our expectations were exceeded.
  • Value - price for service.
  • Being able to attach images to social posts
  • More contemporary templates
I think Act-On would work equally well for small to large companies. If you are less confident or experienced in automation and funneling, Act-On genuinely invests in the expertise to guide and support you so you can be continually learning and developing your skills and application for the platform. You never feel you are in the deep end.
Read Sue Maldonado's full review
June 22, 2016

Act-On Review: "A platform for your entire marketing team"

Our initial purpose with Act-On was to improve our work with leads - before we had no clear overview or strategy for potential new customers. We didn't really know how many leads we had in the pipeline and definitely did not have a strategy in place on how to nurture them. However we have now also moved over many of our regular marketing activities to Act-On and been able to gather our work in a better way compared to before when we had many different systems.
  • It's been really easy to get started with Act-On! There are great step-by-step guides inside the platform on what you need to do in order to start using the system, and if any of the steps are unclear you can simply go to Act-On University to get a more detailed description.
  • So far I've been in contact with my CSM (customer success manager), technical support, the area manager and the creative team and everyone has provided competent and friendly service.
  • It's really simple to re-use assets such as forms, emails and landing pages. It saves our team a bunch of time since you almost never need to start over from scratch. To edit the assets is really simple through drag and drop functionality with great flexibility.
  • The available reports are quite static, so there is not much you can change. However I do know that this is a function that is more advanced if you go up to the Enterprise version.
  • The alerts to sales people could be developed further, at the moment they are mainly based on demographic's of the visitor but I would like to be able to connect them to lists as well.
  • The calendar provides a good overview of what has been done, but to fully optimize it I would like to be able to add planned activities. This would give the team a better possibility to plan and coordinate.
I think it's a great platform to get started with, it's easy to manage things by yourself and you therefore can decrease your dependence on an (expensive) third party. For us who have an IT department in house as well as a content team it's been working great to be able to manage the majority of the setup on our own, However, don't hesitate to use additional services since this can really give you a boost forward.
Read Johanna Adolfsson's full review
June 23, 2016

Act-On Review: "Great marketing automation software for beginners and experts alike!"

Act-On is primarily used by our marketing department, but the sales team is also closely involved. It's been critical for regrouping all of our marketing activities into one place, providing better visibility and enabling us to better construct marketing funnels. Now we can easily segment based on behavior and/or profile to send targeted messages. The sales team has greatly enjoyed the ability to track a prospect's activity across marketing activities e.g. the website, email campaigns, webinars and more.
  • User-friendly - the whole platform is intuitive and easy-to-use. The email and landing page composer in particular are very easy. We made the switch from Constant Contact and there was no learning curve to creating great emails.
  • Training and support - our Customer Success Manager has been a pleasure to work with. The implementation training provided a great overview and he gave us many tips and best practices so we started off on the right foot. Everyone I've come into contact with has been very friendly and effective.
  • Contact management - Act-On integrates well with Salesforce, so we've been able to pull our leads and contacts from there. But we're also able to add contacts directly to Act-On, nurture them and then only push them to Salesforce when they are really sales ready. The segmentation features are powerful, allowing you to test and find the right segment for a mailing based on their previous behaviors or profile.
  • We haven't gotten a lot of use out of the reports yet. That's partially because our sales cycle is long and we've been using Act-On for just under a year. However, we are struggling to produce an ROI.
  • Searching for a contact - you can't globally search for a contact, you have to search within the contact's list
Act-On is a great tool both for marketing novices and experts. It's highly performant but also easy to use. I was brand new to marketing automation when we implemented Act-On, but by starting with the essential features and gradually learning the more advanced ones, I quickly mastered it. Aside from reporting, there aren't any features that it lacks.
Read Meghan Fleming's full review
June 22, 2016

User Review: "Impressed Act-On Rookie"

We signed on with Act-On in early 2016 and are very pleased with our experience so far and we've only just begun! The Act-On team helps walk you through the process and keeps you on track with your implementation goals. Plus their support team is quick to respond with your questions and troubleshooting needs. So much helpful information is at your fingertips with their webinars, on-demand courses and white pages.
  • Assigned Customer Success Manager is available to you to help reach implementation goals, get set up correctly and give expert advice.
  • On-demand online courses, webinars and white pages at your fingertips - so much helpful information when you need it!
  • The email composer is easy to use and looks professional. Plus they don't advertise themselves on our emails.
Act-On is well suited for both those new to marketing automation and also those very experienced with digital marketing. Seems to work well for all levels of marketing experience!
Read Pamela Colby's full review
April 04, 2016

Act-On Review: "Great marketing automation tool with more to offer"

At the moment the marketing team uses Act-On for email marketing and sending out surveys. It helps us with creating and sending more personalised and targeted emails with a better response rate than we had before.

We are planning to integrate Act-On with our bespoke CRM system so that we could also use it for lead generation and nurturing as well as sending our proposal emails via Act-On.
  • I love the straightforward list management features of Act-On. It is easy to update and manage lists and the fact that segments are 'live' means I do not have to worry about updating individual segments as long as I have an up-to-date master list.
  • The use of the email composer could not be easier. With the drag & drop email builder it is really easy to design an email and change the content around if I change my mind.
  • I find it useful that we can not just create email templates but also create our forms and landing pages in Act-On, so I do not need a web developer to create a landing page for an offer in my mailer any more.
  • Form composer needs improvements as it is not as easy to use as the email and landing page composer at the moment.
  • More articles on automated programmes at the Act-On University would be useful.
It is a brilliant marketing automation tool for a medium size business with a smaller marketing team, where they want to make sure that they send the right message to the right people at the right time.
Read Regina Kosa's full review
December 02, 2015

Review: "Act-On proved to be a game changer for us"

Since we are an inbound marketing agency, we use Act-On across our small organization. We also help our customers implement it. We act as an external marketing department, we provide training and use of best practices. Act-On makes it easy to engage with leads and prospects 1-on-1. We have learned that by using tools like lead scoring, segmentation and drip campaigns, businesses keep growing on a structural basis.
  • Delivers all (most important) features a marketeer needs
  • Intuitive
  • Great support
  • Friendly pricing
  • Fast paced feature development
  • We could use more contextual content features to use on landing pages
  • The landing page editor could still be improved
  • Social media management could be better; more like Hootsuite
If you are not familiar with Marketing Automation, you should consider whether you have the resources to manage a platform and your content. You do not have to be a techy to work with Act-On, however some HTML and CSS skills come in handy. With Act-On you are up and running in no time. When connecting with a different CRM such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Dynamics or other native integrations, you will learn that Act-On provides all the APIs you need and more importantly all the support you will need.
Read Harold Klaassen's full review
November 29, 2015

User Review: "Act-On - Fantastic people"

Act-On is being used to fully identify and attribute the successes marketing is delivering to sales and the wider business. It was first rolled out to marketing, then sales and now to the wider business and we are able to understand prospects and customer activities then send personalised messaging to them. We are able to score and prioritise leads and to know what is successful and where to apportion budget.
  • I have used a number of marketing automation systems over the years from Oracle to Salesforce. However none of these have been as easy to use from a platform perspective.
  • Its very intuitive and in a short period of weeks we have been able to set up the platform, fully integrate it with our systems and create lead scoring and funnel reports.
  • If I am ever stuck our amazing customer success manager is there to help us with weekly calls and demos which focus on our business needs and requirements.
  • As with all new entrants into the market, there are features to make it better...however there is a product request hub which is regularly monitored, for me its acceleration of these ideas into the platform.
  • Deeper integration with Google Analytics to understand traffic coming onto the site, from what channel/source and attributing this to the contact/lead and funnel reports.
  • Out-of-box data out integrations with BI solutions such Tableau and MS Power BI.
  • A full marketplace of vendors who can connect with Act-On e.g. SMMS, IP Tracking, Call Tracking.
Act-On is at the moment very much an SME platform, however it it moving in the right direction with its recent overhauls e.g. email and landing page creation, data studio and multiple lead scoring.
Read Mark Terry's full review
November 29, 2015

Act-On Review: "The most bang for your buck a marketing automation tool has provided me"

Act-On is the core component of our in house marketing platform. When I joined Anachron, one of my key goals was to professionalize the marketing department - almost starting from scratch. Act-On enables me to monitor, maintain and execute a range of internal, inbound and outbound marketing activities through a single platform. It is the cornerstone of our entire marketing platform and its excellent integration with Salesforce and robust sales user functionality has enabled us to strengthen the relationship between marketing and sales greatly.
  • Behaviour Analysis. Anachron allows me to monitor all user behaviour on our websites, landing pages, emails webinars and other items. This knowledge, even the anonymous company data around who is on our sites and what they are doing is invaluable.
  • Email marketing and list management. Act-On's list management and email capabilities compare very favourably with some of the higher end automation tools I've used in the past. Although it has its quirks, it stands up strong against its biggest competitors in this regard.
  • Sales Support. The Act-On Anywhere Chrome Extension has rapidly become a must have item for our entire sales team. This recent addition to Act-On gives much greater insight into prospect behaviour to sales and most importantly enables the to get access to that information without having to log into another system, It's included right there in their emails and their web browser. The Act-On tab in Salesforce is also of great interest to our sales team.
  • Program automation: the only feature I miss from Eloqua, which I used in a previous role, is the drag and drop canvas for building out a drip campaign. Act-On's functionality works perfectly, but the fact it's all listed in one vertical line makes it slightly more difficult to visualize the flow. Having said that, the tools are all there, it could just do with some extra visualization when it comes to making complex programs.
  • Website prospector. This is one of the features I use very heavily and although the new version recently launched is a big improvement, there's still room for more info. It's by no means bad, but I'd like to see some extra info in here.
  • Forms: Id like to see a more visual formbuilder, in line with the landing page improvements recently made. The form works great but are quite plain visually. This could be improved and remove the need for extra tools in WordPress/other programs.
Actually, I think Act-On is suitable for almost any business as its pricing structure enables you to remain in control and join up at a level that suits your organization. You get most, if not all, of the features you would get from some of the bigger players, like Marketo, HubSpot and Eloqua, without any of the cumbersome hassle of cost that comes with them.

For mid-sized enterprises, Act-On is a no brainer but I'd even recommend it to some larger corporates as if they really compare what they're getting with Eloqua/Marketo etc., I think they'd be surprised to see what Act-On has to offer.
Read Damian Leslie's full review
November 25, 2015

Review: "Looking to add an extra dimension to your marketing and sales activity? Act-On is the platform for you..."

Act-On is used across the whole of our business, it is predominantly used to align the marketing and sales teams, but we also utilise the software for client communications and use the platform as part of our inbound marketing service. In terms of our marketing activity, the platform is crucial in terms of executing our current inbound and content marketing strategy and has helped to revolutionise our lead nurturing and management process, while developing and improving our sales funnel execution.
  • Lead nurturing
  • Marketing list segmentation
  • Providing an insight into user behaviour, allowing for a more granular analysis of your current prospects
  • Reporting
  • Speed of unsubscribing contacts
  • Email building requires a high understanding of html if you face any issues with design or layout
The platform is best suited to organisations that have a very strong and well executed content marketing strategy, a well engaged audience and a healthy sales pipeline to get the most out of what the platform can offer.
Read Andrew Smith's full review
November 24, 2015

Act-On Review: "A great product and a great company to work with."

We use it across the whole organization, from the technical teams who collaborate with marketing to build content all the way to sales. We use Act-On both as customers and as partners, selling and deploying it to other organizations. This means we need deep knowledge of the product and how to present it in various business situations. Act-On solves problems like lead nurturing, marketing empowerment and independence from IT, ROI and marketing activities cost calculation. For small marketing teams to look big, it's an indispensable tool.
  • Constant evolution of the product.
  • Fantastic landing page and email builder.
  • Great handling of email sending, bounce and traffic.
  • Great website website analysis tools.
  • As a company, Act-On is always willing and eager to listen to customer feedback and incorporate it into the product.
  • A more coherent interface.
  • Data studio needs to be a bit more mature.
  • A more contact oriented, less list oriented approach could be useful.
I believe it's a flexible product, that can be fitted into most business environments. Of course, with any tool of this sort, you gain a lot by integrating it with a CRM tool, so make sure yours is supported during the selection process. Also make sure that you have ideas of what you want to do and achieve, as it greatly speeds up the adoption process.
Read Diogo Cabral's full review
November 23, 2015

Act-On Review: "Guaranteed Lead Generation and Support"

We use Act-On as our primary marketing platform. I use it for drip campaign, email marketing, webinar set up, social media, and reporting. This tool has allowed use to continue our 20% yearly growth because of its ease of use and ability to get through to the intended audience. The automation features in this product are huge time savers and the ability to integrate with our Salesforce and WebEx tools allows for consistency across our organization. Our bounce rates have gone from over 50% to under 3%. We are able to get visibility into how our potential customers are accessing our information through the Act-On tool. This enables us to craft our messaging accordingly. The reporting from the very beginning to the end is invaluable for reporting and budgeting.
  • Webinar Creation-This is synced up with our Saleforce and WebEx tools for a smooth seamless event from start to finish. Getting our message through but also keeping our CRM up to date with the interaction.
  • Send Over Time- I cannot preach enough about how effective this feature is for getting messaging through. You are able to select specific time blocks that you would like your blast to drip out. This allows them to less likely be marked as spam because they trickle out.
  • Automation-Some of the best drip marketing features I have ever seen! Automation allows for multiple lists and segments with an endless group of messages. One of the best ways to save you and your team time and allow the customers to raise their hands for help.
  • Support-Their support staff is amazing! You never have to talk to someone you cannot understand or that is not personable. They are always ready and eager to help in anyway they can. Their ability to escalate and get answers the same day is very impressive.
  • I would really like to see the "send over time" feature be added back to the webinar messaging. This feature is very important for maintaining a low bounce rate.
  • It would be nice to allow for more flexibility with the information processed in funnel reports. Not all of the options available will allow for the data that we are looking for.
  • They need to design a better functioning more realistic marketing calendar.
Make sure that you are prepared to use all of the functions provided within your marketing team. For some organizations, cost is an issue. If you are not willing to invest in your leads then this is NOT the right tool for you. Make sure that you are invested into the proper set up of Act-On, otherwise you will not get the results you are looking for.
Read Richard Longo's full review
November 23, 2015

Act-On Review: "Fostering better relationships through accessible email marketing"

In our small company, I am the sole user of Act-On. I use it almost daily to send emails to multiple groups of prospects and customers across the organization. Act-On allows us to quickly and easily send marketing emails, retention emails, and weekly newsletters. It also allows us to take care of opt-outs easily, so we can stay compliant and keep our deliverability high. Within our account, we are able to manage thousands of contacts and view each contact's profile to see how many emails they have been sent, how many they have opened, and how many they have clicked, which keeps us organized and on task with how we are communicating with our prospects.
  • Email creation - The templates are especially helpful, but the fact that we can customize them to match whatever colors or styles fit the theme of our email message, is a big plus.
  • Customer service - The Act-On team is always reaching out to check in and see how they can help us reach our goals faster and more easily.
  • Deliverability - I never have to worry that we are going to end up on a blacklist or that our emails will not get sent out at the correct time. For over 3 years I have trusted Act-On and their excellent deliverability.
  • More training - There are features I haven't used, due to lack of knowing how to use them. The team has offered to train me on these, I just need to take them up on the offer!
  • Email lists - Sometimes if I remove an opt-out from one list, they are still included in another list. This can just be a source of time-consumption as I have to go find where else the contact is in our account.
Most definitely, Act-On is best for companies that want to send multiple messages to the same contact many times during a month. Most email automation systems will count each email sent against the monthly allowance, but Act-On only counts the actual contact that is sent to each month, and it only counts it once, which is great for a company like ours. We send multiple emails to the same prospects each month, so Act-On fits our needs extremely well.
Read Paloma Nazar's full review
November 21, 2015

Act-On Review: "Great for marketing and business development teams!"

Act-On is really being utilized by two departments within our organization. Our marketing team is using it for email campaigns, posting to social media sites, marketing lists and reporting. I know that they are able to pull better metrics for reports now that we have implemented this too.

I am on the business development team, which means that we are using it for different reasons. My team is using it to track who has been to our site to what pages they visited. From there, we are able to create drip campaigns using Act-On, in order to really target our warmer leads. This is something we have never had in place before, so it really has helped us become more efficient when doing cold emails.
  • It not only allows you to see who visited your website, but also what pages they were clicking on. This comes in really handy when you need to separate webinar leads from people who really want to purchase your product and are looking at something like the product tour.
  • We use Dynamics CRM and it has the connector with that system. This allows us to send emails to our prospects directly from our CRM system. As a business development specialist, we constantly work with people who go dark after awhile. With this feature we are able to see whether or not they are opening our emails that we sent. This helps us focus on which prospects we should continue to go after, and which one's we should let go.
  • I LOVE being able to set up alerts for my territories. I can say all the state that I work with, and it sends me an updated list of new people visiting our site in those areas. This means that you don't have to filter through long lists just to find which prospects might be yours. Once again, making your team more productive and efficient.
  • There is only one thing that I can honestly say I wish they would change. If you send an email from Dynamic CRM, it does log the email in the history which is nice. However, you can't preview or view the email in your CRM system. It provides you with a link that drives you out of that system and into Act-On.
I think the major departments that would use a solution like this would be the marketing and business development teams. I think one thing to keep in mind is that if you are going to expand the use to your business development team, make sure that they have a connector or can integrate with your CRM system. This way, everything still stays centralized in one repository.
Read Melodie Pierson's full review
November 20, 2015

Act-On Review: "Powerful Marketing Automation With Flawless Salesforce Integration"

We have implemented Act-On (after a failed attempt with another marketing automation program) to help us automate our sales and marketing process throughout the lead life cycle. Act-On is used by our sales and marketing team to prospect new leads and to nurture new, non-responsive or previously unqualified leads.
  • Salesforce integration. I'm able to accomplish everything that I need to accomplish seamlessly between Act-On and Salesforce.
  • Support. Our use of Act-On is probably fairly unique but every question or issue I throw at my customer success manager (Scott S., who is AMAZING) is always met with a convenient and innovative solution.
  • Automation. The automated programs are very intuitive and easy to set up, monitor and use.
  • Website Prospector. I've used other tools that are far more sophisticated in matching visitors with companies (instead of ISPs, which Prospector does more often than not) and in preserving a visitor's identity throughout their entire process (such as, linking an identity to an anonymous user once that user is identified via a form). I think it is probably heading in the right direction but at this point I think it's the feature that needs the most attention.
  • E-mail Templates. Templates are created through stationery, which while it would be very easy to use for a company sending out multiple identically-designed e-mails, is a bit cumbersome for more design-focused HTML e-mails. I'd love more flexibility with HTML and WYSIWYG HTML editing.
Act-On is a fantastic marketing automation solution if you are using Salesforce - for our needs, we chose it over Salesforce's own marketing automation program because of the flexibility of the two-way syncing. I would say if your company regularly needs to use marketing e-mails that are heavily HTML-focused that the editor may not have the flexibility you are looking for and may be cumbersome. I would strongly suggest a product demo to walk through the content editors, the prospecting and the automation setup to fully see the capabilities yourself. Most of the features are head and shoulders above other options we researched for our use.
Read Lauren Kates's full review
November 12, 2015

User Review: "My take on Act-On"

Our sales and marketing departments use Act-On to automate email campaigns, build forms, track consumer behavior and nurture leads.
  • I'm impressed with the ease of Act-On's list management. It's extremely simple to import, segment and send messages to the exact audience you want to target.
  • Act-On's customer support has been phenomenal. Every time I call or email with a question, they're quick to respond with a solution. With one issue in particular, I was passed around to a few different Act-On employees, simply because my question was too technical for my account manager. However, as soon as I landed in the right place (with one of the software engineers), my concern was resolved within the hour. It was terrific.
  • Creating the right reports is a breeze in Act-On. I never half to worry about pulling the most up-to-date data on all of our marketing campaigns and prospective lead behavior. It also makes it easy for our sales reps to stay current on who's frequenting our website and what their interests may be.
  • The design capabilities for landing pages, forms and emails are lacking. It would be nice to have more creative options for those who aren't experienced with building visually appealing webpages and emails with code.
  • Generally, our integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is good, but occasionally the numbers don't match up between the two systems. I'm sure some of it is user error as new data is entered, but some of it isn't. And our marketing efforts are only as good as our data.
  • When mapping data fields in the process of importing an email list, it'd be helpful for the selection of Act-On data fields to be alphabetized. It would make the selection process much faster.
Act-On is a great tool for our needs so far. We've had it less than a year and we're already seeing the benefits of better lead tracking and nurturing. We've saved time and money by automating a number of tasks we haven't been able to manage effectively in the past. I look forward to learning more about how to optimize this software because I know it's capable of helping us become even more efficient.
Read Brandon Taylor's full review
November 12, 2015

Review: "Act-On helps give us direction with our marketing"

We use Act-On to track our strongest leads. The tracking features allow us to see who is visiting our website and when it would be best to reach out to leads based on their activity. We use it for follow up from conferences to reach out to contacts we made. We use the landing pages to easily supplement our website, allowing us to easily create content without having to go through our IT team and create new pages more easily than dealing with HTML and CSS. We also use the SEO features to make sure our website and landing pages are set up ideally.
  • Their knowledge base and onboarding are fantastic. I learned what I needed in a very short period of time and can quickly find information if I need help getting what I need.
  • They respond very quickly when support is needed and have always helped me find what I need if I can't in the knowledge base.
  • The email creation tool is very easy to use, and I love that it has a responsive design.
  • Adding and uploading contacts is easy.
  • Building forms is simple and easy, and is a great way to supplement our website.
  • It's very frustrating that the marketing lists are not sortable by column.
  • I know it's coming soon, but having responsive design for the landing pages would be a great improvement.
  • It would be great to see what lists a contact is in, possibly tying it together by email address.
It is definitely helpful if you need tools like lead scoring, website tracking, and an easy way to create content.
Read Elizabeth Lepisto's full review
February 23, 2016

User Review: "Act-On-It!"

The Business Development and Marketing teams of MedXM use Act-On for email marketing purposes. We are able to create and implement content announcements, press releases, trade show outreach and so on to support the sales efforts of MedXM. The Business Development team is able to utilize and track their own personal emails through Salesforce with Act-On, making it easier for the team to capture and nurture their leads.
  • Synchronization with Salesforce is convenient and effective
  • Customer Support is always very helpful
  • The email composer is easy to use
  • Menus and tabs could be better organized for quicker locating
  • The segmented list option could be more user friendly
  • The automated program generator is not user friendly and can prove quite difficult
I think Act-On is better suited for small teams and small businesses.
Read Amanda Hurley's full review
February 22, 2016

Review: "Act-On is easy to use and works with SalesForce"

Act-On is user friendly and works in conjunction with SalesForce. This makes tracking e-mails easy and their reports are extremely easy to read. In addition, it protects you from e-mailing opt-outs and bounced e-mails. I have found their training sessions very helpful and customer service is fantastic. I would highly recommend any company who uses e-mail to reach their prospective clients try Act-On.
  • Ease of Use.
  • Reports are easy to read and stay up to date.
  • They are coming out with more layouts.
  • Now that they have more layouts I have no complaints.
Act-on is well suited for any e-mail you need to send in large or small quantities. They also keep you up to date on trends and best practices. I use Act-on for 95% of all my marketing.
Read Brigitte Klaube's full review
February 05, 2016

Act-On Review: "Easy to Use and Great Customer Service"

Our marketing department is using Act-On for email marketing (internal and external), lead nurturing campaigns, form development, web behavior tracking, lead scoring, and A/B testing of subject lines, content and form layout. It allows the marketing department to be more efficient by automating many tasks.

Act-On is integrated with Salesforce so our sales team uses it to review the behavior of their leads before making contact. They also use the daily website prospector report to monitor website interaction. Lead scoring helps prioritize which leads to contact first, making the best use of their time.
  • Wonderful customer service. They are quick to respond whether via email or a phone call. They actively seek out answers from various sources (Tech Support, CSM, Engineers), not giving up until the issue has been resolved.
  • The email composer is easy to use. Creating great looking emails without any HTML experience isn't an issue.
  • The recent updates to segmentation are amazing. The flexibility of the custom logic feature makes creating complex segments easy.
  • So many features to explore it can be overwhelming.
  • Website prospector report isn't customizable on information shown and how often report is sent.
  • No automated alerts when form submissions to Salesforce fail.
Act-On is great! It works well, is easy to use and updates are frequent and well planned. Their customer support is excellent and always available so you don't have to stop your work and wait for an answer. The integration with a number of CRMs makes the software of value not only to the marketing department but to sales also.
Read Stephanie Dowell's full review
February 03, 2016

User Review: "Act-On Proves to Be a Winner"

Act-On is used by me primarily as an email-marketing tool as well as a form submission tool. It works in conjunction with Salesforce and our existing website. Having used other email marketing tools, I find it easily outclasses much of what I worked with in my past. It is easy to use while still having many additional features that I am still scratching the surface of.
  • Email creation: The ability to design new or re-use existing templates makes Act-On a great improvement over other tools I have used.
  • Reporting: Act-On provides easy to understand reporting tools. It allows me to delve into the analytics of how my sends perform.
  • Import ease: The ability to import the data that I use for some my sends is highly intuitive.
  • At times, there are almost too many features to manage. I know there is more that I can do with Act-On, but I have only so much time in the day. I don't have too much time to explore.
It proves to be an excellent tool. I come across mistakes other email marketers do and think "That wouldn't have happened if you were using Act-On." It's only failing is in what I would call proactive support. There are so many features that occasional efforts to try and educate me on one or the other would be useful.
Read Eric Kinaitis, MBA's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (85)
Dynamic content (70)
6.7
Ability to test dynamic content (69)
6.6
Landing pages (83)
A/B testing (73)
Mobile optimization (79)
Email deliverability (85)
List management (83)
6.4
Triggered drip sequences (64)
Lead nurturing (79)
6.5
Lead scoring and grading (83)
Data quality management (78)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (73)
6.7
Calendaring (8)
Event/webinar marketing (54)
Social sharing and campaigns (51)
6.5
Social profile integration (47)
Dashboards (82)
4.9
Standard reports (85)
5.9
Custom reports (62)
5.9
API (48)
Role-based workflow & approvals (52)
Customizability (65)
5.4
Integration with Salesforce.com (46)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (22)
4.4
Integration with SugarCRM (20)

About Act-On

Act-On Software is a marketing automation provider responsible for delivering innovation that enables marketers to create Adaptive Journeys™ using customer behaviors, preferences, and data to intelligently guide the engagement strategy. Act-On is the only integrated workspace that powers the customer experience from end-to-end, from brand awareness and demand generation to retention and loyalty. With Act-On, marketers can drive better business outcomes and see higher customer lifetime value. Act-On is squarely focused on the success of its customers and offers consultant-level quality with everyday customer support. Act-On has been recognized for its superior product and rapid business growth by Deloitte, Forbes, and Inc. Magazine.

Act-On Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Has featureLead nurturing
Has featureLead scoring and grading
Has featureData quality management
Has featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Has featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Has featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Has featureSocial profile integration
Has featureIntegration with SugarCRM
Has featureEmail Marketing
Has featureLead Scoring
Has featureWebsite Visitor Tracking
Has featureAutomated Programs (Trigger & Drip Campaigns)
Has featureSocial Publishing
Has featureReporting & Analytics
Has featureSEO
Has featureForms
Has featureEvents & Webinars

Act-On Screenshots

Act-On Video

bisco Industries chose Act-On over Marketo to replace its email service provider, and their first Act-On campaign increased conversion rates by 1,285%, and is on track to yield $120K in annual revenue. Implementing Act-On has also increased the number of campaigns bisco can develop by 78%, and saved the company $72K across the entire marketing department.

Act-On Downloadables

Act-On Integrations

Act-On Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required
Professional$900per month (starts at 2,500 active contacts)
Enterprise$2,000per month ( starts at 2,500 active contacts)

The Professional package starts at 2,500 active contacts, 3 marketing users, 50 sales users and 30,000 API calls per day. The Enterprise package starts at 2,500 active contacts, 6 marketing users, 100 sales users and 30,000 API calls per day. Annual contract required.

Act-On Customer Size Distribution